LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » vaccine in Pennsylvannia: need urgent help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: vaccine in Pennsylvannia: need urgent help
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, can anyone answer me concerning tetanus vaccine for students (middle school) in Pennsylvania?

My daughter was chosen to go there for a student exchange, and it seems they are asking for TETANUS vaccine???

I don't want to give her more shots than she already took as a small child (until 2 years old).

What can I do to avoid that? I know Pennsylvania allows religious or strong ethical conviction to exempt studentts from vaccines... But what exactly shall I do? Write a letter stating that?

Thaanks for any help. She's traveling in less than 6 weeks! I live in Switzerland, have no idea how to proceed. Anyone can help, pleease?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not from Pennsylvania, but I would suggest you call the school or school district where she will attend and ask how to proceed.

In the USA, they usually recommend a tetanus shot booster every 10 years. I always decline.

Congratulations on your daughter being chosen for the student exchange. I hope she likes it. Diffferent parts of Pennsylvania are so different from each other.

I loved hiking there, but did not care for the bigger cities.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiker thank you for the tip.

I gotta find who is the responsible there to ask.

And the people here too (the ones organizing the exchange), let's see what they say.

I'm sure she'll love it. She wanted so badly to go. It's only going to be 2 weeks, nothing big, but she's excited.

I hope she won't come back with the US Borrelia strain as a souvenir, though! [Big Grin]

I'm going to load her with Borrelia nosodes before the trip.

Thank you! [kiss]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, call the school district main office. Best wishes!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go Brussels...

The law in PA, complete with instructions and sample letters.

http://pamfa.org/index.php/vaccination-exemption/

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Tincuppy! I just printed the letter, I knew someone from lymenet would have something!

You're an angel!!!!

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sitting here a few minutes ago and I said... out loud... ou ou ou!!! Then I laughed.

Thinking about you. While updating my Lyme vaccine website tonight I came across a ... well... this. Stanley Plotkin.

https://sites.google.com/site/lymevaccine/stanley-plotkin

McStupid is his good buddy... evil travels in pairs? Anyhow, look at the bold sections, just skim through, and notice the connections to Pennsylvania.

You will also see this delightful vaccine pusher and profiteer has ties to Hopkins (Auwaerter), multiple vaccine companies, the IDSA (he's a jolly good fellow there), and other unpleasant places.

Stanley Plotkin actually has a youtube video asking for people to donate to Voices for Vaccines. My first thought...

Why doesn't he dump some of his millions in their bank account if he likes it so much?

[Big Grin]

The GROUP appears to only have 2 parent members and is... quote... a "parent-driven" website promoting vaccines, but it has Plotkin, Offit, etc. on the "Board". Yeah, right.

Kind of like the fake ALDF.

When I saw your post it reminded me and got me thinking vaccine pushing should be BIG time in PA just because he is there.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I love that, Tinny.

2 parent members, that sounds awesome!!! [Cool]

They are a joke. I tell you, vaccine pushers are getting afraid of anti-vaccine groups.

Glad there is free-choice in PA yet.

I just checked the laws in Germany - as I was not sure WHO was asking for that damn tetanus shot: Germany or the US.

In Germany, there is no obligation, parents are free to choose. That is CLEARLY stated in the law.

I just found some amazing info about Polio Vaccine in India...

Almost 500,000 CASES of paralysis DUE to oral vaccine, and that only in India.

"The study suggests that OPV were responsible for inducing paralysis and speculates that "repeated doses of the live virus vaccine delivered to the intestine may colonise the gut and alter the viral microbiome of the intestine". "

Oral polio vaccine linked to 490,000 cases of paralysis in India

These vaccine companies will dump their failure products in 3rd world countries and who is paying now?

500,000 children and their families.

This article asks:

If India is polio free, why are children getting paralysed after oral polio vaccine?

And they still continue to tell vaccines prevent disease?

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it matters at all, I have had a couple tetanus shots, even one a couple years ago, and apparently nothing bad happened to me afterwards.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Good for you, Robin.

my homeopathic doctor told me once, that tetanus is the only vaccine he would still recommend...

I just read that if you have had, at any time of your life, 3 shots of tetanus, you are protected as any other person that is taking loads of boosters, etc

Tetanus is a very different vaccine than others, because it is not to protect against a pathogen, but from the tetanus toxins caused by the pathogen...

My daughter got 4 shots in her first 2 years of life. I don't want her to ever take anything else, not until she's under my care...

She's still fighting food allergies, and knowing what I know today (what is inside vaccines), I don't want want to take more risks.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement