LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise:What Can You Do Today? March 24, 2019

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise:What Can You Do Today? March 24, 2019
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go gang with another week of shaking and baking!

Anything counts as exercise here! We encourage each other to be as active as we can. Doing laundry, washing clothes, arts and crafts, walking, running, yoga, etc.

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for starting us off, AK. Glad to see you are done packing and cleaning the home you are selling.

Finally slept last night but only because I took Bendryl. Can't take it too often as it dries me out and I get bloody noses.

Did my PT and OT exercises today.

Went to the library.

Dominos pizza has a special of 1/2 off on pizzas, so I am getting a gluten free pizza of $5. Treating myself.

BFF coming over later tonight.

Off to work on Bible study. This is the last study for Ezekiel and it is a super long one.

Have a great week. [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just been vegging out today since church. My hip hurts a lot.

Also a bit under the weather .. so not sure if some of this is just aching. Feels like a bug coming on. Hoping to knock it to the curb.

Not going to the show tonight.

Storms brewing nearby. I can hear the thunder. I think we will escape Round One.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Filled up my car, checked and added fluids and put air in tires. Driving to Huntsville Alabama tomorrow, about 5 hours, to see a friend from Minnesota, who has classes there this week.

Ran a couple errands, got the bugs off the front of Mom's car and made dinner and did dishes. Since Josh came for dinner I grilled some steaks, made baked potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob and a big salad. Chocolate chip muffins and ice cream for dessert.

Hiker did you manage to sleep in the recliner? I didn't know Dominos has gluten free pizza! Love their Pacific Veggie pizza!

TuTu hope you feel better soon! I'll be running into bad weather myself on my trip tomorrow. Coming home on Tuesday and it's supposed to be nice.

Well, off to listen to healing frequencies on YouTube to put myself to sleep.

Night gang!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--Are you feeling better?

Ak-Have fun with your friend. I have always wanted to see the space museum there.

Did my PT and OT exercises.

Ran a few errands.

Funeral visitation for Linda from church.

Heading to a friend's tonight to watch NCAA women's basketball and play with her 6 month old son. I taught with her and really miss seeing her daily.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, doing better. I keep forgetting how much the low barometric pressure affects my pain levels.

Anyway, I have an appointment with my doctor this afternoon.

May go to the show tonight. Hoping the seats won't "kill" me.

My main exercise has been to wash clothes. That's about it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Hope MD appointment went well.

Did quite a bit today. PT and OT exercises.

Got my hair cut.

Worked outside--cut back clematis and picked up sticks from yard.

Vacuumed car.

Went to thrift store and hit the jackpot on clothes I will need for rotator cuff surgery. 3 large button shirts and 3 pairs of stretch pants for $12.

Will head to Kohl's tomorrow to get underwear and bras which I need anyway. Big sale on.

Need to go to one more set of OT exercises and then collapse. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Home safe but the 5 hour drive there and just spending one night then driving home 5 hours today has worn me out!

Not even 7:00 and I'm in my jammies in bed.

My friend and I had a blast visiting 3 breweries and sampling appetizers and local brews. We only managed 3 beers over the course of the evening and finished up the night with dessert and plain old h2o! Time flew to quickly!

TuTu glad you're on the mend!

Hiker sounds like you've been super busy! Way to go on those clothing purchases for your upcoming surgery.

Night gang!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. getting my haircut tomorrow. AK .. it's your turn now. lol

I need to see if Kohl's has any jammies.

Well.... so my doctor looked at my MRI of the hip. It shows there was a TEAR in my cartilage.

So I'm NOT HAPPY that I was told by his office that the MRI was "OK."

All this time I could have been taking collagen or gotten a shot ... SOMETHING!!

He said a steroid shot would not be that good for me since we need it to heal.

We are talking about 7 months of this now.

(my doctor is partially excused because he nearly died back in October and he's not the one I saw for the initial injury)

I'm still mad though!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Your trip to see your friend sounded fun.

Tutu--Oh no! Sorry to hear about torn cartilage.

Energy healing--I do have some candida overgrowth and still some H. pylori left. Bumming me out because I usually eat really healthy and I am losing weight.

Since I am sensitive to gluten and somewhat sensitive to eggs and dairy, I get frustrated. I don't eat a lot of sweets.

Did my OT and PT exercises.

Went to Kohl's. Had a great coupon for intimate apparel, but the cashier said sports bras don't count as intimate apparel. I replied that they go intimately on my body and she just laughed.

Went to Kroger for organic meat.

Heading to church tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Oh no TuTu! Does it mean 7 months of PT or just being careful? Can't believe they told you it was ok! Better baby that hip until it heals!

Guess whose cholesterol and LDL went down? Mine! Still a little high but that coupled with my 26 pound weight loss the doc said I don't have to take cholesterol lowering drugs. Yay!

I was so worried!

The downside is instead of 10 more pounds she'd like me to lose 20-25 more pounds! She said that's closer to the ideal weight.

Well, back to the grindstone!

Just woke up from a nap and thought I was late for that appointment. LOL!

Wanted to share my good news with you all!

[woohoo]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—Hurrah!! Praise God.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. the food struggles. I know them well. [Embarrassed]
That is so unfair about the sports bras. BOO HISS!!

I did find a new pair of pajamas I like. I was really looking for shorts, but all they had were sleeveless sets. I found a pair that has short sleeves with a capri pant.

AK .. Congrats on the cholesterol and the weight loss too!! I will NEVER take cholesterol meds. I wouldn't care if my count went to 350 or something.

AK .. The 7 months is 7 months of PAIN. So tired of it. (actually, I guess it's closer to 6 months...my bad)

I went to Bible study yesterday.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my PT and OT exercises.

Went to Bible study this morning. Last one on Ezekiel. New study this summer--I think it is on part of Genesis.

Filled bird feeders---birds are very hungry these days.

Went to nearby grocery for a few items.

Got a manipulation at chiropractor.

Pain stinks!!! [cussing]

I had planned to do shoulder surgery after my brother came up in midMay. Now he says he is not coming until June. If I had known that I would have had the surgery two months ago. GRR.

I see surgeon next week and think I will try and get it scheduled for sooner.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Sorry I didn't chime in yesterday. Had quite a bit of drama with the finance company that services the VA home loan. Lost some sleep over it but feel better after contacting the VA.

So yesterday I fell way off the healthy wagon! Ordered a medium veggie pan pizza from Domino's and bought some chocolate covered peanut butter rice krispie treats.

Yes....way, way off the wagon!

No exercise either, just vegged at Josh's.

TuTu it is my turn for a haircut but have to skip a month due to my quickly dwindling finances. 7 months of pain is horrible! Pain wears me down and the worse it is the more tired I feel. I bet you can relate to that!

Hiker let us know about that surgery. Are you staying at a rehab place afterwards or do you have help lined up? Sure will be praying for you!

Miss Kayak coming here. Hope her and little Etta are OK.

Well....might wash the cars today because it's such a beautiful day.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did not sleep one wink last night. Right shoulder and elbow are in terrible pain and left shoulder and elbow are starting to hurt.

Was so tired that I canceled my PT appointment although I kept my OT appointment. This is the first day since January 9 that I have not done my shoulder exercises.

I got a wrist splint made at OT which is supposed to help so muscles don't overstretch at night and hurt the elbow.

While I was there a man doing physical therapy had a heart attack and an ambulance was called. Scary.

Some church friends came over and moved some furniture for me to make way for recliner tomorrow.

They also moved out rolled up carpet from under the stairs, so a new water meter can be installed next week. Got out patio chairs, too.

I look longingly at yardwork, but am not able to weed or rake. Sigh.

I will know more about surgery when I see surgeon on Tuesday. Hoping I can stay at my home with some home health care.

Off to read--4 books came in today at the library that I had on hold.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hope you get some rest Hiker and the gentleman at PT is OK too. Stock up on books when you have your surgery.

I washed me and Mom's cars today for exercise. They were both covered with pollen and look so much better!

Well off to watch some TV!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. You are entitled to a one-day food bash. One ... LOL .. I have far too many sometimes!

Hiker .. I hope you can get more sleep tonight. It's so miserable to not be able to sleep due to pain!

Keep us posted on surgery dates.

I have a dental appointment next week about my crown. A piece of it came off this week. Not happy!!

The hip thing .. may have to make an appointment with an orthopedist just in case. I read on the internet (gasp!!!) that surgery is often needed for my issue. Oh joy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Hang in there. You have been really busy. Hopefully your appointments will slow down.

Tutu--I hate going to the dentist. Sure hope your hip doesn't need surgery.

Did my PT 2x and OT 3x exercises. I think on nice days I am just going to do PT exercises once and then go for a walk until I have shoulder surgery. I enjoy walking and want to keep some leg strength.

However, it has rained all day, so no walk.

New recliner delivered. Very comfy. Hope I can sleep in it.

Grilled salmon and steamed broccoli and carrots for lunch.

Am looking into meal delivery for a few weeks when I have surgery. Found a site that delivers prepaid gluten free meals. Called Freshly. A bit expensive, but I don't think I can cook much with just my left hand.

Hanging out with a book the rest of the day.

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement