LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Dancing With The Stars

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am surprised that no one else posted this topic!

I'm VERY surprised by Ralph and Kirstie. They did extremely well.

Ralph---being 30 and Kirstie being 40. LOL

Never would have thought either of them older than that. Ralph is close to 50 and Kirstie is 60.

WOW....Kudos to them both for doing an awesome job.

And Wendy and Petra, I love them too. Wendy for just being that Jersey Girl Wendy. And Petra for being Petra.

Petra is beautiful inside and out. She survived the 2004 tsunami but lost her fiance. That's something you survive but don't ever get "closure" from.

I was very touched to see how emotional she got when she heard about Japan. It was clear that her heart went out to those who were suffering. She probably won't win. But she's still a winner.

My 3 faves--Petra, Kirstie, Wendy and for the men, well Ralph, hands down.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love kirstie and hope she wins.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kirstie could win.. she will be in the running a long time because she is so fun to watch!

Who was the first girl? She was very good!

enjoyed Ralph too and the NFL player. Loved Sugar Ray!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alana, my friend - I see you are impressed with the very same dancers who impressed me! Ralph blew me away, and I was really surprised at how good Kirsty is! I guess I'm a reality show junkie - watching Idol right now!

I'll PM you later.

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, lymelady. We are impressed by the same dancers. That shouldn't surprise you!! After all we do have extremely refined tastes.

I am a reality show junkie 100%. I love DWTS and Idol. And I admit to watching the "Real Housewives" franchise shows.

I'd love to be Bethenny or Caroline or NeNe for just a day or two. They crack me up and I see myself in them. And more power to them! They are "real" reality people.

That Alexis person being all about Jesus/Hallelujah/Amen/God-is-good/Jim or whatever the hell his name is keeping her "in line"/God loves me for who I am despite my breast implants/botox/boob jobs/fill-in-the-blank...is such a load of crap.

I'd like to ask Alexis: now that you've found God how has your life changed?

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I'm officially crushing on Ralph Macchio! I think the judges were a bit harsh - I thought Ralph was a PLEASURE to watch! 7's my foot!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph was SO good last night! Amazing! Didn't he say he had never danced before? All that karate must have made him more aware of his body.

Kristy did a good job too! Still love Sugar Ray. Always liked that guy! The NFL star was good too.

Fun to watch all of them! Who was the guy at the beginning? His partner had on that cute pink and black outfit? They were so fun to watch!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Shucks, I don't know. I missed the first hour of the show. The guy who had the lowest score coming in to this week is really a terrible dancer! Easy on the eyes face-wise and seems so nice, but I've got a feeling he'll be the first to go home.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Can't remember who that is. I wasn't paying close attention last night!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

here ya go

http://tv.yahoo.com/dancing-with-the-stars/show/38356/photos/season-12-couples/681;_ylt=AkpEFGrjL.WnNdcdi6pEbKWKv9EF

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kirstie Allie is awesome!! She is so impressive. I hope she stops talking about her weight, though.

And Ralph Macchio! Nothing to say. No surprise there!!

(I did have a Karate Kid poster on my wall "way back when").

I've never seen some of these celebrities before, but it looks like a good group, like they are real celebrities.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Well, the personal stories were so emotional tonight that I was crying through practically the whole show!

Kirstie and Maks had quite a stumble, but recovered so gracefully.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I missed a lot of it because I was watching the NCAA basketball game.

I did see a few. Saw Kirstie's fall. Maks was so embarrassed because it looked like he couldn't hold her up due to her weight. He said that it was his fault.

Who's the girl that lost her husband in the tsunami? She was great.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Yes, Petra. I'm not sure of her last name. She was gorgeously graceful last night. My Ralphie-boy didn't do as well this week, but still good.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I know... I missed Ralphie!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Ralph - how I love thee. And I liked your fancy clothes tonight, too!

--------------------
I want to be free

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Ralph and Hines and that girl from Disney rocked it tonight. And sweet Petra did too. Kirstie, well I was rooting for her too.

The rest of them could go home if were up to me.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Lymetoo
Member # 743

agree! Poor Kirstie was injured and couldn't give it her all.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

I still like Ralph, but he looks better in fancy dress clothes than he does in jeans! He didn't do as well tonight. [Frown]

That wrestler, Chris, is starting to impress me. I'm kind of hoping it's the end of the road for Kendra.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

yeah, I'm tired of Kendra .. is that the reality star? right??

I didn't watch much of it. I was busy. Kirstie did great. I just saw Ralph's outfit. Not too flattering!! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Yeah, Kendra is the Playboy bunny with the reality shows. There's something about her that bugs me.

Yeah, that big belt buckle on Ralph and the tight jeans - just didn't work for me!

Right now Kirstie and Chris, 2 of my favorites, are in the bottom! Gotta keep watching to see how it goes!

--------------------
I want to be free

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Aww, that sweet lady, Petra, is out! Kendra wasn't even in the bottom 3! Where's the justice?

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I missed the show. Dang.

I agree .. there is something icky about Kendra. Can't believe Petra is out. Good grief.

And Kirstie at the bottom??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Petra is out unfortunately. She is just the sweetest thing. She is so beautiful inside and out and has such a good heart. I wish I remembered the name of her charity. It was all about the kids who endured the tsunami.

That Kendra, well don't even get me started on her. Her biotching and moaning alone about elegance should have sent her packing.

Ralph, what were you thinking?? That costume alone should have put you in the bottom 3. But there is a God. (high note "aaahhh")

Kirstie and Chris will be back next week. I had no idea about this Chris person but he's really shown his stuff.

And Kirstie WOW, I give her uber kudos for dancing with a good bit of tummy thinly-veiled by material. Go Kirstie. If that's what 60 is, thank you!

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, that outfit of Kirstie's was SO unflattering. They really blew it on that one. Made her look even bigger in the wrong places. But man, she's got RHYTHM!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Ralphie-boy, I hope you're safe tonight! I loved that outfit he had on, but it tripped up Karina!

Bruno is hilarious - loved the tape they played of him as a backup dancer for an Elton John video way back when. His critiques are so over-the-top, too!

--------------------
I want to be free

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

OMG, how hysterical was that video of Bruno from back in the day? I'd love to see footage of the other judges from their dancing days.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Dang!! I missed that!! And I'm not taping these this year. Shoot!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Ralph!!! Dear Ralph, you did beautifully tonight! The show is so fun to watch!

--------------------
I want to be free

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Ralph did a good job tonight. And that Chelsea, how cute is she? I think she'll ultimately win.

Who the heck was that guest judge?? I thought he was way off the mark.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Yeah, Chelsea has the most dancing talent, and is very cute. I guess the guest judge was some award-winning ballroom dancer whose specialty is Latin dance. Len said he judged him when he was a 10 year old and knew he would go far.

--------------------
I want to be free

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Poor Ralph was injured this week - It probably means he'll be out of the competition because it affected his dancing. [Frown]

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I know. Not fair!! Kirstie looked great tonight!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Yes, she has lost tons of weight! I wish I could hoof it around the dance floor. Even before Lyme got me, I was the uncoordinated queen! I tried country line dancing years ago and could NOT do the steps. It was a lot of fun to try, though!

--------------------
I want to be free

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

After tonight's show, I think Hines and Kym for the win! He is one smooth mover! Thank God Kym wasn't seriously injured when her neck was injured last week!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

yeah, Hines is really really good!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow what a great show last night. I think Hines is the winner. What a great person he seems to be.

Lymetoo, Stevie Nicks tonight. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh.. thanks.. I'll have to tape it. I was out last night too and taped that one.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

As I suspected, Ralph didn't make it to the finals. Seems like he didn't improve as fast as the other contestants. Maybe his leg was still bothering him too much.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AWWW.. I missed the show and didn't tape it. Sorry to hear that he had to leave.

Yeah, I think he must be hurting. (now double)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kirstie needed a new outlook in life and I think Maks and dancing is great for her. She has taken such a beating from the ugly papparzzi.

Go Kirstie!!!

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Go Kirstie!! woohooo!!! I love all 3 contestants. I'll be happy with whoever wins...but Kirstie is knocking it out of the park tonight!!

Chelsea was incredible. Hines... super as always. [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

I missed it tonight - traveling back from MayDay and picketing in front of the White House! Fun and exciting!

--------------------
I want to be free

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Hines wins!! Yea!!!!!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, NY!!

yeah, he's really really good. Maks looked like maybe he was mad or very upset.

Hines lost a lot of weight too, didn't he?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

I think so - his brilliant smile and smooth moves were a pleasure to watch!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Those football players know how to move! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Member # 2022

I hadn't opened this thread and I finally watched finale tonight. All I caught was a little clip from Kristie on TV. So from what I heard I thought she might have won.

Surprised me. But Hines was really the better dancer. She was a great actress on the dance floor.

Football players are always good on the dance floor. Jerry, Emmett, and someone else besides Hines?

Or was it a basketball player? Maybe so, tall dude? really tall?

Pam

--------------------

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

I was thrilled that Kirstie made it into the finals---woohoo for 60!!!

And Hines did a great job. I really thought that Chelsea would take the win. She was the best dancer from a technical point of view. And how adorable is she?

I think the top 3 were the right ones. Any one of them deserved to win. Congrats Hines!

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Lymetoo
Member # 743

See .. 60 is not bad at all!! (that's my age) .. I am a younger 60* than Kirstie but my body wouldn't allow me to dance like that thanks to LYME. [bonk]

*few wrinkles, no grey hair

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement