LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? July 1, 2018

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? July 1, 2018
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Fourth of July Weekend!!

Nice morning at church, out to lunch, may get a few rain showers. COOLER this week!!

I'm off for my Sunday nap!

[hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Storms may come through here, as well, but still going to be a hot week.

Did my leg exercises for 30 minutes.

Sat outside on the deck for a little while, but back inside reading.

Off to call mom.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for getting us started TuTu!

Got home from Atlanta a little while ago. Danced quite a bit Friday and Saturday so I'm counting that as exercise.

I'm already in the bed and am calling it a night.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I missed a lot of last week I think. I will go back and read

I'm glad you got to dance AK!

I missed the leg exercises hiker...

And I didn't know a Sunday nap was a regular thing tutu.

Somethings changing. I wonder if we're getting old

I'm sick. On 2 different meds from 2 different docs with vague diagnosis and wierd as. My vision comes and goes. And I get my face is broken out. I feel like a teenager. And there are odd stabbing burning pains that come and go

The worst is in the large scar from remov8by my left breast. That scar never seemed to heal right but many checks from 3 docs and pt kept saying it was fine

So I never got house cleaned up after the construction...I got some things done. Bedroom has been clean3d 3x...I consider that my safe room. Big air cleaner in small space. Very low emf. It doesn't have a a c tho so this heat wave has been hard

I'm not able to keep up laundry and dishes daily so that keeps getting worse.

I'm not using back room so just close that door except when humidity would make mold grow. Then I open door so dehumidifier gets it right

The exercise room has a.c. but no good place to sleep

Anyway. I'm working on it

Then there was drama with the brother who lives near me. I started a group chat with 5 siblings hoping everyone would keep in touch with him. But he didn

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He didn't reply to anyone for days. I was the last to see him and he was very fatigued...I think depressed...refused to go to Doc cuz of way they treated him last time he's so tired he can't ride his bike...and that's how he gets food. Others say he is bipolar. He doesn't have dx but it kinda fits. I feel bad but I really couldn't drive down there. This morning a text told me he is fine

The times they are a changing.

Hope we all catch up to a k and can dance like no ones watching soon

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kayak .. The Sunday nap usually happens. We get up at 6 a.m and do two church services. We get out a little before noon and then eat.

So we are beat by the time we get home. Have to rest up for the show on Sunday night.

I'm sorry you are sick. I hope you can get better soon. It's always something, isn't it!? [Frown]

Maybe you can still find a helper to get you caught up.

I bought some drawer dividers, so will work on a drawer today. It needs real help!

I have two Bible studies to do by Wednesday. One tomorrow and one on Wed. Gotta get busy.

Ran errands this morning after PT .. will go out again later to put a check in the bank and pick up a replacement light bulb for hubby.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had 3 1/2 glorious days without toxic feeling and now it is back. That is the longest I have gone in awhile, so maybe that means I am getting better.

Oddly my toenail fungus is looking a bit better the past few weeks. If my theory is correct, then my immune system is in overdrive and killing everything it needs to kill--even viruses I pick up from someone that normally wouldn't bother me. That causes the toxic feeling.

Still sleeping 9-10 hours a night.

Went to library this morning. Am in the summer reading program. One book is called a blind date. You get it wrapped in brown paper and don't know what it is until you get it home. Mine is sci-fi. I hate sci-fi. LOL

But, I also got a few books I will enjoy. Next time there I need to rent a foreign film. I always enjoy the reading program.

Walked 28 minutes. Such a nice day here for a change. Turned off AC for awhile.

Did a tiny bit of weeding, but spent most of the outside time on the deck reading.

lp--hope you feel better. Ak--I bet you need a few days of recovery from your dancing!

Heading to new energy healer tomorrow an hour away. Please pray that she can be helpful to me and that I will know whether to stick with her or not.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Progress, hiker! Will pray for an awesome and helpful healer!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

oh hiker i hope the new energy healer turns out to be good for you

that makes a lot of sense about the sunday nap tutu

i ended up with a 2 hr nap today it was supposed to be a rest so i could get up and finish house stuff...but the heat was crazy...even in ac rooms

i slept 2 hrs...walked in circles for an hour and then took etta to beach we walked some...it was 88 at home and 69 at beach! and drove some and just sat some...well ...she sniffed around a wheaten terrior ran up to us...etta was like...wahats goingo on? and before i could pick her up he was gone about 15 min later heis owner came looking....that dog had a long run and met a lot of ppl along the way

we were at the beach 3 hrs! i think i spaced out and just sat and breathed it was so nice anfter 90s and humidity at home

im having woodchuck problems at home and a few baby trees are getting eaten by something i called the college...they have a master gardener program and i had to get closer to plands rip some leaves off and take pics i ll call her tomorooe and wee if she can tell me what to do

i hope the woodchuck is gone tomorrow i thew a ammonia rag in its front door under the shed an hour later my neighbor saw it in the driveway i hope it goes to the woods to live i hope it doesnt have babies but it might it was on the front patio yesterday and that is ettas space its hard enought keeping her from chipmunk encounters a run in with a woodchuck would make beig vet bills or worse

i saw your friend gave you leg exercises to do hiker are you rotating them with walking? our heat will stay ate least 3 more days but there is a chance for rain two nights

things are dying and i cant help them

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp-It would make sense to walk one day and do my leg exercises the next. However, since I love to walk more than do the leg exercises, I am only doing the leg exercises 3 times a week.

I have found because my abs are not strong they are even hurting after the leg exercises and my back is really tight. Weird positions, I guess.

Beach sounds heavenly. Glad you can get there and enjoy it. Bet Etta would take on the woodchuck, but hopefully you can bid that fellow goodbye.

I walked 27 minutes this morning and then spent about 30 minutes watering.

Got a few green beans from the garden and 2 small cukes.

So hot and humid already and I know most of us are feeling it.

Leaving soon to drive the hour for energy healing appointment. I will keep let you know how that goes.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yeah. That's what I'm afraid of. Etta has small dog syndrome. She has no idea what will happen if she gets into it with that woodchuck.

I have no doubt Etta would take on a bear.

Good luck today hiker. Hope it works out well. My knee and shoulder and back docs are an hour away on twisty wooded back roads. I don't like the drive in winter

My new meds are knocking me out. The heat doesn't help either. But I think it's the meds.

I hope they do what they are supposed to

Today I got 2 shirts 2 pants and 2 shorts in the mail to give my kids to wear when they visit

The son with Dryer sheet clothes doesn't understand the smell is sticky and stays in clothes. He's assuring me his clothes are fine...newly laundered. Love them. They do try to understand

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Energy healer report: I really like the energy healer I saw today. Different from Gretchen but excellent.

She saw no evidence of Lyme (as she didn't kill any germs). Said my immune system is working overtime and she will try to normalize it.

She gave 3 pieces of advice:

1) Immerse yourself in God's Word as you go through this storm.

2) Rest. She says my body is crying for rest.

3) Make sure I get outdoors even if it is just sitting on the deck. That helps keep me grounded.

She felt I was very grounded and intuitive and said she could see the storm in the body but also sunshine.

She said I could text and ask for prayer. I go back in 3 weeks.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. sure hope the woodchuck leaves. I used to see one in our neighborhood (for several years) .. I haven't seen him in a long time. At least he had places to go and didn't bother anyone.

Hiker .. the new healer sounds great! Yes, your body DOES need rest. I'm sure!

I went to Bible study at church, then treated myself to an omelette before heading over to exercise. [Smile] .. Not supposed to eat right before, but I'm trying really hard to eat good food and no sugar.

I was afraid if I had nothing to eat I would crash afterwards and binge.

We have more friends coming in from Texas today! So .. I have to go to the show again. I should have skipped Sunday's!!!

We'll go have lunch with them tomorrow. He and my hubby used to teach together. We've been friends since 1976, I believe! Lots of history between us.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy Independence Day!

Am not exercising today.

Had ant invasion into kitchen cabinets last night. Saw them in time to get to the store to get some bait traps before store closed.

Had to clear out the cabinets, so my kitchen is a disaster zone at the moment. At least my sugary food items were already in ziplock bags.

Sprayed my shorts, t-shirts, socks etc. with Sawyer spray. Need to order some more spray.

Did one load of laundry.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 4th of July exercise buddies!

You guys have been doing alot!

My niece is here from FL and staying with her brother, Josh.

Feeling pretty good overall from the weekend and had one day of rest and now crazy busy with family.

Great news Hiker about your new energy healer!

Hope you have a wonderful time with family Kayak!

You're a social butterfly TuTu! I can go go for awhile then I need time to recover.

BTW gang, a friend of mine gave me a reel mower so will be giving it a go within the week. Be praying for me!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Just letting everyone know that our internet is down. Using our cell phone minutes to get online. Won’t be fixed until July 6th. Feel free to text.

Happy Independence Day!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm out of it from heat and meds. I had a 4 he nap yesterday afternoon and was vacuuming at 3 a m. Slept til 10. I washed dishes for an hour and didn't finish. Then took Etta to an outingbto tractor supply. They let her go in so I went there. I needed 2 short extension cords for machines in house. I'm trippingbove the 50 ft long ones I use for mower

We visited with a few ppl and stopped for icecream on the way back and made more friends. I can be very sociable outside with ppl who don't smell!

Then we drove awhile linger on back roads that were shady

I planned to get back to housework when we came home...but I'm almost asleep in chair and Etta is asleep on my lap

I think in gonna sleep too

Stay cool everyone!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hope everyone had a great 4th! Our internet is back on today! They had told us it wouldn't be until tomorrow, so we are happy.

Went to lunch yesterday with our friends from Texas. It was great to get together again.

Then we vegged all day. OH .. I did go out to the grand opening of our new Harbor Freight. It was interesting and I picked up a few items for us and for OCC.

I need to get in the shower so I can go exercise. Weird, huh? lol

I still haven't joined the other gym .. I think I need to. I need to call my best friend and see if she will go with me. I need a walking partner.

AK and Hiker .. hope your day was great!

LP .. Are you making progress with the new meds?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hiker if the ants are the kind that eat sugar, you can use artificial sweetener- aspartame, as bait for the ants. They take it back to the nest and it kills them all.

When its the big black ants, powder them with DE and they carry it back to the nest. Though it does make them loopy and you'll find powdery ant walking at odd places till they find their way home.

I just got home from work and am ready to sit for awhile.

Hubby has been minding the heat and not doing much the last while.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manname, thanks for the tip on the ant bait.

Probably overdid it today. Walked 27 minutes and did 30 minutes of leg exercises. Other odd jobs around the house.

Felt good, today, though, and hope it continues.

Finally raining a bit here. Then it should cool down.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu. I'm taking the meds. They are knocking me out.

I'm herxing

Hiker hope you don't over do it. We are getting that rain later tonight and early tomorrow

Manname...hope you got a rest...

Tutu hope you got the exercise!

This is 7th and last day of heatwave. I cooked a weeks worth of oatmeal and veggies. I have grass fed. Beef and chic

I also cut the big. Bread I made awhile ago into serving pieces

So my food is set for a week

I finally caught up dishes.

At tractor supply I got 2 short extension cords for my machines. I had been using 25 ft ones and trippingbove them

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good tips on ants! Got any for spiders? I guess I need to put out more glue boards.

LP .. I was just wondering if the meds were working.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Spiders--whack them with a big stick! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Works for me!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Use the sweeper hose and spiders disappear!

I need tips on mice! We had a bad infestation of mice again this winter. I thought we had them all except one.....

We got Tin Cat trap which catches multiple mice. Today I heard one in the trap and decided to check the second trap - another mouse!

Took them out to the cats. Silly cat wanted to play with it. I hope he ate it and didn't let it get away.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sweeper hose??

If you are having mice, I would get someone to find out how they are getting inside the house. There is a gap somewhere.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH .. I did 35 minutes on the machine yesterday and 14 laps.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I think all the exercise I did yesterday released more toxins and I feel horrible today.

Did go to grocery store and bank, but that's been about it.

Tomorrow, hopefully, will be better.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi everyone! We had 2 cars full of folks and headed to the indoor antique/flea market and walked around from about 1:30-5:00! Then off to s great Chinese restaurant and more walking around in there large market.

My S.I. joint is giving me fits and need to find self help on YouTube.

TuTu way to go on the exercise! I know you're happy that your internet is back up too.

Kayak you're getting so much done! Your outing sounded fun, especially the ice cream part!

Manna does the aspartame work for fire ants? I'm waging a war with them since I moved in with my Mom, so going on 3 years now. I'm using bait but they just seem to move to different parts of the yard.

Hiker it's so hard to resist overdoing it on our good days. I'm notorious for the same thing. Hope it's a short spell!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally went to the beach this week, and did some swimming. I wish I could go more often, but it's long drive. There's a beach on the river near me, but it's full of water snakes, land snakes (or at least snake skins), and algae.

Yesterday, I spent a lot of the day cleaning up and trying to fix my computer. The power went out the other day, and something got messed up.

I still have to dust my fan again. The other night, I had a whole family of tiny bugs on the ceiling around the light, that must have crawled through the screen. I sprayed the ceiling with bug spray, but that didn't seem to work, so they all had to be killed with a flyswatter. Now there are dead bugs everywhere. Luckily, none of them were the biting kind.

I heard borax is also good for repelling ants. I use natural peppermint oil-based mouse repellents. They only work for a month or so and then you have to put more out. My cats kill whatever mice go into the basement, so I don't need mouse traps there.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--Glad you could make it to the beach. Sounds relaxing.

AK--did you find some good buys at the flea market?

Tutu--way to go on the exercise. It would be fun to find an exercise buddy.

Felt a bit better today until midafternoon.

So, in the morning I trimmed back some bushes and did a little weeding.

Then I cooked up some porkchops, some meatloaf, and baked blueberry muffins to take to my mom.

Headed back outside this afternoon and fixed the gate that wouldn't close. Took me a while to figure it out and I almost had the 6 foot gate fall off the fence. That would have required assistance. [Eek!]

Anyway, all that movement jarred loose some more toxins, so now I am taking it easy. Going to go drink some detox tea and read.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

I don't know if aspartame works on fire ants or not....... do they eat sweet things? Aspartame isn't expensive to try.

I chuckle to myself, buying ant killer in the food section of the store. I bring it home and store it with the poison stuff in the laundry.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Grocery shopping and dusting, vacuuming and mopping for exercise. Oh and one load of laundry.

Found some great stuff on YouTube to unstick my S I joint so am feeling better.

Thanks 248! I might need to try borax too! Envious of your day at the beach.

Hiker you've been a working machine today! Not to hot in your neck of the woods for yardwork? I have to wait until almost dark to get started since it cools down some at dusk.

Going to the store to get aspartame too Manna. I've just got to get rid of the fire ants! Sure is hard to get rid of them!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. Did you try boiling water for the ants yet? I hear that is one way .. though difficult.

I ran a few errands and otherwise wasted my life away. LOL

See ya tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement