LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you Can do today Nov. 3

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you Can do today Nov. 3
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang, we'd love to hear all about your movement this week.

Almost anything counts--raking, walking, laundry, lifting weights, shoveling snow (hope not, yet!) etc.

I did my shoulder rehab exercises, stretched out my back, and did my balance exercises today.

I cut back a few perennials, but most are still green and I like to wait until they begin to turn brown. May be covered in snow by then. [Big Grin]

Filled the bird feeders.

Did one load of laundry.

Have a great week!! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, everyone! Pretty day here ..hubby just left for a motorcycle ride.

I'm washing clothes. May not get my usual Sunday nap in. We'll see. Not really sleepy. I went to bed a bit earlier and slept well.

We did the OCC packing party on Saturday and it went very well! We did 289 boxes ..but that is not a final count. That was counted as the boxes were coming in. We will count them again when we deliver them to the drop-off site on the 18th.

The MRI on my foot is not scheduled until Nov. 11. Stuff just takes a long time, doesn't it!?

So, I'm still hobbling around, but because I sat out a lot on Thurs and Fri, I was able to be on my feet for the party. [Smile]

Today the feet are not very happy about that.

Tomorrow I have both PT's to go to and then nothing much else.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have rested all weekend since taking about 140mg's of Antabuse Friday morning. It definitely caused a more severe herx than what I was having, but I woke up today feeling great, and am going to go to the apt. gym tonight and exercise some.

I continue to believe that this drug is making a difference. Every time a herx wears off I am feeling better and better. I have not gone to the gym yet today, but I can tell from how I am feeling that I will be able to exercise longer and with more energy than I have been.

I am still having some mood issues, but nothing as bad as the time that made me stop for awhile, and the mood changes only last 4-6 hours now at the most. As long as it stays at this level it is completely tolerable.

I have been taking this drug for a little over two months now, at what is considered a very low dose. I am prepared for a six month or longer treatment period, but right now I don't think I could be any more optimistic or happy about the progress I have made so far. I continue to keep my fingers crossed.

I started 'The Pillars of The Earth' Friday night and have read about 100 pages. It has been almost 30 years since I read it previously and I only vaguely remember most of it, so it has been enjoyable so far. Being able to read for a few hours at time is an accomplishment for me, as when I have been very sick at times it felt almost impossible to do.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day here in SW Florida with a high of 83 and low humidity. This week it will be back up to around 88 or 90 til Friday so I plan on getting in some more sun and pool time.

Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to the gym and then walked for 2 miles. Best gym workout I have had yet. Friday night and Saturday I felt so weak it hurt to lift my arms over my head. However, after the herx had settled down I was able to use more weight for more sets than I have previously. I also did not feel shaky during or after working out.

I have been so anxious to feel better that I think I have sometimes tried to exercise too much, even when I am at the worst part of herxing. I am going to try to resist the temptation to exercise as much when I am herxing, which is usually the day or two after taking a dose, or even that evening if I take it first thing in the morning.

I am feeling better and better after every herx, and when I have totally rested when the herxing was bad I have felt great when I recover from it.

Going to read some more tonight, then watch the movie Casablanca which I have never seen. I was in my grocery store today (Publix) and they had a cardboard stand with some movies for sale in it. I saw Casablanca and it was only 3.99 so I am finlly going to watch this classic movie.

Tomorrow I am going to take another dose and then hope it is sunny so I can go to the pool. I hope everyone has a good week.

Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NLIF—I know soaking up the sun makes you feel better but I have learned the hard way about skin cancer.

Having surgery to remove melanoma from face tomorrow. I am sure it was from all the years I played sports and coached without sunscreen.

Glad you are able to do more exercise.

I have not seen Casablanca, either.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Hiker for getting us going for another week! I'll be praying and thinking about you tomorrow. Please let us know how your surgery goes. Sending you an extra big hug!

TuTu it was a beautiful day here to. Josh drove us in my car to ATL to pick up his much improved and repaired Mazda 3. Glad the weather was great because last weekend when we went it was raining to whole way. Sure hope the footsies are going to be OK.

NLIF glad to hear that you're improving. I think I'm herxing a bit from my hoarded old stash of Doxy. Might do like Hiker suggested and head to an urgent care if I'm not feeling better from this flu/strep thing that's trying to rear it's ugly head. The last Ken Follet book I read was Eye of the Needle in the 80's.

Oh, I did manage to do my home PT and arm routine this morning before heading to ATL. Speaking of which, I'm totally wiped out and am going to crash. Night all!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No exercise today.

Am home from surgery to remove melanoma. 20 stitches and incision is about 2.5 inches long. Ugh.

Of course, I didn't even think about the fact that I can't eat much but liquids and soft foods for a few days. Hard to chew, smile, talk and not sure how to brush my teeth as incision so close to mouth. Chocolate milkshake is dinner.

Resting this afternoon and was told to sleep in the evil recliner this week. [cussing]

Bon voyage, AK!! [Smile]

[ 11-04-2019, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen Casablanca either .. or maybe I saw parts of it and don't remember. I am not a big movie buff .. at all.

hiker .. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Do you have a Water Pik? That might work? Get your friend to pick up one for you. You will need it after all those milkshakes. LOL.

AK .. Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!

We met up with OLD friends tonight. They came to town for shows, etc. They are on a bus tour, which actually left from our college alma mater in Texas.

So we ate supper with them. We may meet up again this week.

My feet are so-so. Today is not as good as yesterday, but I also did a lot today. I ran quite a few errands and even bought a few things for NEXT YEAR'S OCC boxes!

I went to PT therapy for my shoulder. It's doing MUCH better than when I started 2-3 wks ago. What's funny is that the therapist used to be in the same show as my husband about 15 years ago. I showed her a pic of him today and she remembered him. I will get a pic from her to show him. There were 40-50 people in the show, so they don't necessarily remember each other.

We will begin a new Bible study at church tomorrow. The book is Not Forsaken by Louie Giglio.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 9 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Issue with my ticket and name on my passport. Had to cancel and lost $1,000. I'm very down right now. I'll let you all know more later.

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK ... [shake] [rant] [shake]

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--So sorry about the trip cancellation. Will pray you can reschedule. Sending you a hug.

Legs felt like noodles today, but I did my balance exercises at home and the range of motion shoulder exercises.

Went to the library to get a book on hold. Got home and got an email that another book was now there for me. Will grab it another day.

Was able to eat some solid food today.

A friend of mine, who also has Lyme, was in town and dropped off soup and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. We chatted a little while before she had to head out. So good to see her.

--------------------
Hiker53

no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

AK...very sorry about your trip.

hiker, glad you were able to eat some solid food today and hoping you feel better.

I walked back from the grocery store tonight after being dropped off.

hiker53
Member # 6046

I was able to resume my regular exercise regimen today with shoulder rehab exercises, balance exercises, and back stretches.

Am at chiropractor. Sleeping in recliner again isn’t helping my back.

Incision has a lot of bruising and getting itchy but no pain meds needed until night.

Friend stopping by with her 1 year old. Need to child proof my house before she comes. 😀

[ 11-06-2019, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. You are right about the recliner and your back. I know mine makes my back hurt. When we lived in SA, Tx we had the most perfect recliner. It fit us both perfectly and my back never hurt from it.

I must admit that I was much younger then, however!! It would allow the person to stretch out completely and was very comfortable.

I would love to find another one like that. We've had at least 3 recliners since then and not a single one is good for me.

Went to a great Christmas show this afternoon. HUGE family (four brothers) with about 25-30 kids, most of whom were on stage. Loved the show! We start early with Christmas here for the tourists. The place was packed.

It's raining here a lot .. possible flooding in our area tonight but we are safe.

VERY cold next week. I can't even imagine how cold hiker and LP will be next week! Highs in the 30's two days next week.

Tomorrow is catch up day for me. I was supposed to go to acupuncture but I'm tired from today and the weather is not good.

I have a lot of important calls to make and a few errands too.

Our friends from Texas are still here so we plan to meet them tomorrow for supper.

Have a good sleep, everyone!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checking in...

Me and my Mom have both been sick and I've been in bed for 2 days now. She's been in bed over 2 weeks now.

We went to a walk in clinic and she has bronchitis and I have a sinus infection. We're both on antibiotics, she started a Z pack and I'm on a combo pill Amoxy/Clav, Flonase and a decongestant.

Been sleeping quite a bit and just doing fluids and rest.

Later gang!

[Frown]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Sure hope you and your mom start feeling better soon!

Didi my usual shoulder exercises, back stretches and balance exercises.

Went to grocery store and go that chore done for the week. I am not a fan of grocery shopping.

Doing a little spot cleaning here and there.

--------------------
Hiker53

no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

ak, hoping you and your mom start feeling better.

I went to the pool and laid in the sun for a couple of hours. Hi was around 88. I can feel the weather changing, though, and it looks like my pool time might be coming to an end for our 'winter' months.

Going to walk some tonight. My mood is a little more depressed than usual, I am trying to work through it without stopping the 100mg's I am taking every other day now. I hate this illness and what it does to people.

hiker53
Member # 6046

NLIF—Sorry to hear your are a bit down. Hang in there and keep reminding yourself to be the turtle heading to wellness.

AK-hope you and your mom are feeling better.

Tutu-how’s the shoulder?

I just finished balance therapy and am sitting at the clinic for a few minutes before going to chiropractor. Therapist worked me hard but elderly woman working next to me put me to shame. 😮

I did my shoulder exercises this morning.

Definitely going to be a couch potato tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just doing some of my home therapy. I finally got out of bed today! Had to run to Publix for water and juices but then came right home. Still not well but am better.

Rebooked our flights so we leave on the 17th and return December 17th. Not going through China though. So instead it's from ATL to LAX to Tokyo and finally Naha Okinawa.

I sure hope and pray that we're recovered!

Hiker you are just a machine when it comes to rehab! How's the shoulder now that it's getting colder in your neck of the woods?

NLIF hope that you're going to be OK. Over the years I've come to realize that I'm never going to be at 100% again. I just take a day at a time and try to be kind to myself. Hang in there!

Well, off to shop on Amazon for some Kindle books for my trip!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

FL: hope you feel better tomorrow!!

Hiker: Keep moving! I hope the incision is healing quickly!

AK: So glad you are feeling better!! So exciting to still be able to make your trip!! Will the flying time be shorter?

I ran errands today after getting some bloodwork for my GP.
My shoulder is pretty good. It gets aggravated by my seatbelt. It’s hard to grab each time without hurting.

May not be able to get my MRI on my foot on Monday. The appointment is at 5 pm and it’s supposed to snow. The biggest problem would be getting back up our hill.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Another day of just home PT for my neck and SI joint. Exercising isn't an option right now with this sinus infection but am sure I'll be doing a lot of walking on my trip.

I found 3 books on Amazon that I'm going to download, The Snow Child, The Goldfinch and The Return. I'm looking forward to reading them and thank God it's not anything to do with insurance! LOL! [Big Grin]

TuTu our flying time is a bit shorter and also we don't have any long layovers. Turned out to be a blessing that we didn't board the other flight. Did you go to PT for your shoulder? I'm glad that it's on the mend.

Well, the plan today is to do as little as possible and drink lots of fluids and rest.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my shoulder exercises, stretching, and balance exercises.

Cut back my chrysanthemums outside. Didn't take long. Would like to cut back rest of perennials but they are still green. And we are getting snow on Monday. [shake]

Went to the library and grabbed some books on hold.

Did one load of laundry.

Did quite a bit of cooking. Made a meatloaf and froze half of it. Made a pot of spaghetti sauce and froze most of it. Then baked some tilapia, asparagus and sweet potato for lunch. Have enough of that left over for a meal tomorrow.

Made gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Need to freeze some or I will eat them all in a day. 😜

Now I am ready to watch some college football--Illini vs. Michigan State.

May watch a Hallmark chick flick tonight.

[ 11-09-2019, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement