LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » cryptolepis extract, enula? What else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cryptolepis extract, enula? What else?
Deep in 'tis pear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deep in 'tis pear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am at a loss. I have been on Zithro and Malarone for 3 and 1/2 months and, according to my last results, I still have Babesia Duncani. So, I am in for another round of the same regimen. I have now developed painful lumps and swelling in my legs, my skin is getting really tight and I don't know what to do about it. I wonder if adding one of these herbs to the original cocktail would be beneficial or detrimental? Any advice will be welcome. Thank you. Oh, I also should mention that I have protein in the urine. Wonder if that could be triggered by the huge amount of Malarone I am taking... (4 a day)
Posts: 123 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeandfaith
Member # 19884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeandfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cryptoleptis helped me when I went off of antibiotics for a while. It seemed to really help my babesia infection.

--------------------
Shelly

Posts: 73 | From New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was your babs titer before the meds? Did it come down any at all?

I do plan on adding in herbs to hubby's treatment. Haven't quite worked out the exact plan yet -- will probably rotate between several different herbs.

Hubby's LLMD thinks that babs duncani requires multiple meds. Hubby will be adding in quinine and clindamycin to his malarone. There are other possible combos.

Many different herbs to choose from -- besides those you mentioned -- neem, noni, turmeric or curcumin, artemesia or artemesinin. This is by no means a complete list of choices.

Hubby did well on crytolepis in the past but was not on babs meds at the time. By itself he required an extremely high dose.

He has tried elecampane (the main herb in enula) and that doesn't seem to do anything. It is possible the brand name enula might be different.

The microbiologist at Clongen told hubby that in his opinion babs duncani would most likely require a full year of treatment. So that is our plan this time around.

Good luck.

Bea Seibert

P.S. I will be starting a new thread in the next few days listing a dozen or so different herbs that I have found suggested for babs treatment. Just need to finish my notes.

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement