LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you Can do today March 17

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you Can do today March 17
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!! [Big Grin]

Did my Pt exercises twice today as usual. Shoulder and elbow are in excruciating pain--especially at night.

Energy healer said elbow and shoulder still really inflamed as is my digestive tract. Not what I wanted to hear, but God will see me through.

Went to library again.

Trying to get my dad's email fixed. I really need to drive over there. So, far I have it so he can send, but he still can't receive. Grr.

Tried sleeping in my recliner again last night. Only lasted a few hours before returning to my bed.

I think I need a softer recliner. I hate to get fabric, but this is not comfortable. Would like one that goes back a little further if I can find one.

Also need the lever to be on the left side, so if I have shoulder surgery I can get it to recline. I know there are power recliners, but that means you have to place them near an outlet and for some reason I am not comfortable sleeping on something that is plugged in. [Eek!]

May drop the laser therapy if I can get some of my money back. I paid for 12 sessions to get the cheaper rate, but don't think it is helping much. Would rather put the money towards the recliner.

Anyway, after that ramble, I wish you all a great week. [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 5471 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not rambling at all Hiker! Am very sorry you're shoulder and elbow are hurting so badly. Tried ice?

Yesterday's move of the ex was emotionally and physically traumatic. Ex claimed he couldn't lift things and caused so much drama. So I had to lift large flat screen tv and heavy printer along with numerous boxes solo until the moving guys arrived three hours late!

Been in the bed on pain pills and muscle relaxers since and am staying in bed today.

Almost done though gang, some stuff still there and need to clean but shouldn't have to deal with ex until closing. Just phone contact from now on, thank you Lord!

Mission accomplished getting him off the property! Yay!

Well off to vegetate the entire day!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 4314 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiker .. I so hope you can find a way to get some sleep. Such a nightmare!!

AK .. A BIG nightmare...hoping it will all be over soon so you can put him out of your life forever.

Did I tell you I traded my old Town Car for a Toyota Avalon? Gave up on trying to get the car fixed. It had another leak on the floor board and the unknown got to us!!

We have spent $1000 on the car since January.

We have a good friend who sells used cars in the city and we found what we hope is a cream puff.

2009 Avalon with 71,000 miles. Drives like a dream.

Hey, AK .. I saw a very pretty bright blue Scion iM. I think a lady may have bought it while we were there. It was in the showroom and next thing I know, it's gone!

Going to get to meet someone from here. I'm trying to think of her screen name .. but you all know her.

(Kathy) aka Cathy

--------------------
 -
oops!
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 93502 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the new car, Tutu.

Ak--hope you got much needed rest today.

Did my PT exercises.

Bought a new recliner. Have to wait to weeks to have it delivered but hope I can sleep in it for shoulder.

Workman put in handrail for my stairs so I can hang on with left hand now.

lp--Hope you are feeling better. Take your Benadryl with you to the MD or take it before you go in.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 5471 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, hiker. I really like it. I pray I get used to having a heavy foot with it. You can't tell how fast you are going and I was used to a digital display besides the regular one in my other car.

I may need to get tinted windows too. With my Sjogren's it's pretty important.

I'm meeting "tdtid" tomorrow for hubby's show. [Smile]

--------------------
 -
oops!
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 93502 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to occupational therapy today for my elbow.

Now I have exercises for the elbow to do three times a day along with the PT twice a day.

Good thing I am a compliant patient.

Therapist said my elbow tendonitis was really bad. It hurts when I go to bed and it touches the sheets.

The therapist had some good suggestions on how to prep my house in case I have surgery and said if I bring a large t-shirt and a button shirt she will practice with me putting them on with one hand.

So, I need to go the thrift shop to get a few larger shirts.

Went to chiropractor. Seems these days I have so many appointments. But at least when I go to therapy they have me back to back with PT and OT.

Have a good evening. Tutu--let us know how your time with tdtid went.

--------------------
Hiker53

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.