LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you CAN do today: Aug 19

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you CAN do today: Aug 19
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get in the groove and start your move.

Come join us as we talk about ways we exercise whether it is bicycling, walking, gardening, cleaning etc.

Today, I skipped church. Noise stimuli is bothering me again. Did watch a Beth Moore show I taped to get in some God time.

Pulled up my lousy good for nothing garden and tried to get out the crab grass and weeds. Took about 35 minutes and is by no means perfect.

Doing 3 loads of laundry today.

Have a super week! [Smile]

[ 08-19-2018, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you have a good day, hiker. Sorry to hear that noises are bothering you again. I need to do some laundry also.

I visited both services at the other church today and THREE people stepped up to take on Operation Christmas Child there. I'm so thrilled!!

They took all of the boxes I had. I think I had at least 25 boxes. I will bring them more this week. So much interest. Many of them had heard of it and some had even packed boxes before. Now, we have them organized! One lady thanked me three times for coming. Go God!

Our air conditioner was struggling last night. It had run out of freon. Our neighbor is an AC repairman so he has already taken care of it.

We may need a new unit soon. Isn't THAT fun?

Hubby is going through some changes with his second show. So he's still up at church practicing. He has a show tonight with the #1 show.

Hope everyone is doing OK today! We're about to get more rain. Bring it on! I'm hoping for a pretty fall!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I can get some exercise today. It's finally nice weather.

Yesterday I did some painting on a wood panel I bought a while ago. Maybe that's why I'm so tired. It's quite a job to clean up all the paint and brushes when I'm done. At least it's not as bad as when I got decoupage on a pair of pants. Instead of scrubbing out, it made holes.

I know what you mean, Hiker, about the noise. I f go back to the church I used to go to, I'll have to sit way in the back.

This is the first year our air conditioner didn't need more coolant. Last year the repair company finally found the ten leaks that were causing all the trouble.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shucks. Wondered why I felt so hot. Am running a fever of 101.5,

My friend told me there is a virus going around. This is the second time in a week that I have been ill and I am not even teaching anymore.

Tutu--hope the severe storms pass you by. They are coming to us tomorrow.

As soon as my comfy pj's are out of the dryer I am heading to bed.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. I think the storms will miss us. I'm keeping watch.

I hope you get to feeling better. I hate being sick!!!

Lyme248, my repairman said once they start leaking, the end is near. I wonder if he can find the leak? He said they just wear out...the copper tubing, etc.

It's about 12 years old.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for getting us started Hiker! Hope you feel better. Josh is sick from a cold or something and called out for tomorrow.

No exercise but did spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Had some frozen left over meaty prime rib bones and made a tasty chock full of veggie soup, mainly for Josh, but all 3 of us enjoyed it.

Did one load of laundry and ironed a pair of pants for Josh that my Mom repaired.

Thanks Manna for posting what your hubs does for detox. I mix chlorella in my juice and do green French clay too! Glad I'm on the right page. Also enjoyed reading how your kids help out.

Oh no TuTu! AC's are pricey! My Mom's BFF had to get a new unit a couple weeks ago and it cost around $4,000! Wonderful news about the OCC participation.

Also wouldn't surprise me if stress fractures are related to MCAS. I've had low blood sugar issues for years and see that MCAS plays a role in that also.

[shake]

10 leaks L248! Hope that AC isn't on it's last legs.

Well, I'm pooped and hoping I can get a decent nights sleep.

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I found you. I didn't real8ze a weekend went by. I wake up to a list and go to bed with a list and in between I do my best to cross off on the list.

Too many one steps forward two back

Today air is nice and wind off water makes perfect beach day ...its been a longtime...but I thought I should take advantage of cool ish air and mow front yard first. It was xtra high cuz of rain and I had a harder time than normal. After 3 breaks I'm lying down with Etta. Last 2 days. I slept 4 hrs during day...not sure what it is. When I'm wake up I hope I finish front lawn and get down to beach for a bit

Etta gets hair cut tomorrow and mold remediator gives me estimate wed

I'm glad to see everyone is ok. I hope hiker feels better

Up here prime rib is like $20.00 a pound. How can you afford that AK?...not to be nosy. But its killing me to buy organic at $7.00 a pound. I never spent that when i was cooking for 3 teenage boys and hubs.

I'm falling asleep. Bye

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let my fever go for 12 hours yesterday. Once it reached 102 (I am normally 97.8) I finally took Alleve to bring it down.

Touch of a fever today and very tired.

Had another window estimate (with company that will install new front doors). Going to be pricey, but cheaper than Window World. Really liked the owner who does the estimates and the work.

Went to chiropractor.

Otherwise, I took it very easy today.

Got some much needed rain, too!

Lp--Wish you could find a reliable person to do your lawn at at reasonable price. Then you would have more beach time.

Ak--what brand of chlorella do you use? Sounds like it gets blended up?

--------------------
Hiker53

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a special (cheaper ductless air conditioner). It was new, and it basically had problems every year. I wouldn't recommend it. Also it makes a noise like mice running in the walls (or else there's more mice than I thought). It probably wasn't installed right to begin with.

I'm not feeling good today. Maybe it's the full moon.

I was wondering why I seem to be so allergic to my cat lately, but I always see her going around with dust bunnies stuck to her whiskers, and I think that's why. Dusty places are her favorite. She likes to poke around underneath everything.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--Sorry you don't feel well. Full moon is next Sunday.

I sure do miss my cat, but I don't miss the fur all over my clothes and furniture.

Window guy (Mike) called with estimate and he is so much cheaper than Window World that I can afford to do all the windows in my house. Yippee!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. soon it will be fall and you won't have to mow!!

Lyme248 .. I hope you feel better soon. I love cats too and can't stand the fur. We only had a part time indoor cat one time. She actually belonged to the neighbors.

AK .. Yeah, the AC will be about $5,000. Not sure when we will cross that bridge.

Hiker .. The news on the windows is GREAT! I hope tomorrow you will be fever-free!

We made our trip to the dentist today. Had to go back after lunch and get a small filling in an upper tooth .. WAY in the back.

So .. we are tired.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sick! I caught whatever Josh has. Down for the count.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[shake]
Get well soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...what a day. It took forever yo finish front lawn. No beach. Too tired to cook...I should have known better but went out and bought a burger.

Had mcas attack from it. Pretty scary. Still recovering. Lots of meds in. But I'm drinking war etc and breathing but I guess I'm ok. Feels like a golf ball is stuck in my throat.

Had to go around the block the long way...officer involved shooting 1/4 mile away. The guy is dead(drugs) ...but streets are closed for investigation

https://www.wmur.com/article/officer-involved-shooting-in-rochester-under-investigation/22778814

Hiker I have not heard good things about places like window world. I think you are better off

Hope you get all the way better so

You too AK. Feel better

Tutu. You have had 2 trips to that dentist and its beenn2 yrs since I've seen mine. He's half mile down the road. I really need to get there

Lyme248. You too sick huh? I wonder what it is. I'm just really sleepy...but I'm taking a lot of meds too.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. Will this help you with your phone??

https://lifehacker.com/stop-letting-your-smartphones-battery-die-before-you-ch-1828420290

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP.. MCAS attack from the ground meat, maybe? How scary. I hope your symptoms calm down soon!!!!

RE the dentist.. we go every 6 months. Hubby has to go every 3 months because his gums are not in good shape since he was not taking care of his teeth like he should. Now he uses the Water Pik every evening.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

I've gotten symptoms from eating hamburger meat. I think it's because it's not just meat. They add some kind of preservative (sulfites I think) to make the meat stay red instead of oxidizing and turning brown. Meat form a local farm doesn't have preservatives, and I'm not sure if other cuts of meat do.

But if you went to a restaurant there could have been a million other things in it.

I'm feeling better today, so I hope I can get some exercise, and see how tall the lettuce is bolting and whether the relatives of the mole that got in the garage have started to dig up the garden.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm glad you are feeling better today, 248!

Ground meat is also high in histamine.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Are you feeling better today?

I am feeling toxic again. Rubbery legs.

So, no real exercise.

Went and used coupons for organic meat at grocery store and had a free coupon for potato chips. Decided to save it for later. Proud of myself.

Gassed up the car and then went and paid the contractor to order the windows and doors. Ouch.

Doing my usual reading.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

And if you see me double posting the same thing, my computer and Lymenet are not functioning well together. Argh.

Had to edit double posts on several threads the past few days.

This is not Lyme brain. This is a computer conspiracy. [shake]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a late night last night. I forgot to can the salsa until bedtime.

Checked my email while I waited. Had a notice from my bank's fraud detection center. Somebody had hacked my card. I called the number right away and shut the card down.

Today I went to the bank to reorder another card. By late afternoon, one of the 3 charges was already back in my account.

I am so glad as I had just paid the utility bills by check. There is enough to cover all the checks I have sent out.

Its raining again this afternoon and hubby is complaining he's aching. He asked if its going to storm?

Have a couple peaches to peel & freeze, but I'm almost too tired to do it tonight. Had a hard time falling asleep last night. Morning came much too soon.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu I did read about needing to do that but my phone turns itself off about 47% so around 50 I charge it to 90s. It never will get to 100

Thx for thinking of me tho

I am so mad. I got up early. Hustled to make house presentable for the mold estimate and 10 min b4 she was supposed to be here she canceled.

Sick so I guess I should be glad she canceled and didn't make me sick

I'm so exhausted. The fatigue from the medicines is really knocking me out. I remember trying to be happy about herxing. That's what they call it. Many of us are post Lyme and there is a reason for that. There is a relationship between these infections and Lyme. They go to get her. Its
based on new studies about borrelia and nematodes. If anyone wants to read about it I can tell you what group to join. If I come across study ill post it in medical. Maybe it has already been posted

I was at beach 11 hrs yesterday. Etta got her hair cut and I bought water shoes and 2 scarves. I never wore scarves but i never got my fake books although if I could figure easy way to wear scarf so it covers where I'm flat it might be easier. Its very hard to get dressed now. Left shoulder is so bad. I'm wearing skirts and easy pullivertops or button front ones daily

I'm gonna go read what you guys have been up too. Did you see my crazy fb page. Shooting too close to home

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Lemon Zucchini Bread

https://www.momontimeout.com/lemon-zucchini-cake-recipe/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still sick and in the bed....

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--sorry your mold estimate got cancelled.

Ak--hoping you are well soon.

tutu---recipe looks scrumptious. Wish it were gluten free.

Walked 22 minutes.

Went to library.

Filled bird feeders again. Whoever says "You eat like a bird," has no clue how much birds eat. LOL

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You can probably make it gluten free, hiker. I was thinking of you and LP, who like to make zucchini bread. My mom used to make a great one. Yum.

I will contact Tom about the double posting. I have a feeling he will say he can't do anything about it. I don't know.

AK .. Get well soon!!!!

My sister in law in Houston is also sick with a stomach virus. UGH .. I so dread getting it. Hubby and I were SO sick with it in December when his dad died.

Went to Bible study today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--praying you are feeling better today.

Walked 22 minutes and did about 10 minutes of yard work.

Went to get some produce at grocery store. Had a nice conversation with an elderly man who says he sees me walking in the neighborhood with my trekking poles.

Turns out he lives in the condos I would like to live in. He said it would be a long wait.

Also stopped by the library to grab a book that was on hold for me. There is a sweet corn festival this weekend in that area and I figured there would be no parking then.

I can't run out of books to read!!!

Pretty toxic again today but taking one day at a time.

See energy healer tomorrow. Praying that storms do not come as predicted as I hate driving in rain. She is about 70 minutes away.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hear ya on the rain. Hubby had to drive his motorcycle from the city today in the rain. He doesn't want to do that again.

Had acupuncture today.

Gotta stay stocked in books, hiker! I am way behind on my reading. I guess I should turn my danged TV off.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was worse today with a fever of 102.9. Went to walk in clinic diagnosed with sinus infection so on Augmentin XR and cough suppressant.

Symptoms overlap with pneumonia so on high dose and was told that should cover both.

Feel lousy and unable to take my Mom and her BFF to ATL tomorrow for an errand.

Please pray for travel mercies for them.

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh, AK .. I sure hope you get better very very soon! that is so miserable!

Travel mercies for Mom and her friend. Is her friend driving?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Rainy today, but it let up for my drive to the energy healer and for the drive back. Thanks, God.

Ak--Hope your mom and friend are home safe. And hope you are feeling better.

lp-how are you doing?

No exercise to speak of today. See you tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still down for the count but cough med helping.

My poor Mom drove and we prayed before she left.

Thank God they're home safe and sound!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked a little over 20 minutes this morning.

Yesterday it didn't get out of the 60's. today it is sultry and near 90.

Did some cooking and freezing. You would think that now that I am retired I would just cook each night, but I do some advance cooking.

Otherwise just reading and being a couch potato.

Starting to herx from energy healing yesterday. I bet it is worse tomorrow. Am using some apple pectin hoping to get some toxins from digestive tract.

Last time I tried chlorella and that was not a fun night.

Have a good evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. I'm glad you are feeling a little better and that your mom made it home safely!

Hiker .. I hope tomorrow won't be worse than today!

I didn't exercise all week. Taking it easy with my foot. Hope to get back in action next week.

I went to a fiddle contest last night that was really good. I may go again tomorrow. We'll see. The finals are tomorrow. We had special guests at the show last night.

Also went to lunch in the city with the support group this afternoon.

I hope LP is doing OK. I got a text from her last night. She's not having fun, that's for sure. [Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement