LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you Can do today June 9

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you Can do today June 9
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps today you are strolling the beach or gardening, or doing laundry, or …

Whatever your movements are we would love to hear about them!! [Smile]

I did my shoulder and knee exercises.

Still struggling with stairs, so neighbor came to help with laundry. Wish I had a spot upstairs for washer and dryer, but I don't.

She did my large load of laundry and then later this afternoon I braved the stairs and did a small load of laundry.

Have a great week! [hi]

[ 06-09-2019, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Church this morning, napped and read this afternoon, and a birthday party for my brother this evening.
Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Hiker and thanks for getting us started this week!

I did my home PT and arm workout today. Relaxed a bit today then grilled some boneless country style pork ribs for dinner. Couldn't get the hang of a wood charcoal fire so finished the ribs in the oven. Sides were oven roasted red potato wedges and green beans.

Manname sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing day too!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Church on Sunday, then out to eat. No exercising going on due to my back issues.

Not looking forward to a steroid injection and I may chicken out. Or is it "back" out?

Headed to the store soon.

My friend's wedding is just about ready to go. I think we just have to get the balloons on Friday to mark the place to turn for the church.

And she will pick up the cake and cupcakes on Friday as they head to the rehearsal.

We have a high mold count here today and it's kicking my behind.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did my shoulder and knee exercises.

Surgical shoulder very sore and good shoulder not much better. Sigh.

Still not feeling well and not doing stairs well.

Did hire someone to put in railings on my porch, so I can manage steps. He may get to it this week or next.

Tutu--Can't believe the wedding is this weekend already.

Very windy here--spent the day inside doing this and that.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rainy day here. Did a little sewing & mending this evening.

Supposed to be sunny tomorrow. With today's rain, the weeds should be easy to pull tomorrow.

Hubby has a tickle in his chest that causes him to cough sometimes. Hopefully next weeks chiropractic adjustment will straighten it out again.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Home PT and arm workout. Then took Mom to her PT appointment and afterwards we ran errands and ate lunch out.

Glad you found someone to do your railings Hiker! Hope you feel better soon!

Wow TuTu! The wedding is this weekend? How exciting! About that shot...is it in your spine?! I'd chicken out too! I was supposed to have one in my foot for the neuroma I have between my toes, but the doc said the shot was 'intense'. Needless to say I opted out.

Hope your hubs feels better Manname!

Off to watch TV. Night everyone!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my ... AK .. I've had probably 8-10 shots in my feet. I think hitting the neuroma would be over the top. OUCH!

Yes.. in the spine.

I know .. Can you believe the wedding is this weekend? She got her daughter's shoes and her own hair adornments today ..and some earrings for her that are nearly identical to her engagement ring!

So we are pretty much ready .. I think!!! Thank God for Prime! I ordered the guest book and the cake topper yesterday because we had slipped up. I thought I had ordered the topper.

We had picked it out last week. And I thought she had found a guest book. Both items will be here by Wednesday.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't stand any type of shot. I hate needles.

Did my shoulder and knee exercises this afternoon.

Went to chiropractor this morning. The stairs were a lot easier this morning.

The manipulation kicked more toxins loose, so I am glad I did my one errand before I saw her.

I am icing both shoulders now. Hoping the left one can hold out until the right one is strong. And that will be months from now.

Was hoping porch railing would get started today but it didn't and rain is coming tomorrow.

Beautiful day here. I elected to sit out on the back porch and listen to a podcast and read rather than do yard work. LOL

Worked on my Bible study. I am going to miss this week's session due to MD appointments, but I am caught up and then some.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Did my home PT then went to the gym and did my 30 minutes on the treadmill. Sauna wasn't working today so didn't get to slow bake myself.

I went shopping at Goodwill and Marshall's. Bought 4 tops and some white linen comfy pants at Goodwill all for $18! My one top from Marshall's was $8.

I was cringing as I read your post TuTu! I don't know how you survived all those shots in your feet! And yes, thank God for Prime! They are my go to site if I can't find something locally.

So glad you're feeling better Hiker! I don't blame you for opting to enjoy your beautiful day! I had to talk myself into going to the gym today!

Well, off to watch some TV.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. I couldn't walk for more than 50 ft for two years. I was completely miserable and willing to do whatever it took to be able to walk again.

Even washing dishes or cooking was torture. I had a stool in the kitchen and a stool in the bathroom so I could sit while getting ready in the mornings.

Nightmare. I couldn't go anywhere except church because nearly all places required walking once I got there.

Hubby had to push me in a wheelchair at the grocery store. The electric carts would pop my neck.

Never want to go back to that.

hiker .. I hope they can get that railing finished soon!! (if they ever get started!)

AK .. I love a good sale!! I found a shirt for my husband at Kohl's and it cost me $6.99. It was a dress shirt and he will probably wear it to the wedding. I think the original price was $50.

I went to my GP today. We discussed my back and neck issues. I may cancel my injection for now. He's ordering traction for me to see if that will help.

I've done decompression before and it only helped so much. I don't know, but willing to try.

The weather was awesome today. Now we begin the rain again for the next 7 days. Oh joy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Had a BEAUTIFUL spring day!The kind where it made me feel like skipping as I walked, but I didn't.

After one of the boys came home from work, we decided to start building the shelter in the meadow for our beef calves. The dog was loose and chased the pickup truck trying to bite the wheels. Unfortunately, the wheel bit the dog.

It knocked the one bottom big tooth, so it was laying sideways. No local vet had an opening so we had to go to the animal ER. They took the tooth out, but didn't have a drill to get the rest of the root out.

We'll need to see a local vet for that on Thursday. The dog was fine otherwise - did really good for the vet. The nurse said the dog even gave her a hug.They sent her home with an antibiotic and pain medication.

I was hoping to be able to have everything done at one place and not have to pay $$$ twice.

Hopefully we can get weeds pulled and the shelter built before it rains again tomorrow.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--Your poor dog (and your poor pocketbook)

Went to physical therapy. Got reassurance that the pain is normal and everyone progresses at a different rate.

Still have some shoulder stretches to do tonight.

After being able to do stairs easily yesterday, I struggled again today. Hard time going down but made it up porch stairs.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had to drive out of town to Montgomery AL so about 3 hours all together. Other than that just doing my home PT.

I had no idea you went through all that TuTu! So thankful you're much better! I've done traction therapy for my neck which helped quite a bit. I'm right there with you in bargain shopping! I get very excited saving money and coming home with 'treasures'!

Your poor doggie Manna! What is it with tires, wheels that drives dogs bonkers? My easy going lab used to do the same thing but not every time. Never could figure it out.

Glad your recovery is going so well Hiker! I'm still avoiding stairs because of my SI joint so no elliptical machine and take the elevator if there's one available. Sigh....

Time to relax!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Made it to the gym and did my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 in the sauna. Now home and puttering around the house washing Goodwill purchases and airing out my vintage suitcase.

I've ozoned, sprayed with Lysol and aired out the suitcase and it still has that old musty odor. Doing round 2 and hope it will help.

Shock of shocks, we've been having some cooler weather here after storms for a few days. I'm enjoying the reprieve!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my PT exercises.

Went to ENT. Ear tube still in place. Hurrah.

Went to orthopedic surgeon. He could see I am progressing slowly. The physical therapist just dropped me to coming 2x a week and now surgeon wants to go 3x

Porch railings were installed this morning and they really help me!

Cleaning lady here now, so I am bouncing from one room to another to avoid the vacuum.

I am pretty sure I am having a Lyme relapse and the energy healer thinks so, too. Will have a healing on Saturday.

The last healing 10 days ago put me into a toxic herx, so I expect the same to happen after this one. The energy healer has been working on mY sinuses. Lyme can hang out there.

Glad you have cooler weather, AK. Only in the 60's here and going down to 50 tonight. Hope I don't have to turn the heat back on. LOL

[ 06-13-2019, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to physical therapy this morning. He gave me a new torturous exercise at home using my pulleys. I have to put one arm behind back at an angle and use other arm to raise it.

He gave me the afternoon off from exercises and told me to only do them once tomorrow. I think he understands how hard this is for me with Lyme symptoms and as long as I keep improving, albeit slowly, he does that once in awhile.

Did a tiny bit of yardwork today cutting dead buds off peonies and cutting back irises. I also pulled the buds off my mums so they don't bloom so early.

Gassed up the car and went to the library.

Head to my folks tomorrow. Supposed to rain all day. My BFF insisted on driving me although I think I can drive the hour myself now. I welcome the company and am not going to decline.

She is grocery shopping for me today. She has been with me through this whole Lyme journey and I could not ask for a better friend.

Going to watch a little TV and read.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

You're very blessed Hiker to have such a wonderful friend!

I stayed in bed today because I'm having a flare up of my MCAD. I know it's because I've been eating badly so today I just had an organic apple. Going to cut back on food in general to get histamine under control.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Feel a bit better today. Should be heading to the gym but think I'll just rest. Eating only raw fruits and veggies today hoping to get my histamine level down.

Did manage to do my home therapy and triceps and biceps routine.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Hope the wedding was a blast.

Did my PT exercises.

Then my friend drove me to my folks in the pouring rain. Had some financial stuff to do at bank for them.

Am staying until after dinner and then she will come get me.

So, lazy afternoon with my parents sitting and reading and chatting.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

We had a great time!

I'm off to rest!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement