LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE:What can you do today? Sept. 30, 2018

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE:What can you do today? Sept. 30, 2018
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep...it's another week of moving and grooving! What can you do today to get off the couch or out of the recliner?

Let's bust a move this week!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walked 23 minutes with trekking poles.

Cooked up some smoked sausage with carrots and sugar snap peas. I wrap them in foil and put them in oven. Also cooked a chicken breast.

Am doing several loads of laundry today.

If the wind cooperates, I am heading to my deck to read a bit and watch the birds.

I love autumn--no AC and no heat on. Hurrah! Back into the 80's tomorrow.

Mammogram tomorrow at hospital. Parking is impossible so probably will use free valet parking. Praying no issues, since this summer has been full of health issues.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went for a short walk today.

I feel kind of guilty that the rest of my family is in the woods moving huge pieces of trees, and I'm sitting here inside because I don't want to get ticks in the woods.

I really should have just put on bug spray and gone and helped but I forgot I had the bug spray until just now. Probably selective amnesia.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won't step a foot on grass unless forced to. NOPE. Been there and done that.

Be happy for your amnesia, 248.

No walking for me. Still struggling with my foot issue. Doctor wants me to have a bone scan, but will talk to my family doctor first. Not sure it will help diagnose anything.

Apparently, my stress fractures have been there at least 6 years, but the X-rays are different from 6 years ago.

I may go to hubby's show again .. or stay home and pack up stuff for the impending work to be done on the condo. Not everything was packed away. It's just in the other half of the living area and needs to be protected so they can move things back and forth.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu-I'm sorry about your foot.

I hope the re-modeling goes well.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One load of laundry and grilled steaks, made air fried baked potatoes, sauteed zucchini, squash and red onion and made a salad with homemade dressing for dinner.

Josh came over with homework and ate dinner then beat his midnight deadline by 30 minutes to submit it all online.

We visited briefly.

Way to go on the walking Hiker! Your dinner sounded delicious, especially the peas! Hope the mammo is negative.

I worry about ticks too L248. I wear long pants and shirts with socks and gloves all year long. Plus a bandana and hat and then spray all over with Deep Woods Off. When I come in I shower with hot water.

That sounds like a ton of work TuTu! Funny I was in the outside storage shed with my Mom today thinking I need to go through my things. I detest packing and unpacking. I've done it so many times in my life that I'm just sick of it. Hope it's not to dreadful for you.

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lyme248--I am hesitant to go in the woods. Last summer when I "hiked" I stayed on a paved trail. I totally cringed when I saw a woman walk through tall grass to take pictures of wildflowers.

Tutu--Glad they are starting on the condo. Hope you don't have to live in a motel for long.

Bummer about the foot. Can you ride the exercise bike or whatever they call it these days?

AK--grilled steak--yum.

Went for mammogram this morning. Ended up in parking garage and did long walk to get to hospital, but that's ok.

Already have the results. They send results by email if all is ok. YEAH!

Walked 23 minutes after lunch. Legs feeling heavy again but I am determined to get out and exercise in some way.

Off to work on Bible study.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i cant believe i can get on here...i remembered that i couldnt im having a real hard time with the new phone and thought i would have abreakdown this morning asked tutu for help on phone...but she is busy packing and moving then my neighbor helped a little but mostly i decided to ruff it and live without the phonw as much as possible

so phone i can hardly use

tv totally wacho...cant fix ...cant get them on line

tried to get old carrier backand it is 25 more a month and i have to sign up for 2 yrs so forget that...i coundt on tv like books to give me a brak from my brain...but since my eyes are often very bad now tv is i
easier...

i need to sort out how to watch stuff online...i havent spent time ding that yet... i cant pay 140 for tv that doesnt work...but i also cant even get them to pick up phone to turn it off i may have to turn off at bank...so i wont have internet either...this is CRAZY!!!!!

well hiker that is good news about the mammagram

i dont go in woods either and keep my lawn very short and im more careful when wet and cool and rainy than when super hot

ak...what is air fried baked potatoes,?

hope everyone has a goood night

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--What kind of phone did you get? Take it back to the store and have them help you with it. I had to have the man at the store come out to my car to connect it to Bluetooth.

I had to have my students at school help with my phone when I first got it. If you just paid for a new one go back and get help with it.

Don't give up on the TV. I don't know which company you use, but keep trying to get ahold of them.

You need internet, since you order stuff online and can get movies etc.

For me, my T.V., phone and internet are items I will not give up. Sometimes you need them to keep you sane, to laugh at funny movies or shows, and to communicate with friends.

Hang in there.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

5 minutes of stretching then about 30 minutes on the elliptical doing the interval setting. Cooled down walking 2 laps.

Sauna for about 12 minutes then showered.

Oh, forgot to mention I'm wearing velcro weights on my wrists while working out for extra oomph.

So glad your mammo was negative Hiker! Way to go on the 23 too! My GP said exercise helps lower LDL so I'm trying to be more diligent in getting to the gym and being more active at home. Sure is tough getting started on a routine.

My Mom bought an air fryer Kayak. Circulates hot air and you can 'fry' with little or no oil. So I pierced the potatoes with a fork and rubbed them with olive oil and pink salt and cooked them about 50 minutes. They were delicious and tasted like they came straight out of the oven.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK-I thought hot air frying was when you throw the spud in the air outside in the hot temperature of the south. [Big Grin]

Wow, AK, am impressed with the wrist weights. Maybe I should do that but not sure how to work it with trekking poles.

Walked 23 minutes.

First part of day did not go well. Started at 5 AM by knocking a big glass of water off the night stand, so had to get up and get that cleaned up.

Noticed I am starting to get an ingrown toenail. Very red. So, soaked in hot water and Epsom salts. Still have ringworm on leg.

Went to "functional chiropractor" He thinks all these things are coming up such as the ringworm, were already there, ready to pop out--just hidden by Lyme. Guess you call it peeling the onion.

He thinks I do not detox histamine well from all the inflammation I have had. So, he gave me another homeopathic and said to give it a month or two. He doesn't want to change my diet, yet, and he feels I will just lose strength and this may be temporary. Sure hope so. This did not show up last month.

He kept saying he sees this as all good. That my body is trying to return to normal. That may or may not be true, but sure didn't sit well with me.

I have been having sharp pains in my left eye. No blurriness and no headache. Called eye doctor and got in tomorrow afternoon. Tech said she thought it might be due to my dry eyes, so I am trying to use the eye drops. I get more on my face than in my eyes. [shake]

I want to be very careful as I have acute angle glaucoma. They did the laser surgery last summer to put a hole in each iris to drain fluid. I am sure they will check the pressure. The holes were still open when I went to eye MD in June.

Stopped at Kroger for organic meat.
Then to old ENT office to sign release papers to get my health records to his new office.

Worked over an hour on Bible study and still not done with today's lesson. I need the Cliff Notes for Ezekiel!

Off for another round of eye drops and back to my study.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Hiker-I hope you start feeling better soon. I hate that feeling when you feel like your body is trying to get back to normal, but it can't.

I haven't been too good about exercise this week, although I always travel heavy and I'm sure lugging around my huge bag is giving me strong arms. The strap is coming off it's so heavy.

The next thing I know, my cat will jump inside and I I'll bring her too (my cat just loves bags, boxes and pocketbooks, and won't hesitate to pull out the contents, if she feels like chewing on them). Sometimes she bites corners off of papers.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a cool cooker AK

Hiker I go back and call him all the time. I am very slow learner. Poor memory. And I freeze if I’m in a hurry. Can’t even make call

I’ve been coughing all day. My mold cough. Now I’m wheezing

Handyman was called by couch company. He came and put new legs on couch. It’s better but I still need it up another2inches. Maybe I lie use a pillow. Maybe 2x4 under legs

I did dishes for 2hours and a little laundry

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

5 minutes of stretching then 31 minutes on the elliptical with my velcro weights on my wrists burning 300 calories. 2 laps to cool down and 15 minutes in the sauna.

Noticed knee, shoulder and back hurting last couple days. Tried to wean myself off pain pills, muscle relaxers and sleeping pills to no avail. Still took half of each.

Might try swimming tomorrow.

Laughing out loud as I pictured southern air fried taters Hiker! Wonder if taters get hot enough outdoors to play a game of real 'Hot Potato'? Kudos on another 23 done! Also I used tinactin for ringworm with great results. Sure hope your histamine isn't high! Also when I had my eyelid surgeries it caused dry red painful eyes(lids didn't close all the way). Drops and ointment helped solve that problem. Oh, and good luck with Ezekiel!

Hauling around luggage definitely is on our exercise list L248! Your kibbie sounds adorable!

Oh no Kayak, not mold symptoms! Be careful! I don't know if this would work for your couch but how about bed risers. I've seen some at Wal-Mart and home improvement stores. And wow in regards to the dishes marathon you endured today! That would kill my back!

Off to check my TV and surf the net!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--Sounds like you have a fun kitty. I sure do miss mine, although I don't miss fur all over my clothes.

Ak--Cross training is supposed to be good and swimming takes the weight off the joints. Unfortunately, I swim like a rock.

Walked same distance as usual this morning but wind blew me back a bit quicker.

Went to eye doctor. The eye pressure is normal, thank God. MD really didn't have a good explanation for stabbing pain except it could be dry eyes. She has had others with dry eyes complain of the same thing. So I will take lubricating drops 4 times a day.

Enjoyed talking with my friend who took me. We differ so much on politics, but had a great discussion.

Lp--If you bought an iphone and want help with it, let me know. You can email me questions if you want. I know I sometimes get on the computer to find info and have cell phone in hand to figure out what to do.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

My stabbing eye pain is as babesia. Artemisia got rid of it 3 times

Hiker when I am organize I will ask for help

Yes he transferred my contacts but they are all mish mash. They are not filed under first letter so I have to go thru all 200 to for nd who I want

I’m eshausted. I took Etta for haircut. First 3 hours were great sitting by water. Then yellow jackets kept coming in car. New phone battery died and I don’t have car charger

Finally got home and all I could do is crawl into bed. I may go out and lie on couch and watch tv in awhile. I am so exhausted from just sitting by ocean

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Made apple salad and chicken salad for the week and juiced for me and Mom. Today is my typical juicing/fasting day so no gym today.

Switched up because I'm gaining weight! So the new plan is interval training every other day along with heavier house and yard work and fasting on the other days with lighter housework.

Wish I could say it was muscle weight gain but it's not.

Glad the eye appointment went well Hiker. I'm not a very good swimmer especially because of my bad shoulder. Wasn't great to begin with but I enjoy the water. My favorite activity is hiking.

I got a small sting from a yellow jacket the other day Kayak. Of all places it happened at the mechanic shop. Thank God no histamine reaction. Did have one yesterday from eating a pickled stuffed grape leaf. Go figure! Wish I could have been with you sitting at the ocean!

Well, waiting for Josh to call so I can drop off his dinner.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to Bible study this morning. Sure am enjoying it.

Walked about 30 minutes this afternoon with trekking poles.

Such a beautiful day--about 70. Think I will turn on some music and sit out on the deck to read. Not the same as the ocean, though.

AK--feel free to drop off my dinner anytime. [Big Grin]

Tutu--How's the remodeling going?

And eye pain is subsiding. Using eye drops I think is helping. Ringworm slowly improving.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

I went for a short walk today.

I saw a furry black and white caterpillar, and a spider web right out of Charlotte's web. It's amazing how many animals and insects you see if you look closely. I would love to find a cicada skin. I used to hunt them all the time when I was a kid.

I would have loved to have been some kind of insect scientist, but they probably spend all their time studying mosquitoes, so maybe not.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

5 minutes of stretching, 30 minutes on the elliptical, walked 2 laps to cool off then I headed downstairs to the weight room.

Was feeling pretty good so did some inner and outer thigh weights and some rowing. Also managed 20 minutes in the sauna.

Then on top of that I went downtown to a local sporting goods store for the first time. Found some excellent hiking boots and a small back pack. Didn't buy them, the boots are $165 and the pack is $50.

Talked a long time with the sales girl and she told me about a group called WILD (Women's Initiative For Learning and Discovery)and gave me some handouts.

I think I'm going hiking this Saturday with another group and am interested in the women's group.

Walked around downtown and had a blast! Listened to some outdoor musicians and had a beer.

I'm very jealous of your cooler weather Hiker! It's still in the 90's here and on hiking day it's supposed to be 92! I'm glad to hear the eye drops are working and that ringworm is clearing up. BTW, I'd be so happy to drop off dinner anytime!

Thanks for sharing L248! We're on the same wavelength today. I was looking at leaves in trees and clouds today thinking how beautiful they were and that I'm blessed to be able to enjoy them. I'm getting back to my old self and am so happy that I am.

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--Farmer's almanac says the more black on the furry caterpillars the worse the winter. All the furry ones I have seen lately are all black.
Yipe!

Ak--Wow! I am impressed with your workouts. Hope to be like you someday. [Big Grin]

Aren't the prices of shoes and boots outrageous? Hope you enjoy the hiking.

Stopped by the library to return books this morning and grab one more.

Grocery shopped.

Walked 22 minutes. Managed to get it in between rain storms. We really need the rain, so am not complaining.

Think my BFF is coming by tonight.

Have a great evening!

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--Farmer's almanac says the more black on the furry caterpillars the worse the winter. All the furry ones I have seen lately are all black.
Yipe!

Ak--Wow! I am impressed with your workouts. Hope to be like you someday. [Big Grin]

Aren't the prices of shoes and boots outrageous? Hope you enjoy the hiking.

Stopped by the library to return books this morning and grab one more.

Grocery shopped.

Walked 22 minutes. Managed to get it in between rain storms. We really need the rain, so am not complaining.

Think my BFF is coming by tonight.

Have a great evening!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’m here. Accessing this site on my phone is not my favorite thing.

We are still in the motel and will still be here through Tuesday, at least. More fun.

AK, you scare me to death with your food choices! I’ve had trouble with simple things this week. Not even sure what has been setting me off. Today I think it was the yogurt.

LP, I can’t live without my phone charger. That’s where I do most of my phone charging during the day.

Hiker, yes, it must be the dry eyes. I’m glad the drops are helping. I can’t find any that I tolerate, but I use Systane ointment if they bother me a lot.

Hi to 248!

I’m off!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Have you tried Refresh eye drops are Regaine eye drops? No preservatives.

Lp--I bought some extra chargers cheap off of Amazon so I could throw one in my backpack or suitcase and one in my car as well as leave one at home.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Another juicing, broth and tea day so no exercise just the pelvic floor stuff.

Ran a couple errands with Mom and went to Josh's to borrow his old book bag to use as a back pack in the morning.

I'm packed up and ready to try a 3+ mile group hike starting at 10:00 in the morning. Wish me luck!

Neat info on the caterpillars Hiker! In regards to prices of outdoor gear, the boots were Oboz and the pack was a small Osprey. Very well made but a bit pricey for me. Kudos on 22 minutes!

Oh gosh TuTu! Still at the motel! I know you can't wait for your place to be ready. Yes, that stuffed grapeleaf bite scared me too! I didn't know it was pickled. I have an issue with pickled foods.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker ... Yes, have tried the preservative free.

I'm sitting in the condo waiting for Chili's to fix me a salad to go. Did not know it would take them 25 min to make a salad.

Need to go back out on the balcony.

See you guys WHEN!!

Hey LP .. I got my charger at Walmart for less than $10. Try Amazon.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to church this morning.

Then walked 22 minutes and got home just before it started pouring.

Watched Illini football and then the Kavanaugh vote.

Settling into the couch to read.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

The hike today was not for beginners. The pace the group maintained was very fast. I struggled quite a bit to keep up. Checked myself for ticks of course and talked with one of the ladies about Lyme.

I was soaking wet by the end and glad I made it safely. Unfortunately I have heat exhaustion, even drinking tons of water.

I stopped and bought a Poweraide and drank that down because I was so hot and thirsty. Decided to get some plants and while there I got terrible leg and stomach cramps. Asked for the bathroom and I just exploded in there!

So I have nausea, diarrhea, cramps and am lightheaded.

Resting in bed and sipping Gatorade and watching political news.

So proud of myself that I made relatively unscathed. First hike in 5 years!

First they have to grow the vegetables, then harvest them TuTu! [Big Grin]

Way to go Hiker on the 22! What's the temp in your neck of the woods? It's too hot down here!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Way too hot for hiking. Glad you are resting now.

Will be in the 80's here the next few days and then cool down.

Don't get depressed watching political news. LOL

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK... That is a mast cell reaction. 😟

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi. Sounds like you guys are hanging in. I’m having trouble getting out of bed and staying up right. Mold exploded in my house. My brother is coming tomorrow to help me find it. I hope if I see how big area is it will be easier to get someone to work on it. I’m glad you guys are doing better than me. I’m starting to think I might have cancer somewhere I don’t know about. Not sure when next appt is with oncologisyt

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement