LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you can do today. May 20

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you can do today. May 20
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time for a another week of wheeling, dealing, spading, weeding, walking etc.

Spent time with my family this weekend. Dad's 95th is Thursday, but my southern brother came up with his wife yesterday.

We followed our tradition of champagne. Sure was good to see my brother.

So humid and misty here. Think I will finish up laundry and cooking and then veg out.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8916 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for getting us started this week!

Glad you had a wonderful time with your family.

I did over 2 hours of yardwork today. Pruning, raking, bagging and popped out dandelions. So plenty of sunshine, fresh air and exercise.

My Mom made sukiyaki for dinner so all I had to do was dishes.

Glad because I'm beat!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kids were good on field trip today and thankfully the rain held off, so they could be outside.

Hoping we wore them out a bit, so the next two days they will be sedate, but with that age, I doubt it.

Wore me out, though.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8916 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My computer has been weird since Friday and I don't really like coming here on my phone.

It was miraculously fixed today. It may have been a problem with Firefox. I have no clue.

Anyway, hubby and I went to the next state to see our dentist. He had a cleaning, but not me. I went to do some shopping but couldn't find the place the receptionist told me about.

Didn't find what I wanted, but that's OK.

We came home and took a nap. Pretty exciting day .. LOL.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday-Still recovering from yard work. Back of my thighs always hurt from squatting. Did go up to a higher weight for my pelvic floor exercises. So did those yesterday and today.

Today is the last day of school for kids down here and Friday is the last day for teachers. Josh is working longer on some school committee and his last day is closer to the end of the month.

Hang in there Hiker!

Only shopping I've done TuTu is running to Wal-Mart for graduation cards. I'm to pooped to shop!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey! I *finally* started into a 'regular' exercise thing. I started giong back to ballet class after many years of not dancing, and its been at least 10-15 yrs of no ballet.

I figured ballet would be best dance to try since its a very beginner class and low impact, etc. it is tough, but I am amanaging.

my brain wants to go faster and harder , but my body is not listening and a couple weeks ago I took a make up class in the harder jazz class and I though I had a heart attack! [dizzy]

so I will try very hard not to push myself like that again!

im also in physical therapy and it is a work out too as it leaves me very tired after.

how did I get this out of shape???!!! ahhahahahaa

I know.
but I wish now that I would have done something all along this road from lyme! boy did I learn a lesson! its super hard to get back and i have many physical issues now that I never had because of being stagnant.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's exciting, Lisa!! Woot!! It's so much more interesting than working out on a machine!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sheesh...i was only locked out on phone not here i must push a button by mistake but never know where it is not sure how to get back on on phone...but here i am(lymenet text has been very tiny on my phone for awhile)

woke up again with dead tick next to etta it
was a hard night for me to sleep...but she slept great

so skin biopsies done and will be back in a week i have to tend to cuts...one near eyeglasses keeps opening but really no biggie at this point glad its done and have a good doc and a plan

i watered annuals and baby trees when i came home...had trouble with new hose so it was a struggle but i think i burned more calories!

i just talked to contractor and he is set to start tuesday after labor day...and whole week is supposed to be sunny...that makes me very happy to not have two tone house anymore

im confused if hiker is home or still with parents...are you done with school?

ak ... i saw you on fb right? with a friend?

and tutu hope you guys got home safe...it was a one day trip right?

hi Lisa!!! good to see you.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LisaK--Welcome. How exciting to get back into dancing. I am still very out of shape. Need to lift weights.

My exercise was dragging the hoses around the yard for a good watering session. Drought here.

I have two more days of school, lp, and then am a free woman.

The kids each handmade a card for me for my retirement. Some I will treasure forever.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

TWO MORE DAYS, hiker?? That's all?? Woot!!!

LP .. I do hope you meant Memorial Day, not Labor Day. [Big Grin]

Yes, we were home by 4pm, I think it was.

Our bible study leader had a tea at her place for our two new women in the condos. One is a friend of one of my long time friends.

She served a delicious looking strawberry cake. I didn't eat it, but brought one for hubby.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Last day for kids at school. They were great.

Had a staff lunch. Staff gave me a standing ovation. All I could do to not cry. Will probably bawl my eyes out tomorrow.

Only have to work a few hours tomorrow.

Very toxic again today, so just relaxing tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH wow... that is awesome, hiker!!! Congrats!!

You did it!! I know the hardest part will be missing all your friends .. and the kids.

Sigh.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi all! Just pelvic floor exercises and two loads of laundry. Ran some errands too.

Welcome LisaK! Way to go on the ballet!

Hey there Kayak! Welcome back! I've been trying to socialize more so that's me on FB with one friend from MN and another friend who's separated and recently moved back south. I've missed my normal life so much!

TuTu-I'm envious of your condo! My Mom wants me to have her home but I wouldn't mind something with no yard. The older I get the harder the yard work is!

Hiker-It must feel wonderful to know that you've meant so much to your students and co-workers. I'll be hooping and hollering for you at 10:30 tomorrow!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't know how you guys keep up with a yard. We haven't had one since 1995. It was the first thing we were happy to be without, especially with how hot it was to mow and water in Texas. HOT!!

When we moved into our motor home, I planted flowers in pots. So that is my "garden." It's plenty to keep up with all the watering even then.

I went to a comedy show this afternoon. It was fun, but not as good as it could have been. Mostly silly stuff, but there was music too.

Getting my haircut tomorrow.... finally. Not much to cut since it's growing out, but it needs to be trimmed.

Hope I can make it to exercise tomorrow also. I missed it on Tuesday due to the tea I attended.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Retired at 10:00 today. Went to library, took a nap.

Wanted to watch TV but local channels didn't work. Spent way too much time on phone with DirectTV.

Set up time for tech guy to come out and now it is working, but it has been spotty the past week.

BFF coming over tonight.

Hot weather is here for awhile--going to be in the 90's this weekend and all next week. UGH!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Glad you are FREE, hiker! [Big Grin]

Sorry about the TV issues....

Got my haircut today .. and also went to exercise. I did 30 min on the machine and 10 laps.

Also went to a new show tonight. It was good .. all but one singer. He was "OK" .. lots of nepotism in that show! You had to be in the family to be on stage .. lol

Tomorrow morning we have a funeral at church. There will be way more people there than we have room for. The gentleman who passed away was well-loved and he and his wife were not retired (he was 60) .. They have a big family and are known all over town.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just keeping up with my pelvic floor exercises.

Had a plumbing issue yesterday caused by too high water pressure. Local water company came out and tested our pressure and it's too high. So waiting for a plumber to show up around 3-4 today.

We have to pay to have a water pressure regulator installed at the meter.

Retirement is the start of a new adventure for you Hiker!

I've been browsing for small motor homes lately TuTu. Sometimes I think a small motor home might be ok for home base but I'm still not sure.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Slept like a rock last night and slept until almost 8 this morning.

My main exercise has been getting up and watering before work or as in today, before other stuff.

Went to the grocery store.

Drove over to my parents. Just a quick trip for Dad's official birthday and then home again tomorrow.

Ak--As long as your mom needs you, you might as well live there. A condo does sound lovely and it is on my wish list.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Hiker53

Job well done !

https://www.google.com/search?q=tretirement+cakes&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=ybWSWR3T4-Kk3M:

Posts: 2978 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope your trip goes well, hiker!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Thanks for the cake, BB.

Enjoyed my parents. Back today.

Made a meatloaf and laundered sheets. Put on my summer quilt that my grandmother made.

DirectTV came and serviced satellite dish, so hopefully all will work well now.

Took a short nap. Lazy now.

Goal is to start exercising Tuesday. It is so hot that I cannot tolerate exercising outside, so after the holiday weekend I will head the rec center.

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement