LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you Can do today: Dec. 9

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you Can do today: Dec. 9
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you wriggle, wiggle, walk, workout, wash clothes etc? Tell us about it.

Slept in this morning. For some reason, AK, I have been more tired than usual, too.

Manna--wish I could sew. Never too late to learn, I suppose.

Walked 25 minutes.

Have a great week! [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. Yes, to the Christmas party! I ate too much too!! Going to one for our condo tonight. Hubby has a show.

I can sew, but I gave up my sewing machine when we cleaned out our storage last January. I really don't have any room for one here. I keep getting the itch to sew for OCC.

I decided if I really wanted a machine, I could get a small one later.

Still working on emptying boxes. I only have 10 left. Some of those contain items which go back on the walls. I need help getting it all back up since I don't have the nail holes to guide me in some places.

Hubby only has two shows left for the season, not counting New Year's! Then the boredom sets in! lol

I still need to clean off my balcony for the winter. I'm way behind due to my bad hip. It's getting better. I hope I can do a few more PT sessions beyond my "last" day on Tuesday. We'll see. I have to be able to travel soon.

PS .. My exercise is at PT! I actually did 4 minutes on the NuStep last week.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for getting us started Hiker! Way to go on the 25! I managed to cook dinner of baked country style ribs with cream of mushroom soup, brown rice and green beans. Later Josh and I baked a batch of Pillsbury sugar cookies which he decorated with green and red sugar. They were festive and delicious!

Is a NuStep an elliptical TuTu? Sounds familiar. I sure am enjoying all the Christmas parties this year. My plan to lose weight before Christmas isn't going to happen though.

Hope to hit the gym tomorrow!

Night all!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it's not really an elliptical. Most cardiac rehab and regular rehab places have them. You "push" the pedals forward with your feet.

I love the more elliptical one at cardiac rehab but may not be able to go back there until January. Not sure yet.

The food sounds great, AK!

I've been taking OptiPEA (Amazon) for about 4-5 months now and it's helping to calm some of my reactions to foods. Still struggling with salicyates though. If I eat too much of that, I end up awake all night.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did a 29 minute prayer walk.

Tuned into watch Life Today (Christian show). It featured Christian author and radio host Susie Larson who has battled Lyme a long time. Think I will order her book, Fully Alive.

Caught about 5 minutes of the Talk and it had on Shania Twain, who suffered from Lyme. Both she and Susie gave inspirational messages. Neither are fully recovered but are going on with their lives.

Dropped off my health insurance payment at the school district office. Ran into a couple of former colleagues. So great to see them.

Tutu--Glad the OptiPEA is helping you.

AK-I don't have a single Christmas party on my list this year. [Frown] But I am an introvert, so going out to lunch with a friend is a treat.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow, hiker. That's amazing that you caught two shows on TV that dealt with Lyme disease today. I had heard that Shania had problems with depression. Not sure I heard about the Lyme before.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1st day back in the gym in 4 months ! [woohoo]

My gym membership ran out so I downloaded a free 1 day pass. I did a 1 1/2 nice and easy workout. Very self-conscience. . . I'm SO pale and tired looking. Starting from scratch again.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walked 3 warm up laps then did 30 minutes on the elliptical and cooled down with 3 more laps. 3 sets of 8 on the chest, rower, inner and outer thigh machines. Then a blissful 15 minutes in the sauna.

I'm going to have to check out that OptiPEA TuTu. I'm always looking for supplements, teas, powders, etc. to help with my health. I just started manganese last night and think I need to add pectin and chlorella for detox.

I heard Shania had Lyme too Hiker. Wonder what protocols they followed to recover. Way to go on the prayer walk! As to the parties, they're all ones that my Mom goes to so I'm just chauffeuring and tagging along. It's such a blessing for me to socialize and have fun, I appreciate that she asks me to go.

Hi there BB and welcome back! I'm always getting injured or sick and my attendance here comes and goes. Truth be told....I'm addicted to Lymenet! It's been my lifeline for so many years I can't imagine not being here.

Anyways gang I'm off to watch some TV! See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. The OptiPEA lasts me two months, so it's not that expensive.

Good job, AK and BB!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spent most of the day spinning my wheels trying to get medical things set up for my parents. Of 4 phone calls only one nurse called me back. Grr.

Got my hair cut. Very short, but that way I don't even need the blow dryer.

Did a bit of reading. Am now grilling pork chops and will cut up to put on lettuce with zucchini and dressing.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to the library this morning. I should just have my own room there because I go so often. [Big Grin]

Went to lunch with a retired colleague. We went to Denny's as I had coupons and had breakfast--eggs, bacon and gluten free English muffin. Yum.

I was supposed to get my storm doors installed today but for the second time the wrong doors were delivered. Maybe next week, I will get lucky. I suppose God really wants me to learn patience--LOL.

Have had a headache all day, so took a short nap and have been lazy this afternoon. Finally talked to the social worker at my parent's retirement center and I think she will get some things worked out for my folks. She was not happy that I have called the physical therapist there several times and not gotten a call back.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker, no its never too late to learn to sew. Check the library for a beginners book on sewing. And they do make inexpensive sewing machines that work well.

My girls each have their own sewing machine. I have one and an overlock machine. My sisters & I weren't sure how much we'd use an overlock, so we bought one together and took turns using it.

Eventually we each bought our own because we got tired of waiting on our turn and we found we really did use it a lot!

Shh! Don't tell my girls, but I got them some sewing / pattern books from Homesew for Christmas. I think they'll like them! And then I got some for me too! Can't wait to try sewing a few new things.

We have 2 Christmas parties planned so I need to get a few corners cleaned out.

My Christmas cactus plants are starting to bloom. My MIL gave me one for Christmas soon after we were married. These are started from that first plant.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise today just went to dinner tonight with Mom and Josh. Chili's has a great special. You choose your drink, soup or salad and an entree for $10! All 3 of us have leftovers enough for another meal.

Past 2 days I've had to deal with my ex. He hasn't been paying on our joint mortgage for 6 months so I met him last night to fill out paperwork to start the ball rolling on a short sell.

Property and mobile home is much neglected and will require work to be sellable. So guess what I'm going to be doing for awhile.

The VA and mortgage company want me to take charge since my ex isn't responding.

If I can spruce up the property and sell it I won't have that mortgage hanging over my head.

Coming to your house for dinner Hiker!

My Mom has an overlock machine too Manna. I've only used it a couple of times. My Mom is the seamstress in our family and I'm just the wannabe. I watch YouTube for help myself. I still can't do a zipper and my buttonholes are laughable. Hope your girls like their gifts.

Hi there TuTu!

Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Got up early to go to the ENT. Ear tube is still in which sort of surprised me as I have been off balance. He thinks I have a minor sinus infection. I really like this MD.

Dentist tomorrow--Ugh. We are watching a couple of spots and so I pray I don't need fillings. Haven't had a cavity since I was in my early 20's.

Walked 32 minutes. Warmer here today, so nice to get outside before it rained.

I think I have tendonitis in my right shoulder. I should probably do the PT exercises I did a few years ago. At that time it was the left shoulder.

Took a nap. Only wanted to sleep 20 minutes and ended up asleep for an hour.

Off to read. Watching NCAA volleyball tonight. Illini play Nebraska at 8:30.

AK--I don't envy you having to deal with your old property. (or your ex) [cussing]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, hiker .. you need your own room at the library!

Hope you can get a quick resolution to the sinus infection and the shoulder issue.

My shoulders bother me all the time. I'm gearing up to do more upper body work. They started me on a few exercises to strengthen my core. That involves pulling back on stretchy things .. similar to rowing.

My hip and leg pain was SO much better yesterday and today after my PT appointment on Tuesday. It was officially my last day, but they set me up with three more appointments to finish out the year.

It would have been more, but they have two people out on maternity. I really need this resolved before we go to Texas.

I went to acupuncture today. It really helps.

It's rainy here .. and more to come.

Oh goodness, AK! I can't imagine having to pay a mortgage on top of everything else! I hope you can sell it ASAP!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Super busy day with car issues and grocery shopping. I wrapped almost all my Christmas gifts but still need to find something else for my Mom. She's very hard to shop for because she has everything. I did find a really neat butterknife with holes in one edge to go through cold butter. Found it on Amazon.

Made it to the gym after 5. Walked 3 laps to warm up and cool down. Managed 30 minutes on the elliptical and only 10 in the sauna.

Way to go on the 32 Hiker! Hope your not getting a sinus infection this close to Christmas! I need about $1,000 worth of dental work which includes a night guard. They're willing to do a little at a time thank goodness. Hope your shoulder gets better!

Wish I can do core stuff TuTu. It's a no go for now due to my pelvic prolapse. I'm getting better with the exercises but it's a slow process. Glad your getting relief through nontraditional modalities. I've tried so many different things since coming down with Lyme. I sure have learned alot!

Thank you guys for the well wishes where my mortgage is concerned. It's gonna take a real miracle to resolve it.

Night for now gang!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked 28 minutes in the fog. Fogged in all day.

Cleaned out a few drawers and shelves.

Dentist office called to see if it was okay if I used a different hygienist than my regular one. I actually really like my hygienist. She understands my vertigo issues, works quickly, does not talk a lot and cleans my teeth well.

Other hygienist not as good from my past experience. So, switched today's appointment to next Friday. Apparently everyone likes the hygienist I use!

Went grocery shopping. Picked up my prescription for myoclonus. The brand had changed and that is not good when it is clonazepam. They changed it in October, changed back to what I am used to in November, and now it is changed again.

Talked to pharmacy manager and he said there was nothing he could do as this drugstore, Walmart, Walgreens etc. all use the same distributor and take what is sent. Apparently the brand I was using is no longer being made. Hope this one works.

LP--Did you ever go look at beach houses?

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. I'm doing baby steps core work, like sucking in your belly button and releasing, sucking in again .. You can do that all day long.

Also .. the pull-backs with my shoulders on stretchy things while sucking in the gut. Simple stuff.

Hiker .. We lost our good hygienist. I don't know if she was fired or she quit, but she's no longer there. She was the best one we've had in a long time.

I've been told the same thing about prescriptions .. they take what they are sent. You can have your doctor request a specific brand, though.

We waited all day for two workers to come finish a few things. Got stood up by both. Living in the HILLS is not always a good thing.

I got some shopping done .. in the rain. It was a mess out there. It's been rainy since Thursday.

I need to get busy on my boxes, etc as soon as Wheel of Fortune is over. LOL

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Me and Mom got gussied up and went to another Christmas party with her BFF and daughter. As usual I ate way too much!

Today wasn't a gym day but the plan is to hit the gym tomorrow.

28 minutes is great Hiker! I'm with you about sticking with your hygienist. I get a more thorough cleaning from my hygienist than the other.

Thanks TuTu for posting about your core routine. I think I'll try that too.

Speaking about hygienist my BFF (cleans teeth) from AK is driving through on her way to Tampa with her hubby and wants to meet for lunch next week! I'm so excited! Just had to share my good news with you guys!

Anyways....off to bed! Night gang!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--I now that the MD can write for the brand name of a drug. But the brand I was using is not being made anymore. So, will try this brand and see if it work. If not, not sure what brand to ask for.

Ak--You are the Christmas party queen. Sounds fun. Glad you will get to see your BFF!

Did odds and ends today--some cooking, some laundry, and 10 minutes of shoulder exercises.

Went to a graduation party. The daughter of a good friend is now a college alum. Good food and great people to socialize with.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi i tried to get on all week with phone and couldnt it has been prettty crazy some good some bad

my shoes didnt work so much money for so many docs so much time so much pain so much travel i spent 225 for the shoes and its going to cost another 75 to get them to undo what they did it was docs fault not cobblers i will never get $ back from doc i was so mad i collected all old inserts i could find from shoes and figured out how many to put in side shoe and made the correct size why didint i think f this a year ago and hundreds of dollars ago...oh my my my what a world...

but i got verbal ok on home equity loan signed yesterday closing wed i get $ 24th if nothing goes wrong im afraid to be happy yet i agreed to 4.49 % and they put it down to 4.13 cuz im good customer so all credit card debt gone and my mortgage doubled for 7 yrs but i will be paying way less than i did on credit cards

there arent even any storms but i just cant seem to focus and accomplish stuff today it warmed up and i went outside and cut balsam greens to bring in house...it smelled so good...im a little afraid of ticks i guess i will spray it in the morning and let it air out and bring it in when it stops smelling like permethrin

after cutting the greens we ended up havng a neighbor party in the street we have all been inside for 2 weeks cuz it has been so cold it was nice to see them one couble had a fire 2 months ago and has been living with their daughter and sil while house is fixed another had a surgery and someone with big dogs is letting them out at night to poop on other ppls land

im having dental staff problems too decisions to make wish i could find one i like

i feel like dentist just want to do what ever they can to make money and dont care one bit about me im am definitly becoming and old f**t i dont like this world i hve to keep so much to myself to be happy

tutu i am hearing of construction problems all over if your guys ended up doing it right in the end it will be a blessing i have a fb friend from texas with similar problem too yours...its apartment not condo but when they found a leak in ceiling a pipe broke fixing it and she got flooded they wont fix it right just want to paint over...so she has to leave but she is working when chronically ill so not of this is easy for her

i start pt next week for lymph im glad you are feeling better with yours tutu that rarely happens with me but it did once for lower back and once for si joint

oh ak im sorry about the trouble with your ex i hope you can do what you have to and it resolves quickly

can you guys tell im reading your posts backward and then commenting??? its been a long week

so sewing . i used to but at some point fabric got real expensive i tried to salvage my moms old singer that i used as a kid but it got moldy in the moves so i bought a kids maching to do seams and mending...but its still in the box oh well

i have had a few good walks with etta this week last one was at the beach but i could only walk 10 min 3 times my foot feels like it is broken from trying to make the new shoes work but the air was real nice at the beach and we were both happy

hiker i ende up looking at 4 houses they are about a mile from beach i could only see my self in one...maybe i can show it to you guys in the text theres no way i could afford it it was 1.2 miles from beach real cute neighborhood i would smell salt and hear waves at times half mile frm where my brother lives but hous i am in now is half the $ and twice the space plus almost all redone so it would be stupid to move i paid 112 for this place and it appraisd for 206 so its gained some value in 6 yrs i need to saty here

ok i hope i accomplisgh something tonight i dont know what is wrong with me take care

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Made it to the gym and walked 3 warm up and cool down laps. Managed 30 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes in the sauna.

Me, Mom and her BFF along with her daughter and another friend attended a Christmas concert tonight performed by a military band. The show was awesome and included visits from Santa, the Grinch and an elementary school chorus.

Went to a late dinner afterwards and am finally snuggled up in flannel jammies and blankets and watching the news.

Parties are all done so now just need to finish my purse project and buy a couple small gifts for my Mom.

Glad you had a chance to socialize Hiker! I love parties, especially ones with good food!

Hi there Kayak! I liked the house you sent in the text but I agree with you about staying put in your current house, which is adorable! Hope your PT goes well too!

Hugs to you all!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement