LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Checking in , Talked to Cardiac Surgeon Today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Checking in , Talked to Cardiac Surgeon Today
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

Checking in, with some news,as some of you may remember that I've been having Xyphoid process issues.

It seems to have settled on the left side,lower area of the sternum. It never changed to full bone,as is supposed to happen in ones 40's,

so I have a lumped up piece of cartilage, that is on the lower left of my sternum instead of attached to the bottom of the sternum.

Doc says they don't want to remove it, for fear of serious infection setting in[ unless it worsens severely pain wise], this evidently can happen easily.

Since it didn't come off, to where it is free floating,and could poke other organs, it is considered safe, altho' it can be painful and uncomfortable.

It is painful for me, like a semi-permanent sprain/strain. Right now,the treatment is being cautious how I move, not lifting too much,or to often, keeping an ice pack handy, exercising carefully ,and losing more weight.

Doc'[not LLMD] ,said you're still young, and you've already had a lot of issues, we don't want you to have more problems. Thanks for the compliment Doc', and you have no idea about all the issues.

Aside from all that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??? Aaarghh, and Happy Holidays to us all!

Sigh, don't know why life isn't just perfect...but I am glad to still be alive.And on the brighter side of things, TrekC' and I celebrated our 40th anniversary, in early November.

It was sweet and fun, except for a sudden compression concussion. Hatchback van doors are very heavy... which didn't do my Xyphoid process and good, nor mein noggin' neither no... OY.

We also got to have a friend with us who stood at our wedding. Turns out, he's a cousin a couple generations back and none of us had known, so that part was way cool!!

Anyway, that's my news for now. TrekC' tho' is having more problems w/ a broken knee cap, that cannot be properly fixed, and an ankle that is 85% fused, mostly from walking oddly because of the knee problem.

We'll find out in about 6 months if they are going to do surgery on his ankle, if they do surgery he'll have a metal plate in place of the ankle joint. Meanwhile, we are trying to take care of each other, and enjoy the seasons as they come.

Here's hoping your Holidays are good, and more healthful days are coming to each of you!! Merry Christmas from Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news, bad news, huh?

I keep waiting for life to be perfect too. I think it's not going to happen!! [Razz]

I hope over time, you sternum issue will get better. Do you take curcumin or some other anti-inflammatory? Maybe that would slowly reduce any extra inflammation.

The ankle thing does not sound like fun. I am having issues with my feet and my PT said the other day that ankle problems can cause the type of foot pain I have. Have not had a solution as of yet.

On another note: Silver... How many dogs do you have now? How are they doing?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

I do take curcumin, and a fish oil blend too. I had to quit plain turmeric made my stomach and intestines sore.

I am sorry to hear that you are still having foot issues,I have tendonitis in all four limbs now, and I know feet and ankle problems are not fun.

TrekC' is having a lot of issues w/ the ankle,and knee, can you get your feet up and rest them at all? Mine swell at times,and I have to put them up.

TrekC' is supposed to start using a
walker. They finally got him a different wheelchair and that helps some too.

AS to our dogs, we have two, We lost our Chow/Husky/low content Wolf dog in 2012,and I'll always miss her.We still have her little Min-Pin/ Chinese Crested side kick,and he is a riot, but a little arthritic now[12 and a 1/2yrs. old].

Then we got a little shelter dog, in March, she is 1/2 Dachsund and half Chihuahua[ around 7 yrs old.], she had a massive teeth and gum infection,so most of her teeth are gone, But she is a cutie.

Aside from service type dogs, there is a size restriction where we live. Both our little dogs are doing okay so far.

We are saving up for their dental check ups. All tho' little girls teeth are mostly gone, she needs her six month checkup after the oral surgery.And our li'l Buddy hasn't had a check up in a while.

Then it'll be my turn I think...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy belated anniversary Wolfie! 40 years is awesome!

Thank you for updating us on how the two of you are doing.

Wonderful that you have each other to lean on.

Be praying for you guys!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< aklnwlf >>>>>,

And thank you, w/o each other I don't think we'd have survived this long. God knew what we need!!!

Thanks for praying too, it is greatly appreciated!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love your attitude Silverwolf. Just taking one thing at a time is good advice for us all.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to you and your hubby on your anniversary.

Wishing you both a blessed Christmas and New Year!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed the part about the anniversary! Hope it was a happy one! 40 is awesome!

Thanks for updating us on your doggies. They sound like little blessings.

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< kidsgotlyme, hiker', and Lymetoo >>>>>,

Hi and thanks for the well wishes! I haven't been feeling my best, and realized I haven't been back here for a bit.

Both TrekC' and I have been a bit tired,and we stayed home and rested today. There seems to be a bit of a bug in the area,scratchy throat and such.

Been fighting the bug, and trying not to cough. TrekC's voice kinda went a way, right in the middle of choir practice last night. I didn't go, as this Wolfi was already hoarse.

So , LOL, it's sorta been a quiet couple days. Thank goodness the other Choir Director was available. Hopefully next year, I can make the Christmas program. They are always so special, a lot of the kids take part.

I hope all are having a great Christmas and New Years Holiday,and that we all have a healthier year for 2019.

I'm hoping to get where I can go out and do things again. Tho' we had an excellent 40th Anniversary [ except for my compression concussion still have a bit of head pain from that].

Jus' that Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas Wolfi and Treki!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Merry Christmas to you as well <<<<< aklnwlf >>>>>,

Sorry if I missed your name earlier, sometimes my brain glitches a bit.

Hope your season is going wonderfully well!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi and TrekC' too!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to you and TrekC on 40th anniversary [woohoo]

Please take care of yourself and baby your beautiful self. . . We treasure your soul.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< B'Bonnie >>>>>,

Thanks for the congrats', and the kind sentiment too!!!

Tryin' to take care of me, and TrekC too,when he allows it.

Also trying not to think about the pain and pressure of the displaced xiphoid, and think instead about the beauty of the season.

It is actually cold here in Vegas and will be close to freezing by New Years Eve. So I try to dress warmly if I need to be out of house.

A couple of years back it was down to 22 F' in early January. Hoping it doesn't get that chilly again. We left Idaho partly because of the winter cold, snow and ice.

I hope you are feeling better,and each one in Lyme Family is granted better health in the New Year!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement