LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Local County Health Dept. Incompetent ! ! !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Local County Health Dept. Incompetent ! ! !
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, my local county health department needs accountability on why they keep dragging their feet on protecting the public on TBI's. [bonk]

I m so mad right now, I m spitting bullets.(plus I don't feel good).

Last year I called them and asked what they were doing to educate the public on tick diseases. They said they allocate 1,000. $. to print brochures. I said I have never seen any brochures. They said the brochures are located throughout the county and at the county health dept. I asked about the lastest tick sweep results, positive cultures and percentages. (80% positive for Lyme and miyamotoi).

I never did make it down to my local health dept last year to pick up some of these elusive brochures, as I was declining in health.
But today I did.
Except NO brochures.

They had brochures for quitting smoking, STD's,vaccinations, Zika virus, HIV, teen pregnancy, transportation, drug and alcohol dependence, diseases and inoculation if leaving the county. Nothing about TBI 's.

How is this possible ? Have you ever thought you live in a different rhelm than everybody else ? Why isn't our message getting out ?

My local news stations (4) have a Lyme related story once a week since May. They GET IT ! Local vetenerians are back logged with sick pets. They GET IT ! Emergencies Rooms are recording a 10 fold increase in western blot tests ordered. They GET IT !

So I asked to speak to someone who could help me.
Today's conversation with a Health Dept Employee :

Bartenderbonnieadvocate(BbA) : Would you be so kind as to give me 50 brochures on Lyme disease and ticks for me to hand out at my local park ?

Health Dept Employee(HDE) : I don't know what you're referring to. . . We haven't recieved anything from the county or state.

BbA : But I called and was told they would be available to pick up here.

HDE : I m sorry.

BbA : Do you know our county tested positive in 80% of last years tick sweep ? Our county is considered Lyme epidemic ?

HDE : Tick sweep was conducted 15 miles east of here. There is NO confirmed case of Lyme here, that I know of.

BbA : That is absolutely NOT true according to the state's CDC Lyme map, which also states the numbers could be 10 times their amount. Also, animals infected travel great distances so it's here also.

HDE : Not really, we are talking mice that are carriers.

BbA : Any small, medium, or large mammal is a carrier. Along with birds, misquotes, and humans. I came hear to be able to educate my neighbors. I see I am educating you also. I do not blame you for not being current on the lastest outbreaks or research. I blame your department head, who 's job it is to inform his/her staff of evironmental infections and diseases that are detrimental to the public's health. I appreciate being able to have a polite discussion with you, as you can see, it is very important to me.

HDE : May I have your name and phone number ?

BbA : Not at this time, thank you so much.

Anyways, I went on the Lyme association website to order 200 brochures but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Kept taking me back to the home page. Got nowhere on my state health dept. website either.

P.S. I had a bladder treatment today downtown, which is how I ended up in the health department a few blocks away. I m tired.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alexkfiore
Member # 50671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexkfiore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Mad]
Posts: 32 | From Orange County, CA | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing that makes me madder than an incompetent public county health department is the federal incompetent and corrupt CDC.

28 days of antibiotics and you're cured. Pure lies.

How wonderful it would be if that were really true.

Double. [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Update :

Great news ! Just recieved Lyme brochures. Thank you Eva. 💚

Thery are now easily accessible in both my local libraries, post office, area grocery store community message boards, and numerous restaurants and bars along busy commerce corridor.

Oh how I wish I would have seen one of these brochures 4 years ago at the start of my wellness journey.

While it is the legal responsiblity of the county health department to protect its citizens of environmental epidemics, they have failed to do so.

They have the resources to help but refuse to do so. . .

Now I have to go down to the health department to make sure they are stocked with brochures and are displayed so the public is informed and can protect themselves.

Keep treating, keep fighting, never give up.

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry you had to deal with this situation! It has been the same for 30 years.

The health departments are bullied by the CDC to tow the line and because they claim they don't get funding for Lyme, they don't put out anything.

I ran into brick walls for 15 years... yes FIFTEEN years... before I realized there was no way they were going to educate people or help me. Yes, stupid me for believing they should, could, would help. They absolutely won't!

After getting angry over and over and over again, yes, 15 years of it- duh me, I finally decided one day to treat them like a pile of doggie poop on the floor.

What do you do when doggie poop is in your way? You step around it, not IN it.

Since then I've ignored them and worked on educating and helping people MY way. And it still burns my bee hind to be doing THEIR job for them for free!

You are wonderful to have gotten the brochures form Eva and shared them. Excellent work BBA! Please don't stop!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tried to add a photo to the MarylandLyme site, but I am once again, over the limit! UGH!

I was able to post it on Face Book for you.

https://www.facebook.com/lucy.barnes.5686

See if you can tell what is wrong with the info the health department made and took to the county fair.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Lyme brochures are now available at my Am-Track train station.

Along with all the other brochures that advertise the zoo, museums, dinning experiences, shopping centers, yada yada yada. . .

I put them next to the area's state parks and nature trails brochures.

P.S. Tincup, couldn't access your Facebook. Maybe you could e-mail me it ?

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Thanks Tincup.

I am learning from the BEST !

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement