LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » NEW Link here to Contact Your Senator Congressman President Take Action on LYME Now

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW Link here to Contact Your Senator Congressman President Take Action on LYME Now
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 4 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NEW Link here to Contact Your Senator Congressman President Take Action on LYME Now

This campaign is targeting your Governor, members of your State Senate, members of your State House, the President of the United States, members of the US Senate and members of the US House of Representatives.

* New Date * - Ends December 31 2010

your action will be sent out to most important people for this matter through the web site

you may start your own action or take action in the one i started on Lyme Disease Epidemic

here is the direct link

http://healthcare.change.org/actions/view/lyme_disease_epidemic

the more the better

Very Easy and Only Takes a Minute

Good luck !!!

Thank You.

Best Regards,
Eric

[ 04-15-2009, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eric,

i edited yours and added more; i don't know if mine went as i had or not.

lost it 2-3 times!!! [Mad]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 4 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, you may add your own words there to best suit your needs,

also i started actions there for...

Free Equal Health Care For All

and

Spinal Injuries of the Spine and Herniated Discs

and

Please Stop the Denials of Pre Existing Conditions by the Insurance Companies

and

We want Genuine Cures and Not Just Drugs by the Big Pharma Companies

so Take Actions on those too, for yourself, your children and your loved ones...

Now is the Time !!!

Thank You.

[Smile]

[ 04-15-2009, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Just press the link

you add any comments you wish to my letter

and then just fill in your personal info

it will then be automatically sent out.

This campaign is targeting your Governor, members of your State Senate, members of your State House, the President of the United States, members of the US Senate and members of the US House of Representatives.

then just press the Send Letter button

Easy and Quick

Best regards,
Eric

[ 04-15-2009, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eric,

mine went thru with MY letter!

however, it went to my STATE'S SENATOR/HOUSE REP !! [Frown]

not sure if it went to my FEDERAL HOUSE REP WHICH IS THE PERSON WE WANT PLUS SENATORS IN DC !!

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i was setting off the checked boxes for whom to contact in the original letter,
i checked off ALL of them for ALL possible contacts.

so as you can see it is working, and yes it was sent to ALL

a good thing eh ?

hopefully now we will get much more exposure on Lyme and actual actions will be done.

glad its working

pass it along to everyone please...

and thank you for taking action.

best regards,
eric

[Smile]

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's an actual email that i got today...

i also got similar emails from others, state reps, congressmen, senators, etc.

Sent: Tue 1/13/09 10:10 PM
To: [email protected]

On behalf of President Bush, thank you for your correspondence. We appreciate hearing your views and welcome your suggestions. Due to the large volume of e-mail received, the White House cannot respond to every message. Thank you again for taking the time to write.

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eric,

i got this today from ANOTHER DIFFERENT person ... we are MAKING HEAD WAY!

Dear Betty,

We wanted to tell you about a new feature on Change.gov which lets you bring your ideas directly to the President.

It's called the Citizen's Briefing Book, and it's an online forum where you can share your ideas, and rate or offer comments on the ideas of others. **********************************

The best-rated ones will rise to the top,

and after the Inauguration, we'll print them out and gather them into a binder like the ones the President receives every day from experts and advisors.

If you participate, your idea could be included in the Citizen's Briefing Book to be delivered to President Obama.

Visit the Citizen's Briefing Book now and share your ideas:

Throughout this Transition, a truly inspiring number of citizens have gotten involved. We hope that you remain involved through the Inauguration and beyond.
********************************* [Big Grin]

Thank you,

Valerie

Valerie Jarrett
Co-Chair
Obama-Biden Transition Project

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ERIC,

i went to the link above on my last post; and typed in lyme and 7-8 items popped up but NOT YOURS/MY LETTERS FROM LAST NIGHT [confused]

but i read ALL lyme letters and VOTED ON EACH; it goes up 10 points PER PERSON; YOU CAN VOTE ONCE ONLY!! ************************************

i added my letters and copied them to similar same subjects.

PLEASE VOTE EVERYONE EVEN IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE ANY COMMENTS!!! thanks [group hug] [kiss]

Ed B
Member # 12111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

There are two different sites to register: the first one Eric found

is to our state as well as federal reps; the second is to The

Briefing Book for the incoming president. They are separate and

different. To vote or submit a question you must sign in which

requires a log in. It is not difficult though. I do urge everyone to

get the word out.

They will shut this down in a couple of days. Here is the link

which brings you to a sign in page:

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/

There is one Lyme comment up so far with very few points/votes

compared to other comments.

Thanks Eric and Betty for getting these out.

Ed

Posts: 7 | From Portland Oregon | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ed B
Member # 12111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

There are two different sites to register: the first one Eric found

is to our state as well as federal reps; the second is to The

Briefing Book for the incoming president. They are separate and

different. To vote or submit a question you must sign in which

requires a log in. It is not difficult though. I do urge everyone to

get the word out.

They will shut this down in a couple of days. Here is the link

which brings you to a sign in page:

There is one Lyme comment up so far with very few points/votes

compared to other comments.

Thanks Eric and Betty for getting these out.

Ed

Posts: 7 | From Portland Oregon | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

hello ed, betty and everyone else,

as per lou's advice,

i went to the web original web site, and have revised my letter,
asking for the treatments for the coinfections, the need for llmds, as well as funding and bills to be passed.

i just hope that now more people would actually all participate in this very urgent and timely matter.

heres the actual link to their web site of this thread to take action in...

thank you all so much for taking part in this very urgent and timely matter.

best regards,
eric

slappy2779
Member # 12193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slappy2779     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted a new topic on the site link http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/ideaList.apexp?lsi=1 under "Chronic Lyme Disease Taken Seriously" here's what I wrote, please vote:

I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease 15 years ago in the state of NJ. The doctor who finally diagnosed me said I had it for at least two years. Meaning, I have chronic Lyme.

I've since moved to upstate N.Y. Two years ago, I started to have a serious relapse, I went to Strong Memorial Hospital, where they drew my blood, and gave me some antibiodic pills. A week later, while getting ready to go to work, I fell straight to the ground. My wife took me to the hospital where they lost my previous bloodwork. I told them I had a history of Lyme Disease and felt I was having a relapse.

The doctors ignored me, and redrew my blood for more bloodwork. I explained to them how they'll get a false negative since I've been on antibiodics for a week already. I showed them all the info on the disease, even referred them to a book my aunt wrote on the subject which is held highly by the acedemic community on info for Lyme. They continued to treat me like a hypochondriac, not even bothering to get my medical info from the hospital I was in for a month.

At the time I was in the hospital, if I had gotten the I.V. antibiodics I needed, I would not be confined to a wheelchair as I am now. The C.D.C. guidlines for treating Lyme is based on symptoms and whether or not the patient has had, or was in an area with a known infestation of Lyme. Again, they ignored me.

Even after I finally got a retest of my bloodwork, which showed I had positive anitbodies for Lyme, my doctor just told me it means I built an immunity. Again, ignored me when I explained to him you can't build an immunity to Lyme, hence the reason you can get reinfected, and even if that were true, then I would be a medical miracle whose blood could provide a cure.

I have been fighting to get treated, so I can get better. As it stands now, I am in a wheelchair, my left arm has started to get weak and numb from time to time, joint pain, I am fatigued, experiencing brain fog (which is really hard for me to handle since I am very smart, and used to have a mind like a steel trap, now I have trouble putting sentences together when I speak), , unable to comprehend large blocks of texts , migrains, I have literally been falling asleep at the drop of a hat (more than once almost fell out of my chair while my wife was talking to me), I had to quit school (I was going to school for pastoral ministry, am currently trying to finish up online, but struggling with money to pay for it now, and having trouble comprehending), and been experienceing mood swings.

My life has gone downhill the past three years, and the only thing that is keeping me from getting some semblence back is the proper treatment. I still may never be able to walk again, (the longer I stay this way, the lower my chances get) since I didn't get the treatment I needed when I needed it, but at least I can get my energy and brain function back.

This is all because the medical system is ruled by money and not the patient. There are people suffering worse than me, children, but because insurance companies refuse to acknowldege it doctors don't diagnose it. Those who do get ostrasized, black balled, and persecuted. For nothing more than trying to make peoples health better, and having the courage to stand up and say, "No, I don't care what the bean counters say, this person is sick, and this treatment is making them better."

Some doctors say long term antibiodics can possibly be detrimental to your health, yet we treat cancer with chemo, which is basically a poison. Why? Because the benefits outweigh the cost. Same thing with lyme. So what I'm asking is for the government to basically step in and fix this problem before it gets worse, and God forbid someone, or some child, dies and it gets out how it could have been prevented.

--------------------
C.D.C = "Country Doesn't Care"
Ticks are like Snipers, you don't know they're there, until you see the bullseye.

Posts: 86 | From Upstate New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 14 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slappy,

Thank you so much for taking part in this.

Though this is different than original Action there for Lyme Disease Epidemic, which I had started a few days ago,

http://healthcare.change.org/actions

(must search for Lyme Disease Epidemic these exact words only)

(to Avoid any possible Confusion for All, these are Two totally different Issues on the web site, each is just as Very Important as the other)

You are refering to the Citizen's Briefing book on that web site to Vote on which Ed had found,

Ok, cool...

On the Citizen's Briefing Book I too had Voted on All Lyme related topics and made some comments as well,

and ofcourse added some of my own New Topics there for...

Spinal Injuries of the Spine

and

Free Equal Health Care For All

and

Lyme Disease Epidemic

Please Vote on these too...

Thank you.

Best regards,
Eric

[Smile]

[ 18. January 2009, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/search/SearchResults?str=lyme

on this one you can leave a long post, leave comments and vote!!! Robin62 (I'm moving this comment from another thread as suggested by bettyg)

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just made a request in the citizens briefing book for a Lyme disease/coinfections public awareness campaign. I put it in the Education category.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
robin, i just came frfom that site, and i did NOT see anything from you!

also noticed ALL OUR VOTES BEING TAKEN AWAY BY SHOWING "DOWN" VS. UP !!!

so i sent en email to transition team about that. I ENCOURAGE others to use the contact click and do the same!

all our hard work is going down the drain due to our ENEMIES of chronic lyme and we can only guess who that is right? [puke] [tsk]

without naming names! [toilet] [cussing]

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:

so i sent en email to transition team about that. I ENCOURAGE others to use the contact click and do the same!

all our hard work is going down the drain due to our ENEMIES of chronic lyme and we can only guess who that is right? [puke] [tsk]

I'm confused. Where are you all linking to? Did I post this in the wrong place? I wrote a discussion (different sign in than I use here, which I will keep private) and there are comments to mine and it has points. What is getting voted down? I see on post being voted down that has a list of symptoms. ??? Robin62
Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

quote:
Originally posted by R62:
quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:

I'm confused. Where are you all linking to? Did I post this in the wrong place? I wrote a discussion (different sign in than I use here, which I will keep private) and there are comments to mine and it has points. What is getting voted down? I see on post being voted down that has a list of symptoms. ??? Robin62
I see now that post does not show votes down.. was it resubmitted? Or just not showing votes down. When I viewed it yesterday, it clearly showed votes up and down. Today, it looks like it was either resubmitted or votes were cleared. Robin62
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
robin, here's direct link to fill in CONTACT INFO to send to obama's transition team.

http://change.gov/page/content/contact/

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VOTING IS DONE !!!!

eric, please show something in your subject headings that VOTING IS OVER on ALL POSTS dealing with this subject!

i just got this from obama's transition team HQ:

Change.org presents Obama Transition Team with its Ideas for Change in America

There are four days until the Inauguration, and the country is alight with excitement, not just about the arrival of Barack Obama in the White House but also for the beginning of a new era of civic engagement.

We've tapped into this energy with our Ideas for Change in America, and today we held a press event at the National Press Club in Washington DC to announce the winners of the competition.

The 10 winning ideas reflect the diverse interests of the millions of people calling for change across the country,

and include ideas for

securing universal heath care, LGBT rights, and sustainable green energy.

All winning ideas can be viewed at

www.change.org/ideas

The winning ideas were accepted on behalf of the Presidential Transition Team by Macon Phillips, the Director of New Media and the person who oversees our second-favorite website, Change.gov.

Macon then addressed the attendees of the event, which included nonprofit leaders and grassroots activists, and spoke about the importance the administration will place on citizen-driven efforts like Ideas for Change.

With almost 8,000 ideas, more than 600,000 votes, and more than 175,000 participants,

the Ideas for Change initiative has shown the widespread interest across the country in renewed civic participation and direct engagement in policymaking.

And this is just the beginning.

Starting next week, each winning idea will be paired up with a sponsoring nonprofit, which will begin a national campaign to translate each into actual policy.

We'll be documenting the process here at Change.org, so look out for more from us soon.

As the nation gears up for next week's inauguration -- and a potentially record turnout to watch it unfold in Washington -- our bloggers are busy assessing George Bush's legacy, anticipating Barack Obama's future, and reacting to the actions of a swiftly moving Congress:

slappy2779
Member # 12193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slappy2779     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
REcreation use of Marijuana beat Lyme in the poll? That's ridiculous!

--------------------
C.D.C = "Country Doesn't Care"
Ticks are like Snipers, you don't know they're there, until you see the bullseye.

Posts: 86 | From Upstate New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 5 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But you can still vote there !!!

Voting IS Not Done.

I just did Vote again...

(you can actually sign in there under a different email, for more Votes)

And Take Action on Lyme Disease Epidemic is over on April 13th,

so there's still time on this one to get recognition.

[Wink]

[ 18. January 2009, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Ok, over 680 people so far, Please keep em going...

It only takes 1 minute.

http://healthcare.change.org/actions

(You may edit my letter prior to sending)

Thank you to All !!!!!

AmyPW8
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11504

Icon 14 posted      Profile for AmyPW8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was very easy. Thanks Eric! [Smile]

--------------------
Amy

Diagnosed April 29, 2007.

Posts: 136 | From Joplin, MO | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

My pleasure... [Smile]
Gerifrog
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerifrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sent mine out, I hope it helps.
Posts: 151 | From Kingston NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

eric, CHECK IN PLEASE; you've been off the board for 1 month; this is NOT like you at all.

we are very concerned about you eric!! thanks xox

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Hi,

I am back...

Glad to see all my friends are still here and hope you're all doing better.

I have changed the ending date on my original petition letter and made some revisions as was suggested by a few as well.

Also added a few other important Actions to take there as well, will add the links here soon.

In the General section I explained why I was away, basically pain, lots of it.

Be back soon.

Best regards,
Eric

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Betty G,

I cannot email you, says your box is full...

Best regards,
Eric

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Oh and by the way,

The Letter on the Lyme Disease Epidemic which now has over 1000 people who have signed it and sent the letters out, now has a new ending date.

It ends on Dec 31, 2010

This allows more of us to be heard.

Best regards,
Eric

[ 04-15-2009, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

lymeloco
Unregistered

Good luck and goodbye!
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
signed your petition/sent letter

Here's a current link for President Obama:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

[hi]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Senate Bill just introduced yesterday is Bill # S.1352 and has 5 co-sponsors already.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-1352

To View Co-sponsors:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:22:./temp/~bdl1f2:@@@P|/bss/|

Please contact both your state Senators to support S.1352

We need more accurate testing to help people which is one of the goals of this bill. Just go to: http://www.cwork.com click on your state and your Senate Reps name and phone numbers will be there. Please help and ask your Senator to co-sponsor S.1352.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement