LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What can you do today? Aug 18, 2019

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What can you do today? Aug 18, 2019
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! Come join us on this friendly thread to post about things that you can do and just about anything counts as exercise here.

Walking, doing dishes, vacuuming, gardening, crafts, yard sales, rowing, running, kayaking, hiking, weight training, etc., you name it and it'll count as exercise.

Let's motivate each other to have a more active day!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK— I am impressed with your dedication to going to the gym and with your diet. Keep it up !!😀

I did my shoulder exercises this morning.

Pulled a few weeds and repaired the downspouts that were coming off the gutters. Just needed a few screws in the part that lays on the ground.

Very humid out even though it’s not particularly hot.

I did a load of laundry.

I went to the library to pick up a book on hold.

Time for my weekly call to my mom. Have a great week! [hi]

[ 08-18-2019, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Washing dishes counts? Whoop!!

Went to church, lunch, nap, Home Depot, Walmart, Target .. in that order.

Almost had my phone stolen because I left it in the restroom.

Called my number and she returned it. She was already in the parking lot.

[shake] [Mad] Thankful to have it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--So glad you got your cell phone back!

I am amazed you did 3 big stores in one day. Too much for me.

I did my shoulder exercises twice.

Zipped over to local grocery to pick up some more salad fixings and vegetables.

Didn't sleep well last night, but too late in the day to take a nap. Will go sit outside on deck for a little sunshine.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Restful day yesterday. Made crockpot stew to put on top of gnocchi for my Mom and Josh. I had chicken salad on top of a veggie slaw type salad that I made. One load of laundry and dishes and vegged the rest of the day.

Today was Zumba day! Yay! Danced around for 35 minutes then went and got another couple of passport pictures made to go with my International Driving Permit. Oh, also did my at home PT and arm routine.

Now just totally vegging!

TuTu I'm so relieved you got your cell phone back! I had mine stolen when I went out after work with some co-workers back when I worked at the dealership. You were very blessed!

Hiker you're doing so good with your therapy! Is there light at the end of that tunnel? In regards to my weight and diet, I've got another doc appointment next month. Trying to get my LDL and cholesterol even lower before the big day.

Well, I'm off to veg!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does getting off meds count as exercise?? Hubby has FINALLY gotten off his anti anxiety med!! YAY!
This past Thursday he took the last dose.

He is taking cbd oil which has really cut the 'crazy' withdrawal symptoms. He's just feeling kind of 'whupped' and tired. Now to wait for it to all be out of his system.

Here's hoping he has a rebound of energy after its all out of there!

We had a thunderstorm and rain last night.

Pulled a wheelbarrow load of weeds this evening. The heifers loved them! One reached through the fence and tipped my wheelbarrow over trying to get those yummy weeds.

Was going to go check the summer squash to see if there are any ready. It got dark before I got that far. Can tell its getting dark earlier again....

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Manna .. That is huge!!

Hiker .. my trick is to get in and get out. I've always done that when possible. I bet I wasn't in any store more than 10 minutes ..except in Target while looking for my phone.

I was PO'd that she didn't turn it in to the store. She said, "I knew better than to leave it here." The young girl said to me later, "Like, what does THAT mean?" I think the woman was going to just take it and sell it, but had second thoughts when I called her.

There is an app you can get to locate your phone. If you call it, it will ring and ring and annoy the heck out of the thief. I'm going to look into it. I still am so grateful it worked out.

(brand new .. $500-700 if I remember correctly. I had a $300 dollar discount on it)

Good job on the Zumba, AK!! Wish I could exercise again!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Stormy today. Got absolutely soaked getting from parking lot into physical therapy despite my windbreaker. Even my shoes were squishy. Then wet again leaving.

So, therapy and another round of exercises this afternoon.

Am watching New Amsterdam which I recorded this year. Pretty good.

Probably inside rest of day due to weather. Trying to curb my desire for potato chips. Fortunately none in the house. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Home PT then hit the Y for my 30 minutes on the treadmill. Blissed out in the sauna for about 13 minutes. Then ran a couple of errands.

Went to the bank to see about getting a personal loan for our upcoming trip and hit the library and lucked out with 3 different series of learning to speak Japanese on CD. One was Berlitz which I hear is a good program on languages.

I'm supposed to be studying for renewing my insurance license also. I have 5 classes that I'm taking online this year and need to take my test in December. My goal is to shoot for 3 before I leave in November and finish the other 2 in December.

Manna what wonderful news that your hubs is getting off his meds! I'm interested in CBD oil also but don't have a clue as to which one is the best. I've recently add hemp seed powder to my fresh made juices for protein and hope is has additional benefits. I'm not sure about that either though.

TuTu that app sounds wicked. Let me know what it is. I'm adding a language app to my phone that the librarian told me about today. It's called Mango and I can have lessons on the go. In regards to exercise, I'm so glad I can do some. Can't dance around like I used to because of my injuries but enjoy my many errors! Makes me laugh!

Hiker you and I are in the same boat in regards to potato chips. I can't buy them or cookies. I have absolutely no control when it comes to those wonderfully delicious items. Our last family cook out I bought chips and made dip to go with the hotdogs and hamburgers I grilled. Alas I ate all the leftover family size bag of chips.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK ... my hubby has a CBD oil from Natural Extracts. I think it's plain and simple. It's helping his joint pain and makes him calmer.

I haven't tried it yet, since I am all flared up right now.

Hiker .. sorry you got soaked, but glad the storms didn't do any damage!

Going to see the NP at the heart center today. The asthma inhalers are making my heart pretty angry. [Frown]

It will be a least two more weeks before we get things resolved in here regarding the mold. We found only a little in the water closet, but the HVAC is picking it up.

My contractor guy can come on Friday .. I hope and pray.

Yesterday I did too much and coming off the steroids made me feel horrible. Sigh .. whatever!

Let's have a better day today!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Did my at home PT and arm routine then me and Mom hit the wellness center. Had another fun day of Zumba with the maracas so dancing around was extra fun. Now just vegging.

TuTu I sure hope they can get the mold issue figured out! I feel for you in regards to the steriods! I didn't realize it gives you extra energy until you come off them. I can't sleep when I take them too. Oh and thank you for the heads up on the CBD oil. I'm going to check it out!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my shoulder exercises twice today.

Went and got my haircut this afternoon.

I was all set for lunch of eggs and bacon and gluten-free English muffins but my friend had to cancel due to a workmen finally showing up. Hopefully she and I can get together next week.

Somehow canned lentil soup without a friend for lunch just wasn’t the same. 🤣

Manna—so glad to hear your hubby is off anxiety meds!!

AK—I bought some CBD oil but haven’t used much , yet. Hard to know what amount of mg to buy. 500 or 1000 or 3000? Brand I bought was Medterra. Tutu—glad it helps your hubby.

After dinner I weeded a little bit in the front perennial garden to earn my reward of triple chocolate fudge nondairy ice cream. Yum.

[ 08-21-2019, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OOPS ...

Extract Naturals is the brand. It's distributed locally.

I can give you the info for ordering. No website that I can see.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I am sitting and icing shoulders after 2nd round of exercises.

I went to surgeon. He was very pleased with progress. Can raise arm 170 degrees now. But he wants me to continue going to therapy for 6 more weeks. That will be 6 months of rehab after the surgery. Yikes.

Stopped at library.

I went grocery shopping. Prune plums were on sale but store didn’t have any and young gal working produce had never heard of them. Do you all eat them?

Sadly, potato chips leaped into my cart. But, I decided since they were organic and on sale and I had a good report from surgeon that I would let them come home with me. 🤣

I am going to be a couch potato this evening. Or maybe a couch potato chip. [Big Grin]

[ 08-22-2019, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Home PT then hit the Y for 30 minutes on the treadmill. Did another round of 9 minutes of super slow jogging while on there. Only lasted 12 minutes in the sauna.

Later went to Joann Fabrics because they have a sale on patterns. I bought 5 patterns for only $1.99 each and some fabrics that were 70% off plus an additional 20% so I saved a ton of money.

The plan is to make some very simple dresses and a top. I'm not a very experienced sewer but would like to sew more.

This evening I have to water the yard because it was treated today.

Hiker you got me at triple chocolate nondairy ice cream! I have to battle myself in the snack aisle at the store. Chips and cookies are my downfall! I did buy an organic dark chocolate bar that I snack on and I like to make a coconut milk, cocoa, stevia and chia seed pudding. I tried it with carob powder but it wasn't the same.

TuTu thanks for updating that info on the CBD oil. I couldn't find the other one. Still shopping around, mainly on Amazon.

Well....off to veg before watering the lawn.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to PT. Therapist ramped up weights and/or reps on every exercise we did, so he gave me the afternoon off.

I did an hour of yardwork weeding and trimming a few bushes. Still can't master the big clippers for bigger branches but so happy to be out on this lovely 80 sunny day.

My legs are not used to yardwork anymore and I can already feel them tightening up.

Zipped to library again (I know, I should move in there).

Energy healing later.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Home PT and arm routine then Mom and I headed to the wellness center. I danced around in Zumba class for about 35 minutes.

Afterwards we did some gift shopping to take with us on our upcoming trip. Not to much today just a pair of slippers and a wallet.

Hiker that's a lot of yard work! I ended up trimming and pulling growth off the fence yesterday and hope to do some more tomorrow. I'm super envious of your 80 degree weather. It's still in the 90's here.

Time to veg!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I would love to sew again. I would make dresses for OCC .. or other things like pencil bags.

but I don't think my body will allow me to

Mold saga continues .. it's awful. We now have a new dishwasher and will have a new water heater on Monday. We won't find out until he tears out part of the wall whether or not this is related to the issue last year.

Hiker .. your progress sounds wonderful!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Sure hope they find that mold problem quickly.

Ak--Way to go on your exercise!

Did my shoulder exercises twice.

Did 2 loads of laundry.

Worked a tiny bit outside but not much progress. Trying to get stakes out of ground that were wired to a tree. Got the wires off the tree with my wire cutters, but don't have strength to pull stakes.

Have had tree three years and didn't want wires growing into tree. Will let wooden stakes come up naturally.

Friend stopped by with the new Bible study. Starts in mid September but the studies are long and I like to work in advance.

I am going to pay for having the windows open today with my allergies, but only 78, so no need to run AC and I like to air out the house once in awhile.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Home PT and arm routine then headed to the Y. Did 20 minutes of fast walking and 10 slow jogging. 15 minutes in the sauna then a quick shower then headed to the store to pick up a rotisserie chicken.

Once home made chicken salad with half of the chicken and a red cabbage, carrot and edamame salad that should last a few days.

Then Mom and I headed out for a bit more shopping. Found a great backpack to use as my carry on bag. It's gray canvas with plenty of room and pockets. Has a chest and waist strap for extra support and 3 handles! One in top and one on each side. It's cool!

TuTu I can't believe you still have mold problems! I sure hope they find where it's coming from. I'm sensitive to mold also and hope you're ok.

Hiker kudos on the yard work! I didn't get out like planned so hopefully will tackle weeds on the fence this week. It must be wonderful to air out your house already! I'm very envious of cooler weather!

Off to find something to watch on Netflix!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement