LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: what you can do today -May 19

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: what you can do today -May 19
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here’s to kicking off another week of exercise. Are you walking, gardening, cutting tree limbs, exercising your dog or your kid goat? Here’s a good place to report it!

After a very painful night for my shoulder I reluctantly did my shoulder exercises. It’s only been 10 days since I’ve been out of my sling and I think I’ve just been overusing it.

I did a load of laundry. Again I packed a bag and threw it down the stairs as I can’t carry the laundry basket. Lost a sock in the process. Finally found it in the washer after I’d dried the clothes.

I cooked a chicken breast, but it is too thick to cut with the scissors and I can’t cut it with a knife. So, when my BFF comes over tonight I will give her the job cutting it up. LOL

Spent the afternoon relaxing, talking with a friend and with my mom on the phone and reading.

Have a great week everybody! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here!

I hope you enjoyed your evening, hiker!!

We went to church .. then out to eat. Then naps .. and tonight I stayed home.

Tired!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu — it’s nice to have relaxing days like you had yesterday.

I went to physical therapy this afternoon. They went easy on me today probably because I was so sore for some unknown reason.

I go back tomorrow which is unusual but I couldn’t get my physical therapist on Wednesday.

My friend who took me today to therapy is a retired teacher that I used to work with and we used to walk every day after school. I probably had not seen her in over a year. She stopped at the library for me to pick up a few books, too.

I did my exercises at home, filled the bird feeders and I’m not sure where the rest of my time went.😉

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for getting us started again this week! Glad they went easy on you today!

Did home PT, triceps exercises and went to the gym and walked 15 minutes on the treadmill.

Also had PT with my therapist who said my neck and SI weren't locked up so I've made some progress. Yay!

Anyways, it's late so I'm off to bed! Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did my physical therapy exercises at home and then went to physical therapy.

The therapist reminded me that this is going to be up and down with the pain. After he was done working on me I had better range of motion then I’ve ever had. Again that will go up and down for a while.

Got my new Bible study for the summer and can’t wait to get started on it. We’re doing part of Genesis. Even writing with my right hand is hard for me, so I’m going to have to be diligent and do a little bit each day rather than do all of it at once.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Home PT and started my pelvic floor strengthening again. Made homemade tahini and cauliflower hummus. Watered plants and turned sprinklers on this evening.

Still a beginner with my Vitamix blender but am enjoying the things I'm able to make with it so far. My tahini was a bit to chunky even after adding coconut oil and water so I need to find a different recipe.

Trying to eat better and you all know how I love to cook, so I have to experiment, a lot!

Hiker I'm so glad that you're improving. It's a long road to recover after shoulder surgery but you'll get there.

Well, off to play a computer game!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu-You crack me up when you say, “I am here.” I assume that means that you are a functional human being and probably busy.

As usual, I did my shoulder exercises and my knee exercises today. Got outside and sat on the porch for a little bit.

I drove for the first time since my shoulder surgery. I could’ve gone for ice cream. I could’ve gone for pizza. I could’ve gone for a burrito as big as my head. But, I went to the chiropractor.

Since I’ve been sleeping in the recliner I really needed my neck and back adjusted. I think I had her adjust every joint in my body except for my right shoulder and right elbow.

Anyway, driving went OK. I have a little bit of trouble getting my right hand on top of the wheel. And a little bit of trouble reaching the gearshift. But at least my car is an automatic transmission and I don’t have to shift the gears.

Guys came to power wash the deck today. They were supposed to come at nine but they showed up before eight and I was sound asleep in my recliner. I’ve just been wearing an oversized shirt and sweats to bed, so at least I didn’t answer the door in my pajamas.

It may be a while before they get to staining the deck because of all the rain that’s going to be coming.

Call the local library and they are going to deliver seven books to me tomorrow. I had requested them at various times and they all came in at once. I know I can’t carry that many books even with my left arm. Such a great library.

I’m off to sit on the deck again and enjoy the sunshine! 😎

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

A super busy day today. Did home PT and triceps workout and then went to the gym. Did 15 minutes on the treadmill, relaxed in the sauna and showered.

Then home to pick up Mom for some lunch and grocery shopping.

Not home to long and then headed to Josh's for a pick up dinner at our favorite Mexican fast food fare at Del Taco. Watched a bit of TV with him and got home around 10:15 and watered plants and turned on the sprinklers for about 20 minutes.

Now it's time to relax!

Hiker I'm so amazed that you're driving and doing OK. What will power you have! I would have gotten a pizza for sure! Happy reading!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Gorgeous sunny day here. I located the Hawks nest and took some pictures from a distance.

My neighbor is upset because she’s afraid they’ll eat the birds that come to our feeders, but I figure it’s all part of the food chain.

I did my shoulder exercises.

Drove to get my haircut. She cut it a little short for my liking but at least I won’t have to go back for a while.

The public library delivered books to my door after I called and said I can drive but I can’t carry the books. I’m so impressed with our public library.

So, since seven books got delivered to me I’d better start reading!

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Home PT exercises and triceps workout then headed to the gym for 20 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes in the 180 degrees of bliss sauna!

It's around 2:00 here and 92 degrees! I'm heading to the library for the Tea and Symphony program that they have for the month of May. I missed the first two weeks!

Hope everyone is doing ok! I know you all have been having some really bad weather.

See everyone later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—You are doing great with your exercises!!

I did my therapy exercises at home this morning and then went to physical therapy this afternoon. I am at about 120° with my range of motion.

Therapist told me I did not have to do my third round of exercises today and I only do one round tomorrow to rest the body a little bit. But he doesn’t want me to lose that range of motion.

I drove myself to the grocery store and shopped. Had to have the guys carry the groceries to the car and get a neighbor to bring them in, but that is progress.

I did a load of laundry.

It rained a bit this afternoon and all the maple tree helicopter seeds clogged up the gutter by the mailbox. So, I waited through to get it unclogged. I need some galoshes. [Big Grin]

I took a closer look at my deck and the guys who power washed ruined some of the wood on my pergola and left marks on the roof of the house and gouged some of the deck and still didn’t get all of the green off.

I sent pictures to the woman in charge of the company and she was very upset and said she would be out on Tuesday. I don’t know how they’re going to fix this because the wood is gouged.

But now I’m going to ask her to stain the Pergola which I wasn’t going to have her do because it’s so expensive and I’m going to ask her to do it for free. Her company did my deck two years ago and did a great job, so I’m not blaming her. But because it’s her company she is responsible.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Heeheee.... Just too lazy sometimes to type anything.

That's a shame about the pergola and deck. I bet they are in big trouble.

Yes, you are amazing, hiker!! You go, girl!

AK .. good job on the exercises.. It's hot here too. I think it was 90 today. I was only out for quick run to WM. Everybody and his dog was there.. .literally!

Glad I went early .. I plan to not return until Monday if I can get away with it.

I went to my pain management appointment yesterday. He ordered PT and I will get a steroid shot in my spine (in June) for two bulging discs.

So fun. Each day just adds one more challenge.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Started yardwork at 6:30 this morning. Raked, bagged and trimmed bushes for about 3 hours. So that's my exercise for the day.

Going out tonight to eat some chicken wings with Josh and maybe my friend Lori. There's a local country music band playing there and Lori just loves them!

Hiker you are really getting around! Have a good time at your folks! Can't believe the damage the power washers did to your place. Sure hope they repair the damages!

TuTu it seems like there's always something new to deal with! Sure hope PT helps with those bulging discs.

Well...off to watch the rest of Star Trek the movie.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH BOY ... LIVE MUSIC! My favorite!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my shoulder exercises this morning. Therapist said just to do them once today.

Cleaned out the storm drain again by the mailbox.

My BFF drove me the hour to my folks. Worked on some financial stuff for them.

Celebrating Dad's 96th birthday. My friend will come get me after dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement