LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tincup's Tea Recipe -- Try It!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tincup's Tea Recipe -- Try It!
Katydid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katydid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

Several months ago, Tincup posted her "recipe" for an herbal/green tea mixture. Just wanted everyone to know that I have become a regular consumer of this tea and think it is beneficial for the liver, kidneys, and lymphatic system. So my compliments to the Chef!

I've looked and looked (when not stopped by that darned LifeScript pop-up Ad...aaarrgh) but I can't find the original post. Hopefully, Tincup will happen along and help us out.

Here's how I prepare it:

4 bags green tea (decaf or regular or 2 of each)
2 bags dandelion root tea
2 bags red clover tea or 2 bags red raspberry leaves
2 bags Pao D'Arco (it is great for candida but did you know it's also good for Babesia?)
2 bags peppermint tea

I bring some water to a boil and steep all of the herbal tea bags in a 4 cup tea pot for about 20 minutes. The long steeping time is helpful to release the constituent ingredients of the herbs.

I steep the green tea bags in the same amount of water, but separately for about 5 minutes so the tea isn't too strong. I then combine the herbal tea and green tea into a large "Sun Tea" jar and dilute the mixture with water --otherwise, it's too concentrated for me.

I also add 1 or 2 packets of Stevia Plus sweetener (herbal, is not artificial, and contains FOS which is beneficial for your good bacteria). Tincup's original recipe called for added Milk Thistle tincture and liquid Germanium but I take those separately.

Refrigerate and try to consume within 2 days. Your body will thank you.

Posts: 1745 | From El Paso, Texas | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kaytdid sounds great but can I drink this stuff and still be legal to fly???? Or do I have to treat this like alcohol--8 hrs. between the bottle and the throttle.
Posts: 157 | From Dallas, TX | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katydid
Member # 1128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katydid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely, unless you allow it to ferment for a couple of weeks! Then we will call it Tincup's "Secret Recipe"!
Posts: 1745 | From El Paso, Texas | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we have the Pau D arco, I am going to put some sweet, juicy, honey in my tea! AHHH!!! Need sugar have PMS need chocolate...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Katydid...

I am so happy to hear someone tried it and liked it!!! And you didn't kick the bucket either! An added bonus!

OK.. One guinea pig down.. how many more to go??? hehehehe

I like your changes and additional info too.. Very good. Thanks for the kind words too...

Well.. I guess we have ONE survivor...

I did do several "searchs" here for the original post and I can't find it either??? Sometimes the little search button man likes me.. sometimes he don't!

I found the original file and will print it below for anyone interested.. but Katydid has a good mix right there... so no need really..

And Etta.. I SAW that! I owe you one... HA!

WC.. PLEASE PLEASE don't count on the tea to substitute for chocolate! Then you WILL be in a bad mood! YIKES! Chocolate is chocolate.. so go get a bottle of REAL Hersheys syrup and pour in down your throat asap!

The liquid is absorbed faster during a chocolate emergency!

And don't ask ME how I know that! Just a "guess"!

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the brain continues to hide when I need it...

Tincup's Tea Recipe

Mix a batch of herb tea (not as strong as pills and extracts). Mix one recipe
one day, the other recipe the next time, and alternate between the two. Then
add the liquid extracts listed below.

Recipe 1

Use the following tea bags:

4 green tea bags (decaf)- antioxidant, detoxifiers, blood cleansers, energy
booster. Contains chlorophyll, minerals, and enzymes.

2 organic peppermint- stomach settling, enhances digestion,. Use for chills,
cholic, diarrhea, headaches, nausea, spasms, and poor appetite.

2 Dandelion- reduces swelling and fluid buildup. Cleans blood and liver and
used as a diuretic. Reduces serum cholesterol and uric acid. Improves
kidney, pancreas, spleen and stomach functions. Useful for abscesses, boils,
breast tumors, and hepatitis.

2 Red Clover - good for weakened immune systems. Acts as a natural
antibiotic, blood purifier, and relaxant. Good for skin diseases, liver
disorders, and kidney problems.

2 Pau d'arco- contains a natural antibacterial agent. It cleanses the blood
and is good for candidasis and all types of infection.

Recipe 2

4 Green tea (decaf)- antioxidant, detoxifiers, blood cleansers, energy booster.
Contains chlorophyll, minerals, and enzymes.

2 Red raspberry leaf- Relaxes uterine and intestinal spasms. Promotes
healthy nails, bones, teeth, and skin. Decreases menstrual bleeding.

Directions:

Boil a few cups of water. Remove from heat. Add tea bags from one of the
above recipes and let steep about 10 minutes. Remove tea bags and cool.
Add fresh water to make one gallon. Add 3-4 packs sweet and low, or sugar/
sweetener, honey, natural sweeteners, to taste.

Add:

5 drops (Herbs Etc.) whole seed Milk Thistle extract and

5 drops (Innovative Natural Products) Liquid Germanium

Drink as warm tea or on ice. You should drink the gallon of herbal tea
within 2 days and keep the unused portion refrigerated.

MILK THISTLE- Contains some of the most potent liver protecting
substances known. Acts as an anti-oxidant to protect the liver, stimulates the
production of new liver cells and prevents the formation of damaging
leukotrienes. Assists in protecting the kidneys, good for adrenal disorders
and inflammatory bowel disorders.

GERMANIUM- Improves cellular oxygenation. Documented study shows
improvement for rheumatoid arthritis, food allergies, elevated cholesterol,
candidiasis, and chronic viral infections.

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some like it hot...

Some like it cold...

Some like it in the pot...

Ain't JR BOLD?

JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sold!

JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Tank you Tea Cup...

I will partake...but I'm also curious as to Marnie's reccomending of the tea...

Why, Marn? I want to know what's ticking up there in that mind of yours....

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Up for swelling people...

------------------

New Yorkers, please email [email protected] and be counted. Otherwise you and I will be without the help of the wonderful Lyme doctors.

artee3
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx Tincup and Katy.... : - )
cws3333
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cws3333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much obliged for the recipe, Tincup and Katydid,

cws

------------------
All New Yorkers with a concern about Lyme disease please email [email protected] to get on the nylyme email list. You can help save access to adequate care nationwide.

Posts: 2663 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Up for Runner...

Enjoy!

cayce
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for bringing this up for us NEWBIES!

Looks good - I'll have to give it a try!

Thanks
Health and Hope
Cayce

Tincup
Member # 5829

up for carrot to help with swelling...
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't need it now, but here it is for kicks. Had it in my favorites forever....well, since September?

LymeNet Flash
General Support
Tin cup I went to doc in Easton

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic: Tin cup I went to doc in Easton
Shoregirl
Frequent Contributor
posted 02 September 2002 22:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi I went to the dr.Well it was o.k.He believes in being aggressive.As you had said about another doc in area he does think it is curable.
Thats O.K. he is putting me on I.V. and then orals,he said anyone that comes to him with neurological(sp.)lyme he treats with I.V.

His son and him both have lyme and have both done the I.V. and orals.

My family Dr. told me he was a little rough around the edge a good old boy,well that described him to a tee.

I`am very nervous around new people especially men,but I survived him.He said my arm pain and bowel problems(diareah or costipation ) Were not lyme related.And a few other things.So he is sending me to other Drs.too be checked.Oh boy!!!

The MRI I had of my brain showed a lot of fluid in mastoid and swelling he will retest after I.V. because he is not sure that is lyme either.

Oh Well what did I expect,but like I said the treatment is consistant to what I have read on here so I`am greatful for that.

All in all I suppose it went better then what I anticipated,for that I`am greatful.I have to call him tuesday and will set up in Easton hospital.I do not have prescription ins. but the nurse said not to worry if I can`t get meds thru company I can go to hopital and have it done daily.(I hope to do it at home)

Well I will let you know more as I go along. I`am a little nervous but if this headache even eases a little I`ll be able to live again.

How about this nice rain we had 5 inches here,I road by your area Sunday and could hardly see,I did beep!! Maybe my trees will survive,but now I`ll have to cut the grass.That was the wierdest summer for grass cutting yet!!

If you want more info on this e-mail me I wasnt sure how much to put in hope it was done correctly.

Hugs to you Cindy

------------------

IP: Logged

Tincup
Frequent Contributor
posted 02 September 2002 23:09
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there oh brave one!
Good for you! About time someone helped you out!

I was going to call you today.. Had problems with my phone cause of the rain? Then it came on suddenly.. then off again.. now on??

You'd think we never had rain before! Yes.. it is nice.. and will help the soybeans.. but too late for the corn I'm afraid..

Dove season started today.. so it was quite busy here in the county... I HID! But only AFTER my annual lecture to these BIG men who shoot little birds for sport. You can't get but a mouthful of bony meat from them .. so whats the sense. They listen like they intend not to go.. and then do as they darn well please once I am done lecturing... Just like always..

If you have a chance.. you may want to contact "Home Call". (Should be in the phone book or call Easton Hospital and ask them for the number.) They have a good nack at getting you the help you need and IV's at home... and they "push" for the patient.. good bunch of folks to have helping you.

They can also work with the company direct and it saves you running. Well worth the call to find out.. and if they can't help.. they will tell you.

I hate to see you have to go to Easton Hospital every day.. especially when I hate to see ANYONE have to go... ever!

I have a few other suggestions.. take them or leave them.. what ever floats your boat..

You said..

"The MRI I had of my brain showed a lot of fluid in mastoid and swelling he will retest after I.V. because he is not sure that is lyme either."

DUH.. What part of Lyme does he not know? By the way... Did he or anyone do GOOD tests for co-infections?

Bartonella is for sure in your area.. and Babesia.. I am sorry I can't remember if you were tested... ??

Now..

I stopped taking my "tea" recipe back last January. All year I had the bad swelling in the brain and in the limbs.. but it slowed down in intensity or frequency on the Mepron... but after finishing the Mepron.. it came back. And all my limbs swelled and hurt and I couldn't get the legs/ankles/feet to stop swelling.. and my fingers looked twice their size....

After doing all I could to reduce the swelling.. with no success.. I went back on the tea "recipe" and within two days the swelling went down.. and was gone totally within a week.... AND.. knock on wood.. hasn't come back.

I still get the brain swelling.. in cycles.. but the rest is gone! Great news for me.

Was wondering if it might help you? I will post the recipes below in case you care to try it..

The key ingredient in the recipe was the dandelion tea to reduce swelling. I started back on it mixed with some decaf green tea (didn't bother with the other teas right away.. just used those two.. You can get both at Railway Market in town.

You said..

"He said my arm pain and bowel problems(diareah or costipation ) Were not lyme related.And a few other things.So he is sending me to other Drs.too be checked.Oh boy!!!"

For some reason.. folks here (docs) think that stomach problems CAN'T go with Lyme.. It is weird that they continue to say this after all these years. I remember a near knock down drag out fight I got in on the phone with a guy who swore it couldn't be Lyme causing the bowel problems.. DUH!

I went through the upper Gi's lower GI's.. and everything else you can imagine in the way of tests.. several times each... over the years.. and it WAS the Lyme. All that effort was wasted and $$ etc. on those stupid tests.

I suggest if you are concerned at all.. do play their games.. and get the tests.

If you aren't and want to wait till after some treatment.. stall... and beat feet to avoid all that extra stuff right now.

As for the arm pain.. when the brain swells.. it can mess with the nerves and pain signals.. So.. this too may very well be related.. and may improve with treatment.

Now.. you are on the right road.. so try not to be nervous.. I am so excited for you!

HA! That isn't much comfort for sure by me just telling you to be calm..

If you need ANYTHING.. anything at all.. call me. By the way.. you do have my number (if not email me)?? Call me and I will come down or help in anyway I can and if nothing else.. maybe I can push your giggle button a few times... hehehe

I am so thankful you are finally getting help. I would hope you will post progress reports along the way.

I will "beep" next time down your way. Take care of you my shoregirl...

Keep in touch.. and don't make me have to come looking for you!

Tincup
Frequent Contributor
posted 02 September 2002 23:16
OOps! Forgot the "recipe"..
May I suggest not to bother with adding the Germanium or Milk Thistle right now.. just the tea bags...

And ya may want to start slow and just do dandelion and decaf green tea mixed. I do 3 green tea bags and 3 dandelion tea bags for the swelling.

You really need to force liquids.. especially with brain swelling and to clean out toxins. It wouldn't hurt to put a squeeze of fresh lemon in each galss of tea you drink. Don't add it to the entire batch.. just as you drink it.

The lemon will help flush out the lactic acid.. That is what often causes the pain.

Hope it helps.

Tincup's Tea Recipe 1

one day, the other recipe the next time. Then add the liquid extracts listed
below.

4 green tea bags (decaf)- antioxidant, detoxifiers, blood cleansers, energy

2 organic peppermint- stomach settling, enhances digestion. Use for chills,
cholic, diarrhea, headaches, nausea, spasms, and poor appetite.

Directions:

Boil a few cups of water in a sauce pan. Remove from heat. Add tea bags
from one of the above recipes and let steep about 10 minutes. Remove tea
bags and cool. Add fresh water to make one gallon. Add 3-4 packs sweet
and low, or sugar/ sweetener, to taste.

Add:

5 drops (Herbs Etc.) whole seed Milk Thistle Extract and

MILK THISTLE- Contains some of the most potent liver protecting substances known.
Acts as an anti-oxidant to protect the liver, stimulates the production of new liver cells
and prevents the formation of damaging leukotrienes. Assists in protecting the kidneys,
good for adrenal disorders and inflammatory bowel disorders.

GERMANIUM- Improves cellular oxygenation. Documented study shows improvement
for rheumatoid arthritis, food allergies, elevated cholesterol, candidiasis, and chronic
viral infections.

Tincup's Tea Recipe 2

one day, the other recipe the next time. Then add the liquid extracts listed
below.

4 Green tea (decaf)- antioxidant, detoxifiers, blood cleansers, energy

2 Red raspberry leaf- Relaxes uterine and intestinal spasms. Promotes
healthy nails, bones, teeth, and skin. Decreases menstrual bleeding.

Directions:

Boil a few cups of water in a sauce pan. Remove from heat. Add tea bags
from one of the above recipes and let steep about 10 minutes. Remove tea
bags and cool. Add fresh water to make one gallon. Add 3-4 packs sweet
and low, or sugar/ sweetener, to taste.

Add:

5 drops (Herbs Etc.) whole seed Milk Thistle Extract and

MILK THISTLE- Contains some of the most potent liver protecting substances known.
Acts as an anti-oxidant to protect the liver, stimulates the production of new liver cells
and prevents the formation of damaging leukotrienes. Assists in protecting the kidneys,
good for adrenal disorders and inflammatory bowel disorders.

GERMANIUM- Improves cellular oxygenation. Documented study shows improvement
for rheumatoid arthritis, food allergies, elevated cholesterol, candidiasis, and chronic
viral infections.

------------------
Please don't feed the ducks!

Marnie
Frequent Contributor
posted 02 September 2002 23:48
``Possible signs of deficiency include: diarrhea or constipation, muscle weakness, irritability, fatigue and muscle spasms.''
That's MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY.

Source: The Complete Book of Natural and Medicinal Cures by the editors of Prevention Magazine
Health Books, Published in 1994 by Rodale Press, Inc., Emmaus, Pennsylvania.

Talk about wet feet...15" of rain here last month. The "Sunshine State"... NOT lately.

Shoregirl
Frequent Contributor
posted 02 September 2002 23:58
Thank you so much!!! I love Railway market,I get brewers yeast,soy powder ,flaxseed ect there.
I will deffinatly get the teas,I thank you so much for the recipies.I have to ask I take milk thistle in pill form(200mgs. 2xs a day)Should I stop while drinking tea?

I will take your suggestion and put of his orders on seeing other drs as I can.I`am just going to try to keep him happy with me so he wont tell me to get back to the swamp.

I will call (home call tomorrow,great to know!!!!!

I do have babesia was tested positve after testing pos. for lymes about three mnths in between test.

Let me tell you now I`am home all the time if you need me or need a ride or just need something picked up you CALL me and I will be there.(I sound like the Jackson 5)Just do it lady!!!you help each one of us It would be an honor for me to help you!!!

Oh boy Dove season,it sounded like July 4 around here.And I agree you need ten to ,make a meal.I can not eat them,I love deer meat!But those birds OH NO!.My Mom lives in between Denton and Greensboro,a good bit of ground.She feeds the birds deer ect.And she swore she saw more today at the feeder then usual.I think they were hiding there Since My husband hunted for them today!Did not get a one!)Yeah

Stay clear of the fields for now!!! thanks again Your the greatses Love Cindy xoxo

------------------

Shoregirl
Frequent Contributor
posted 03 September 2002 00:15
Thanks Marnie ,I do take magnesium 250mgs.4xs a day. I do take a lot of vitamins.Sometimes I fast to clear out the systym and then I stop taking anything.Sounds like your a health nut too? I read alot of health magasines(MY Dad subscribes and got me started long before lyme).
I now take extra of the mag.after reading on here about the defieciensy(sp.).

Hasnt stopped the stomach stuff yet but will continue the high dose.

15 inches?gosh I will start building you a boat and ship it out!!You know what season it is. Thanks for being there Marnie Take care of you Cindy

------------------

Tincup
Frequent Contributor
posted 03 September 2002 00:23
Yes.. I think the sign I put out today helped..
It said..

"Dear dove..

Run for your life.. Tons of guns here!"

About the milk thistle..

Keep on taking it if you would like.. just no need to add it to the tea. Save a few $$.

And yes.. keep the doc happy. Tain't no hep in them there swamps!

BUT.. did he mention treating the Babesia?

My THOUGHT is that it could help the brain swelling..

Has he mentioned Mepron? Just curious...

OK.. I have to make a trip to town one of these days.. maybe we could "do lunch" at the Railway market? I kinda like their Powerhouse sandwiches and their fresh carrot juice!

What do ya think?

If I know when I am going.. should I call to see if your busy calendar permits you to join me?

Thanks for the offer of a ride when needed.. I know now that I do have someone who can haul my butt around.. and that is comforting. Thanks!

Keep me posted on the progress.. and yes.. stay OUT of the fields!

Shoregirl
Frequent Contributor
posted 03 September 2002 00:46
Would love to do lunch with you any time any where!
Keep that dove sign out!!!!!

Deffinatly you will get your butt hulled where ever need be!My busy schedule ha ha will permit.

I use to work for parks and rec. I was busy then!I really miss it.I love the outdoors!Keeping parks beautiful was the greatest.

I hav`nt been to horse head park yet Have you? My sister said it was nice.I hope I`am saying it correctly.

The Dr. saidI was to call tuesday for the details ,so has not said what ones I would be on.Only that he would do i.v.`s then oral. I did mention mepron to him,he said I will let you know what I`ll be giving.(in other words I`am the Dr. you are a subject.) As soon as I find out what meds he is offering I will let you know.

Again thanks Cindy

------------------

[This message has been edited by Shoregirl (edited 03 September 2002).]

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to: Select a ForumList of Forums:Category: Questions and Discussion--------------------Medical QuestionsSeeking a DoctorGeneral SupportOff TopicComputer QuestionsCategory: News and Information--------------------Press Releases / NewsLyme Disease AssociationActivism

Contact Us | LymeNet Home Page | Privacy Statement