LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you CAN do today: April 29

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you CAN do today: April 29
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spring has finally sprung here. Are you getting outside and enjoying the weather?

Laundry inside today.

Spray painted a couple of small patio tables that were beginning to rust. Need to do the chairs at some point.

Bonded with my back door neighbor. Always feel bad, because her yard is immaculate due to her hard work and mine is full of dandelions.

Hoed up an area where I will plant snap dragons at a later date.

Walked 24 minutes.

Time for a cup of decaf and a book. May sit out back and watch the birds--hawks in the area.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for getting us going this week! Congrats on the exercise too. Envious of the hawk spotting.

Hired my brother to replace rotted fascia board on two sides of house. After we picked up lumber I did most of the painting and he left right after. So after the paint dried I was stuck having to move nine 12 foot 1x6's into the shed.

Paint didn't adhere to wood because he picked out pressure treated lumber. So I'm ticked off at my Mom for wanting me to pay him instead of the guy I got the quote from. My brother also asked me to help him with the job.

Needless to say I'm firing him tomorrow!

I'm so mad!

[cussing]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had 2 exceptionally good days.

This morning...well it was afternoon by the time I got moving...I took Etta to Lowe's for an outing to buy a brush to paint my new chairs. I hope I told you I ordered them and the guy built them in a week and I picked them up yesterday

I knew once I started painting ibwouldnt be able to spend time with Etta so I walked around the plants to give her more time out. We saw 2 Pomeranian s...one looked like a skunk

I shouldn't have gone near the plants. I bought 2 hanging baskets. Blue lobelia and red petunias. But then I found clearance perennials. In mad at myself for buying so much. They were 5 or 3 or 1 dollar for a pot

I bought anything I could find that was white or red...and then 2 pots of ornamental grass

When we got home I unloaded and fiddled around some. Then ate. Painted one chair in the house. The fumes didn't bother me at all. Its the same Ben Moore paint I use on the house that doesn't bother me

I rested an hour and turned chair over and paint that side

Went to get take out burger for supper cuz I ran out of food

Then tv and now bed. The best part was when I got to the store. It seemed silly to use the elec cart because I felt so good...so I got the paint brush with a polish cart and then walked around the flowers for an hour! Its been years since in Went in Lowe's without elec cart

So I'm happy about how I am. I'm switching some supps around. And have the miralax down to 1/4 tsp and I will stop it soon

I'm taking 2 oz aloe. A new mag. And need to start the new fiber and multi.

I'm not sure why I feel so good but I am so greatful

There is a chance the itchies are from some kind of bug...but I really don't know. The flies got crazy so I moved the plant outside and then put it in trash. The last 2 days I have only seen 2 flies each day. I keep finding them in Etta water. The beer is gone

Some ppl online talked about getting mites from fungal flies. I hope that's not what's going on

The itchiness and stinging sensation is something I've had before and in thought it was periferal neuropathy from Lyme

But when others heard about the flies they talked about mites and some was horror stories.

I already do a lot of the treatment like wash with tea tree soap and keep the dust down. I've been finding the flies on air cleaner filters

I hope it sorts itself out. There's only one sort of bite near my eye

But right now I am very happy to be as good as I am cuz I feel like if i hadn't gotten off the miralax I would have ended up in a nursing home and I know I won't last long when that happens

In glad you guys are having some fun.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Didn't sleep enough so up at 5:30 and have plans to deal with my brother and ex. Ex is trying to do a loan modification on the house which I'm still listed on the mortgage. So have to meet with him today to and try and figure out what my requirements are.

My original plan was to do nothing, not even exercise and take a down day but looks like I've got things to handle and will try and do the best I can and have a good day.

Kayak, I was very happy to read your post on how well you're doing and getting so much done! What kind of ornamental grass did you buy? I haven't planted any perennials and am thinking about maybe putting some in large pots.

Hope everyone has a great day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--Get your name off that mortgage. If he can't afford the house, he should sell it and give you your part of the profits. OR he should be paying you rent for your part of the house.

Sorry about your brother. I'd fire him, too, after I made him, sand down the lumber that wouldn't hold the paint.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LP .. That's awesome about how much you can do now. You GO!! As for the stinging, that could be MCAS. Hope it's not from mites.

AK .. Definitely get that worked out about the house. He should have paid you for your share. What was your lawyer thinking?

hiker .. Hope your day goes well!!

I had an exhausting day yesterday. whew ... Church picnic day and we had to get up early and get all the catered food there, then off to the songwriters' show, then to the city for a birthday party, then back home to see hubby's show.

The guy from the awards show was there and they had a GREAT show last night. Also in attendance were a few other entertainers. Hubby did an awesome job too.

I slept 10 hours last night and needed every minute of it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walked 20 minutes after work. 80 degrees here. Too warm.

And earlier I was complaining it was too cold. LOL

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree .. It was 82 here. We lost spring!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

In the 80's and humid, so I am taking a pass at outside exercise.

School just wore me out today. I did clean out a few cabinets and toss out items that are no longer needed. Getting closer to the end of my career.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I went to Bible Study this morning and then to exercise. I did 40 minutes on the machine and 10 laps!! My joints were so much better today.

(now to figure out why)

Then I ran some errands and now I'm going to plant a few plants I bought this weekend. Then on to doing taxes and another Bible study reading.

Hiker .. it's the homestretch!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I read above this morning but couldn't reply then

I'm doing well except for itchies....and I'm out of benadryl. I was supposed to get it but I had a busy day and then collapsed

Yesterday I painted 1st chair and this morning I moved it to exercise room. It still needs to cure so I only put a towel on it when I sat on it it it was ok...but not comfy. I plan to use quilts or pillow s after it cures

Then I read to relax outside with Etta. Really beautiful day. I needed fan at one point. Heat is off.

And all day I replanted the flowers I bought. I put red and white dianthis and snowdrops in front of house. And made 3 boxes on patio in front of slider with red petunias white pansies and blue lobelia.

The leftovers went in boxes under kitchen window.

Tomorrow I need to put 2 pots of red tulips way out front near the road. And find a place for the grass

A k one is called oat grass...it says its variegated. The other says strawberry and cream. They both look the same and were cut back to 6 inches and cost $1. Each...so not sure what they will look like.

I worked 15-20 min and the read for half hour...then planted again. I was exhausted by end of day

I 'll probably do flowers and a little house work tomorrow...and then paint the 2nd chair thurs. Painting hurts my hands. But it looks good. And doesn't smell

May. Almost summer hiker. Do you have plans...or will it just be to do what ever you want?

Tutu...I'm surprised you could find the gym...I don't remember to going recently.

Ak. Sorry for the troubles. I guess I missed what's going on with the house. The only reason I don't have family issues is we mostly just don't see each other

Thsts sad in another way. I hope everyone can find some fun and joy in the craziness of our lives. Flowers make me happy

And so do my new chairs! They aren't perfect yet ... But its been 3 yrs of looking!

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Where are ya?

Looks like most of us hit mid to high 80's today. I am not used to that after the long winter, so I actually turned the AC on today.

Expecting very severe storms tonight and tomorrow.

Planted one round of green beans and some kale. Am going to let the rain that is coming water it naturally.

Still need to plant cukes, zuchinni, and tomatoes, but I usually buy starter plants for those.

Planting wore me out, so am chillin' the rest of the evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Haha, Kayak. I've been going most weeks, but last week was a bust. I forget to post my EXERCISE.

hiker .. It's warm here too. Running the AC for sure. It is currently 82 here.

Did some shopping this morning. I remembered at the last minute that we were skipping this week's Bible study upstairs.

Took time to buy a gift for the star's daughter's birthday party on Saturday. (the star of hubby's show)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well. 89 in my town. And no way to get a.c. s into windows till workers finish...and They havent given me a start date...so...

I have both shades and Windows closed when sun is on that side...and I have fans set up where I sleep and sit. It was ok

I was out for 10 min at 11 bringing trash cans in

And 20 min at 4 watering plants I put I yesterday...made some of them some shade too

Then at 630 I planted grass in back in shade. I'm waiting on tulips. Tag says they are red but they look like they might be yellow now...I hope I can take them back if they are yellow. They will open soon in this heat

I didn't do much...I read and tried to figure out how to handle all the appts coming up...and med changes...and itches.

I didn't sleep much last night. I hope I can sleep early tonight and get up early and do a few errands before bad storms tomorrow afternoon

Did anyone watch the Lyme summit last 2 days. I liked Dr watts(glutathione)...Dr rowan(ozone)...Dr h isn't my favorite...but he said a few new things. Klinghart person was overwhelming. Seems they can fix anything...but the time and the money!

Hope you are all safe tonight..

Hope a k is busy with good stuff not bad stuff.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Had a meltdown last time I posted. Too much physical work and stress with lack of sleep caused me to blow a gasket. Pain pills, sleeping pills and alcohol helped me a lot except for MCAS flare.

No exercise just pelvic floor weights.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[Frown] .. I hope you are feeling better, AK.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Sorry you are going through a rough patch. Praying for you.

Raining today, so stayed at work to edit persuasive essays that kids are writing.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Went to the city for my appointment .. Came home in time to exercise.

41 minutes on the machine and 5 laps

Came home and took a nap so I could make it to the show tonight hosting some friends.

Rain here all day too, hiker. Woke me last night with all the thunder and lightning.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thanks everyone for the support.

Pelvic floor exercises and did some grocery shopping and vacuuming.

Still having a flare up of MCAD.

Been reading interesting stuff on the internet about Alpha GPC, a precursor for Choline. TuTu have you heard anything about this in regards to mast cells?

Anyways the search for better health continues.....

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm really tired. I started day taking second chair back to guy who made it to see if he could make it recline more and he did. Spent most of day painting it in carport.

Also dishes laundryndetox bath and 3 meals. And long talk with daughter

They are buying a 3rd house....she's interviewing for new position...I guess They are pretty sure They are staying in DC

It was cloudy humid warm and even had some hail during tornado watch(I didn't know it was tornado watch til it was over)...I just kept painting in carport

I'm very tired. Less itchy. I'm using tea tree lotion and its helping. I washed Etta in tea tree soap last night and today she didn't fanatically clean her feet.

Oh...and my Alaska brother called and said yes...that was a big bear I posted on fb.

A k ... Did you see that bear?

I'm glad no big problems from storms.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. are you taking the alpha stuff? Remember to be careful what you take. I can't take anything like that.

Same for tea tree oil... arrrggghhh

I hope you and LP feel better soon!

Also hoping those chairs will be the best thing ever!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--What bear? Did you see one?

Tutu--I am impressed with your exercise.

I took the day off from school again. Probably should not have as my sub had some issues with kids. I will need to go into work tomorrow, anyway. Actually spent quite a bit of time on school work even though I wasn't there.

Bought some flowers and tomato plants. Now, need to get them in the ground this weekend.

Got my hair cut and went grocery shopping.

Am washing up winter coats and my comforter now.

Dragged out all my shorts and t-shirts! Put away those turtlenecks, heavy jeans, and flannel pj's!!

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Pelvic floor exercises today along with a couple loads of laundry, making an apple salad, prepping fruits and veggies for snacks.

Only slept a couple hours last night but still went to the library this afternoon for the first concert they have in May. They have a wonderful Tea and Music on Fridays all month.

Today was a young Russian violinist/pianist who is attending the local music school. She played Mozart, Chopin and Tchaikovsky on the piano. The last 2 pieces that she played moved me to tears.

Peppermint and green teas were great along with the scones.

I had a wonderful day!

Hiker-I don't have enough clothes to put any away. I lost some weight so donated a lot of things to Goodwill. I gained 4 pounds back but have noticed a decrease in my appetite lately. I don't know what's up with that because I love food!

TuTu-I've tried so many supplements over the years that I've lost track of them. Tea tree oil was the only thing that cleared up my nail infection a couple of years ago. I don't care for the smell though.

Kayak-I'm going straight to your FB page! I loved all the wild life while living in AK but I was terrified of them too! Had a black bear encounter while there and glad I survived.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hiker I posted a pic of a really big bear. It wasn't near me.

40,000 lost power. I'm supposed to go pick up baby trees tomorrow. I 'll call first. Its back roads where storms were so trees could be down. Hmmm. He just said 20-50mph winds tomorrow. I probably wont go. Too much chance of a tree coming down on me

Ok so....I got late start. Sore from yesterdays painting. I gassed up car first thing cuz I knew storms were coming

Then painted second coat....and let it dry. Rested and did some laundry. I was hoping to finish painting but a line of storms was forecast to come thru and it looked bad...60mph straight line winds...and I knew I wanted to put van in carport. Once something blown by wind broke tail light and it was $300.00! I had to pay...not covered!

So I had to clean up my mess. Some came in. Some moved. But got van in

The painting is like lifting weights for me...my legs burn in some of the positions I get in to paint

Then detox bath...washed hair andvdried it. Really hard for me now. I htodsppt for cut on the 10th

Now ready for bed. Longbtalk with Mark. He goes to jobs 2-6 hrs a day. He only supervises. He had 2 guys working. He doesn't have much energy. He's very positive...and says he's talked to guys with smaller surgeries that didn't go back to work for 6 months

But!!! Tutu...he doesn't accept miralax is a problem except for 1 thing....his doc told him it makes his colon forget how to work. So he's off miralax and on solace. I'm pretty sure solace is the same and shouldn't be used ing term...but like the rest of my family...he rejects most of what I say.

So time for bed. So glad storms didn't get me. I 'll figure out about trees in morning. But I got plenty of exercise todsy

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Sounds like Mark is making progress. Sure hope you like your new chairs. They sound wonderful.

For all the miles of hiking I put in before Lyme, I never saw a bear in the wild and I really wanted to--from a distance, of course. Saw mountain lion tracks, water moccasins, rattlesnakes, and a coral snake, but no bear.

In the 80's today. Got sunburned doing yard work.

Planted tomatoes, cukes, and zucchini.

Also planted snapdragons.

Use the trimmer around fence and trees while Kyle mowed.

Did go to local coffee shop--bit too hot for coffee, but it has become a routine on Saturday afternoons for me.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. Colace without the stimulant would be OK.

AK ... Classical music is always a special treat!

I planted a few plants too, hiker. I'm planting the ones I bought over the past 10 days or so. Doing a few at a time.

I managed to throw out two old pots and need to throw another one out. It's tricky because I have no place for the soil. I don't think they would like it if I threw it over the balcony! [Big Grin] (VERY tempting)

So I took the whole pot down and dumped the soil in the garden down by the creek.

Going to an 8th birthday party for the "star's" little girl. My niece's birthday is today also....and sadly, my dad passed away on this day 25 years ago. He died on my niece's 22nd birthday.

OH.. and I went to the songwriters show yesterday last night. It was awesome!

[ 05-05-2018, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise today. Did go to a dinner at the local university. One of my Mom's groups, International Network had family night so me, Mom, Josh and a few of my Mom's friends attended.

Annual international student of excellence and a scholarship were awarded.

Also Korean and Polynesian dances performed along with a fashion show of about 8 cultural custom dress.

We had a blast!

Kayak-I know what you mean about legs burning. Took me days to recover from raking and bagging leaves. Glad to hear your brother is recovering!

Hiker-Smiled when I read about your snapdragons! I'd like to do some container gardening or table height raised bed gardening myself. I'd probably do cukes and zucchini too.

TuTu-I had to dispose of old potting soil also. I ended up using it to fill in a hole in the yard. When you go to your shows doesn't it make you forget about your troubles for awhile? Some days I don't feel like doing anything but am usually glad to get out of my comfort zone and experience something that's fulfilling.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement