LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » FYI.......Anyone notice Laura Bush

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FYI.......Anyone notice Laura Bush
Kingneptune11
Member # 17751

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kingneptune11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to post something I noticed the other day.....Laura Bush was checking her watch as she and George were standing in the sun in front of the White House.....as they were welcoming Barak and his wife.....

Just made me think of George still taking anti-biotics for his Lyme disease.....possibly????

Does anyone know how long he has had Lymes????

Seems like the Tx protocol for his Lymes is long term Ab's......therefore, why do insurance companies stop paying after 4-6 weeks......

We should use this example of George Bush to fight for our rights.....just a thought....Peace

Posts: 27 | From Illinois | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. You don't hear of him riding his bike any more.

No matter what your political feelings are for the man, it would be a good idea to write him a nice letter asking him to be a spokesman for the disease after he leaves the White House.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My impression is that President Bush was diagnosed w/Lyme soon after the bite, so a typical course of antibiotics would cure him.
Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here I was thinking that Mrs. Bush was just ready for this term to "officially" end. [Roll Eyes]

Maybe she is marking time for that. [Smile]

I doubt that anyone would allow the President to miss his meds. [shake]

I wish I had a staff to remind me of all of those things.

(and cook, and clean, etc) [Big Grin]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kingneptune - Just wanted to comment that it's lyme NOT lymes. That word is awful, can't stand when it's said wrong like that. [bonk]

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like when it is pronounced "Lyme's" either...but I realize that it is because of so many other diseases that are named after a PERSON so people automatically assume Lyme must be the discoverers last name or something.
Steven Johnson's disease
Parkinson's disease
Fifth's disease etc etc etc
So it makes logical sense to those who are new to Lyme to pronounce it "Lyme's"

I'm not so sure Bush was treated all that early after a bite. He started having difficulty talking... as everyone can attest to since most people made fun of the man's speaking abilities and mistakes.

I think he has neuro Lyme

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He used to speak well, despite having ideas with which I profoundly disagree. See for yourselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z12lrlNsjgQ

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know that I'd read so deeply due to a simple looking at a watch...BUT

I do remember when it was first released that Pres. Bush had been treated for Lyme Disease a year after it was announced.

Although none of us would wish this disease on another person, I think many of us couldn't help but feel this was going to be some major publicity that we definitely could use.

It was swept under the carpet. There were no details given about his treatment or anything.

Perhaps they researched it enough to know it can mess with our brains and couldn't risk that going out publically.

They surely couldn't keep someone "in power" that was confused.

So then my thought was, perhaps once he's out of office, he will come forward and TALK about it.

But realistically, wouldn't people then criticize that he kept this valuable information hidden for so long?

I'm not very optomistic that this will ever be the one that comes to light.

He may develop another illness due to the unresolved lyme, but I have my doubts it will ever be admitted it could be connected in any way to lyme.

Sorry.....just my two cents worth....which obviously isn't worth much.

It would be WONDERFUL though if he WOULD talk.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, David, thanks for that link. I had no idea he spoke so well at one time. Though I've known for a long time that the reason he is having such trouble now is because of lyme, I never heard any of his past speeches to compare.

That is really sad...

The things the CDC and whoever else will go through to keep this disease hidden is beyond me. IT IS OUT OF CONTROL. [cussing]

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, but someone looking at a watch cannot be construed as evidence he's taking medications. That is a very far-fetched insight. If I were to make those types of leaps of faith based on observations, anyone could assume anything. [Smile] Perhaps Laura Bush's favorite lunch was going to be delivered in 15 minutes. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pres bush is being treated for lyme by a dr in NY.

he has been treated by him for over 3 years and continues to be treated.

good luck proving this. i know the dr [Smile]

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time you see him speak, notice how he is shifting his jaw sideways and sideways again. This was so obvious during the last couple of interviews. That is where the major bugs are hiding if he has any left. He uses some strange body language.

Just my observation.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been hypothesized that he was infected on his ranch in Texas long before the well known bulls eye rash a few years ago.

His decline in brain function and ability to speak was well known long before his recent bite.

There is a lot of discussion in the archives here along with lots of video of his time as Texas gov that highlights the marked decline in his abilities.

Similar to the public lack of knowledge on Reagan's alzheimers, I don't think we will know about Bush for quite awhile.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skylord....love The Tick!

I believe Bush has been infected for a long time. There has to bee a lot of vectors on his Texas Ranch.

It was reported somewhere that he pulled ticks off him frequently after bike rides around Camp David. When was the last time you heard him going to Camp David?

Several people on this board came forward to say their doctor was called in to consult with the President.

I found it interesting that there would be a reputation for some of the doctors to be an expert, when most of them are afraid of losing their license.

The President always spoke well in the early days, but I believe the stress of the office has made it very difficult to heal.

It said in the newspaper (very small blurb) that he was diagnosed in August 2006. This news wasn't released until August 2007. So, I'm guessing they were waiting for his treatment to be well under way.

I believe he has had one of the most stressful terms of any president. Then add the stress of personal illness.

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

I was just seen by a disability doctor, and he didnt say anything, but his humanity was showing, as I told him how sick I was.

I could tell he knew how horrible lyme is/was, but he never said anything. I asked him if he knew of any good lyme doctors he said hes sorry but he does not.

They know whats going on, its the govt (IDSA) getting in the way of there profession.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Whoa.

David95928 - that YouTube video is -- uh, I can't find the word.

Thanks for sharing that. I had no idea what an accomplished speaker he was. He knew very well what he wanted to say and he just said it. He had skill to go from brain to mouth.

I am at a loss of the right words to describe the effect that video has on me - but it brought me to tears.

However much one agrees or disagrees with his political policies (or his waviness of such) it is a very poignant video. This must be very hard for him, too. I know his jokes, though. Classic coverup.

I used to speak in front of dozens (sometimes hundreds) of people and I lost all that, too. I can't even carry on any conversation now (and that in only partly due to the sensory overload).

Oh, my. A whole new light, though, in which to see this man. I thought he was well over lyme as he can ride his bike, travel the world - and be up and about the next day - and be in front of a thousand flashing camera lights (one sends me to seizures).

He is so much better than I am but this video is an eye opener. Speakers usually get BETTER with the years.

Well, from ten years ago, yes, it is very clear. Ohhh. Each time he drifts I know that feeling, exactly. I am now convinced that this man really needs good medical care.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what is most depressing about all this talk is that if the President can't beat Lyme with all these resources, open checkbook, best docs in the world, etc., why am I wasting my time. [Frown] it's obviously incurable. If there was a cure, you better believe he'd have gotten it!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Actually, he may have money but I don't think he truly knows about the vast options.

I don't think he has been exposed to the doctors who can help. It's probably been mostly by the IDSA guidelines.

With all the lobbyist and political interests, I'd bet some folks don't want him to know about ILADS or about some of the specific complementary options that offer more than just vitamins.

This is hard for anyone to get. His doctors are much quicker to say it's dementia and just send him on his way. Lyme is such a hot potato in medical circles that unless someone knows enough to push through the establishment they will be kept back.

Even with the president in this position, it means we have to fight harder - not give up - because we at least know there is more to this. We've been willing to learn. He's been kept from knowledge.

We have to be determined to do everything we can, keeping our eyes open to all the options.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

seekhelp - Many people get better, but definitely not QUICKLY as we'd hope and like.

When it comes to lyme, there's no such thing as a quick cure.

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was home the day the twin towers were hit and I saw the 2nd plane live as it drove into the building. I will never forget the horror of that day or the look of determined and controlled anger on the President's face. He was sitting in front of a classroom of students and he did a superb job of not showing fear or anxiety to the children but you could see the resolve in his eye. He was not afraid and he was angry.

I loved him from that moment. No president before him has had to deal with such impossible conditions. No, he didn't do everything right, but I believe he did his best.

We all know the crippling conditions of this disease while we look "just fine" to the world. He has the best of medical care but we all can see how he has digressed. You would hardly say he looks "just fine". How many of you here would want the stress, responsibility, ridicule, heckling, backbiting and backstabbing this man has had to deal with all while trying to cope with lyme?

Lets show the compassion we want. Even the most powerful man in America with all his money and connections can't find what doesn't exist. The guaranteed cure for lyme.

My prayers are with the new president as he inherits this nightmare.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R. Regan...and horses. AD.

J. Kennedy and the east coast. You know about his back and pain drugs, right?

Bush is not the only Pres. to encounter that pathogen I think.

Lyme is far more common than we are supposed to know and it does manifest as other "diseases"...eventually.

I agree...I thought whoever made it to the White House is really gonna have his hands full. This country is in a mess.

God help him...please.

P.S. Doxy should work, theoretically. It binds several minerals, alters the immune pathway, etc.)...provided it is given FAST ENOUGH.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

I know someone with this disease with gobs of money and an open mind and they still have the disease. I doubt they have tried the Bionic 880 yet but they have way more money then most have us have to treat with.

I think there is more then mets the eye to what went on with 911 and I could not call our government totally innocent in the whole 911 equation. I honestly think Bush knew a lot about it before it ever happened.

I do believe Lyme is a bio-weapon and I do think it made its way off of Plum Island and the fact that it the President contracted Lyme shows me how insane the whole situation is. What was the military thinking messing with Lyme as a bio-weapon? Did they not think some of their team or friends might get slymed as well?

I wonder how Bush is still able to travel the world. Do they give him lots of stimulants or what exactly?

I think most of us have received lyme way before we ever received a bulls eye rash. I think the rash comes after multiple tick bites or exposures. My bulls eye bite was the one that put me over the edge.

Don't forget in studies a horse does not get symptoms until their second bite with a LD infected tick.

Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wondered if my main man Reagan had lyme being around all those horses and all.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i despise bush and vehemently disagree with everything he stands for, but since learning he may have lyme i also feel deep compassion for the man. we all know firsthand what it's like to stumble over words, forget words entirely, stutter, make no sense, try to joke and make light of our cognitive difficulties.

i also agree that lyme (as we know it today, anyway) is indeed a bioweapon, and it's just INSANE to think that the military messed with this pathogen without knowing a thing about how virulent and dangerous it is.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Luvs..you spoke to my heart. That morning, I was getting ready for work at an elementary scool, doing crosswalk duty, trying to pretend to the kids going through that the United States had not been bombed and worrying there were more planes looking for targets.

I think we will ultimately look back and see he was the right person at the right time.

And, I do not believe the US government had anything to do with it. No more than the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

As far as Kennedy. HE could've been affected by Lyme disease. It's been revealed he had Addison's, but remember he was in the Pacific, and had suffered a severe back injury. Malaria? Dengue Fever?

After Watergate, we are all conspiracy sensitive.

I don't want this to become a political forum. You're right, this president inherits a lot of stuff. But, he is coming into the office a messiah with everyone who counts--the media, the world, half of America.

I hope Bush gets some rest.

Kelmo

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....and for those of you old enough to remember....FDR was thought to have advance knowledge of Pearl Harbor and let it happen to get us into WWII and save the economy.

Every time there's an event there are conspiracy theories aplenty.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

For anyone with lyme - or other chronic stealth infections - the adrenal can become toast and then they are unable to respond in emergency situations with a clear head.

Oh, I think we all know we should not stay frozen in the headlights, so to speak, but the style and grace of times before are gone.

Addison's can be a result of stress adrenal. No doubt Kennedy's experience with the U boat was a big shock and the drugs used to heal, too. The Cuban missile crisis, etc. And the steroids he was on for Addison's . . . .

For Bush, yes, indeed, these have been the most shocking of times. For any president, even just all those flash cameras could be a lot for the brain to make sense of.

After seeing that video of Bush, I am truly shocked. Has it been the stress of the job, other things, or lyme that is still there on some level. My hope for him is that after the enormous stress is lifted that he finds a way to find his skill and enjoyment, as I would wish that for anyone.

I see now who Laura saw.

--

This book is specific to STRESS reactions in lyme and other chronic stealth infections. The author discusses the endocrine connection and effects of high cortisol. Not everyone will have a potbelly, but this book is clearly for everyone.

You can read customer reviews and look inside the book at this link to its page at Amazon.

http://tinyurl.com/6xse7l

The Potbelly Syndrome: How Common Germs Cause Obesity, Diabetes, And Heart Disease (Paperback) - 2005

by Russell Farris and Per Marin, MD, PhD

--

Kingneptune11
Member # 17751

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Kingneptune11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to see so many replies.......

First of all, it was not a political post, I dont agree with anything Bush stands for, but he is sick it seems......

Second, I am not Quincy or House, but it seems that you are not supposed to be in the sunlight alot when you are on antibiotics....right???? And several people on TY commented on how much he has not been out much......I dont think it takes Nostradamus to add it up???? Laura is a good keeper of George and you rarely EVER see her checking her watch in public, which is considered rude in certain circles.....Especially, when she immediately takes George back in the WHite House......JMO

My guess is that Bush has had Lyme (without an S) for the sensitive people, for a long time.....He has had erratic behavior, strange tics and lack of word finding ability (more than usual), has taken spills on his bike and that other thing he rode. that you stand up on......As much as he likes to be in the woods and clearing brush, I am sure he has had this for quite some time.....

I also feel its a bio weapon, but the military does things that even Washington does not know about.....Believe me, my family has a history in the military and I have heard many a story.....Its called security clearance.....If you think the President is the most powerful man in the US then you are mistaken......

Thanks for all the responses......I do know Lyme does not have an S, but when I type, I cant control what my fingers do all the time.....I find it quite funny we have spell checkers on this board when half of us cant even think straight.....Do you see the irony???? LOL

Just having fun with you guys....Peace

Posts: 27 | From Illinois | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toby67
Unregistered

i used to speak very well myself... now i can't find words and look like an idiot daily!!! i just can't find words... i stumble and bumble and mis-speak all the time!
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

I think the spell checkers are so alert as we been put down so often by doctors who use the "S" - so it's knee jerk reaction.

I also do not see this as a political post either - mostly the posts seem to be on the level you intended. Concern, questioning.

As for the watch, though, (which I did notice) - I heard one reporter say the Obama's arrived 10 minutes early. Laura may have been finishing something and called out and then wondered "hey, is it really time, yet?" Or "will the tea be ready?"

I still am absolutely blown away by that video. What an impact.
I will be thinking about that for a long time.

Alan MacDonald's work needs to find it's way to the top.

-

Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon people...once you mention Bush it's political but no worries...we're all mature here lol or not [Wink]

Whatever happened to civil discourse anyway...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Neptune,

Love that name--I recall the giant statue of King Neptune that stood by Lake Superior in Duluth Harbor when we used to visit my grandparents there as kids. My brother says it's no longer there, sadly.

My real question to you--in your post that started this thread, did you mean that you thought Laura Bush was looking at her watch because she was concerned about Pres. Bush's sun exposure? And is that why you thought he might still be on abx?

Thanks,
Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Skylord I don't agree with 99% of your political thoughts found on this forum but I would never offer to re-educate you nor could I if I wanted to.

You are entitled to your opinions and the rest of us are entitled to ours.

Every time anyone mentions the president or the president elect on this forum it does seem to magically get a bit political. Freedom of speech is a good thing.

http://tinyurl.com/5n5clh

[ 14. November 2008, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Angelica ]

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we have all stated our views and our differences in the most respectful way in this thread and it has been refreshing to read.

Thanks to everyone!

We are all united by Lyme.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

After watching that video, it breaks my heart. It really shows he does have intelligence.

I remember the day my daughter couldn't identify prime numbers. She was very ill, but we didn't know with what. The tutor was in our home for homebound math.

After the tutor left, my daughter went into the back yard and sobbed in grief. She kept saying she didn't know what was happening to her.

After three years of treatment, math is still a challenge, but she is doing very well with sign language.

I believe after Bush gets home and starts to enjoy life, we will see a new man.

pryorka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pryorka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush had the rash, got treated right away, end of story. Mrs. Bush was probably watching her watch because she has so many hormone replacements to take, or she really had to pee, or it was way past her bedtime.
Posts: 499 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by psano2:
My impression is that President Bush was diagnosed w/Lyme soon after the bite, so a typical course of antibiotics would cure him.

I believe he first got bit while clearing brush on his new ranch soon after being elected President.

He's gone downhill ever since being elected. View some of the pre-election videos. He's vibrant and not making grammatical and vocabulary errors.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember thinking that President Bush sounded like me.

As a Speech Therapist I am constantly listening and diagnosing speech/language disorders.

Including mine on an ongoing basis.

Not that I want to....I've done it for over 17 years.

His speech patterns were a great deal like mine.

I remember mentioning to my Mom that he sounds like he has Lyme disease. [Frown]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've "heard" there's ticks in texas...i KNOW kennebunkport is totally infested with them. and remember it's cumulative. and he's and outside guy.

the whole family must have it. remember when the older bushes both got dx with graves?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

There are ticks in Texas certainly and it seems to also be a Morgellon's hotspot or at least Austin is.

[ 15. November 2008, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: Angelica ]

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can someone tell me what happened to my post? did i say something wrong? break a rule or something

and king-yeah-the s thing has to do with us being respected. usually someone who has read a lot about lyme knows there is no s. i can't count how many times a doc has growled at me "i know all about lymes and you don't have it."

i don't even try to work with them after that.

but my fingers do strange things to now and it hurts too much to go back and correct

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janis1023
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janis1023     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought, he may have still been on coke earlier when he was very focused and could speak well, and his decline could be from long term prior addictions.

Just a thought.

--------------------
3 Strains Mycoplasma and Chlymedia 2001.
After treatment fine for all 2004.
Major symptoms since 2005.
Diag Aug 2008 Lyme.
400 mg/d doxy
500 2/d Ceftin

Posts: 164 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two LLMDS were called and consulted in the fall of 2006 by white house doctors, who did not identify their patient, so I understand.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula 007
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula 007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember when it was . . . but they did announce on the news that Pres B had Lyme.

Said he had been bitten while running or bicycling.

It could explain a lot of the decisions the goofy B_______ has made.

He needs a GOOD LLMD!

Posts: 108 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people still aren't respecting those of us who still respect the Bushes. Can ya leave the snide remarks out of this, sheesh!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeparfait
Unregistered

I truely get annoyed and personally offended with each news reporter who has a negetive comment about the President's word finding problems. All the jokes in the NYTimes as well.

Not just to mention the lack of respect for the office of President, regardless of one's political preferences. But mostly on a personal note of lack of perception respect and understanding of those of us with lyme disease.

I have lyme disease. And I see myself when I witness Pres. Bushes mental absencees. I can't even begin to feel what he must be going through when he knows he just made a blunder, in front of the world. And it just becomes more real about how the world views me and you. No one in the public eye can survive the scrutiny of the press.

There is no respect and compassion and human dignity allowed for our leaders. More respect is given to those who are sexually immoral, and unethical polititians. The press loves those people! This is a different America.

Just my thoughts.

lymeparfait

klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That video was an eye opener, thank you.

Did any of you read the comments down below the video?

Someone mentioned that Bush may have chronic Lyme Disease and immediately was attacked by others who said there is no such thing as chronic Lyme and only cranks believe it exists, etc.

Very sad to see this, even on YouTube. I am so tired of this. I am just tired, period.

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement