LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Eye pain! Eye pain! eye pain!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eye pain! Eye pain! eye pain!
luvema
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do I do with this eye pain?
I had it for YEARS! I been sick for a year.
I tested IGM positive for lyme disease. My CD57 is in the normal range. I don't know what can be causing the eye pain. I had eye pain since I was 11 (I am not 19).

I been on antibiotics for 4 weeks. Haven't felt anything on them yet. Does anyone else experience sever eye pain? When I got my eyes checked everything seemed normal.

It feels like pain behind the eye pain and most of the times it causes headaches.

CT scan and MRI are normal.

--------------------
Ema

Posts: 394 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have eye pain. At the moment I have eye drops with silver (name on bottle: Ag-Optic from MPS research)after the drops tobramycin didn't work. It is getting a bit better after two weeks.

Do you have red eyes with broken blood vessels as well?

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this , very difficult to get rid of.

EYE Mites, (On eye lashes)

Symptoms and Signs of Ocular Infestation
Itching, burning, foreign body sensation, dryness, redness, light sensitivity, pain and blurry vision can be the patient's complaints once ocular Demodex infestation occurs. Since these findings are also quite common in many other ocular surface disorders, corroborating evidence is necessary if one is to isolate Demodex as the cause. Clinical signs include cylindrical dandruff surrounding the lashes and other disorders of the eyelashes, lid margin inflammation, Meibomian gland dysfunction, blepharo-conjunctivitis and blepharo-keratitis. Here's some elaboration:

Oh, a pituitary tumor can cause eye pain etc and is common in 25% of adults.

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a pituitary tumor and have eye pain (in fact having it right now) I did not know that this can be from my tumor. interesting.

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann in CA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann in CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dry eyes can also cause eye pain. A headache behind the eye is how it always felt to me. Went on for six years after a bite on the left side of my body, which caused severe pain up the left jaw, face and behind the left eye. (local doc thought a sinus infection)

When I finally tested positive for lyme, the eye ache remained even after initial treatment. Other opthamologists could find nothing wrong, and said probably dry eyes. Now I go to a neuro-opthamologist recommended by my LLMD. Although he also says he sees no evidence of lyme damage, he did explain that with dry eyes, you cannot wait until you feel you need the drops. That is too late, and the drops will not help. You must use them before the eyes feel pain, or feel dry, so he suggested every two hours just to get a feel for how often they would be needed.

Interesting that he could not tell me why it was only the one eye if it was not from lyme damage. Now my other eye is the same way sometimes. I go nowhere without those eye drops. (he recommends Systane, though I would think any without additives would be OK)

Do think computer use aggravates, so keep a small bottle of drops next to the computer too.

Bottom line though, since I'd never had eye pain before the tick bite and left side pain, the lyme had something to do with initiating the eye pain.

Best wishes.

Ann

Posts: 286 | From Northern California, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are u able to wear contacts?

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had eye muscle pain - not sure if that's what you're referring to. We're all different when it comes to our responses to treatments,

but I've been able to fix my eye symptoms immediately by drinking mangosteen juice, an anti-inflammatory antioxidant juice.

There's lots of varieties in healthfood stores and online. I drink the Ultra mangosteen one, by Trace Minerals, with 70 minerals added.

If you try it, go slowly, as it can be powerful, and drink water too.

Posts: 13084 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost all of my eye problems were from Babesia. Are you treating for it? If not, you might try it.
Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvema
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Cordor, My pituitary gland is not in it's exact place it's a little moved, maybe that can be causing the pain? Though doctors told me, it's not a big deal that it's not in it's exact place. What caused your tumor?

@tricia, I can wear contacts normally. The pain is behind the eye! Kind of hard to explain.

@ psano, I am not treating for babesia. My doctor is not sure I have it.

--------------------
Ema

Posts: 394 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement