LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? Dec. 8, 2019

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? Dec. 8, 2019
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's another week in the record books!!

Hope you are having a great day!!

I handed out hand-made ornaments for those who helped with OCC this year. It was a longer list than I thought!! LOVE all the helpers!

Gotta run to the store (or hobble, same thing) .. and then take a nap, perhaps!

Maybe even some shoulder exercises will be on the list of things to do!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for starting this week off, Tutu.

I did a load of laundry and that is about it for my day.

Typically I take Sundays off from my exercises and let the body rest.

I will watch the St. Olaf College Christmas concert this afternoon (am live streaming it). I went to school there for several years and they are well known for their choirs.

Alas, I am not musically inclined although I did play the piano badly years ago along with the guitar.

I am off for my usual Sunday call with my mom.

Have a great week! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool on the St. Olaf! I attended a "sister" college in Texas and in January we would get students from other similar colleges in the US. St Olaf was one of them.

Did you take art, by chance? A long time member of our church (now deceased) was a professor of art at St. Olaf.

PS .. I've seen their Christmas concert online. It's always amazing. Our college has a great one too, but it's not as long.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shoulder and balance exercises completed.

Walked around yard picking up all the utility markers since internet company came and buried cable.

Paid some bills. 😕

Went to chiropractor. Back and knee big issues right now.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re-arranged my home office area so my desk and computer looks over our apartment lake through the window.

Cooked some Super Greens pasta which will be enough for 3 or 4 meals.

Going to walk tonight, first time in awhile. I had stopped the anatabuse for awhile to give my body a chance to rest, but resumed last Friday. Herxing some but not overwhelming.

Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

NLIF--I guess wanting the lake view means the pool is closed for the season.

I did my shoulder exercises this morning and then went to the clinic for balance exercises this afternoon.

Every time I go there is a new challenge. Very hard for me to loosen up my body and know that someone is there to catch me if I fall. They put a waist harness on me sometimes--just in case. Sure needed it today trying to walk across a "log" hands free.

Gassed up the car and then did odds and ends around the house.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my shoulder exercises this morning and my balance exercises this afternoon.

I went and got my haircut this afternoon and then stopped by the library on the way home.

I found out that one of my dear friends passed away from cancer. We grew up together and she was also my college roommate. She will be greatly missed.

Hope to get to my church service tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to ENT this morning. Wants a CT scan of sinuses. But ear tube is still in place. He also said to go to chiropractor so I am waiting there now.

Did my shoulder and balance exercises.

Otherwise just doing odds and ends at home.

--------------------
Hiker53

no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to do some work from home. Looking at the lake as I work and type this. Hiker, the pool isn't closed but the weather has changed down here with much cooler nights with lows in the 60's and 50's.

I've been in S. Fl. for too long, anything below 75 is sweatshirt weather, and pool water that isn't like a warm bath is a definite no for me [Smile] .

Took my second pill last night since starting back up last Friday. Some headaches and general achiness today but nothing extreme. I'm not even going to worry about anything until at least another three or four months.

Found out a friend of mine in Georgia got bit about six months ago and developed a bulls eye rash. He basically ignored it but now says he can barely work. He did not tell me at the time or I would have stressed how important it was to get immediate help.

I recommended antabuse and think he would have a great chance of recovery since he is still early in the disease, but he drinks a six pack a night and didn't sound too thrilled with maybe having to give that up.

Says he is just going to take the doxy some more that he got a month ago from someone he went to see, but it hasn't worked yet he says.

Back to work, going to be a late night.

Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry to hear about your friend, FL .. that's awful!!

Hiker .. I hope the CT will help shed some light on this problem!!

Took hubby to the ER last night with high BP .. it's been all over the place the past few days. So he was given meds last night and saw our Dr this morning.

BP was still high tonight but slightly better. I'm hoping after a few days of taking meds, it will gradually come down. It's a drug that is made to work slowly.

I went to see my friend's daughter in her 4th grade Christmas program. We had a good time and she did a great job. She had a duet in the program.

On the way home, we stopped to see a massive Christmas light display in the nearby city. It was cool.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

NLIF---Hope your friend listens to you.

Tutu--Hope hubby can get that bp under control.

CT scan scheduled for next Thursday. Splitting headache today.

I took the day off from shoulder exercises but did go to balance therapy at the clinic.

Went grocery shopping and ran a few other errands.

Stopped by church for some peaceful prayer time.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good on the prayer time. I need some tonight.

Went to our condos Christmas party .. mostly our Bible study group. It was fun and we played the "Dirty Santa" game with the gifts.

I won a prize on another game.

Hubby's BP is still way too high. We read that the med can take two weeks to lower the BP. He thinks the high BP might be from his glaucoma drops or his Simbicort.

The Dr gave him a different inhaler. We just now read about the eye drops.

I need to do my shoulder exercises tonight.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my shoulder and balance exercises.

Did one load of laundry.

Went to memorial service.

Graduation party tonight.

[ 12-14-2019, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement