LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Computer Questions » Everyone is unregistered?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Everyone is unregistered?
beck
Member # 43653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but on my end underneath everyone's username on the forum it says 'unregistered' even for the forum moderators.

I cannot click on any of the usernames and also cannot private message anyone because everyone is showing up as unregistered.

Posts: 91 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tbrown
Founding Member
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tbrown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for bring that to our attention. Things should be back to normal now.

Regards,
-Tom

--------------------
 -
Thomas Brown
LymeNet System Administrator and Founding Member

Posts: 82 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Oct 1993  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beck
Member # 43653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great! Thanks.
Posts: 91 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
still winning
Member # 44439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for still winning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a month of being told I was not registered, just today I re-registered as a new name just to be able to contact the webmaster.
C’mon lymenet, why did it take over a month? No one notified lymenet of the problem? And today, 8-21-14, I was still told I was not registered.

Now I’ll have to protest too loudly. Truthfully I am not much of a complainer, but I do think lymenet should have been public about the problem. Remember, the cover-up is worse than the problem.

It’s the government which lead to the modern spread of lyme disease (geneva convention, plum island non lethal biological weapon development, hurricane blows apart plum island, lyme follows in about 2 years-not my theory but compelling evidence exists). It’s the government which always denies and covers up. Lymenet, don’t be like the government or you will lose your credibility.

Even today lymenet should announce loudly of the registration problem and apologize. If not you are covering up which leads to demise or credibility loss.

Please make an announcement similar to this: "Dear Lymenet community, it has come to our attention that members are being told they are not registered or are experiencing similar problems. We have fixed/are fixing the problem and apologize for any inconvenience or loss of use of the site. Thank you for alerting us to the problem. Sincerely, Lymenet management.

Still Winning (formerly “We’ll Win”, but had to re-register after a month of being told there was no “We’ll Win” registered.

Posts: 55 | From Maryland | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/search

Archives

we'll win
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11112

Searching under the GENERAL forum, I found several posts of yours - by typing your NUMBER into the last option box. This shows you as still being registered, after all.

--------

Still, the computer volunteer(s?) may not come around very often. Guarantee, though, no cover up. This is just a volunteer group, no conspiracy.

Sometimes I mess up on my pass word and it tells me I'm not registered.

If there is still a glitch, though, I hope someone can explain it but it may take a while. Also, this being piggy backed onto another thread where the issue had been solved, this may not be so noticed.

You may get faster attention posting in the General Forum.

I just stumbled upon this by accident. On the main forum page today, I saw that "still winning" was registered as new here and I wondered about what "still winning" was doing to be winning. We all just want to know what's working for others when it does work. that led me to your post here.

But it may be a while before anyone else see it. In the meantime, you might try again and see if you can sign in with your told account. It came right up for me.
-

[ 08-21-2014, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
still winning
Member # 44439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for still winning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keebler,

I appreciate your input, but you are wrong. Once again I tried logging in as “we’ll win” and was told, as I have been told for over a month now, “Sorry, we have no one registered with that name. Use your browser’s back button to try again”.

After the problem started, I did the same thing you did to see if I was still in the system and not redacted. I found at least one old post so when I wrote an email to the webmaster, from whom I have not yet received a response, I was able to include my registration number as 11112, as you found.

Keebler, I am coming down hard on you because I do not need an apologist or rationalizer. It doesn’t help. It is a major problem. It has always been difficult to contact Lymenet management with concerns or problems. I looked up their “url? billing phone number but could not get through. Only then I realized I had to re-register.

My point is, we get the grief and bad stuff from the government, majority of doctors, press, et. We don’t need to be getting bad stuff from our own friends, the Lyme community. So when I am told “Sorry, we have no one registered with that name…” when you and I both know I am registered, then that is major. Fine, we’re all human, we all make mistakes, I make plenty of them. But the thing to do is to apologize and at least try to correct the problem. Don’t pretend it doesn’t exist or make it difficult to contact Lymenet to tell them of the problem.

Keebler, if you have some inside input, then please help me find out why “we’ll win”-me-is being told “we’ll win” is not registered.

You wanted to know what “we’ll win” (and now “still winning”) signifies. It’s the attitude that in order to conquer lyme and get healed we can’t give up. We have to keep fighting the government and majority of the medical community until we can bring them on the right side, show them they were wrong, and have them develop the cure. The same attitude applies now. Someone tell me of the glitch, let’s fix it and let’s move on.

Keebler, it’s late, I’m tired and I can’t remember what I wanted to say to close. But I wanted to say something nice to you.

How about, thank you Keebler. Thank you for your concern and suggestions. How about something real nice: Keebler, I can’t wait till you are cured, I am cured (lyme for over 20 years) and the whole lyme community is cured. But in order to do that we have to keep fighting/advocating until one day….

We’ll Win…and in the mean time we’re Still Winning.

Thank you Keebler.

Still Winning

Posts: 55 | From Maryland | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I logged in today 8/25 and everyone is still unregistered.

I hope this glitch is fixed soon!

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tbrown
Founding Member
Member # 3

Icon 2 posted      Profile for tbrown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by still winning:
Even today lymenet should announce loudly of the registration problem and apologize. If not you are covering up which leads to demise or credibility loss.

Thanks, "Still Winning", for showing everyone what a complete troll you are. We are entirely self-funded volunteers who have been donating our time, money, and hearts to this project for over 20 years. So sorry that our system experienced a glitch due to a widely-distributed off-shore hacking attempt and that we didn't get notified of it and fix the problem to your satisfaction. We'll be sure to give you a complete refund of your purchase price.

It's thankless, self-entitled people like you that make this job miserable at times. Luckily I can see beyond your complaining and remind myself of our mission to provide a free service to the other 23,674 active users who might derive some benefit from this community.

-Tom

--------------------
 -
Thomas Brown

Posts: 82 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Oct 1993  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
still winning
Member # 44439

Hey Tom Brown, please take it easy. I also do many, many hours of volunteer service. You missed my point and perhaps didn’t read what I said.

First, for a month I have been told I have been unregistered. I emailed the webmaster and asked for a private post. I tried calling, but had no success getting through. So first of all I did everything privately to try to resolve the problem, and certainly not to embarrass. But no one contacted me. I didn’t know every one else was experiencing the same problem.

Please look at the situation from my side. I can’t access my account and I cannot inform Lymenet of the problem. This has been going on for a month with no word from Lymenet.

Without the harshness, all Lymenet had to say a month ago was “we have a computer problem, so hold on” and I would have been completely understanding. And now that you informed me, I am completely understanding.

You have to admit, if Lymenet is just learning of the problem that has existed for a month, then it seems it is difficult to communicate with the management.

Tom, I completely appreciate what you and Lymenet do. It’s a fantastic service.

I have had lyme for over 20 years, been a lyme leader, participated in protests, participated in advocacy, and will talk to those in the Lyme community 24 hours a day.

I apologize for offending you and Lymenet in any way and hope we can get this behind us.

Still Winning (formerly “We’ll Win)

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
Still Winning,

You may have tried to log on during the couple of DIFFERENT times this happened. No one who didn't stay logged on was able to long on when "everyone unregistered?" happened. There are couple threads about that in General. Most apparently don't log off each night but I do, on all sites.

While I could log on or post, it helped to know something odd was going on.

But those still logged on often post when there is a glitch in the system - with the "unregistered" stuff. Usually in the General forum. The issue the past several weeks have had many post so that I could know it was not just my computer issue.

And, I could still search if I was interested in finding certain information. So that function was still functioning, even if I could not sign on.

Sometimes, usually with storms in the eastern shore, the server will be down. That can be irritating to not be able to do all I'm used to, with any site. I recall how I used to do research, get myself to various libraries, drag out books, etc. and I just have to back up and take a breath.

I have noticed that this computer age tends to make me want everything right now. And that can spread to other aspects of my life, too. And that's not how people are always able to actually work - for free when they have full lives and responsibilities elsewhere, too.

Just because your volunteer experiences were what they were does not mean we can dictate what others who can volunteer their precise time to help us should be doing on what time line.

When there are blips on the screen, a hostile attitude is never fair to those on the other end - good people who are likely doing their best, all things considered.

You tell me that you are "coming down hard on you because I do not need an apologist or rationalizer." (end quote)

Well, I was just offering some background. And, just bad timing as the glitch happened again. Not rationalizing, just offering a possible explanation. Your "coming down hard" on anyone for trying to help really sets an unnecessarily harsh tone.
-

[ 08-26-2014, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Tom,

Thanks for your help . . . all you do here. It really helps us all learn - to have such a good forum. Thanks for that opportunity.
-

still winning
Member # 44439

Keebler,

You and I are discussing different problems, causes and resolutions.

Our trains are running on different tracks and the energy used to propel then to their natural destination could better be utilized on other positive pursuits.

I apologize for offending you in any way.

Sincerely,

Still Winning (formerly “We’ll Win”)

tbrown
Founding Member
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tbrown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still Winning--if you haven't bothered to notice, your old account is still active and operational. I even initiated a password request which will have been sent to the E-mail registered on that account (which is slightly different by one digit than the one you are now using).

Rather than posting all kinds of unnecessary negative suppositions, accusations and demands, why not try a different approach and just stick to the simple facts and be positive then people might actually want to help you, both from a technical support perspective as well as in the rest of your life (including possibly in your treatment; can you imagine how a physician might react and distance themselves from you if you treated them that way? Just saying...).

-Tom

--------------------
 -
Thomas Brown

still winning
Member # 44439

Tom,

I just tried it again. I can log in with “Still Winning”. I cannot log on with “We’ll Win”. The same message keeps appearing when I try to log on, “sorry, we have no one registered with that name. Use your browser’s back button to try again.” So no my “we’ll Win” account is not operational. But “Still Winning” is operational.

I don’t know what email account you tried using, I haven’t received anything yet. But I have two accounts from 2007, when I think I registered as “We’ll Win” that either are non operational, or I don’t use anymore.

Why don’t you send me a private post so we can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you.

Still Winning (formerly We’ll Win)

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
still winning... Are you still having trouble? Let me know.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement