LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you Can do today Nov. 17

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you Can do today Nov. 17
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to tell us about your movement. Raking leaves, walking, grocery shopping, cleaning the house, chopping wood etc. [woohoo]

Sunday is my day off from most exercise.

I did go to Kroger and I did a load of laundry and cooked a little bit.

Am relaxing this afternoon with a good book.

NLIF--How are you doing?

Manna--Good to see you back on this thread!

Ak--Missing you already. Enjoy Okinawa!

Have a great week!! [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't taken a pill since last Friday (9 days ago) as I still don't feel good.

I wasn't expecting a herx to last this long 3 months into treatment. If it's not a herx then I am not sure how much faith I now have in this drug.

The depression has not let up very much, either.

[ 11-17-2019, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: no_lyme_in_florida ]

Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UGH .. NLIF! Sounds horrid! Feel better soon!

Thanks for getting us started, hiker!

We had two nice church services and quite a few visitors. Even two who just moved to our area. Seems we have been getting more of those lately! We need them!

My Sunday School partner had a flat tire this morning, so I went to pick her up between services. Then after church, hubby and I took her out to eat.

Our Pastor gave a very nice dedication prayer for our shoe boxes. I'm grateful that he is so supportive of it because some Pastors aren't. (go figure)

We will transport them to the drop-off location on Tuesday. I always enjoy that! That's where we will get the final count.

Hubby and I slept away the afternoon. It's chilly outside (cloudy) but not frigid.

I have to leave bright and early tomorrow morning for my MRI (foot) and then come home to traction and then shoulder PT .. all before noon!!

The MRI is in the nearby city about 45 min away.

Good bye to AK!! I hope she has a MARVELOUS time in Japan!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NLIF—sending prayers your way. Don’t give up on Antabuse, yet. But wait until you feel better. Even if you have to back down to 50 mg again.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiker, thank you for the prayers. I am not going to take another pill until I am better. Right now I don't expect that until at least the end of the week with the way I feel.

I tried to walk a little last night, only about a mile. Woke up this morning with my head spinning and pounding and legs twitching all over. Stayed in bed pretty much all day.

Something is not right. Maybe it's impossible to get better after 17 years.

Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NLIF--I have also been ill almost 17 years and I am not giving up hope that I will get well. I do realize that I have aged and so my fitness and joints are not what they used to be, but I will keep the faith. Hang in there!

I did my shoulder and balance exercises today. I went up a little bit on the weight and reps for some of the shoulder exercises and my shoulder is complaining.

My knee is also telling me it does not like all the squats and leg exercises I do for balance therapy. Mail me a new body, please. [Big Grin]

Tutu--Hope your MRI went well. You had a lot going on this morning.

I vacuumed the car and then took it to the car wash. I also swept out the garage.

Made some blueberry muffins and stuck in the freezer to take home to my mom later this week.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Shoulder exercises and to clinic for balance therapy.

Filled car tires with air.

Credit card was compromised so spent a lot of time dealing with that.

--------------------
Hiker53

no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

I'm feeling better today. Slept like a baby last night and woke up refreshed. I cleaned my apartment again, it was pretty easy since i had done a thorough job of it recently.

Maybe this was a herx since I had increased my dose from 50 to 100mg's and was taking it every other day.

I am going to give it until the end of the week before taking another dose. I will either go back to 50mg's eod or continue with 100 but only twice a week.

I just didn't expect a herx to be this bad 3 months into treatment. I would still have to say that this drug is killing something in my body, but any expectations for a somewhat quick and easy recovery are pretty much gone. I also have no idea how I will ever be able to get to 500mg's every day.

I believe I will always have to deal with the depression this medicine causes and right now I can't see how treatment is not going to be considerably longer than 6 months.

I also have to try to get this wisdom tooth that is bothering me taken out at some point, but I am somewhat afraid due to the adverse mast cell reaction I have had in the past to anesthesia. The last thing I need during this treatment is a full blown mast cell reaction.

no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

I am also not sure how much I should be pushing myself to exercise during treatment. Not sure if it is helping or hurting.
hiker53
Member # 6046

NLIF—I am no expert but I think a lot of LLMD’s recommend exercise when you have Lyme if you can manage it.

I know without exercise I get depressed (even before Lyme) but I also have to balance exercise with fatigue factor.

I know Dr. B, early Lyme treatment pioneer, recommended exercise.

Look in medical at this. Scroll to page 31.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/109735
Author Topic: Dr B's 2008 Guidelines for treatment

--------------------
Hiker53

no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

hiker, thank you for the link. I have looked at his guidelines before but can't remember ever looking at his exercise recommendations.

He says that aerobic exercises are not allowed, and when I looked it up walking is considered aerobic. I am not ready to give up the walking I do, as I think it has helped me, but I am not going to try to do it every night as I have been, as he also recommends exercising no more than every other day.

The exercising I am doing at the gym seems to be pretty much what he recommends (light resistance training with machines and some free weights), so I will continue with that.

Since I am using the gym about twice a week, I think I will probably only walk twice a week also, and never on the same day as I use the gym. I had been doing both on the same day quite frequently.

I will probably start taking the disulfiram again on Friday or Saturday, probably w/ 100mg's and then after that will depend on how I feel. I could start again w/ 50mg's but part of me feels that I have to increase to substantially more than what I have been taking in order to have a chance to get totally well. I'll try to think some more about what dose I should take.

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys. Sorry I haven’t gotten here. I’ve been having problems with house. Exhausted trying to find plumber kitchen designer electrician and carpenter who will work together. I finished bagging leaves and did a lot of housework

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--I am always amazed at what you accomplish. Glad you are back posting.

NLIF-Sounds like you have a good plan for exercise. I know walking is aerobic but I think it is important to get outside and walk and enjoy the outdoors. Walking (albeit with trekking poles) kept me sane over the years.

Tutu--when do you get your MRI results?

I did my shoulder exercises. For some reason my surgical shoulder hurts more than normal.

Also did my balance exercises.

Went grocery shopping.

Filled the finch feeders. They are still hanging around.

Went to the functional chiropractor. He suggested a homeopathic for my adrenals. We will see if the ginseng it in agrees with me.

Got a lot of exercises bending over to clean up the large china platter I dropped. [bonk]

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Feeling “toxic” today.

Managed to do my shoulder exercises and balance exercises.

Friends came by and we sorted out items on my high shelves and took 6 large totes of various things to the thrift shop. If I ever move to a small condo I am sure there will be more to clean out.

Dickered with DirectTV about the huge increase in my bill. Didn’t make much progress. Hate to switch providers because I don’t want to get locked into a contract in case I move in the next year. Got some credit back for this month but they said to call in a few weeks to see if any promotions. Frustrating.

Settling in on the couch now with a good mystery novel.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LP .. Sorry you have to deal with all of that. We have PTSD over all that mess that we had.

Hiker .. hope the toxic feeling passes soon. Sorry that you lost the platter. I hope it was one that you were getting rid of.

Got the MRI results and they were lackluster. LOL. Showed the edema but not much of anything else. I DID think this was my "good" foot .. so I guess it is still true.

He offered to send me to a rheumatologist but I'm sure there aren't any meds I would tolerate.

He checked my uric acid level just in case and it is fine. Whew. My mom and dad both had gout.

So .. it was a long day yesterday. Got two PT appointments done and then went to the city.. Got home about 5:30.

I will continue PT work on my other shoulder, beginning next week. The left one is pretty good, but I need to do strengthening exercises on it. It's pretty weak.

I checked FB for news from JoAnn but she has not posted since they were on the plane.

FL .. doing OK today??

Where's manna?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Shoulder exercises as usual. Then to clinic for balance therapy.

Went to library. And ran a couple of errands.

Am at chiropractor now.

Tutu—glad there was no gout.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm here!

Had chiropractic adjustments on Wednesday, so we are all trying to take it easy in hopes of holding the adjustment longer. She told us we were all a mess!

One son needs to go back again on Monday.

Today one of the girls & I went fabric shopping - oh what fun! Now I can't wait to get started! I got 3 pieces of blue fleece to make a Nine Patch comfort.

Hubby helped the boys split wood earlier in the week. He basically just pushed the lever to run the splitter while the boys positioned the wood. But he was out helping!

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna, glad your hubby could get outside and run the wood splitter.

Shoulder exercise and balance exercises were on my agenda again today.

Did a load of laundry.

Made a meatloaf and put in the freezer.

Watched the Illini play horribly against Iowa.

Heading to my folks tomorrow as my brother and his wife are coming up from GA for a few days.

--------------------
Hiker53

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement