LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What can you do today? March 18-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What can you do today? March 18-
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another week of moving and grooving!

Cooked dinner? Did laundry? Walked, cleaned, yard work, swam, resistance training? Any movement counts as exercise on this thread!

Come join us this week!

[woohoo]

*edited the date*

[ 03-18-2018, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful weather here. I just got home from church and lunch. A friend ate with us and they got my husband's order wrong, so it took longer than usual. ... oh .. and I stopped to buy something for Easter.

They had a sale and I decided to get something now. Easter is almost here!

AK ... I saw your comment about the joints being too flexible. Not a good thing, for sure. That is probably why you are in pain all the time.

My masto friend also has EDS and was discharged from the Army because her shoulder kept getting dislocated.

Getting ready to head into a busy week.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--Thanks for starting this week's thread.

I am the opposite of flexible. I have always had to stretch and loosen up and it never has seemed to help.

Did yard work for about 50 minutes--raking, picking up pine cones and cutting back dead vines on clematis.

Walked 18 minutes--very slow plodding type of walk with poles.

Feel very toxic today. My knee has not hurt since I saw energy healer in February and cut out the nanozeolite. It hurts again today, but not as bad.

I wonder if I am still moving aluminum out and I do think that metal toxicity can cause joint pain.

One more load of laundry.

Off to relax a bit.

Have a great week.!!

[ 03-18-2018, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow on the knee, hiker!! [Eek!]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So hiker...some days you walk better than others? It doesn't keep getting better or easier as you do it?

That's how it is with me and it confuses me. I understand muscles and they should get stronger each time they get exercise and rest. But I never know when I will have a good day or a bad day

It was another beautiful sunny day. By late afternoon the sun coming thru the windows made it 86 degrees inside. This morning it was 7 and tonight it will be 1! But snow is melting.

It was 25 below up north!

I didn't do much today. Some laundry. Some cleaning. Neighbor brought me milk and eggs.

Mostly cuddled in bed where sun came thru the window and read

Yesterday I made a soda bread and it will take a few more days to eat it

A k is the best party-er I guess.

I need to do more tomorrow.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Slow start again. I slept half night in warm living room.but kept. Waking up til I moved to my bed. I was more congested when I woke up so I'm pretty sure the test is correct and their is something in there

Very cold windy and sunny today. The construction guy is supposed to stop by to measure windows again and call in order

Oops...he's calling.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well that's done. Stressful for me because I changed guys in the middle of the job and it was hard to get him to understand exactly what I want

During that time I got nudged into knowing what I need to do today. I got a notice they are turning the water off! I never saw bill...must have blown away in a storm

So I'm gonna file all that stuff that's been piling up. I got the credit card company to cut my rate by 4%...so I'm happy about that and motivated to get it paid for quick

I asked accountant where my inc tax refund was and she hasn't gotten Back to me. Dies anyone know how backed up they are? I remember it being really quick if you get it in before 4/15. I hope there won't be a big delay

Ok. Still beautiful out but so cold and windy can't hardly breathe so I 'll be filing for awhile. I'm glad I set up the new filing system. It shouldn't hurt my hands as much

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Long day at work even though I had no papers to grade.

Kids crazy. They know spring break is near. This makes teacher crazy. [dizzy] This teacher is taking Friday off and starting spring break a day early to preserve her sanity! I am sure I will be grading papers on my day off, though.

Too tired to do anything else today but pull the garbage can down to the road.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak .. So you have a new guy coming to do the windows?

hiker .. Sounds awful. I can only imagine.

I spent too much time on the phone with health insurance. I think it's all straightened out. Whew.
Then ran errands and got my haircut... then grocery shopping.

May go to another show with a friend tomorrow night. (the masto friend .. she's off school and work and her daughter is off too)

Hubby is busy getting his music ready for the show.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Thanks TuTu for correcting my date! That was embarrassingly funny! Reminds me of the days I'd go to my Dr appt on the wrong day. LOL!

Well, just my ab and lower leg DVDs today. Didn't make it to the gym because of the new stove delivery. I sauteed leftover steak and fried a couple of eggs for me and Mom for dinner. We ate ours with rice, brown for me, white for her.

I just used the small back burner and will have to get used to controlling the temperature. So did you guys have to buy new flat bottomed pots and pans for your glass cook top stoves? Did you all buy the special cleaner or do you use just a rag with warm soapy water?

I love it and hope to keep it in great shape!

Paying for the partying and also need a haircut. Hope I can get one before Easter.

Hang in there everyone!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

The date was March 8, so I thought it would be good to fix it. No worries! [Big Grin]

Are there pots with something other than a flat bottom?? [lol] I haven't bought any cleaners since I react to everything.

You can put a wet soapy paper towel on anything bad. I have used baking soda .. I hope that's OK!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Just found out we have 4th nor easter coming wed noon to thurs noon. I'm getting worst of it...except the ocean won't come this far(10 miles]

But wind and 8 to 12 inches

After this one I have decided no more. I have things to do outside

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Praying for your safety, Kayak!! And glad to hear that AK made it through last night's storms.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Didn't feel well today.

No exercise. [Frown]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hiker...I hope you feel better soon

I just found out my Florida brother...the one with the recent surgeries is very sick with vomiting

My little sister visited him for a few days and after he dropped her at airport to come home...and he got real sick on the drive back home. Hiscwife said maybe flu but they didn't know

I'm having other family troubles with Alaska brother and the brother that is here too but I won't go into it now

Tonight they are saying now storm is one inch....but it may change. Seems like they are nuts but I have water and food and filled car with gas. I'm all set

Today I went out to try to walk Etta and the young woman from down the street was going by with her 2 little boys and young dog. We had a good visit. I walked with them a ways but had to push wc. I have the pain in shins even tho I have been resting alot

But that was exercise and helped get ettas energy out...then after getting gas I went to beach and walked heragain...short one. Good air. Roads are a total mess. Many places there are still so many rocks in parking lots and roads they need to plow them like snow

Almost spring. It was really nice to not have sun set until 7

A k I'm glad you are safe. It sounded pretty bad down your way

I fit in a detox bath today too...and some laundry. The shower I take after bath is exercise for me...so I did more today than I have in awhile

Hang in. Feel better.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I sure hope you start feeling better soon. If you don't make to work tomorrow, you will get to begin your vacation early.

NOW .. Get WELL so you can enjoy it!

Kayak .. Let's hope winter's last hurrah is "nothing."

It was cool today .. 50's and windy. Tomorrow will be warmer, then 70's by the weekend.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Ab and bun DVDs then 30 minutes on the treadmill and 6 minutes of rowing. Errands with Mom then dropped her off and went back out and bought fire ant bait and stove top cleaner then went to another store and picked up a runner's magazine and a book of organic cocktail recipes. I haven't looked at the book yet but for only $2.99 I was really curious about it. Never heard of organic cocktails before. What's the world coming too?

TuTu-LOL! That's even worse than I thought! I thought I put the 17th not the 8th! Oh boy. Believe it or not some pots have a slight curve to them and the directions on the new stove said to run a ruler along the bottom of your pots and pans and you can tell. Sure enough, some of ours aren't flat. Something about improper heat conduction causing the burner to cycle off and on.

Kayak-Hope your FL brother will be OK. As to your other siblings.....tell me about it! My brother is 11 months younger than me and lately I just want to pound on him like I did when we were kids. We used to fight like cats and dogs! Glad you and Etta were able to get out and enjoy yourselves today. We're having crazy weather here. It was too warm yesterday and now it's windy and a whole lot cooler. I never know what to wear from day to day.

Hiker-Oh no! I hope you get better real soon so you can enjoy your spring break. Any big plans for your week off? We're doing the flea market thing and probably just hanging out together and maybe movies on cheapie movie night at the theater (Tuesdays). I hope there aren't any scary movies coming out. Josh loves them but I prefer dramas and foreign films. Get better!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

This was mostly to a k about Alaska. We talked on phone so I deleted

[ 03-21-2018, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

It's kinda Wierd waiting for this storm that may not come

My brother in Fla is in 2nd day of being very sick. Can't eat. His wife and daughter are ok but staying away from him so they won't get it. I'm not sure if sister who visited him last week is sick.

I hope hiker feels better soon and it isn't the same illness

I managed to file some of those papers today. They are not old or moldy but I'm reacting. I wonder if I am now allergic to ink

I will go bring in trash can later. But I csnnbarely walk so I won't walk Etta. I might sit in wc and let her chase leaves...its warm...32...no wind yet. Storm won't come til night so I might end up going to ocean to breathe awhile

I'm not sick but just sooo tired all the time and just want to lie down. I am on doxy for the eye infection. I wonder if that has anything to do with it

It's been a few weeks off gassing the new hepa filters about 2 hrs a day and I think I finally am almost done with it

I'm gonna try to work on filing a little more before I get the trash can

Take care. Hope no one else gets sick!

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Ab and inner leg DVDs, 30 minutes on the treadmill and 6 minutes of rowing.

Had a wonderful time talking with Kayak this afternoon!

Ran just a couple of errands with Mom and now we're back home vegging.

Oh, just wanted to let you all know that the Oxycontin and the Triazolam was working great but after a few days I've broken out in a rash all over my face again. So it's another no go for finding safe pain and sleep medications.

Have a great evening everyone!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--bummer about sleep meds.

lp--Probably not the ink. Maybe something else.

Still don't feel great, but went into work early and stayed late to grade essays.

No exercise to report.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope everyone starts feeling better soon. I am OK, but my stomach hurts .. the usual MCAS thing, but I haven't had this for awhile, thank goodness.

I took my masto friend to a show last night and we ended up seeing a show with pyrotechnics and stage fog to the MAX .. We just prayed and laughed nervously about having to call 9-1-1 .. or leave early. We did leave about 5 minutes early because we were afraid of what they would fire off at the end!!

Then this morning was the opening day for a show we've all been waiting for. It was great .. but more stage fog and more asthma. Then this afternoon, we went to another show that had even worse hazards than the first two.

I am surviving, but my friend is NOT feeling well tonight. I was so afraid she was going down this afternoon. She had spent the morning at a theme park with her daughter, so she was exhausted on top of everything else.

I have plans to go for acupuncture tomorrow, but my stomach will need to shape up.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu....I can't understand outings like you and a k have...they are so much in my past

I do remember being superwoman and and living on 4-6 hrs of sleep. No more. Not possible

Its often impossible for me to even get outside

So weak. So afraid of smells. Feel like I am being poisoned everywhere I go

I tried to fix the thing where Amazon sent me something I didn't order. It took 6 weeks for it to get here....so I was charged and I had so many problems trying to sort it out. 3 hrs on phone. Crying. Then thinking I would have a heart attack

Finally...the 3rd or 4th person I talked to just fixed it. But I still have to be sure mailman picks up package and they refund me so it isn't over yet

That pretty muchbruined the day. I took Etta for short walk...maybe 10 min. Its warm and now when the moldy cars stinknthere is something else...worse than mold in the air. It burns my skin and throat and lungs. Scares me

I heard from Florida brother and it does seem he has the flu. Bad. But better than some things

Had a good talk with sister too...she agrees with Alaska brother that it doesn't sound good that brother here weighs 125 and is happy about it and wants to lose more

It takes some worry off me that some of the others are concerned too

I know I need to get some structure in my life...but I get so tired planning it...I just fall asleep again

Hope hiker feels better soon

And tutu...hope to are better when you get to healthier place...no fog!!!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

School went well today. Got most of the papers graded.

Walked 27 minutes after work. In the 50's here, but chance of sleet/snow tomorrow night and Saturday.

I am taking tomorrow off work. Found a good sub and have easy lessons. No homework for the kids over spring break.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. I'm sorry you are struggling so. Try not to think of the smells as poisoning. I know I say it too... but just to emphasize to others that it's dangerous for everyone. They don't understand anything else about it.

I try to go with the denial aspect so I don't freak out and I can continue to go out. Today I had to walk by my stinky neighbor's dryer sheet smell. Yuck. One day I will get brave and give her some printed info on it. She's a neurology nurse practitioner!! (sheesh!)

Hiker .. YAY!! a Week off of school!! Hope you can find fun things to do!

I slept until 10:30 this morning. Went to bed at midnight. I finally got out of the house around 4 pm. A trip to the store and then back home, then a meeting for OCC. It was good. Love this ministry!

Hubby is discouraged by several things lately .. I would say he is grieving the loss of his dad .. as the main factor. Poor guy.

Nite nite, everyone! I hope AK is doing OK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Great! I thought I posted yesterday and see that I didn't. I went and visited my friend's Mom in the hospital who has double pneumonia for a couple of hours then went to my friend's to pick up her car.

We switched vehicles so I could put her's in the shop. It has an intermittent failure to start issue. Hope and pray it's not to expensive.

So no exercise at all yesterday but got up at 6:30 today to get in my ab and lower leg DVDs and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill and rowers were occupied so worked on triceps and upper back on some weight machines.

Hiker-Yay! Spring Break 2018! Hope you have a wonderful week!

TuTu-I bet those shows are so much fun! Hoping to go to the movies with Josh on Tuesday. And your poor hubs! Grief comes out in different ways that's for sure. My first divorce devastated me and I developed severe anxiety that worsened into agoraphobia. Only by the grace of God was I able to overcome it.

Kayak-Hope your brother doesn't have pneumonia! As to being superwomen this ought to even things out some.....a few weeks ago I believe my bladder has dropped a bit. Doc examined me and told me to do Kegels so guess I have to google that and add that to my exercise routine. My ab and slow jogging routines might be exacerbating it. If it's not one thing, it's another!

Hang in there friends!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ran errands today to get supplements, recycle, to the library and grocery shopping.

Walked 26 minutes. Nice enough outside today, but winter weather is coming back tonight and tomorrow.

Rain, sleet, snow. Will be shoveling this weekend.

Ak--Hope you find a movie you like. I do want to see A Wrinkle in Time since I read that book as a child.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

We are back in action here!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I want to see "I Can Only Imagine" .. soon!! I heard the Christian community was not happy about the movie producers removing any and all references to Jesus or God in a Wrinkle in Time.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Saturday morning--got up at 4:30 to do the first round of shoveling. Snow so heavy I could only push it to the side and could not do the whole width of the double driveway.

Almost broke the shovel due to weight of snow.

Expecting up to 8 more inches of sleet and snow today and tonight, so I will have to go out and move it in stages.

I know when the snowplow comes by I will need some help. This a definitely a widow maker snow.

My very helpful neighbors have their son's wedding today. Bummer of a day for that. Also means Howard is not around with his big snow blower to help me.

Back later.

[ 03-24-2018, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yuck, hiker!! How awful! Let's get the SPRING back in spring break!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Have been out 3 times to shovel. Snow to heavy to lift over the piles I have.

Probably will need to go out again later. Lots of blowing.

Going to be really sore.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[Frown] [Frown]

LP .. Have you been able to come up for air??

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Miss you!

Went out and did round #4 of shoveling. Still waiting on snow plow as I will have to shovel out from their heap that gets dumped in front of drive.

Winter Storm Warning extended until 3 A.M.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise today. Feeling a bit off, some swelling and a bit of pain mainly in my extremities.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Took awhile to read all that...seems like I was gone forever but I think it was 2 days

Tutu...I understand the idea of ignoring smells ...but I am torn. I think I am alive today because I pay attention to my body. I really do believe it is messages from God or special angels to keep me on the best path for me. I've learned over the years if I don't pay attention bad things happen. If I do pay attention it often gets better.

I have dreams and still hear my mom whisper in my ear at times too. I don't see myself changing that part of me...I do actively do things to calm down and relax and keep it all in perspective...but I front pretend it isn't there

In talking with another fb friend who thinks parasites make it all worse I remembered I started doxy a month or so ago.

Reading on the parasite site there was a list of symptoms of her from parasite protocol...the protocol had doxy in it and a few other meds for parasites

But many of my new symptoms that are upsetting me were on the list

So what is wrong with me might be a herx. Its different sx for herx than I experienced with Lyme treatment. And some are scary. Way more muscle spasms even tho I am on magnesium and usually have half a banana a day. That has handled spasms for me for years

Then last night I woke up covered insweat...dripping...the room was 66 but I had quilt on....that is normally comfortable for me. Etaa was under quilt and not hot AND due for haircut! She often gets too hot faster than me

And my temp was 96. I'm still taking thyroid supp that got it to96 from 93 ..94 ..and 95.

Its time to go to full dose of that and see if it gets me up to 97

But....yesterday was nice and sunny and a positive thing for me seemed to slowly move snow off patios and away from foundation. Its very heavy...compact...but sun un froze it so it was movable

I did that a lot all day with rests in between. Etta had good time outside. Heart rate scared me...but it was never above130 and went back to 80-90 when I rested. I remember when normal for me was 72...but its been awhile

The good thing is the patios look great...I need space cuz soon have to move stuff out for guys to finish back of house

But I lost 7.2 lbs over night! Yay for me. I had gained 5 in the last few weeks and haven't been able to get them off. So I'm happy

[ 03-26-2018, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement