LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE: What Can You Do Today? April 8-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE: What Can You Do Today? April 8-
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go with another week of fighting the couch potato blues!

Ready...set...go!!!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--Thanks for starting us off this week!

I did walk 27 minutes today. Cool and crisp outside and snow expected tonight.

Ironically, I was in my winter jacket, cap, and gloves and walked past someone mowing their lawn.

Went to the library and will now become a couch potato.

Still have one load of laundry to do.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I trimmed baby trees on the property line. The guy that owns the smelly cars gave me permission. I am not having luck getting the big dead tree that can fall on my bath and bedroom removed. Its on the opposite side. So I thought if I keep the trees here low it will save me stress in the future. These would hit the carport and kitchen. I will post a pic on fb

I did more than half but still need to get rid of brush

It took 3 hrs...many wc rests in between sawing. It was good for my mental health

Good job with the walk hiker. I'm sure that is more beneficial than what I did.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to church, lunch, then to a new show in town. I got free tickets. It was awesome!

The same guy who has this new show is also in another one I went to this evening. I love getting great shows free.

They were really good. The downside was my friend couldn't go and hubby was busy .. so it wasn't as much fun as it could have been.

Hubs isn't feeling well and got a nap this afternoon after church. He's getting a chest cold. Hope I'm not next. Update... He just came home complaining of full body pain and aches. Here we go again.

[Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ttu--They say the second round of flu--different strain is going around. Praying for you both.

Walked 27 minutes after school.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No exercise today but me and Mom did go and schedule an estimate for a security door this Thursday. $625 but it's awesome with security glass and a window and screen that you can open. We need one on our side door so we can get some air flow in the house without being worried someone will come in.

We live in the ghetto and wish I'm trying to beef up our security.

Oh, my Mom gave me the green light for calling a lawn treatment company so no more weed and feed applications for awhile. Yay! Just the fire ant bait which is super easy, hot water for the ant mounds and maybe some phosphorus and lime.

Hiker-Way to go on the walking! I'm trying to get to the library myself. Looking for some Kahlil Gibran and maybe Rabindranath Tagore books.

TuTu-Oh no! I hope your hubby will be OK. My friend's Mom is still battling pneumonia but at least she's at home.

Kayak-Be careful with all that sawing! I blew out my elbow cutting tree limbs because I used the arm that has the bad shoulder. I'm predominately right handed but do a lot of things left handed. Ended up getting surgery on the elbow.

Well, gang, I'm super tired and am going to veg out for now. See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hubby has been sleeping or vegging all day. Feeling better.. still sneezing. No fever!! Woot!!

I went out to find organizers for my papers and magazines. I'm tired of my messy bar (which is huge.) I knew the day we moved in that it would be the bane of my existence! HA!! [Big Grin]

I'm putting a bunch of it under my cabinets since I don't use many of the items in my kitchen cabinets! LOL

Finding a place for my cromolyn sodium is an issue, but I think I have that figured out. It comes in 3 very large boxes. I need two bags to carry it out of the pharmacy each month!

Hoping to get things squared away tonight or by tomorrow.

AK .. I need a storm door too. Now that we own this place, we can make improvements! Our front door faces south, so I'd love to have more airflow. We don't open windows very often, but if we need to air out cooking odors it will come in handy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not happy to hear the flu is still around

Good you got another walk in hiker. You are on a roll

Sounds very positive for both a k and tutu. Good news all around

I couldn't saw with my hurt shoulder. No way. I can't even use it to hold onto step stool. I can use it to steady something as long as hand is below my waist.

And I took an hour detox bath after the outside work watched tv and when i brushed my teeth before bed I had an attached nymph on my hand. Never had one on my hand before. It was between 2 fingers

I have doxy from eye doc but its not enough to treat. In also have bug her herbs I never finished and tincureds for Bart and bans. I 'll be ok...but may end up herding

I was sore today and did inside stuff. Bills and housework. Seems like its never done. At 3 Etta and I went to beach. Same quiet place as before. There were 3 other little dogs. I couldn't walk on sand. Today. Too sore. But Etta explored an hour and i walked her in 2 different parking lots 20 min each time...so pretty good exercise for me

Resting tonight. Its supposed to be warm tomorrow.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--we need to get you a tick hazmat suit!

Went to chiropractor after work.

Walked 22 minutes. Warming up but wind speeds ramping up as well.

I don't think there is going to be a memorial service for Gretchen, my energy healer. Sad about that. I and others need some closure.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's so sad about no memorial service. It's so hard on everyone who is left behind.

One of my friends who passed away a few years ago at least had a gathering of friends at his brother's studio. That was better than nothing.

My housekeeper came today .. she tries to get out of here in an hour. I'm not that happy about it, but she does a "OK" job, I guess. It's better than not having her here.

I went to exercise, but only did 25 min on the machine and two or three laps. My knees hurt. I got my test results back from last week, but the doctor has not called me. He gave them a note for me to pick up the copies.

So .. I may call tomorrow. My RA factor is higher than I would like .. that's for sure. But it's not a clear positive.

My SSA is high .. It can indicate Sjogren's, Lupus or RA .. We already know about the SJS.

Fun.

I managed to get my bar cleaned off about 70% .. working on it again tonight.

Hubby is still not feeling well.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-30 minutes on the treadmill, a quick sauna and pelvic floor exercises. No slow jogging and still had an issue with prolapse after getting better.

So am going to try swimming tomorrow.

Hiker-Hard to get closure with no memorial or anything. One thing my family did for my sister was get purple balloons (her fav color)and we all walked up the street from my Mom's house. On the count of three we released them while shouting 'hi Carol, or we love you, etc. so she could see them from heaven.

Kayak-How are you feeling? Hope you can get some more Doxy. I keep some on hand for the same reason.

TuTu-Hope you find out what's causing the high SSA. My knees were hurting from slow jogging on the treadmill and they're much better since I stopped that routine. Sure hope you and your hubby are going to be OK.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh should mention we had a memorial service for my sister. The balloon thing was family only. I've heard some people release flowers into a lake or river.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I can't remember yesterday right now. Today I did some errands with walking...returned one pair of shoes but I have stretched one out and its pretty comfortable

Got home before ice storm that never happened...

I sprayed myself and had white gloves and sox on and raked the corner of yard that plow dug up.

It has phlox asters and day lilies. That is where I got the tick I'm pretty sure I was really careful. I wanted to get it done so I don't have to deal with it...it's on the edge of property that borders on open space so probably more ticks. Also a yellow jacket nest in ground. Another reason I dont want to do anything with that bed. I'm hoping the flowers will take care of themselves

I raked it pretty flat and collected baby plants that were still alive. I put them in a pot and when the ones that survived in the bed come up I will know where to put the ones from the pot

Then i fell asleep for an hour

Woke up and we ate and did a little computer stuff trying to figure out mthfr stuff

And some tv and throwing Etta her snake....good day. A little sore but that's ok

I'm sorry there isn't a service for you to go to hiker. Are you friends with others who knew her? It sounds like you were more than a client. I wonder if you could have some sort of informal get together.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Taking it easy today. Just doing laundry and making giant salads for dinner for me and Josh. My Mom is passing on salads so I'll have to make her something different.

Glad you're enjoying your day Kayak!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Met the teacher who is to replace me next year. She seems very nice. So young!

Went to grocery store to get organic meat on sale.

Not walking today. Knee and foot hurting. Gretchen worked on them at end of February and the pain stayed away until last week.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. That's amazing that they already hired someone. I still think you are irreplaceable. [Smile]

I hope your body cooperates soon. Mine is not any happier today than yesterday. I made an appointment for next week.

AK .. I had a salad tonight .. oh wait.. that's nothing new!! LOL

Kayak .. You sprayed yourself? How do you survive that? The flowers sound pretty. I hope they bloom lots.

Went to return some things I bought yesterday and then on to Bible study. I may make a quick trip to WM in just a few minutes. I keep putting it off.

Oh .. and I picked up my new lenses for my glasses and bought some sunglasses that fit over my glasses.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I meant I sprayed my boots and pant and gloves

Well today I woke up like I had been hit by a truck...but it makes sense...when I taught riding all the new ppl were fine the next-generation
day but awful the 2nd day...so I'm sure this is from the 1/2 day of raking

Also this is second full day of both doxy and Buhner herbs. I expected to herx much worse...but I am taking a very low dose. After a few days on 400 doxy I had to cut back to 200 cuz my belly burned

Hopefully slow and steady will take care of eyes and lyme

So I did what i could from wc. A little cleaning and bills and reading about mthfr. I don't understand the basics and I dont know if I have it but many of the symptoms are things I have trouble with

Then we went for a ride to pick up probiotics and a paint brush to do that chair...I hope so much it works. I still dont have a comfy chair or couch. The bed is ok now.

My brother had blood taken to see if abx are working. Results tomorrow

Hiker 6 weeks pain free is huge. What a gift Gretchen was. I never got that much relief from any hands on person...except the one who put my SI joint back in place. That was 1 time.

Tutu...hope your hubs is feeling better

A K...yesterday I bought salad stuff. Today I ate romaine leaf lettuce and arugala and cukes and one tiny tomato.

It was good but I get scared about salad. I hope I'm ok. I really would like to be able to eat it daily

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Marks white cell count going down 1 week after discharge on iv abx! I know he needed to hear some good news.

Back later when I have exercise to report

1pm
I'm in old shoes and much easier to walk

I've done some laundry and dishes that required standing and walking and I hooked up hose and hosed off chair footrest. Today it is supposed to get close to 60 so I can paint it. It will have to dry in backroom cuz it gets cold and rainy for 5 days...but I need to find out if I will react to the poly before doing whole chair. So this is a test

I'm reading a book about Lakota native Americans when I rest...I really like it

[ 04-12-2018, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I can't imagine your being able to tolerate paint. [Eek!]

Best of luck with it!

I went to exercise today but couldn't do very much. 12 minutes on the machine and 5 laps.

Stopped by the grocery store to get my water refills.

Hubby is still not feeling well. He started on some zith this morning.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--You are getting a lot done! I think I need new windows for my house--argh.

Beautiful here today, but am giving my knee and foot at least another day before I set out walking.

Had a lot of school work to catch up on and also worked on filling out paper work for my retirement. The insurance cost is out of sight. [cussing]

Off to make a salad and eat leftover meatloaf.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

hiker .. Do you mean health insurance?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Yep. If I go with the state health insurance I can't see all the doctors I currently see and like. If I stay on the district's health insurance I get more choices, but it is a lot more expensive.

If I leave the school district's insurance plan I can never get back on it. Who knows what will happen with the state plan, so I think I should stay on the school plan--at least for now.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Its not paint. Its very low voc water based poly acrylic. But I can't do it cuz I got really sick prepping the chair. I think the chair has a very toxic mold. I'm going to try to find a carpenters to build the exact same chair for me. In new wood.

I'm recovering now I little room with big air cleaned

Sorry hubs is sick. Hope with works

Hiker I was able to get money back on income tax cuz windows are energy efficient...but do you plan to stay in big house after you retire? I can tell you love it like I love mine...but the bigger they are the more can go wrong.

I was lucky when it was retirement decision time. No real decisions

So I did more dishes and laundry and prepped the chair to paint...and then decided I couldn't and wrapped it up

Talked to gyn nurse and gi doc nurse...love the gyn. Disgusted with gi...but I think he's the best there is here so I have to get along with him.

I'm pretty sure I herded from babs for about 6 hrs. I had stabbing pain behind my eye like I used to have. Then it went away. I 'll see if it comes back nest time I take the combo

I sat outside...with a big hat on and my back to the sun cuz of doxy and read while Etta chased leaves

And then I went online and printed some stuff off for the brother I don't get along with. I'm trying.

Hope everyone sleeps well and your husband feels better tutu

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. Same with our state plan. They say if you leave you can't come back. Then THOUSANDS left this year when they raised the premiums so much and I hear they are begging people to come back.

kayak .. Well, it's chemicals. So is this an upholstered chair, or just wood?

I pray you will be able to find SOMETHING to rest your weary bones in one day SOON!!! I sit in a leather office chair most of the time .. in front of my computer. I watch TV at the same time.

I hope AK is doing OK today!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-No exercise just errands with Mom. I've had a set back from going to the gym earlier this week. Darn prolapse issues. Also my half pain pill and sleeping pill are making my MCAD flare up. So might be a sleepless and painful night tonight.

Hiker-Health insurance premiums are a killer! I can't afford mine so am sans healthcare at the moment. Kinda scary but am still glad I made the choice to divorce and lose coverage.

Kayak-I'm super mad at my brother. Last Sunday we received an unpleasant visit from all but 1 of his family. They didn't ask how my Mom was at all and basically stayed for 30 minutes trying to get money from her. It was appalling!

I haven't been able to even tell you guys because it makes me so ill. I can't imagine what it's doing to my Mom.

TuTu-Ugh! I'm in between a rock and a hard place right now spiritually. My brother and his family's actions these past couple months have been a horrible witness to my Mom, Josh and many others. I don't understand what in the world is going on.

So this week has been a toughie gang.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Sorry about your sibling. Family dynamics can sometimes be maddening.

Went to the grocery store after walk and then walked almost 20 minutes in the wind.

Knee and foot really bothering me. Don't know if they are connected or separate issues. Figured I'd better walk today because

rain tonight and all weekend with chance of snow Sunday evening.

My daffodils are in bloom, though. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

ok. i did some exercise today on 3 hrs sleep. ha! my shower was exercise. then drove to my brothers and gave him the papers he wanted me to copy off of internet.

we talked in car...it was good cuz we have not been getting along. he put my ez pass thing on for me i dont think im reacting to it now. it was the silver bag i was reacting to and i tossed that

and he is doing some carpenter work ... small jobs...and he said he could build me a chair exactly like the one i am reacting to with new wood...so we will plan that when my medical stuff is taken care of.

he said he was happy we had time to chit-chat. and i am too. he looks wierd tho he was 210 and now hes 125 and very happy about it. but its really good we had a 2 way conversation for an hour and we were both comfortable

on the way home(he lives in a beach town so down and back were with windows open breathing good air) ...we stopped and i walked etta for 20 minutes. really slow but she was happy to get some sniff time

then i only had time to make a piece of sunbutter toast and had to go to doc appt its in hospital so i have to walk aways with cane to elec cart drive to cancer center and back. and then walk back to car so that was also exercise.

im tired. i think im gonna be asleep in a few minutes

have a good night

ps...hiker...show off! my green things are less than 3 inches. no blooms.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Like you Kayak I got little sleep. Still managed to run errands, go to the flea market with Mom, water grass and get my pots and pans out of the shed.

Hiker I think it's supposed to rain here too. At least I don't have to water the grass.

I'm beat guys! Good nignt!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked 25 minutes this morning before the rain arrived.

Did some laundry and some cooking.

Also went through the shoes in my closet and gave 7 pairs to charity. If they had heels on them, they went. I should probably get rid of more pairs as I really don't wear very many different pairs.

Keep thinking I may need flats of various colors for a wedding or funeral, but honestly I prefer my Merrells or New Balance walking shoes.

Off to read and maybe watch a recorded show.

Hope your day has been grand.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Had a great night's sleep and went to the Chinese buffet with Mom for her once a month local Okinawan club get together.

Washed bedding this morning and went to Walmart. It was a zoo in there and glad we made it out alive. At the location we went to they checked your bags before you could exit the store.

Might do something with Josh tonight and also we have company coming to visit Mom. That will cheer her up.

Anyways, off to pick up a bit!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

one of my new pairs was merrelles. To replace the ones I stretched out too much. This time I got ones wider and shorter and the lady said they would stay more supportive longer. For years all oh could wear were new balance. I think I sold 10 pair of very lightly used ones this last yr. I kept one pair and put elastic laces in .... I do better with step ins....but these are ok. I also found a pair of easy spirit travel time step ins that were very comfy...but wore out soon

That's good you slept well a k.

And you and mom both had some fun

Today was overcast but 60 in the morning and cooling all day til snow...ice...rain me as for about 36 hrs

So as soon as I got moving we went to beach. I took Etta for a very long walk around a bigvparking lot where it was flat an easier on my feet and legs. I did sit and rest on the telephone pole fence a bunch of times.

Then I walked on a deserted board walk that i
dont usually go on. She wanted to get on sand but all the beach access spots were still torn up from storms. They are making progress down there tho

When we came home I spread 3 bags of mulch and moved a load of old mulch to pile

So...my mind was on good things todsy. Doc office will call to schedule ultrasound and then more decisions will be made

I bought 3 mthfr books and so far only understand bits and pieces. Each time I read I kind of fill in a puzzle piece of understanding but it is all scattered info and hard to understand

I wouldn't care except I have so many of the sx and if you can figure out what treatment will help it could make a big difference

My life now is almost all just trying to take care of me and Etta...getting basic needs met. Not much fun. It would be nice to have more fun and do less work

I ate chic soup and watched some tv and now I'm in bed with heating pad cuz I'm so sore. My back and shoulder. If it improves I 'll try to fit in detox bath

Have a good night!

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hmmmmm. I'm trying to start thread but it won't let me...

Idk what to do...I can't copy and paste either....I'm in bed for awhile. When I get up I 'll try to fix it on computer unless someone else gets here first. Sad about silvers news.

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement