LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE:What Can You Do Today? August 12, 2018

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE:What Can You Do Today? August 12, 2018
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Off with another week of getting out of bed, off the couch or rising up from the cushy recliner!

Just about anything goes for exercise on this thread!

A good day for me was going from the bed to the couch during heavy duty treatment years.

So, if it's walking, cooking, crafting, gardening, jogging, yoga, weight lifting, etc. check in here!

This is the thread for encouraging one another to move!

Let's have an awesome week gang!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--Thanks for starting us off today.

Walked 20 minutes. That is all I can manage today for exercise. Very toxic. Guess that means my body is killing Lyme on its own.

Kyle finally showed up to mow today. I will fire him soon.

Had another guy, Jim, come give me an estimate for the lawn. Very reasonable. Only problem is his riding mower won't fit through the fence gate.

So, Jim said he would make the gate bigger and he will just charge me for parts but not for labor. Until then I can either have Kyle mow or Jim will mow the 2/3 of the yard outside the fence and I can mow inside the fence.

Makes sense to have a bigger gate anyway in case I every find a cheap riding mower.

Jim mows for a living, so I know he will be around next year and be reliable. My neighbors use him and like him. Only $5 more than Kyle and he will trim and clean grass off walk and drive which Kyle doesn't do.

God always seems to put the correct person in place for me when I need it.

Am reading and then going to watch cheesy Hallmark movie tonight--just in case it ends differently than all the others I have seen. [Big Grin]

Have a great week!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, teen lawn boy leaves without talking to me. I go out and he did not mow part of lawn or sweep the walk and drive.

I mowed, swept and texted his Dad with pics of what he left undone. His dad said he needs to come back at some point and do extra chores for free or he will not learn to do a job right. He wanted Kyle to come back today, but I am too tired to deal with it.

I will have him weed or spade up the garden but way too dry to do it today.

His dad is a good parent.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same problem with riding mowers and gate hiker!

And with teenagers. But here the guys who do it as business charge twice as much as kids and insist on comingbevety 2 weeks weather lawn needs it or not. And you never know when they will come ...that's a problem for me cuz I have to leave the hose out now

I'm quite sick from the meds. Nausea and headache things I never have.

For a month I was pretty much in house...too hot to go out. This weekend it rained on and off...no sun to burn my doxy skin. But so humid i could hardly stand. I weeded some and moved 4 baby trees that seem to be dying. In put them in bed with best dirt that I look at when I eat. They had a lot of roots but all the leaves were dead. I hope they will come back. I'm going to call the guys at nursery too...weather has been so wier d. It might be they got too much water

This afternoon I took van to guy next door and neighbors drove me home. I knew I couldn't walk the 10 min in this humidity.

The dealer said they fixed it but its still leaking oil. I told them it was leak8ng transmission fluid cuz that's what is all over my carport and that's what jiffy lube guy said. But dealer said its fixed.

Guy next door is going to check level of transmission fluid. If its full the dealer must have filled it

So car saga is not over. Tomorrow I am stuck here without car so hope I can. Find warranties

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back. Had to rescue a bug from my ceiling and put him outside. He was green!

Phone also still has battery problems. I miss the old days. You know when things were made to last. Like singer sewing machines. And companies stood behind their products.

Forecast is another heat wave so I will finish bills. A lot of medical bills. Complicated.

And I 'll probably work on house more. Its almost ready for new couch. I have to call them and see when it will get here. Its coming from CA!

I hope I dont react to it. I'm excited about making my living space smaller. For now.

Hiker sounds like that guy will work out. I can't make gate bigger cuz house or shed would have to be moved!

How are you AK?

I should be back to catch up. Since I 'll be stuck inside. I have doc appts but not sure if i can get to them

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm beginning to feel sorry for Kyle's parents.

Went to church and two shows today. (our ususal)

One of the entertainers was from Texas and we have mutual friends. That was amazing to find out!! They live in the same town that some long-time friends are from.

I probably told you about them last month. The man has worked with my husband on two different occasions (band directing) and his wife helped me get my last teaching job in SA.

They came to see us last year and also this summer. We stayed with them (at her mom's house) 3 years ago when we had a little vacation in TX. It was cut short when hubby got rehired on the show.

I'm tired and need to go to bed!

Night all!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paying for my shenanigans! Me and my hangover went to pick up my friend's car yesterday. I left her mine and I'm putting hers in the shop close to my house for hopefully just a tune-up.

Me and the Lord are footing the bill. Already took it to AutoZone for a free scan which coded for sparkplug.

So my alarm is set for 7:15.

Today I rested.

Glad you're firing the kid Hiker! I don't pay for a lousy job. Glad SOMEONE is looking out for you. FYI, Hallmark movies always have a happy ending!

Hey there Kayak! I wouldn't trust the dealer especially if it's still leaking. I used to stick flat cardboard box under my car to make sure what kind of fluid it is. Makes me mad that they think adding fluid FIXES it! Wish I could help!

Hoping to get to the gym tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Picked lettuce in the rain. I almost got stung by a bumblebee hiding under a leaf..

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

30 minute working in the yard did me in. So humid and hot, but no rain.

Jim, the new lawn man, came by this afternoon and pulled out the gate and post to my fence. He is taking the gate to get an extension welded on and then will put the post back at a different spot.

I filled in the hole late this afternoon and spread some grass seed, but not likely to take until fall. Was impressed that he came by already to do that.

Ran a few errands.

Lyme238--glad you escaped the bee.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. I hope you feel better after having rested!

Bumblebees and I don't get along. I have had two encounters with them lately. Now I have a wasp outside my front door.

I think fall is always a dangerous time with the wasps and bees. Glad you escaped, 248!

hiker .. Very impressive that Jim is on the ball!

I hope kayak is having a good day.

I went out to take advantage of sales on school supplies at Walgreen's. I cashed in with GREAT sales on pencil sharpeners, rulers and big erasers! Woot! I also bought some pencils, but still hoping for better prices on those later on.

While I was in there, a huge thunderstorm hit and I got pretty wet when I left. I couldn't carry all the bags AND an umbrella!! LOL

I'm so excited that we will have good sharpeners and rulers this year for the OCC kids. I think it's essential to include sharpeners for their pencils and they can't go to school without school supplies.

We've had so many donations that I have NO IDEA how many boxes we will pack this year. We did 285 last year.

I also managed to run another errand before I got to Walgreen's.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I made it to the gym! Did 30 minutes on the treadmill, 10 in the sauna wearing my new wrap that my Mom bought me, showered and out of there in about an hour!

A miracle happened today.

Before heading to the mechanic, I was praying it wouldn't cost me over $200. Parts were about $125 and labor $64. The car needed a tune up, one coil, 5 quarts of oil and a oil filter.

Tonight when I dropped off the car to my friend she insisted on paying on Wednesday and wanted to know the total. When I showed her the receipts she said she was praying it wouldn't be over $200. The same thing I was praying for!

The funny thing is I was catching flak for helping financially from several folks.

I was impressed to help and later was rewarded and defended.

Needless to say some people were a bit ashamed.

I'm just plain old amazed!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Picking lettuce in the rain would make part of a good lyric L248!

Don't know how you survived the heat Hiker! I have to bribe myself with beer.

Sounds like you might be getting some help your way also TuTu. Wonderful thing you're doing there!

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's so wonderful about the car, AK .. God is always in the details!

I was "convicted" in the Lord last week when I drove by an area that they were supposed to build a HUGE cross on. This was proposed about 6 years ago and I even met the guy who was building it.

Well, so I was thinking "What happened to all the money that was raised for the cross?"

So the NEXT day, it was on the news that the work on the cross had begun!! I had to ask God for forgiveness on that one!! Now I'm anxious for it to be built!

Going to exercise today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The poor bumblebee was just sitting under a leaf, and I poked it with my finger by accident. . . It was all wet, and it probably was wondering what was going on. I don't mind insects as they don't look like ticks (and they stay out of the house).

God always sends me help when I'm really feeling down. Even if it's just a neighbor saying hi, or my cat coming with one of her toy mice for me.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Very odd day. Got up and realized that my colleagues were all at work and I am retired. Bittersweet.

Walked 24 minutes.

Am herxing from yesterday's energy healing. Sheesh. How much Lyme can there be?

Had Window World come give me estimates on front doors and windows. Going to have first local company come back and give me estimates on windows as they were cheaper than Window World on the doors.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Very cool, 248!

Hiker, I think I mostly felt joy for quite awhile. Then I began to miss my friends.

I was so relieved not to have to go to work because I was sick.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

One day is up and the next one down.

Didn't make it to the gym today but ended up helping Josh put up a dog run for his escape artist dog.

The downer was someone asked me yet again if I'm working then snubbed me.

Constantly defending myself from this individual. They made their own son work while he had cancer. He didn't last long.

Took everything I had not to cuss this person out!

Anyways....

Very relatable Cross incident TuTu. Sometimes things are brought to mind.

Leafy umbrella there huh L248.

Josh had a co-worker retire too Hiker. He meets several times a year with 2 retired co-workers for lunch. I'd probably hole up with stacks of books!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Admire your restraint on not cussing out the "idiot" and your ability to help out Josh.

Walked 27 minutes this morning trying to get in the walk before it rained.

80% chance of rain and not a drop all day. Sure saves on lawn mowing costs, but it's a trade off since I have to water the flowers and trees.

Ran an errand and had a lazy day writing poetry and reading. Still major herx reaction.

lp--Where are you? Miss your posts!

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

ak...that sounds so awful...it makes me think of things but im so low energy i wont focus on them

hiker...i guess i was like tut...except it was in middle of year...i had been out on medical leave and the decision was made not to go back...i just felt relief i knew i would have some money problems cuz it was 2 years early ...but i had been pushing soooo hard.

i think i wrote to yu and lost it monday was a horrible day with one thing after another going wrong yesterday i focussed all day at fixing problems and made some progress.

wait...is my post here about warrenty guy in kansas?

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i wrote you about bank giving me phone number of warrenty guy in kansas who was wonderful with that info and more info from neighbor mechanic i talked to service manager and he was reasonable apologized for some stuff was upset about some of what his workers did he arranged for me to drop off car tomorrow morning they will give me a ride home if they dont fix it they will give me a loaner til they fix it

it still may not go smoothly...but better than i was a few days ago

with that decided i spent all yesterday and today on crossing things off list i have internet on cable now...even that wasnt easy but neighbor helped.

phone works when it is plugged in but if its at 90% i can only talk about 20 min and it is dead...even when i am plugged itn if its not plugged in i get about 5 min this is brand new battery i guess i have to call them i havent paid for phone that was supposed to be new...i do have insurance but they keep giving me old phones that dont work...so that problem is ongoing

my house is moldy i knew the last guy coverec over one window a week later it smelled outside when i was mowing lawn...now a month later it smells enough inside to give me symptoms...im doing the best i can at sealing it...but it is right where the new couch is going...so i have a problem i dont want to contaminate the couch

i got the mold remediators that did my attic on the phone and they will come give an estimate...but i dont know about money...i have a lot on credit cards from the remediations i just did i was going to take winter to pay it off
so a lot of $h_ _ going on

i have been talking and texting with a new online friend very sad she is worse than kam...in nusing home in bed propped up and feed toilet move herself post lyme and other things zero treatment.. thats what they do when you go to nursing home unless you get lawyer and can make it work no treatment but she is very smart has 2 young children docs told her husband she wasnt really sick ... hes disowned her...shes alone...never sees kids...very very sad...i guess there are new laws where they are trying to take all non ambulatory bed bound ppl and wear house them like they used to do with mentally ill hard to believe what is happeneing in this country i know i am 1 fall away form nursing home...

--------------------

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

That's really sad about your friend, kayak. Nursing homes would be a lot better if they had the same quality of service that hospitals do.

Hiker-What kind of poetry do you write? I was always a math-and science kind of person (at least before I got sick), but after I got sick I started to write poetry.

I went for a short walk yesterday. I didn't want to go for a long walk and get caught if it started to rain. Today I had a stomachache, so I stayed in. I think all the nasty creatures in my stomach are getting killed.

I hope I can get some exercise in before it starts to rain again. Sometimes I pretend to dance but it givers me pulled muscles sometimes.

I haven't been doing much lately, and it's a good thing, because I haven't felt like doing much. Hopefully it's just a sign that the last of the nasties are getting killed (I think I've been dealing with parasites).

I'm probably going to be busy this fall so, you might not see me a lot.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

hiker53
Member # 6046

Good news about warranty.

Bad news about mold. Don't close off rooms to the house or it will get worse as air won't circulate.

I would have siding guy come make it right! I know that is a pain, but you can't live with mold. Some mold companies have dogs that sniff out the mold. If you can find one, it would be worth the money.

You can't just seal off mold. You have to eradicate it.

And tell phone company you will drop their service if you don't get a new phone with a decent battery for free.

[ 08-15-2018, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise again just made a quick dinner for me and Mom then did dishes.

Thanks Hiker for your support, I really needed it. Hate to admit I cried last night about the whole thing. You're doing great with the walking!

Thank you too Kayak! Wonderful news about the dealership honoring your warranty. Have you tried a different charger with your phone? If it says the battery is full then it's not a charging issue. Must be frustrating that the phones don't work. Josh has the same problem with his 8 month old Visio TV. It's been replaced twice!

Well, off to watch some TV and chip away some more at that gigantic, heavy novel. Hey....maybe I can count that as exercise! Seriously...the book weighs a ton!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey, gang!

I read all .. but too tired to reply to each of you.

We had an OCC meeting at church this morning for 2 1/2 hours. We met and then folded boxes. We folded nearly 200 of them.

Then off to the Bible study upstairs where we live. That was another two hours. Was home about an hour and then went to get some Mexican food on my way to a church council meeting.

I worked on OCC inventory after eating (took the food to church)...

The meeting was over at 8pm. Sooo... I'm wasted!

Good night!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--Hope you don't leave us in the fall! I write a lot of poetry about nature and about God, but I also have some about love and then some fun ones.

What kind do you write?

Like, you, I am math and science minded. Taught mainly science for 34 years but also taught one class of writing.

I don't know if it was a combination of a herx with taking chlorella or if it was the stomach flu, but I did not have a fun night. [toilet]

I have not "thrown up" in over a decade.

Slept a lot this morning. Finally got up and watered the plants. Again the forecasted rain is not coming.

Managed a shower and a few bites to eat, but am not exercising or running errands.

Even cancelled chiropractor just in case I am contagious as I did have a fever. I get fevers with herxes, though.

Ironically, if I were still teaching today would be the first day with students for the school year and I would have been home sick. That never happened in 34 years!

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i got good sleep last night got up early and took car to dealer they gave me ride home it was sunny but lower humidity and i pruned 5 of smaller pine trees. came in took a nap and did another 3 when they got in the shade my hand joints started hurting a lot so i came in and made eggs for lunch and had another nap ettas in heaven she loves naps on my lap

i just called and it seems they cleaned all the spilled oil really well and re torked i knnow i spelled that wrong...the transmission pan... hopefully the leaks will stop

i will have it back by 7 they are so busy with tourists they are working 10 hr days and saturdays

backsoon

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

um...i rememberd gyn doc was supposed to call with results and she didnt im afraid something is wrong ... not with me...with her...i really want to talk to her and they say she is only in office on thrus iven waited all week and then she didnt call

i hope shes not retiring she has been practicing here 30 yrs and i really like her and when mass gen took over they brought all these ppl i dont like...i dont want to switch to one of them

so ...i still have long list of house chores and bill stuff and outside stuff to do but i guess i needed the naps today i take ivermectin 3 days on 1 off 4 x during the month and this is 2nd day...i get pretty tired on iver days doc says its normal

just found out out beaches are poisoned with red tide it happens sometimes for a day but this is major 30 dead seals...from maine to ct...i will have to drive a long way to go to beach...it poisons air too

i have learned i cannot force anyone to do a good job if they dont want to that mold guy said he was going to replace frame...sent me to store for supplies ...did not replace it and closed it in in the hour i was gone. on purpose if i force him he will do somethng that will make it all worse

i contacted the company that did my attic and taught me so much when i first moved here they are small family company but very busy...the wife does the estimates and she is coming next week she said they cant do it til sept i waited 9 months for the idiots who screwed it up...so sept sounds fine

i know mold has to be remeoved and replaced...but i cannot be in the room now without towels covering basebords where smell is and it is open area with kitchen living dining and doors to outside so i have towels covering openings...i have aircleaner going 24/7 pointing at theat corner and dehumidifyer keeping humidity in 30s so if spores escape they cant grow..i alosdiffuse thieves each night...it makes spores big and sticky so easier for air cleaner to catch them i dont feel need to ozone yet but i have machine if i have to

car dealer just called my ride is coming...hope you feel better soon hiker...hope you get some rest tutu...a k ... hopw you have some fun.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

hiker .. That is awful!! I hope you will feel better SOON!!

LP .. So you got the blood work done? I hope you will hear results soon. It's horrible having to wait.

The mold thing is beyond annoying. I hope the new people will do it right.

I did 35 min on the machine today and then did grocery shopping .. after hitting Target for some 25 cent notebooks for OCC. Waiting for them to drop their prices BIG TIME like last year.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Hiker-I hope you feel better. Having a stomach bug is no fun.

My poetry is maybe similar. A lot of it's about my relationship with God, nature, and my experience being sick. I wrote of lot of them to cheer myself up. A friend is maybe going to print some of them for me.

Mold is really hard to get rid of.

I went for a longer walk today. Last time I went walking I saw a raccoon, but not this time. All my lettuce is bolting, so I picked some. At least it lasted as long as it did. I remember one year it bolted in July.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Whew, busy day! Lunched at Longhorns with Mom then lots of errand running. Forgot to pick up free tickets for military band performance though.

Got home and made chicken salad for tonight's dinner then went to the gym. Got there about 6:00, which is the latest I've ever been there.

Managed 35 minutes on the treadmill.

Then home and been on the phone way too long with Josh and a friend.

Hey there Hiker and L248! See you two have the writing bug. My sister used to write poetry (English major) and I've jotted a few verses down when I was journaling during Lyme treatment. I love poetry though and enjoy public readings.

If you want a job done right you have to do it yourself, huh Kayak? Question...does thieves really help with mold? We had some water damage in the bathroom sink cabinet. I let it dry but it has a moldy smell now. Hope you get your test results soon!

Your busting butt there TuTu! That's some serious time you're putting in for OCC. I did a tiny bit of Christmas shopping today. Bought 2 bags of Godiva chocolate truffle ground coffee (50% off). One for Josh and the other for my brother's family. Kudos on the exercise!

Off to chip away at that novel!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hubby has been trying something new. He's been drinking the juice of half a lemon in water every morning for years.

He heard how using lime juice instead, plus adding 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon each of ginger, cayenne pepper and cinnamon is a very healthy drink.

He feels like his immune system is trying to function properly now, and he's getting overwhelmed with toxins.

So he adding in extra binders to try mopping up the junk he's getting rid of. Not exactly a happy camper right now. :-(

I got 3 baskets of white peaches on Monday. Everybody ate as many fresh ones as they wanted too! Canned 7 quarts of pie filling and 6 of dessert.

Hubby started a batch of peach wine - a first time thing. We'll see how it turns out.

Need to go see what is ready to pick in the garden. Ready to make some tomatoey things.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Felt a bit better today.

Walked 22 minutes.

Went to grocery store.

Weeded about 30 minutes. We finally got rain last night!

Am totally wiped, so resting--reading and watching TV rest of the day.

Mananme--Peaches--yum!

Ak and Tutu--way to go on the exercise.

lp--hope you got a working car back! Rats on the MD who didn't call with your lab tests. Probably a good sign, though.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

good to see you manna im doing more detoxing now than i ever did i love my epsom salt peroxide soaks the most

ak...i guess its good news you are upa dn around that chic salad gives me an idea...this heat and humidity is disgusting i switched lunch to cottage cheese and any fruit i can get local...i wish i could eat tomatoes now fresh off the vine but my mcas does act up if i eat them very often

AK what do you put in chic salad...i will sneak in as many veggies as i can and have it on local lettuce

tutu...you are still a busy bee...very productive yay!!!

i hope hiker isnt real sick...i felt so bad for you and hubd tutu that time you were sick coming back from texas

so...this morning was hectic it started early but i did sleep pretty good. i had to get up at 7 to talk to nursery guy about baby paper birches i guess all this humidity gave them a fungus ... i didnt do anythng wrong. he said not to give up on them even if they lose all their leaves there is a good chance they will come back next year so thats good cuz 4 are totally bald and 2 more have leaves getting yellow...

and last night after this crazy week of everything going wrong the gardner lady called to see if i wanted her to come and i guess she was scheduled but i forgot but i was glad she came she finished the tall pine trees...im glad i didnt have to use step stool...and glad its done and she did a bunch more too she startes teaching monday but i told her to check with me in a month...shes very helpful its better than 40. and hour the guy that digs my beds charges...but even 25 is kinda a lot for me but then i dont spend much on anything else i get exercise and comfort from these plants...so a little is ok plus..i have noticed i rarely smell the cars with the trees and fence in place now...so that is huge

i talked to doc today we have been playing phone tag with my broken phone and i was getting frantic i really like her and i started to think she was retiring or sick or something but she is fine we agreed i cshould get another ultrasound in a month and then decide if she should take the cyst and ovary out...

she will try laproscopically but if i have scar tissue in the way she will have to cut me...it will be easy if she doesnt have to cut me.. i dont think i have scar tissue problems so anyway i feel better having a plan

my car is back. they mostly just cleaned it they said there was a lot of old oil and even tho i had it a week and washed the undercarriage like they said it was still dripping the man next door said he knew they hadnt fixed it cuz he could see the leak i shoowed them...but thats what they said they also tightened some screws to trans mission pan...i know someone is not teling me the truth but i dont know who. a bunch or transmission fluied is still in my garage so it had to have come from the car...anyway...they are treating me respectfully and i now know they cannot refuse me rides or a loaner im collecting cardboard from the neighbors to make sure it is still not dripping

we have some bad storms coming...tornado warnings again...from the west...hopefully they wear themselves out before they get here

in the middle of all this i found a flower in my garden that was all muddy on the ground from the downpours i staked it up a few days ago and it is so pretty and happy i ll post in fb later i hope..

i didnt do much today except keep telling the worker what to do ...so i hope i can regroup now and try to pick up where i left off in house and with bills...but i am making some headway

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Manna .. you too are so fortunate that you can eat and drink the items you mentioned! I would want to crawl in a hole.

Hiker .. I'm glad you are feeling better. Don't try to do too much at once.

LP .. So your blood work was OK?? I'm glad you have the garden lady to help you out!

Never a dull moment with any of us.

I finally got an appointment with a podiatrist and had an X-ray. He said I have (had) two stress fractures in my foot that are healing.

It's been hurting since before Christmas. He said this was within the past 3 months, so I'm a bit confused.

My latest DexaScan showed that I have strong bones (so grateful!), so it's not that. Just this afternoon I stumbled over a box and I think that must be how I injured my foot in the first place.

I always wear sneakers and orthotics, so it's not my shoes or anything and I don't run. (HA!!)

On a side note, I've been resting all day since I got back because my stomach went haywire this morning. Going into bathrooms with those danged SPRAYERS full of "fragrance" only made me react more.

I was afraid I wouldn't even get through my appointment, but I did.
(MCAS)

Hope everyone has a great evening!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Went to Josh's around 11:00 a.m. to wait for the delivery of his replacement tv.

So I ironed some pants and shirts for him to wear to work and vacuumed. That was my exercise today.

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and had spicy garlic wings. Yum!

Your summer sounds fun Manna! Thanks for the drink info. What kinda binders? I'm gearing up for another fast and think I'll try that drink. Let me know how the wine turns out!

It's hard for me to work in the yard and exercise Hiker. I have to do one of the other at the moment.

I had my chicken salad on crackers Kayak. Should have been wrapped in green leaf lettuce but I'm out. I used chopped up grilled chicken, boiled eggs, sweet relish, minced onion, mayo, pink salt and dill. BTW, just wanted to mention that I worked on my sister's transmission pan years ago. It leaked too and I tried tightening the bolts, which didn't work. Next I put on a new gasket, and that didn't work. The pan had a dent in it from probably hitting something so it had a warp that I had to straighten out with a piece of wood and a hammer. That did the trick! Good luck with your car!

What caused the stress fractures TuTu if your bone scan is ok? Fractures in my feet were from injuries. My feet still bother me and I pay for dancing! What is it with those fragrance things everwhere? Shopped yesterday and went into a bathroom that had one. It was so strong I went as fast as I could and practically ran out of there. Usually they're not that strong but it was a small bathroom.

Hoping I can zonk out tonight. Little sleep for two nights because I'm reacting to all my pain and sleeping meds so I haven't taken any. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

[shake]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aklnwlf, the binders he uses regularly are chlorella, charcoal & pysillium husks. Then as needed he uses apple pectin and/or bentonite clay.

We also have DE on hand, but that also helps destroy the bugs, so he doesn't use that one so often.

I have a canner full of pickled beans on the stove. Need to peel 2 dishpans of peaches for pie filling.

At the store this morning they had cauliflower on special so I got some for my son. He likes pickled cauliflower. I decided to let him try his hand at making it. He has it cut up and soaking in icy salt water for 3 hours.

The boys picked the tomatoes - enough for a batch of salsa. They can help cut up veggies too.

I want to hard boil some eggs to make cheese & egg salad topping for tomatoes. Yum! Thats how I learned to eat tomatoes - for the topping! Several of my siblings said the same thing.

Reminds me of a funny story. One of my brother's classmates had a tomato slice in his sandwich so big it hung out over the edges on all 4 sides! The boy was so pleased and my brother was NOT impressed because he didn't like tomatoes!

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--So, is walking for exercise not an option for stress fractures or will it help heal them? Ugh.

Manname--send your boys over. I have plenty of vegetable garden jobs for them to do--mainly pulling up my now dead garden. Just too hot and not enough rain this summer.

Since I overdid it on the exercise yesterday, I am being easier on my body today.

Laundered sheets and put them back on bed.

Went to library.

Went to pick up prescription. Pharmacist there turned out to be a parent of 2 former students. We chatted a while as no one else in line.

Sat on the deck for quite awhile. Cooler today and it felt good to sit and watch the birds.

The other day I had a binge marathon watching the TV series 911 which I recorded earlier in the year. I think watched half the episodes in one day and will watch the other half soon.

Off to read a bit. Thank the good Lord for books!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm not sure how I injured my foot, but I'm thinking it was from stumbling. I stumbled last night and aggravated it. It thought, "OH, maybe that is how I injured it way back." I didn't fall or anything.

Anyway, I don't quite understand why it's all messed up for so long. The Dr said to stay off of it more than I am. OOPS.

At least I can do the ergometer bike without aggravating it.

Someone said it could be from MCAS, and/or from my low vitamin D levels. I may also need more minerals, but I react to everything I've tried.

I went to one of my favorite shows this afternoon. It's a show I haven't seen all year, so I'm way behind!! I usually see it two or three times a season. My masto friend went with me.

I also went to a local church this evening to talk about OCC. I think we will eventually get this church to join us! Had a good response and tomorrow I will speak to the other two services.

I'm in the "announcements" but I did about 4-5 minutes. The pastor said to make the next one a bit shorter. LOL. (I DID ask him if it was too long.)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement