LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » LADIES......mascara question!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LADIES......mascara question!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, of course, this is of the utmost importance..... [Wink]

I've always been a fan of Almay mascara. Well, they've failed me. Now they have some crazy mascara wand that is guaranteed to put clumps of mascara on the lashes.

I'm getting old ya know....and clumpy eyelashes are just NOT my thing.

I HATE spending money on "new" products like this, only to be disappointed.

Does anyone have a favorite mascara that has "minimal" clumping?

Thanks! I'll be holding my breath until I get a reply to this very important question!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pooey!! I'm gonna call Almay.

Anyone else?

Thanks meg! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i use revlon when i go out on friday and saturday night in my stillettos

i have so much trouble shaving the ten pounds of hair off my body every week.lol

docdave [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like UNSTOPPABLE mascara by Maybelline.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had the best luck with some of the L'oreal waterproof mascaras. I can't remember the exact name at the moment because I recently threw my old one out and am trying some other brands just to compare.

There is a website called Makeup Alley that rates various cosmetics. I've only visited it a couple of times but I have email pals who swear by it for honest evaluations.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Now there's a real answer. Thanks so much, docdave!! [lol]

Thanks, now I have some direction. I'll check out the website first.

The "unstoppable" sounds like it's right up my alley.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think i'll have to try some of that
unstoppable!!!!!

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by stymielymie:
i think i'll have to try some of that
unstoppable!!!!!

docdave

Then you would be UNSTOPPABLE!!! [Cool]

Thanks meg!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont use MY brand,,,it runs every time I cry!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

real men don't cry.
but only a real crazy man uses mascara
and mel gibson
 -
dcodave [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Loreal but not the waterproof. I find it too hard to remove at the end of the day.

Love this topic. I am glad you didn't ask if Kotex or Tampax was better. Ha!Ha!

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

i have to admit i use pads, i don't have the right anatomy for tampons.

docdave [Big Grin]

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I looked at Meg's mascara review link, I remembered that I usually use L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof. My eyes water all the time and this mascara doesn't have embarrassing smudges.

But it does require a makeup remover specifically for waterproof mascaras. I use Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover. It's a little pricey so I wait until Lancome has some promotion so I can get freebies.

DocDave and Don, if the two of you start singing "I Feel Pretty," I'm going to suggest that ILADS conduct research on whether Lyme causes cross-dressing. [Eek!]

Jill

--------------------

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nancyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nancyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, docdave and don...I hate to ask this but - which way do you guys shower? Woo-woo or dressing gown? [Eek!]

--------------------
The Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation www.canlyme.com

Posts: 128 | From Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by nancyb:
Ok, docdave and don...I hate to ask this but - which way do you guys shower? Woo-woo or dressing gown? [Eek!]

Heehehee!!
 -

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This definitely qualifies as OT.

I haven't worn makeup for awhile, but the best for me was Clinique waterproof.

It won't run from tears, but it will smear a little from using moisturizer under your eyes.

It also is easy to remove with their eye makeup remover. No dynamite required.

TuTu, you're too too much (in a good way!)

Thanks for the laughs!

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks...I think the guys provided the laughs! [Razz]

And yes, I figured there were lots of lymies not using makeup. I know I quit using it for several years due to lack of energy and desire to spend the time doing that stuff!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Paula 007
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8002

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Paula 007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You won't believe this - try Maybelline Lash Discovery. It has to be Lash Discovery.

Has little skinny wand so it's harder to gouge yourself in the face or eye. And no clumps.

It's $6.00.

I used to use Almay, too.

Good luck. I don't make up often, but when I do - I want to look G O O D !!!

Posts: 108 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found Doc Dave fixing his make up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks Paula.

Wow, Acorn. John (doc) spends more time on his hair than I do on mine!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

stymielymie
Member # 10044

i only wish i had that much hair.
but i do you moose to cover my bald spot.

yeh good stuff, but its hard to get the antlers
out of the can!!!!

docdave [loco] [lol]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
i do moose to cover my bald spot.

yeh good stuff, but its hard to get the antlers
out of the can!!!!

[shake] You're in bad shape, doc! [Roll Eyes] [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

summerlove
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summerlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I found Doc Dave fixing his make up."
lol! did you see him licking his lips at the end?

Posts: 117 | From . | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stymie, if you're using Revlon when you go out on Friday and Saturday nites, then I think you would fit in perfectly here...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

i did not know there was a right and wrong way to shower.
could someone please be more specific or
atlantic??

i really an hurt that everybody is making fun of my extra chromosome.
maybe that's why i got sjorgren's with 10% men getting it.

or maybe i'm just one of the crazy 10% that
enjoys picking on women about squirrels and
makeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how often do you shave your legs?????

docdave charlie [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Doc Charlie said:
how often do you shave your legs?????

Truth be known Doc I an quite the girly girl and I do not shave my legs. Check out my gams in this shot. Pretty nice, huh?

-

stymielymie
Member # 10044

who let caveeey down here, she wasn't invited!!!!

charlie [kiss]

stymielymie
Member # 10044

this is where i get all my makeup for
friday nites

http://www.gothicasylum.com/products/autoinfo.cgi/stg0205-green-.htm

charolette

Jill E.
Member # 9121

quote:
this is where i get all my makeup for
friday nites

http://www.gothicasylum.com/products/autoinfo.cgi/stg0205-green-.htm

charolette

Charolette/Charlie/Stymie/Dave (your name is getting long!),

As the Billy Crystal/Fernando character used to say on Saturday Night Live, "It's better to look good than to feel good." Do you look mah-velous?

The next time you are all dolled up, you could stay with Robin in San Francisco while you check out those drag queen bars.

MagicAcorn, you've come up with another cute squirrel photo. When I lived in L.A. and fed the dozens of squirrels in my patio, they would be impatient if I weren't up right at sunrise to feed them. So they would crawl up the screens on my windows to look for me. Kind of freaky but I got used to it.

Jill

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some serious questions:

Cave -- if someone is off off-topic, are they back on-topic again? (re Charlene's observation about it being difficult to get the moose antlers outa the can)

Magic -- agreed -- a squirrel with shaven gams would be rather skinny, and cold at this time of year. Advise waiting till summer...

Jill -- yes, we'll enter Charlotte/Charlene in a weekend drag queen contest in the Castro -- she can sing a song about squirrels in Golden Gate Park with Lyme...

And Cave can come down and yell: Charle-e-e-ne!!! and help her win the popularity vote.

But we really would like to see what Charlene looks like in one of those punk strap tops and tutus featured in the proffered site...

So when you order your winning Castro contest outfit, if you would be so kind as to scan in a pic of yourself in your garb so we can discuss the details with you in prep for your big debut...

and also make sure the lime-colored mascara matches, or clashes -- your choice these daze...

I gotta admit, this conversation may be outdoing the Lymenuts discussions, so this thread could be considered an off-Lymenut thread... [Razz]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

hows this look only in lyme green????
meet with your approval!!!!!
 -
charlene

MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

-
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Charlene,

I think you should make a nationwide tour to enter the drag queen contests.

Robin will take you to the Castro district, I can drive up to L.A. or one of our L.A. Lymies can take you to West Hollywood, and then our New York pals can take you to the Village.

Robin, didn't San Francisco pass a law that employers must pay for those who want to have the surgery to, ahem, change?

There is no way you can lose - who else would think to use Lyme green mascara! And with your new bionic knee, you'll be able to outdance the other gals.

And perhaps you can get a grant from LDA or ILADS to promote Lyme Disease by calling yourself CharLyme.

Jill

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey! Those tutu skirts look pretty good. Great for showing off my gorgeous legs!! [Wink] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey!! Wait a minute!! I thought we were talking about MASCARA!!! [rant] SHEESH!!

I couldn't find the "unstoppable"...found Great Lash....but the lightest color they had was "brown-black".

I may have to succumb to that. I hate it when all the mascaras come in

black
black black
blackest black
nearly black
jet black
and then.....drum roll!

brown black

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! [dizzy]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Hey!! Wait a minute!! I thought we were talking about MASCARA!!! [rant] SHEESH!!

Hey!!!!! I WAS KIDDING!!!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

So are you guys afraid of me?? [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Doc-If you really want to cover your bald spot-grow your beard-then you'll something to do a comb over!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

I got a free make over today at Bloomies. What do you think? Hot huh?

-

CJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magic Acorn: Love the makeover!!

Lymetoo: I use Great Lash and the only time I've noticed clumps is when it needs to be replaced. I use the very black but I did notice that brown/black seems to be the norm for the lightest shade by most companies.

I've had a lot of laughs this evening! Thanks everyone! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [woohoo] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
here's hoping today is better than yesterday and tomorrow is even better!

Posts: 239 | From Evansville, IN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

squirrelly
want me to order some lyme gren makeup?????

-

docdave/charlie,charlene/whatever
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Jill E.
Member # 9121

MagicAcorn,

That squirrel looks just like I did many years ago when I made the mistake of getting a free makeup lesson at Nordstrom...on my lunch hour...and had to go back to work afterward (pre-Lyme corporate life).

The makeup artist actually used orange lipstick on me and heavy eye makeup. Let's just say it looked like I was in a whole different line of work.

I live in a navy town, so I'm sure I would have gotten quite a response if I had said, "Hi, Sailor."

I'm sticking with Lyme green make-up from now on, which brings out the green in my eyes and makes me ready to attend a St. Patrick's Day party at a moment's notice.

Jill

--------------------

MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Woooo Whoooooo Doc Dave you hottie you. You look better than me.

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Do you like this look better?

-

stymielymie
Member # 10044

i can not find enough squirrel picture to support this site you win.

i take my fuzzy tail and bow to you , the queen
squirrel.
i'm only a queen, what can i say!!!!!lol

little peon squirrel dave [bow]

MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Doc, don't be mad I was just in one of my Britney moods.

Your the Queen of Squirreldom and no one else even comes close.

--------------------
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement