LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What can you do today? Sept 29, 2019

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What can you do today? Sept 29, 2019
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Groovin on a Sunday afternoon.............

If you're getting off the couch, out of bed or the recliner post it here on our friendly exercise thread!

Just about anything goes for exercise around here! Can you do the dishes, laundry, vacuuming or other housework? How about gardening or yard work? What about dancing, weight training, walking, kayaking, hiking, etc.?

What can you do today?

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--Thanks for starting us off. Can't believe we are rolling into October this week.

I did my shoulder exercises this morning along with leg and back stretches.

I walked up and down the cul-de-sac twice with my trekking poles. A far cry from how far I could walk a year ago, but felt good to get outside.

Storms are moving in again, so will a good afternoon to read and watch some football.

NLIF--You said you liked football. What teams do you support? I am a University of Illinois fan (Go Illini) and watch Chicago Bears.

Have a great week. [Cool]

[ 09-29-2019, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hiker53:
From lpkayak 9/29

Hi. I’ve had trouble walking all day even with my nsaids and muscle relaxants but I kept moving all day with rests with heat on back.

I watered the front. It took over an hour. I started day going to Home Depot to buy 25. Of soil. My garden beds need fertilizer and this stuff was cheap and seemed good. I had to spend the 25. Reward I got for buying fridge.

But they don’t have much help there to load soil and I was in pain and afraid I would start crying but I tried to stay positive and it all worked out. At home I dragged them out of car and dropped on dolly and moved them close to where I needed them.

I actually did a bunch of other stuff but can’t remember what. I got gas for car, too . Tried to walk Etta but only lasted about 5 min. So I’m happy about today after the way it started.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my shoulder exercises and leg stretches this morning.

Walked around the cul-de-sac again a few times.

Made gluten free blueberry muffins.

Went to chiropractor this afternoon. Back is getting much better. Still have chronic sinus infection and not willing to take antibiotics should they be prescribed.

Going to go work on Bible study.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Home PT for neck and SI joint followed by my arm routine to strengthen triceps and biceps. Then Mom and I headed to the wellness center. Mom did 27 minutes on the NuStep followed by 3 laps on the indoor track. We had some new routines at Zumba so I danced away and laughed my head off at all my mistakes. What a fun day!

When I got home decided to go outside into the sauna like heat and detail and wash my Mom's car. I'm taking her and 2 of her friends to ATL this Saturday and wanted to spiff up her car.

Hiker so glad to hear your back is getting better! Those blueberry muffins sound delish! I splurged this year and bought a Vitamix blender so I might try and make my own brown rice and coconut flour. Gluten free foods are so expensive! Hoping to cut down on costs of cooking GF.

Well....off to continue watching this mushy love story!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

NLIF--Are you doing okay?

Ak--Looks sweltering there. 90 here today.

Did my shoulder exercises and leg stretches.

Walked for 10 minutes around the cul-de-sac.

Ran a few errands and put gas in the car.

Bought a saline rinse at Walgreens. Didn't read carefully and only bought the saline packets. Had to go back and get the bottle. [bonk]

The World Track and Field Championships are on TV all week. I am taping and then playing it all day as I do some chores.

Watered my indoor plants and washed a few windows. Unhooked the hoses outside to drain out water. Filled the bird feeders.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I did stuff yesterday but can’t remember what. My biceps have been hurting very bad and this is new. My goal today was to pay bills and it started out ok but then got crazy. I lit was raining lightly and cool- I love it like that. I’m heat intolerant. After first batch of bills I took etta out and we were out a half hour. My legs and arms are too weak to make Wc go forward but I can make it go backward. Good I’m on dead end withblityle traffic. I took some pics too. I didn’t think my daisy bushes(don’t know real name) would flower this year. Droughtvalmost killed them. But I watered them yessterday( oh yeah. Watered two hours. Standing most of time) and today they began to pop. After that I did bills and it was awful hours fighting with dish. But it’s over at least for a month. I really miss the old days. So phone store tomorrow morning will bevexercisevfor me. I ll have to take walker. Then long doc appt. hope dog gets an outing in afternoon. Trash day too

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. glad the back is better .. now to work on the sinuses. Mine came unglued tonight because I had two single roses on my table where I was working on my Bible study.

I didn't really smell them so I couldn't figure out why I had all the congestion. Finally figured it out and moved them.

We are finishing up our study of the Book of Signs by David Jeremiah next week. It's been great!

Our group at church will begin Not Forsaken soon.

AK .. You and your mom are killing it!! I miss going to exercise, but at least I can walk more now and my exercise is shopping and running errands. I did quite a bit today.

They are finally finished with the asphalt paving in our subdivision. It's a pain when they do that, but it's actually the first time in 5 years that they have done it here.

LP .. I sure hope your doctor can help you tomorrow.
Those satellite companies are really hurting for business since so many are just doing streaming.

I don't look forward to having to do that .. unless they make it easier to do. Sounds like a hassle to me.

Tomorrow I will have lunch with two OCC friends. One is the person I usually go to meetings with and the other is our youth contact that we got attached to over the past few years.

She has been going to college the past year or so and we are going to catch up with all her adventures. It should be really fun.

Then I have Bible study at 1 pm.

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

At home PT then went to the Y for some rowing and elliptical exercise. And if I wasn't sweating enough decided to sit in the sauna for 15 minutes. Showered and home to take Mom to pay some bills.

Early evening we went to the first concert of our local university's school of music series held at the planetarium with overhead moving graphic art. It was amazing!

Actually got some studying done this evening but it's slow going. On my third course with 2 more to go. One is a huge 10 hour course on annuities! I struggled through the 4 hour course on the same subject! Ugh!

Hiker way to go on the exercise! Sounds like you're getting a lot done at your place since your shoulder is better. I think we might have the same sinus rinse, NeilMed right? I did the same thing and didn't realize the bottle was separate.

Kayak it would drive me nuts to water plants and grass for 2 hours! I need to water the lawn where the sprinklers don't reach but I'm to lazy. I dread bill day also but it's a necessary evil.

Well....off to rest my poor brain! Night everyone!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my shoulder exercises this morning and walked for 10 minutes with my trekking poles this afternoon.

I saw the surgeon’s assistant this morning and he released me from care for my shoulder. 😀. He gave me two more exercises to do and told me I should be doing the weight and resistance exercises on both shoulders.

The physical therapist only had me doing the weights and resistance on my surgical shoulder but the range of motion on both shoulders.

My back pain is here again and very extreme, so physician’s assistant suggested that I try and sleep on my side and see if my shoulder can handle it. That might help my back.

I am doing my stretching exercises for my back and my legs and hoping when I go to balance therapy that I can work on my core and leg strength.

Running a low grade fever again. Sinus infection.

Other than a little bit of cooking I really didn’t get a lot done today around the house. Off to eat some dinner.

[ 10-02-2019, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got to meet up with friends this morning for brunch .. then came back home for Bible Study here.

I couldn't get in because they were paving the entrance to our subdivision. I drove on down the road and called the board of directors.

He put me in touch with the maintenance guy and by the time I got back over there I was able to get in. I was scared to drive over what they had just applied and that was the only way to get in.

He said to go for it because they couldn't completely block our entrance. So .. I was about 20 min late to the study.

Hiker .. hope you have a better night with the back and will wake up without pain.

AK .. The concert sounds really awesome with the planetarium ceiling!! Very cool!!

I think LP had a pretty good day too.

We get a new toilet tomorrow in the front bathroom. I'm praying they don't find any new issues.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Home PT and arm routine then Mom and I headed to the wellness center. Danced around for 30 minutes at Zumba class and had a blast!

Made an appointment to take my proctored exams on Halloween. 🎃

So studied like crazy until 8:00 p.m. Three down and two more courses to go. Hope to start and finish the flood insurance course tomorrow leaving me the huge honking 10 credit hour class on annuities! I'm dreading the last one.

Hiker that's wonderful news about your shoulder and happy graduation day! Way to go on the exercise too! Sure hope the back and sinuses get better asap.

Off to be a total vegetable!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did shoulder exercises. They take 45 minutes plus icing.

Went to Bible study.

Am at chiropractor now waiting for adjustment.

I slept on my side last night. Memory foam mattress did not help my back so switched to guest bedroom. Much better although shoulder stiff now.

Not sure what to do about back. Also have low grade fever again this afternoon with sinus headache. Tylenol helped my back this morning but I usually let a fever run to kill germs.

Too tired to go grocery shopping today. But tomorrow is another day and I bet it will be better. [Smile]

[ 10-03-2019, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No gym today because I didn't get up early enough to squeeze in my workout before taking Mom to her cardiologist appointment. Was reminded by doc that her stress test indicated a blockage but since she doesn't have symptoms to just wait and make sure she carries nitro tabs, which she does.

Did just my home PT. Only managed one chapter out of seven today. Yard was treated so spent about an hour watering chemicals in and had errands to run.

Hiker sure hope you're going to be OK! I'm miserable if I run a fever and don't have energy to do much of anything. Rest your back and body! Now would be a good time to rest and read. 📚

Well...off to veg and eat some dark chocolate!

🍫🍫🍫🍫💟

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I just got back from the chiropractor again. I think the back pain is going to take awhile to go away. She suspects bulging disc and SI joint issues.

I did my shoulder exercises today.

Walked for 10 minutes around the cul-de-sac this afternoon. Gorgeous out. May need to turn heat on tonight.

I went grocery shopping. Passed up the chocolate ice cream this time.

I did a load of laundry and church friends came by to help me remake the bed. We also put my hoses away in the garage for the winter. Such a kind couple.

AK--Glad you are there for your mom. Keep up that studying.

Tutu--You are sure getting a lot of fix it up jobs done at your place. Glad you are enjoying your Bible study.

NLIF--any swimming or walking this week?

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ak-i dont water lawn just trees that are dying- i have a lot invested in them and flowers that are blooming

you guys are so good at getting here. my week did get crazy-the big doc appt was oncol and i was fine. but im not fine i woke up next day in the worst shoulder pain ever ortho fit me in in afternoon my shoulder is bone on bone probably because feet and ankles are full of arthritis and i use wheelchair so much. i have new appt with podiatrist and PT to try to fix stuff.

i walked dog a few times but i was in wc. it was hard exercise for me tho i did some housework...not much...but had helpwe here for 2 hrs today now i have to do my part and she will come back sunday to do more of what i cant.

this is not what exercise used to be for me...but now this is my reality.

hopefully i will be able to report here before i crash again.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Zumba Friday and my usual PT and arm routine. Only made it to chapter 5 today, so 5, 6 and 7 to go on flood insurance. My brain went on strike about 5:30 and I kept rereading a section that I just couldn't get. So went and ate at a Mexican fast food joint and gave up studying for the rest of the day.

Hiker I hope it's not a bulging disc! SI joint issues are fixable but take a lot of therapy and retraining on movement. Way to go on the exercise and will power to pass on chocolate.

Kayak very glad to hear your oncol appt went well! If I win the lotto I'm going to have my third shoulder surgery and dislocated collar bone fixed. I'd give just about anything to have a pain free day! Bone on bone sounds horrible! I don't think mine is to that point yet. Hang in there!

Well...off to catch some sleep so I can chauffeur my Mom and her 2 friends to ATL tomorrow.

Night gang!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK-what did you do in Atlanta.?

Lp—hope you can get your house the way you want and your yard work done.

I did my shoulder exercises today and walked 10 minutes.

I did a load of laundry and some cooking.

I zipped to the library to get some books on hold.

I need to rearrange my living room furniture and swap out some chairs with some in my bedroom that would be more comfortable with my back. But I’m going need some help doing that. Spent some time measuring to make sure things will fit where I want them to fit.

I also think I’m going to get new cushions for my couch. There’s a place in town that I think can fit new foam in and I won’t need to reupholster. The couch is old and I’m sinking in it.

I am watching Illini football right now and will watch some track and field that I taped later. (World championships)

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

The chauffeur is home! No exercise today but did drive 2 1\2 hours to ATL and then 2 1\2 hours home. In between driving, the 4 of us attended an Okinawan dance recital and luncheon. I had a blast! 3 teachers, 2 from California and one from ATL performed about 12 traditional Okinawan dances in costume with their students. I don't normally have the pleasure of seeing teachers dance and their level of expertise was something to see!

What a great day!

Hiker way to go on the exercises! Hope you're enjoying football and the track and field program that you recorded.

Night everyone!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement