LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you Can do today: Mar 8, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you Can do today: Mar 8, 2020
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go gang with another week of moving and grooving!

Let's jot down what we're doing for exercise to encourage each other to move!

Just about anything goes as exercise on this friendly thread! If you're walking, running, doing laundry, cooking, gardening, kayaking, stretching, yoga, etc. please post it here!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far for today I've done some stretching of the old SI joint and ran some errands with my Mom. Am debating on doing some light yard work or cutting out my dress pattern. Might have to flip a coin on that one! LOL!

[lol]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ak--Thanks for starting the thread this week. I vote for yardwork if the weather is nice. But, I don't sew, so that would be an easy decision for me.
[Big Grin]

I ran several loads of laundry this morning.

I went to the recycling center.

Winds are now gusting up to 45 mph, so I guess I am not getting my walk in today.

I need to cut back my clematis one of these days, but it may be a little early for that.

Off to read and then watch Illini basketball.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My exercise was attending church.

Skipped eating out and went to the grocery store instead. I bought more meat so I'm ready if we get stuck inside.

Don't wanna starve, ya know!?

Ak .. What did you decide on today?

Good job on the laundry, hiker! I didn't do much today. Had a nap too.

AK already saw this on FB. It cracked me up big time! I could be Chad in this video. I have a stash. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghk1UTF0QeU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR19-5deFUF311j5HTocLqWr82BZkyKAMT1ryRA1F8Jbh_iBFtAKMwA-PJU

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu--Got quite a laugh at the youtube video.

I did my 4 shoulder exercises this morning.

This afternoon I did my balance exercises and knee exercises and stretches.

I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce and froze most of it.

Rainy and another wind advisory. So other than going down to the mailbox and later taking out the garbage bin, I am inside all day.

Worked on my Bible study.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I didn't pick up tree limbs or work on my dress! I was a slug!

Today I just did some stretching for my SI joint and ran errands. Then came home and picked up my Mom and ran more errands.

Talked with another person that I'm using as a work reference so just one more to go and I'll have the necessary 3 work references. I've jazzed up my resume but I like my old one much better. The newer ones are so generic!

Hiker I enjoyed the video too! I need to start exercising again. You're inspiring me!

TuTu I laughed my head off watching the video! I've been a slug lately outside of running errands. Hoping I can get back in the swing of things.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seriously laughed out loud at it since I have my own stash.

I have an extra package of TP for my friend and she has some extra soap for me. I couldn't find my ONE soap I am able to use. She couldn't find her favorite TP.

The dealership called and said my car was checking out as OK. They will check the transmission fluid tomorrow. They didn't have much time left to check it today, but they drove it.

We have to go to the dentist tomorrow so my car will sit over there awhile. It took two hours for the tow truck to show up. They told me 45 minutes.

So .. wasted day.

I did manage to wash our pillows and I cooked two meals. That's exercise for me.

Keep going on the work resumes, AK!! Woot!!

Hiker .. I guess I need to get busy on my Bible study tonight since I will be gone most of the day tomorrow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby was feeling rather lousy today. Full moon doesn't help any. He did sit out on the patio for awhile. One of the cats climbed into his lap while another climbed up on the back of his chair and purred on his shoulder.

I helped my daughter hang wash on the lines. It was a lovely spring day! There was enough wind that the towels feel like they came from the drier!

Also managed to finish trimming the grapevine. Now that is off my list of things to do.

Cut out another dress for myself. I have 3 cut... now to get them sewed. Its supposed to rain tomorrow. That's always a good time to sit & sew.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to physical therapy for my shoulder.

Am waiting at chiropractor now.

Otherwise I have had a lazy day.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just SI joint stretching today. Ran a couple of errands and just vegged.

One thing I did today was finish my resume, got the last OK for my job reference and applied for a job online. Yay! There's a couple more I'm interested in but one website I had trouble with and the other job is on the weekend only.

So I'm on the way to finding a job!

TuTu I hope they can figure out what's going on with your car!

Manna hope your hubs feels better soon. Kudos on getting the dresses cut out!

Hiker I'm with you on the lazy day! I've been so tired lately! I'm fasting again and recently started alpha lipoic acid so that might be the reason.

Well....off to bed! See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my shoulder exercises this morning.

Went to the grocery store. They are out of hand sanitizer but I have a tiny bottle in my backpack and one in my car. Grabbed my usual amount of groceries. Probably should have gotten a few more items for the pantry.

I wanted to refill my seizure meds but it is a controlled substance so I have to wait a few more days.

I did my balance exercises this afternoon.

Went to school district office to pay my health insurance premium. Stopped at thrift shop to get a jigsaw puzzle in case I am stuck in for awhile. Probably only a matter of time before COVID 19 cases start appearing in my town.

Am going to work on my Bible study for tomorrow.

Will probably go to church tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worked this morning.

Went to the bank & post office after lunch.
Had several phone calls - and made a couple - does exercising your jaws count? LOL

Actually got a few seams sewed on my dresses! Want to go work at the sewing again this evening.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Believe it or not, I actually went to the Y and did my 20 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes of rowing. Also walked 3 laps to warm up and 3 to cool down. Also blissed out in the sauna for about 15 minutes. Did 3 loads of laundry too.

Well...I need prayers you guys. I got an email today that I have an interview this Friday at 3:00 and I'm super nervous! The job is at an insurance company and the position is for an administrative assistant.

I'm trying not to stress out because if it's meant to be all will work out but interviewing is kinda like public speaking for me. LOL!

So...prayers will be much, much appreciated!

Hiker COVID 19 is reeking havoc! I know at Josh's school they're already talking strategies in case they close down. They've already said if school gets shut down classes will extend however long is necessary. Josh is totally bummed about it.

Manna working out the old jaw muscles counts as exercise! I looked at my material and pattern today but that's as far as I got. LOL!

Well...time to veg. I downloaded a Pulitzer prize winning novel(All the Light We Cannot See) to my kindle and think I'll do a bit of reading tonight.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Will be sure to pray for you, AK!!! I know you will knock 'em dead!

I got my car back yesterday. It seems to be fine. I have no idea what happened to it, but I hope it continues to do just fine.

They didn't charge me for evaluating it!!

This corona thing is quite worrying for us oldsters who have like 5 underlying health conditions. Sigh.

Hubby and I are both at risk.

I'm off to get a few more things today .. trying to stay safe. No confirmed cases here YET. I'm sure it's a matter of time.

Stay safe everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manname--Of course gabbing on the phone counts as exercise!

AK--Saying prayers for your interview tomorrow.

I did my shoulder exercises this morning.

Then went to Bible study. Only half the group was there due to traveling and illness.

Went to the local coffee café and had a cup of decaf while I read the newspaper and worked the crossword puzzle.

I am trying to get out and about as much as possible because I have a feeling that in a few weeks, my area will have the COVID19 and I will have to stay put.

My knee was bugging me so much today that I neither walked nor did my balance exercises. That is very disheartening as I just started to get my strength and balance back to do more.

Off to think about dinner and read. Sadly NCAA basketball cancelled so I won't be watching my beloved Illini play in the Big 10 tournament or NCAA tourney. And this year they were good!

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Worked this morning. Then sat down for a little after lunch.

Went to the bank and post office and then stopped at Dollar General for gift bags before coming home.

Hung bedding and table cloths on the line to dry.

Only got a little bit of sewing done today. I got the elastic in the sleeves of one dress.

Hubby's gut is not happy and he said he's been taking a nap most mornings. He hoping the napping means he's healing, not relapsing. He changed the cbd oil he was taking.... Other than that I don't think anything changed in his supplements.

My hip is bugging me. Trying to decide if I should schedule an appointment with my chiropractor before my regular once a month appointment.

AK, hope your interview goes well tomorrow!

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Was at the gym this morning around 7:45. Repeated yesterday except worked harder on the elliptical. Made me too hungry later so ended up eating more than my evening apple, darn it! Wolved down a sweet potato, chicken salad and some organic blue tortilla chips. Not good when fasting!

Took Mom to her PT appointment and we shopped at a local grocery store and then made a commissary run.

The Navy band concert we were going to attend tonight was cancelled. In fact, the Navy band pulled the plug on the rest of their concerts and headed back to DC. Scary, scary!

TuTu thank you for the prayers! There was no toilet paper at the commissary today! First time I've ever seen that! Josh is worried they're going to close the schools down. You guys be safe too!

Hiker thank you for the prayers! Glad you're getting out and about even with your knee acting up! I used to go for coffee quite a bit in AK. Miss the Purple Moose drive thru coffee place that had daily specials. Be safe!

Manna thank you for the well wishes! You did quite a bit after working! Our yard guy came today so I can put off my yard work and do some sewing. I feel guilty because the cutting board, fabric and pattern are laying in plain view in the extra bedroom. LOL!

Off to read for awhile!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--hope your hubby feels better as does your hip.

I went to PT for my shoulder today. We talked about my sore knee and she said to back off certain exercises I do for balance for awhile. Sigh. I was making such progress.

I washed my flannel sheets and put them away for the season. That is sure to bring winter back.

Friend coming over this evening.

[ 03-13-2020, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my shoulder exercises and the half of my balance exercises that don't hurt my knee.

I did one load of laundry.

I made a meatloaf and froze half of it.

After the snow let up I went to CVS to get some alcohol prep pads. Figured they would be a good way to clean my cell phone (or at least the case around it).

Schools will close here on Monday until March 30.

The public library is closed here but open in a neighboring town and my card works there. Will try to get there early in the week before it closes. Must have books!! [Big Grin]

My parents' retirement center is on lockdown, so I cannot go visit and my brother will have to cancel his trip up from Georgia. Better safe than sorry, but I hate not being able to go see them.

Am going to read a bit and watch the idiot box tonight. Have a great evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Slept in til 9:00 or so and went to the gym. Did my 3 laps to warm up and cool down. In between those walked laps I did 20 on the elliptical and 10 on the rower. Another 15 minutes in the sauna to help with sore under used muscles.

Stopped at the plant nursery on the way home and bought herbs and flowers to pot. So spent about a couple hours outside today.

Hiker are you going through sports watching withdrawal? LOL! I know....it's no laughing matter! Josh told me tonight they closed the library! Thank God I have their app on my Kindle so I can download books.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement