LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you can do today: Oct. 28

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you can do today: Oct. 28
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go, gang. Another week of moving and grooving.

I must admit, I was pretty lazy today. A little bit of cooking and laundry.

Otherwise I am being a couch potato.

Have a great week. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for getting us started this week Hiker.

No exercise this weekend.

Down in the dumps today after family luncheon.

[Frown]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took a two hour nap after lunch .. or was it longer than that?

Didn't go to the show because I had a tummy ache on top of the hip pain.

I DID stay home and cut out about 12 blankies for our OCC dolls. I need to buy more fleece tomorrow.

Need to do my Bible study soon because I have a conference call with our Cameroon ministry tomorrow night. Bible study is Wed afternoon.

Hiker .. hope you feel better tomorrow.

AK .. I'm sorry the family luncheon got you upset. [Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 laps to warm up and some stretches then did the elliptical for 30 minutes. Cooled down with another 2 laps then did machines for upper back/ chest and inner/outer thighs.

Sauna wasn't turned on so flipped the switch and did 15 minutes on a recumbent? bike so it could heat up. 15 minutes in the sauna and a quick shower.

Thanks TuTu! My SIL called to say they were going to be late, so I asked how late and when they arrived at the restaurant we were waiting at they wouldn't speak to me. Ridiculous!!

[Eek!]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to energy healer this morning. She said I still had a bit of H. pylori. Grr. Will continue with mastic gum and DGL and bland diet.

Guys started putting in new windows today. Big glitch. Three of the windows are the wrong size. The contractor did not measure each window like I suggested and assumed if I had 2 windows in the bedroom they would be the same size. I am not happy.

More windows tomorrow and door put in Wednesday and then more windows. Waiting on storm doors to come in. May be Christmas.

Guess God is reminding me that I need to have patience. LOL

No exercise today, except odd jobs around house.

Am not used to getting up at 6:30 to get showered and have breakfast before these guys show up.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GRRR ... AK, what was up with THAT????

hiker .. Oh yeah. I have had to use my patience now more than I did when I was teaching!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too. I’m very clear that is lesson I need to have. It’s taken no me awhile to get it

Well that is awful hiker. I’m finding problems as the windows settle and installers blame it on manufacturers and visa versa.

AK and tutu are like energizer bunny’s

I woke up feeling really good and got going on my little st and then lots of things went wrong. I thought I was picking up my new shoes with lifts wen. But today they told me they didn’t order the shoes and my insurance wouldn’t pay. But my insurance will pay if it is medical reason. Why else would someone want to wear ugly shoes?

That got me off track from finishing putting house back together. I’m not very motivated. The closest shoe ppl are 90 min away in Maine.

Tomorrow I have to figure out what to do. I also have to decide which bank to go with for loan. I hope they are keepers ngvup with stuff

It’s going to be warmer the rest of week so I already decided I’m going to play in yard tomorrow. Soon after I have to finish house.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. Can you call your health insurance to verify that they will pay? Then call the shoe people back?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ran several errands.

Walked 23 minutes.

Oiled teak desk after window guys left. Am putting that room back together.

They put in 3 windows today. Tomorrow they are putting in the new front doors. But they still have 10 windows left to do.

Very toxic today. Think energy healer killed off some H. pylori yesterday, Slowly but surely I think I will get rid of this bacteria.

Lp--hope insurance will pay for your shoes.

Ak--Are you feeling better after your family "stuff"? Way to go on your exercise!!!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, hiker. Putting stuff back together is hard work.

Our friend who had bid on our place came over today to pick up the HEPA filter he loaned us. He wouldn't even take gas money for doing it!

He was appalled at the job our construction crew did. What's sad is that they paid them about the same amount of money he had bid for. [rant]

Anyway, they are coming back Monday to finish touching up the paint and the staple holes.

The adjuster texted me to tell me he is sending the money for the motel, food, carpet and pad. I'm very anxious to find out how much credit we were given for the carpet. Our vinyl is on order from Germany!! Woot. I can't wait. It's really beautiful.

I went to the city for acupuncture and then went to my PCP for a follow-up on my hip. He's ordering a regular X-ray, but said if it's inconclusive, then we will do an MRI.

We could have lost our doctor. He has been out for two months. (I just found that out last week!!) He was in the hospital for a month and was reacting to just about every med they gave him.

He has a clotting factor and had a big clot. Had to have 3 ft of his colon removed. He lost 30 lbs in 31 days. All in all, he looks pretty good. Whew!! Sure don't want to lose this guy!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Oh crap.....forgot to hit add reply and lost everything. Later gang when I can figure out what I'm doing!

[bonk]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol] [hi]

See ya tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went and voted early.

Walked 23 minutes.

Worked on Bible study at library.

New front doors are in. Mike has to paint trim. I did some touch up painting around the doors.

New screen doors tomorrow and more windows. I am tired of this already.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

So thrilling .. NOT! LOL .. I know the feeling! You will probably save a lot of money on utilities!

Still waiting to see how much they are sending for the carpet and pad. Had hoped to get it today.

I had to buy another shower mat today. The first one was not sticking and it was SCARY getting out of the tub yesterday.

So now the second one is so toxic that it is sitting out on the balcony. [Smile] So I think I'll order one on Amazon and use this one until it comes in. I THINK I found a safe one, but who knows.

Anyway, DON'T buy a vinyl one. SO toxic!! Bed Bath and Beyond had few options, as far as I'm concerned. UGLY too.

Got my X-ray today on the hip. Just trying to pin down the problem. May still need an MRI.

We are setting up for the OCC packing party tomorrow and Friday. I'm getting excited! Just pray that I survive it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu. I can’t have those shoe ppl do my shoes. They are all so mold sick they get everything screwed up. And I realized I don’t want to risk shoes from that office it is so moldy. I was sick for 2 weeks after that appt. they were supposed to call me if Ins wouldn’t pay for shoes and the didn’t do that. They just let everything hang. I’m trying to find better company but I also need to find new Podistrist. I’m working on it.

Problems keep happening with both banks. I had an appt with a bank manager today and she left work early. Ten minutes after she told me to come in

So I will continue to work on that tomorrow

So much going wrong. My sister lost her job after 18 yrs. all about reorganization and making more profit for company

The whole world is wacky. I am doing well on the infections I am fighting. Every time the herx calms down I have to up the doses. That happens Saturday. So it’s been easy for about a week

I looked close at my siding and found problems. There are spaces where water can come in cuz they cut it wrong. It seems no one cares about doingvthings right anymore
I’m so tired of looking for workers and trying to get them to do things right.

There were 2 nice days and I wanted to work in yard but I was out a total of an hour walking etta and I threw some dead branches that fell into my yard over the fence. And put in a few stakes for plow guy. That’s it. Then back to paperwork

Tutu I’m curious about the flooring from Germany

A k I’m sorry you’re having a ruff time

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry to hear, kayak .. my flooring salesman has a 2 1/2 inch difference in his leg length. OUCH! He said he's tried the shoe thing but it just didn't work out for him.

Here's the flooring product from Germany. Ours is Michigan Oak (color) .. Can't wait. I just pray it will not bother me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fESqN8sy9Wo

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Changed up my workout routine a bit because I drank to much last night.

Walked 2 laps each to warm up and cool down. Skipped stretching and did 10 minutes each on the recumbent bike, elliptical and stair climber. 10 minutes in the sauna and a quick shower.

Picked up 2 pizzas later and headed to Josh's to watch a scary movie for Halloween.

Kudos on the 23 Hiker! Loved your new doors! We need some new windows also but that's gonna have to wait.

Hope you survive OCC 2018 TuTu! I watched the whole YouTube clip on the flooring and love it! Seems so easy to install. That Michigan Oak is a beautiful choice!

Hope your sister can find another job Kayak. I worked at one payment processing company that was letting go a lot of their long term employees. It was really sad! Job security is getting harder to find. Oh, that insurance company I was going to work for part time last year is closing because the agent is retiring.

Hugs and kisses all around! Night!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu. It looks really good. It wouldn’t work for my house but probably will for yours. I hope you don’t have to use the glue

I’m a little bummed. I’m doing my best to stay on top of bank and shoe stuff. I know my brother did an excellent job fixing the mold spot. But after cleaning everything. Changing filters etc. I still occasionally get whiffs of miold and if I ignor it my tongue starts to tingle similar to my mcas reaction and I get my typical dry mold cough.

It’s happening in open area where I planned to spend most of my time this winter to cut down on walking and save money on heat. My bedroom is still cleanest room as far as air and I can go in there for a few hours and deep breathe with air cleaner on and all symptoms go away

I can treat room where many of smell comes and goes with thieves dehumidifier and air cleaner. And fans blows my out too. But this has been going on since a few days after my brother finished. I sense it’s in an interior wall Between large are and hall and extra bedroom. This wall has never been cut open to check like all the exterior walls. I did have plans to cut this wall back a few feet so Wc can get into hall and closer to bathroom(just thinking ahead). But I really didn’t want to do it before finishing kitchen sink area where I know I have a leak.

Idk. I feel weary. But I know so many mold and mcs people who can’t find anything reasonably safe to be in

I guess I need to focus on getting home equity so I can pay off high interest cards etc and have a few bucks in the bank to try to finish the last few projects.

I really don’t think I will find anyone to do it right. I think I have to psyc myself up and find the problem myself and hope I can find someone to put it back together correctly

I just found another problem when moving clothes around. In my closet the guy left 1/2 to 1 1/2 inch gaps and that is plenty of room for mice to get in as well as bugs

I just feel so tired. I have money to pay but the help is so bad.

Hiker. I hope things work out with your project. You are stronger and better at thinking and talking than me. I’d keep a really close eye and stay on top of things. Make sure it’s right before final payment

A k. I am I still in awe of your exercise. But keep it up. And the partying too! I remember when I could do so much more.

I always try to remember those worse off than me. I have a new friend bed bound in nursing home. Very smart woman. She helps me with her knowledge and I send her little things to make her a little more comfortable

Then last week 2 doors down a couple with the nicest house in the neighborhood had a fire. When their daughter came back from college they plugged her little fridge in in the cellar. There was an electrical fire. I thought it was small but everyday there are more inspectors and now a huge dumpster and it looks like they are gutting the cellar. They had just remodeled it last year

So everyone has problems. Just got to push thru. I miss time with flowers and beach. I hope I can get back to that soon

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp-sorry you are having so many problems with your house.

Workman came again today. The storms doors were not the ones the contractor ordered for me, so back they go and I will have to wait.

They put in 5 more windows and have a few more to do tomorrow.

Why is it that no one takes the stickers off the windows or the screens and they are so hard to get off now. Grr.

Bible study group met for 2 hours this morning.

Went to chiropractor.

Shopped for books for charity.

No exercise per say, but I am very tired.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. Is the mold smell from the leaky area, maybe?

NO GLUE on my flooring!

TIRED... worked 3+ hours at church. Then Physical Therapy.

Need to go to bed. More hours at church tomorrow. We have all the tables set up, boxes are ready. Now we have to move everything in there. Tons of stuff!

We have 344 empty boxes .. so we'll see how many we can fill!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just an errand and grocery shopping day with Mom. Went to another 12 step meeting with my friend this evening and that was it.

Hope you find out where the mold is coming from Kayak. I thought I figured out where our moldy odor was coming from but have noticed black chunks on the floor by the vents. Oh no!

Missed a book reading/lecture at the library today Hiker. Both of us have books on the brain! The author of True Grit was at our main library and hated to miss him.

Hope you guys fill all the boxes this year TuTu! 3 hours sounds like a long shift.

Well, off to sleep I hope!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I did notice some moldy smell from old papers I’m dealing for loan. I was really hopeful that if I packed them all up I would stop reacting. It’s hard to be sure. I’m cleaning more and waiting for bank to tell me what they need next. It’s pouring buckets outside

I’m concerned about Etta and the coughing. She vomited what really looks like worms to me but vet says no. Second time. I’m really getting disgusted with all docs. Human and pet

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Everyone is so busy. Me, too.

Up at 6:30. Inspected new windows to make sure they all worked properly. Took stickers off screens.

Guys came to put in one more window. They were supposed to put in 2 new panes of glass in my bay window, but the panes had been put in wrong with nails and Mike was afraid to take them out lest he tear up more than he should and I would have no window there at all.

So, I will have to order individual windows, but can keep the frame. That will be for spring. He still needs to put in 3 windows and storm doors when they come in in a few weeks.

He was so kind today. Since he was up on scaffolding he washed the bay windows. All clean. He also put some screws in edging on eaves to keep it in place and some screws at corners of house where aluminum siding was slipping.

So, despite some problems with this massive project, I would hire him back in a heartbeat.

Went grocery shopping. Quick trip because their produce truck didn't come yesterday. Couldn't even get lettuce.

Made meatloaf and put in freezer.

Vaccumed entire house.

Cleaned last piece of patio furniture and put it in garage.

Checked fluids in car and added oil.

Spray painted star decoration to hang on door when I get a door hanger. Old door had a nail in it, but the window in the door won't allow for that.

Going to pick up Chinese food tonight when my friend comes over.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Didn't make it to the gym today. Hurt my other SI joint that hasn't caused problems since 2000. Think it was the stair climber or bike. Too many errands and pain so stayed home.

I really need to clean the house too you guys. I need to bite the bullet and wake up early and just go gang busters one day. Can't remember the last time I polished the furniture and vacuumed.

Hope little Etta is OK!

Chinese food sounds great!

Waiting for Advil to kick in....

[Frown]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Exhausted .. the party is tomorrow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

We are getting some scary weather today. Last time they put up warnings I got nothing but it was bad south of me

I forgot my oldest son was going to sleep here last night. He came with a big truck and trailer to pick up another car he bought to “fix” to race a special way. On snowy dirt roads

I guess he likes the car thing cuz he is so stressed at his computer programming job. And messing with the cars is so different than his desk job it is therapeutic

He was a wreck tho. Over the election. He’s worked at the polling places for years all I know is he feels really stressed and somehow feels like it’s his job to fix this country

I worry he’s too stressed. I’m glad he’s smart and feels a responsibility to give back. But he’s too stressed. Seems like many are. My banking stuff is still goofed up

I was able to make an appt with a new foot doc who says she will do what I need. It’s 90 min away tho. Wen. Weather should be good and it’s in a coastal town so I ll probably come home beach road and relax and breathe some

I feel good about progress I made on house so far. I don’t want to attack last two rooms til bank stuff and shoe stuff is taken care of

A k I guess I stopped regular exercise and even Pt cuz I kept hurting myself. Even swimming. Now exercise is showering and house work... I really try to take Etta out 10-20 min a day but I’m often in Wc or walker. And I haven’t done much gardening or yard work in a long time even tho there are many projects I would like to do. Hopefully with better shoes I will be able to do more soon

Hiker I really hope your project ends up good in the end. That is a big job. Better to get it done in 6 months or so than 6 yrs like me! I know you will be really happy when it is done

Tutu hope you got rest and are ok. Hope the floor project goes well too.

Did u guys see KAM had a great day! Almost an hour walk in woods!!!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Hope that SI joint feels better soon. Don't overdo with the house work. Vacuuming and dusting is overrated!

lp--Sounds like the podiatrist who is further away may be a better option. Glad it is near the beach.

Odds and end chores outside today.

Drained the oil from the lawn mower, disconnected the spark plug and cleaned it up. Put away my front hose. Supposed to snow by end of the week. Argh!

Most of the leaves haven't even fallen. Will get Jim to run his big mower one or two more times and hopefully mulch the leaves.

Trimmed some branches off trees, but my trimming pole doesn't reach high enough and my balance on the ladder is not great, so did not get all the trimming done.

Cleaned unwanted items out of the garage. Filled the bird feeders.

Worked on my Xmas poem and even my Xmas letter.

Glad to hear Kam had great day.

Now off to watch Illini football.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm still among the living.

347 shoeboxes and we had stuff left over. Probably could have packed another 50, but we chose to save the items for next year.

We were all pretty worn out, but we got it done in 4 hours...that's including the pizza party and clean up!

PS .. One reason we stopped is that we ran out of washcloths, soap and school supplies. Those are so essential. So .. we just stopped!

Many times we have gone out to buy more of the essentials (and we did that this morning)... but this time it was too overwhelming to keep going.

Last year's count was 285! [spinning smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Wow, Tutu. Very impressive. So many kids helped.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just got back from ATL. Left at 10:00 this morning to attend World Uchinanchu Day, Oct. 30, conveniently celebrated today.

It's a day that Okinawans around the world celebrate their heritage.

So there was eating, singing, dancing and small programs performed by teenagers.

We had a blast!

Hope your son will be OK Kayak.

Wow! Look at you go Hiker!

Sounds like God is blessing the works of your hands TuTu!

Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It's like the Loaves and Fishes story, hiker!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement