LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise...What you CAN do today_March 11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise...What you CAN do today_March 11
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need water and sit down break from my vacuuming exercise today

Also did some laundry and furniture moving. Whew!

Another nice day and roads are not Icey so I'm hoping for 3rd day walking on road with Etta

For me almost 3000 steps is good

How is everyone else...last night my shower after detox bath counted as exercise too.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu I answered your snow question with a pic on fb

Hiker...90 minutes? Raking is pretty hard on my shoulder. I saved a kids rake from my grandson...he's 26 now I think...and I can use it a little with one hand

I was recovering from surgery in the fall and I see I didn't do a great job of putting plants to bed. I have leftover leaves and scruffy grass and weeds in the beds I will need to deal with when this snow melts

I do have to pairs of birds building nests...cardinals moved in where robins were last year and some small brown birds are in baby blue spruce. Only second yr there is a nest there

Ok. Back to vacume. Hope everyone is having a good day.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lp--Thanks for starting the thread.

Fun to watch the birds. So many spring birds migrating through now.

Walked 25 minutes. In the 30's today, but still nice enough to get outside. Very rarely do we have a day without wind here, so I took advantage of it.

Off to do laundry.

Have a super week. [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool here .. but not bad. They had snow in St Louis. I went to the store this evening and it was 43.

LP .. are you through moving furniture? Ouch.

I hope everyone has a great week!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I just moved the furniture to vacuume. Not that heavy or far...I'm done tho. Made it thru hall laundry room and bath but now I can't walk. A short rest didn't help so I'm giving up. No walk today. Etta was out on long leash a lot so I hope she will forgive me

Tues-wed storm could be 14 " heavy snow but hopefully not much wind and it will be warm after.

So...no more storms after this one right? I remember when I planted peas every st Patrick's day

Did you guys see tincups post about the buzzards? Animals are changing

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Just a cooking and washing dishes day.

Good day yesterday exercising and meeting plus church.

Kayak-Thanks for getting us going. Have to check out TC's post.

TuTu-Triazolam was listed as a safe sleeping aid for MCAD. Hoping not to take it to often. I stopped taking Ambien after contacting my first ex and having no memory of calling like 5 people from my past. I was so embarrassed!

Hiker-Rained here almost all day otherwise I would have been outside popping weeds out of the lawn. I sure needed some down time!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Another day another dollar...oops...I mean storm

I couldn't fall asleep until 4 a.m. so I slept till 11 it's going to take me some time to get used to the new time I guess

but the worst thing is I can't walk I rested I was not on my feet but my shins are not letting me walk and there's a lot to do cuz this storm keeps getting worse

it's over 14 in now it starts tonight and I didn't think it would il tomorrow so my day will be getting ready for that

The Seacoast will get a break this time though Tides won't be high so that's really good

I really like coming here you guys are my

family hope everybody has a good day a good couple of days if you don't hear from me I'm laughing when I say that

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. yes, benzos work for MCAS .. but ..

LP .. I hope the storms are over soon for you! No more furniture moving for awhile .. then you will be able to walk again.

Etta will be happy to see spring!

The weather is cool today .. will be very warm by the end of the week. Trees are budding out. Spring is on its way!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lp--Praying storm will not be as bad as predicted.

AK--I laugh when you talk about "popping" weeds out of the soil. Here, the weeds come out in protest and yelling and the roots inevitably stay in! LOL

Went to chiropractor after work.

Then went for a 20 minute walk.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Popping weeds sounds funny to me too...but your soil is really sandy right a k ?

I went to get a few things I should have before storm but there were so many ppl I couldn't get a parki g space

I noticed wind was off water so decided to take an hour to breathe

I was able to drive the coast...down and back...stopped twice to walk Etta with cane(and resting on picnic table benches)

About 15 min first time and 10 min 2nd time

That counts. Then a squall blew in from ocean and it was pouring ice. I was concerned the storm was early and I was 10 miles from home...but online I saw it was just a spot....going a mile inland...so I drove out of it and got home easy

Just settling in. I got some of what I wanted at corner store. I 'll be ok

Just trying to figure out what I can get done. Mostly finish laundry I think

And a detox bath or shower since I might not get another soon

I'm ready for spring. Very Wierd winter

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Just my ab and bun DVDs. Didn't make it to the Y today, got my teeth cleaned instead. Need some dental work done but will have to save up for it.

Kayak-Way to go on the walking. My yard is pretty sandy but some of those weed roots go deep. All in all it's not to hard to pop them out. It is kinda funny though because sometimes they go flying through the air.

TuTu-It's so hard to find safe meds. I found a safe pain pill, Oxycontin, but it's almost impossible to find a Dr to prescribe it.

Hiker-I miss my time on the treadmill. Glad you got 20 minutes in today. Sometimes when I'm popping weeds the root doesn't come all the way out. Looks like it'll be a never ending battle along with the fire ants.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oxy is not safe at all .. sigh .. We just have no options.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Oh man!!! Just checked weather with my coffee and now its a blizzard! Grrrrr....this started out with them saying "hardly any wind" now 40 to 50 mph where I am and up to 15 inches

I have lots of things to do inside....but just hope to do it with power.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope the power stays on, LP!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Me too tutu!

So far so good. The wind isn't too bad but ALOT of heavy snow. And the snow is blowing sideways...but not trees....around here anyway. I know there are lots of power outages south of us

I went out at 11 and pushed 6 " in a few places...the paths and in front of car and I made a skinny path to road...

I slept and went out again at 4. There's almost another 6" I'm worried about house roof...I called the guy who did house roof last time and he said he would come before dark

I have to go do a little more now and probably one more time before midnight

2 more storms next week. I'm tired and running out of plow money

Now you guys will probably post about planting gardens!

I'm ok. And we did miss a bunch of the earlier storms

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp-sounds like a doozy of a snowstorm. Ugh.

Chilly and windy here. Came home too tired to walk today.

Set out all my yard waste and then found it is not getting picked up until April 2. At least it is in garbage cans and I can haul those back up to garage.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Ab and leg DVDs and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Came home and ran tons of errands with Mom. We're wiped out and vegging for the rest of the day.

Looks like you guys have some cold weather! It was windy and cooler here today and I loved it.

Well, guess I'll get back to vegging out.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

EXERCISE!! I forgot to post my exercise this week. I went TWICE...woot woot!

I did about 25 min on the machine on Tuesday and 32 today. I did 6 laps each day. I'm lazy with those because they are boring. Sometimes I have to go around slower people and I don't want to bother the old folks, ya know?

Anyway, it feels good to be back in the swing of things. I took a nap in the late afternoon and had trouble waking up. Whew...Now I'm watching the Voice.

LP .. Glad you got some of the snow cleared. I hope the future storms won't be as bad.

Hiker .. You got your workout hauling trash cans around. That counts.

AK.. Have a great evening with your mom! Good job on the exercise!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Ab and lower leg DVDs and 30 minutes on the treadmill and struggled for 5 minutes on the rower.

Now home with Mom and looks like I'll be making her favorite apple salad and maybe doing some other cooking.

TuTu-Way to go on your exercise this week! I think the thing that's motivating me is that I have to pay $32 a month!

Hiker-Is it due to the weather that your yard debris isn't being picked up until April 2? I need to get out in the yard and rake some more. Our yard folks left lots of acorns in the yard.

Kayak-Hope you're surviving that storm front!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hiker....dragging stuff out like that for no reason would make me mad

A k I've been meaning to ask for apple salad recipe. I used to make one with apples celery and walnuts....what's in yours?

I shoveled to road first thing to get trash out...it was over 6 inches but fluffy. Then cleared around car for 3rd time.

Greatful for carport. Greatful for sun peeking thru and temp above freezing. Greatful for roof shovel guy. At noon I will hear update about 2 storms next week

Dishes and other stuff is piling up cuz all I can do is shovel and rest

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

So the total here was 25.5 inches

Warm and melting today thurs and Fri

Then freezes over weekend and first storm Tuesday

I'm mostly resting today. I have the shin pain so only pushed a little snow off paths that fell from roof

My temp was 95 too. For a few dsys it was 97 and I thought the new thyroid supp was working so I didn't increase the dose. I'm tak7ngb2 a day but allowed 4 a day so I guess I will put it up. 95 is better than 93 so it seems to be working

I also took Etta for a drive to get $ from bank

Everytime I sit down I fall asleep...but I think its ok. My legs need rest for the pain to go away

I 'll try to push what is easy to move away from house the next 2 days when it is warm. When it freezes on weekend it will be hard to move

No way to know how much is coming on Tuesday. But about 12 hours worth.

Hopefully tonight I can stand long enough to wash dishes and maybe make muffins

I need to get those trash cans too

Hope you guys are doing well.

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--That is a lot of snow!!

Ak--Salad sounds delicious.

Pi day today, so the PTA had pies for us at lunch. I indulged.

Walked 20 minutes after school.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. 25 inches for one storm or two? I wish this were the LAST one for you!

When you go to your doctor, is your temp low? You would think SOMEONE would have a clue.

Hiker .. PIES .. yes... I ate one of those little "snack" pies today. Walmart has good pies. Yes, they contain gluten. [Frown]

One of my Masto friends had to go to the ER yesterday because her apartment complex wouldn't listen to her pleas to NOT spray pesticides in her apartment. They didn't give her time to get a note from her doctor. She could have died. She had to have 4 epi pens.

I know we reacted pretty badly at church on Sunday and they had sprayed earlier in the week. I can't imagine if I had been in there the the DAY OF.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ha....again I answered and it disappeared. 25.5 in for one storm. The one before that was 15 I think...very wet and harder to handle. I totally forget the 1st one...all in 2 weeks an now something for 12 hrs tues to wed

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ok good that posted

Hmmm. Pie sounds good. Maybe ill make an apple crisp

Tutu...my temp has been consistently low in hospital after surgery at pt...they checked and documented cuz it was on hospital records...also at gi office...they said I should have primary call them to confirm

But at primary it is always normal. I know their techs are incompetent and I think their equipment doesn't work

They only test tsh and refuse to test t3 and t4 separate...and my tsh is normal so they refuse to give me armour or anything else

My naturopath would. And I think it would be covered...but its 200 for appt and 100 for blood draw...and I have to drive an hour to get to him so its on hold

I ended up with low temp again so I am now taking full dose of thyroid supp. It would be nice if that worked

Each storm has cost 100. To get it cleared so I am a little short of cash now

And the construction guy who is finishing windows and siding on back of house finally answered his phone and I am on his schedule so I have to save for that

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I just keep pushing add reply cuz I never know if it will work. When they changed the way lymenet looks it is very tiny print and I have to push more buttons to post

So...my exercise today was washing almost every dish i own

When I was shoveling andvresting for 3 days I didn't stand to wash dishes once. My legs still have not recovered. I know Etta would love exercise walk but it won't happen

It took an hour to wash the dishes! So I'm resting now...in an hour I 'll eat some lunch and she can go out with me to push back snow as far as I can

Its warm and melting...but I will need to wear mask cuz when its warm and wet i smell moldy cars next door

After that I will rest again and have to move a little furniture so guy can come in tomorrow and measure windows so they will be ready by may

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I bought 4 long skirts. Cheap ones online. I am having a really hard time pulling pants on with this shoulder. I haven't been getting dressed except when I have to go out. I just go from one flannel night gown to the next

So I thought in would try skirts. I knew there was a good chance they would stink too much...I paid 4.00 each for them in the clearance section

I opened the first one and it doesn't smell too bad. It smells. Like insecticide more than perfume so I am hopeful I can wash the smell out...it will be a long process that starts with soaking in baking soda for a day

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

That is awful about the masto friend. I just don't understand how it is allowed for us to get poisoned. I can hardly go anywhere. I can't walk in walmart without mask...have to bring my own bags and shop quick hand wash my bags when in get home to get the sweet perfume smell off. Most of what I buy I have to empty into my own container...or leave it outside if it won't freeze. The containers Pick up the smell. And too much of it makes me need benadryl. There are tons of studies showing all these artificial scents cause cancer but the laws about using them are not enforced

My whole life now is trying to get what I need to survive without being poisoned. And try to have some kind of fun. More and more it is online or tv...

It makes me very sad but I don't see anyway to change it. I'm so greatful for Etta and interaction with you guys and fb friends...also support online on how to live this way

Ok...now I will think of spring and the flowers that will be under this snow when it melts

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Kids hyper at school. Too much standardized testing this week.

Walked 27 minutes.

Please pray for Gretchen, my energy healer. She just got diagnosed with a rare blood disease.

More tests needed to see if chemo would help; otherwise life expectancy is less than a year. I am so sad.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Took a day off and went shopping! Bought a St. Patrick's day t-shirt from Walmart to wear on Saturday. Then spent 2 1/2 - 3 hours at the indoor flea market. All I bought was a $1.50 martini glass. All in all enjoyed my day!

My Mom had visitors today, her BFF and another friend. Their visit ended about 8:00. Did my Mom some good to see other folks besides just me.

Kayak-My recipe is similar too yours. Peeled apples chunks, peeled celery slices, lemon or lime juice and mayo. I add blue cheese and walnuts or pecans to my Mom's and I add grapes to mine. It's my quickie version of a Waldorf salad.

Hiker-Way to go on the walking! When's your spring break? Josh's is the last week of March and he's chomping at the bit. He's so ready for some down time.

TuTu-OMG! I didn't know that more than one Epipen was needed at a time! I only have 3 on hand. So far I haven't reacted to badly to the exterminator but of course that can vary. Cigarette smoke is my #1 allergen that causes most of my problems. Take care!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. I hope the skirts work out OK. I'll see if I can help you with the Lymenet problems. Maybe we can chat.

hiker .. That is just awful about Gretchen! I will add her to my list of prayers.

AK .. Always have two epi's on hand. You can rebound with only one and then be in the same position. My friend has had to use her epi like 16 times since January. She's really down about it.

It's pretty scary. She has mastocytosis though, so I'm not TOO worried about myself just now.

I had a computer guy here most of the afternoon. I think we got everything running right. Got a new printer set up and running but I haven't tried doing it myself. Oops.

He put a new solid state drive in it. Our drive was kaput. The solid state drives are only $75 and he said it will last forever.

Signing off....

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Omg friends. I am so stressed. Exercise was following construction guy around and trying to understand what he was saying. He insisted the windows came one way and trim was added on later and I knew he was wrong...but he insisted and it was very confusing...and I thought I was crazy...or way more cognitively impaired than I am.

I tentatively called the guy who sold me windows and he explained it all so easily and I was right

I swear every construction guy I have here does things "his" way and it is always different. They all insist their way is the right way.

I'm talking and crying. I will be so glad when this is finished

I want a simple life

Hiker...I am so sorry about Gretchen. It is so sad. I will add prayers to those already offered

A k I'm glad you had a nice day to your self

Tutu....its great to get a good deal huh?

Good news is the Tuesday storm seems to be going south...we may miss it...or only get a little snow

It's not coming til wed now...so I backed off on pushing snow back...there will be 3 full days of sun above freezing so there will be a lot of melting

Hope everyone has a good day. I keep think8my about Gretchen. I hope there will be a happy ending with that

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hope this is over soon, kayak .. Has this guy worked for you before?

PS .. My computer repair cost way more than $75 but I'm happy to be able to stay with Windows 7 and have an operating system that will last a long time. I really didn't want a new computer.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Ab and bun DVDs, 30 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the rower. Then home and took Mom to Sam's for some groceries. Now home and about to rake and pick up trash in yard for about an hour.

Hiker-I'm sorry about Gretchen. I hope that something can be done for her.

Kayak-Some handymen don't know what they're doing. We had one install a window that was supposed to stop a leak and the new window leaked too!

TuTu-Oh thank you for sharing about your friend having Mastocytosis. I was really worried. I've got to update my will. I still have my sister listed as my executrix and my beneficiary even though she's been gone since 2013.

Well, trying to motivate myself to get outside.

See everyone later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Pretty intense exercise. Way to go!

You can do wills on line pretty cheaply, I think.

So glad it is Friday. Kids were very good today!

Went grocery shopping after work.

Made a meatloaf and it is in the oven.

Tossed my sheets in the washer. Love sleeping on them when they come out of the warm dryer.

Plan to relax tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

The guy that came is brother of guy who did a really good job for me at a good price. They are sons of a local contractor who had a business here for 40 yrs. He taught them. They are good. But the one who came to measure windows seemed to have a communication problem of some sort

I left a message to the one I knew better and he called and apologized and I feel better

A little surprised tho...I thought we were scheduled for May 1st and he says he will be ready in 3 weeks

I do feel better but its always stressful. A couple thousand bucks isntbmuchbto some ppl but it is a lot yo me...and the stress of smells from ppl and materials has me very nervous

He did an excellent job last time

I think the main problem we had today is communication. The good guy will be here for the work

Other family stressful stuff happened too...and now there is a 1 in 3 chance that storm will dump on us or miss us or be a normal snowstorm. They start talking about this stuff way too soon

Hope I can sleep. I don't know why I didn't last night

Take care.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

yeah .. it's a lot of money to me too!!

I hope you can get it sorted out. Is three weeks too early for you? At least it will be done.

Hiker .. I'm jealous of your meatloaf!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yeah tutu. I was counting on 2 paychecks to get the money together to pay them. My oldest will probably be ok lending me some for a month

I just want it done. I finally have house cleaned up from Christmas except one room...it used to be the office ...now its the junk room

It's good in a way cuz it has a door to outside so when I finally sort it I can have big fan blowing air out and it will be easy to get all the moldy stuff and other stuff I have outside

It is absolutely beautiful outside! Pretty blue skies...fluffy white clouds...and bright sun.

Very cold but I think a lot of melting will happen

I caught up on sleep. Oh...got my new glasses and I like them so much better than the free pair they gave me....

I need to make a list and get productive...but I'm feeling positive and ready for spring

Hiker...when will Gretchen have more news?

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Way overdid it with the yardwork yesterday. Ended up staying out there almost 3 hours! Had to take half an Oxy, Advil and a sleeping pill.

Up early and even though I didn't feel like it did my ab and inner leg DVDs, 30 minutes on the treadmill and 6 minutes on the rower.

Oh, also started doing a few strengthening exercises for my SI that I found on line at Precision Movement. It's been killing me so am hoping this will help. They say it's a hypermobility issue. Sound familiar TuTu?

Waiting for friend to see if I have to help her get a few things from her ex's. If not might do some laundry.

Tonight I'm going out for St. Paddy's hopefully with my friend and maybe her daughter. We'll hit the tavern for awhile and if they have green beer I might drink one.

Hiker-Thanks for the encouragement to exercise. Also I'll look into doing my own will. Last time I had a will, health and regular power of attorney drawn up and it cost me $300 in 2004. BTW, that meatloaf sounds delicious!

Kayak-Family can really be wonderful at times! I'm having issues with my brother and his family. They aren't coming around to visit or call my Mom. She hasn't heard a peep from DIL or grandkids. I don't know what the he** is going on. I've been really wanting to mention it but was hoping that things would change, but so far...nothing.

TuTu-Been wanting to talk with all of you here about my family situation but was giving it some time. My poor Mom! Not only does she have to deal with cancer but her own son and his family aren't supportive. I had to tell my brother AT CHURCH to call his mother!

My Mom doesn't want me to say anything to them but it sure does burn me up! I'm at a complete loss as to what to do, if anything.

Well, that's my venting for today. Thank you guys!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Sorry to hear your brother and his family aren't there for your mom. Sadly, people cope with someone's illness in different ways.

Perhaps if you ask him why is not coming over to see your mom or calling her you can get at the root of the issue. It may be that he doesn't know what to say or do.

Took the car in to be serviced this morning and that blew a hole in the ol' wallet.

Then took a nap.

Raining and in the 30's, so not walking or doing yardwork. Went to coffee shop and read.

Just popped some gluten free blueberry muffins in the oven. When they come out, I will put in the chicken breast.

[ 03-17-2018, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I've been out all day with a friend (my masto friend).. she had a day off and wanted to come down here.

I'm TIRED! [Big Grin]

AK .. men are like that. One of my friends and I were discussing this the other day. Men don't call their own mothers when they are well .. it doesn't change because their mother is ill.

I had to call my brothers from my mom's assisted living back in the day .. They were happy to talk to her but unlikely to pick up the phone and call. It's just a fact. It's not really acceptable, but it's a fact.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement