LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Systemic Yeast and its importance in remission (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Systemic Yeast and its importance in remission
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason people don't get better from long term abx is one word
YEAST

Symptoms of systemic yeast
Digestive Symptoms

Abdominal Pain
Acid Reflux
Bloating
Colitis
Constipation
Crohn's Disease
Diarrhea
Food Allergies
Food Cravings
Gas
Gastritis
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Leaky Gut Syndrome
Nausea
Persistent Heartburn
Rectal Itching
Sugar Cravings
Ulcers

Mental Symptoms

ADD
ADHD
Anxiety
Apathy
Autism
Confusion
Depression
Dizziness
Dramatic Mood Swings
Foggy Thinking
Frequent Headaches
Irritability
Memory Loss
Migraine
Mood Swings
Panic
Poor Concentration
Poor Coordination
Spaced-Out Feeling

Mouth Symptoms

Bad Breath
Burning Tongue
Canker Sores
Dry Throat
Mouth Blisters
Sore Throat
White Coating on your Tongue

Respiratory Symptoms

Asthma
Bronchitis
Chronic Congestion
Chronic Cough
Clogged Sinusesicon
Congestion
Excess Mucous
Nasal Itchingicon
Pneumonia
Rhinitisicon
Sinus Infectionsicon
Sneezing
Wheezing

Skin Symptoms

Acne
Athlete's Foot
Diaper Rash
Eczema
General Itchiness
Itchy, Purple or Red Patches on the Skin
Psoriasis
Skin & Scalp Problems
Sores

Urinary Symptoms

Bed Wetting
Bladder Infections
Burning Urination
Cystitis
Kidney Infections
Male Dribbling
Male Lack Of Urinary Pressure
Urethritis
Urinary Frequency
Urinary Urgency

Reproductive Symptoms

Chronic Prostate Difficulties
Endometriosis
Genital Rashes
Impotence
Infertility
Irregular Menstruation
PMS
Premature Ejaculation
Prostatitis
Sexual Dysfunction
Vaginal Yeast Infection
Vaginitis

Eye Symptoms

Blurred Vision
Eye Floaters

Other Candida Albicans Symptoms

Bumping into Things
Charley Horses
Chronic Allergies
Chronic Fatigue
Diabetes
Fibromyalgia
Fluid Retention
Heart Palpitations
Hormonal Imbalance
Hypoglycemia
Hypothyroidism
Immune Dysfunction
Irregular Heartbeat
Lupus
Multiple Sclerosis
Muscle Pain (Lower Back & Neck)
Nail Fungus - Nails that are discolored, thickened and flaky
Racing Heart Spells
Sensation of Heat at Night
Weakness
Weight Gain
You feel 20 or 30 years older than you really are
You've been to many doctors who sent you home saying "it's all in your head"

--------------------

Need nystatin for mouth
diflucan or vfend systemic

you will herx very bad as the symptoms are the same as lyme.

Should treat minimim 2 months if long term abx
lots of probiotics, live is best
no yeast,fungi(mushrooms) sugar, wheat, flour
beer,wine liqueur,milk.

might want to get acyclovir to prevent overgrowth
and recurrence of viruses ie, shingles, ebv cmv
herpes.

I treated 3 months to get yeast symptoms under control.

NO ABX WHILE ON THESE OR YOUR WASTING YOUR MONEY.
it will not work if abx you are taking are causing continuous yeast production.

killing yeast is CRITICAL FOR GOING INTO REMISSION.

I DID NOT GO INTO REMISSION UNTIL I CLEARED UP YEAST. I FELT 100% BETTER IN 15 DAYS BUT CONTINUED FOR 3 MONTHS FOR TOTAL KILL.

must have liver enzymes done monthly.

they should stop the lyme treatment aka abx as soon as you feel reasonably sound. mentally,physically
and socially.

yes ,you will feel a point where you think you might want to try to ween off the abx .
at that point stop the abx and go on the
yeast regime asap.

my research and recommendation that has worked for
many is my "yeast cocktail"

1 stop all axb
2 stop all white food, yeast ,sugar,fungi, beer
wine
3 try to start a regime of exercise ,whatever,
even walking around house.

exercise in pure form produces endorphins and norepinephrine which act in our bodies to

INCREASE PROTECTION AND IMMUNE RESPOONSE.
THIS IS WHY EXERCISE IS IMPORTANT TO REMISSION .
I dare not say recovery,since only people with acute lyme and quick treatment get better.

long term exposure without treatment ,you can only expect remission with some residual symptoms that will never get better.

my iq prior to lyme and co's was 176. yes i was smart at one time, now it is down to 128. a very large drop and some days i feel like its 75.

4] vfend or diflucan, vfend works better but is very very expensive, $1800 per month.
5] acylovir to prevent the overgrowth of herpes ,
cmv,shingles and other viruses.
6] meds should be taken even with a neg culture as
long term abx 2 months or more,

you will almost always have systemic yeast.
you will not know its yeast because many symptoms are same as lyme.

chemical sensitivity has been linked to yeast but
not in every case.
7 lots and lots and lots of live probiotics.

even if you taken during abx treatment you still get systemic yeast, since abx kills everything
except yeast and viruses.

HOPE THIS HELPS ALL OF YOU AND IT IS A NECESSARY PART OF GETTING BETTER FROM ANY CHRONIC INFECTION INVOLVING ABX TREATMENT.

docdave

[ 04-16-2013, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long have you been in remission?

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting Dave. Thanks for the feedback. it's too bad LLMDs don't take your suggestions as seriously. None have said this yet. Getting a week of Diflucan is a challenge many times and VFend is impossible.

Go teach them something. [Smile]

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the issue of bacterial adaptation and resistance to abx? That is another good reason to be concerned about long-term abx for anything, not limited to but including lyme disease.

I wonder about the immune weakening as yes, flora is stripped from the intestines and Candida takes over.

Candida yeast toxins inhibit immunity and the nervous system, each like. That can hardly help anybody to get well.

I can't speak for anybody else, but for my own self, I have decided that I am most comfy going the herbal route. I do very much believe that there is a time and a place for abx by the way, and please don't get me wrong. But I am not inclined to throw my body under the bus just to get well, as someone else posted elsewhere to this forum. (Sorry I lost the thread and can't give proper credit! But whoever said it, I want to say that I thought they spoke very well).

Again I won't speak for anybody else, but for my own experience, I have made excellent progress in only six months with going strictly the herbal route.

As soon as I started abx I was WHAPPED and unable to function. I am still catching my breath and now the bugs only came back more strongly because I had to stop the abx. The symptoms had become too intense to continue. This has only set me back and not helped me.

The more I read posts from people here, and given my own experience, I am thinking it is worth going slowly and gradually in order to get steadily better, over long time, but to keep carrying on with my life. There's too much to live for to do anything else. I don't want to miss out (but have had to so far. Thanks to the herbs, I may even be able to get back to the activities I am missing and love, soon too! Even if there are deeper layers of the onion to continue to peel, over time).

Herx's with the herbs have been mild most of the time, bearable the rest of the time, and for the most part there weren't even any herx's at all. Yet I got steadily better and symptoms continue to prove that, six months later. The symptoms I had prior to starting the herbs have not come back. This was not just bacteriostatic.

It makes better sense to me to let the body do the job of washing out or eating up the bugs, than to kill the bugs and subject my body to the neurotoxins as they are killed. Combined with abx side effects on top of all. Doing herbs and abx, it's like the difference between going to war and being in a fight. That's how I would compare it, at least in my own experience.

Again I can speak for nobody else, only for my own self.

We all must follow our own path and do what we each believe in. I truly do believe in that.

I wish everybody wellness and great encouragement on their road to recovery.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS I think part of the solution may be to:

A Balance immunity so we can better get well
B) Balance adrenal and thyroid hormones to increase recouperation powers
C) Detoxify heavy metals and other environmental contaminants which hold down immunity
D) Strengthen the liver and kidneys so they can best detoxify the body. Dry brush the skin prior to showering to encourage toxin elimination through the pores of the skin.

In short, to strengthen and cleanse the body in addition to attacking the bugs. It would make sense that to balance the immune system and cleanse the body of immune-inhibiting toxins/metals, is to aid the recovery process.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a better way of saying this is, "A reason people don't get better from long term abx is one word
YEAST........."

To say it is THE reason people don't get well on abx...., I think that oversimplifies the issue. I wish that was the only reason, but I think it's a bit more complicated than that.

CI, well said.

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another reason - undetected mold exposure in your house or work.

Check your MSH level (LabCorp). Do an ERMI test on your house/workplace (www.mycometrics.com)

Rule it out!!!

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been in remission for 6 years now.
i was an active dentist in2000 and bedridden in 2003
5 years of old treatment and never got better.
yes there are other options controlling healing process.
my lyme titer was so high, when i got my first iv in 2001, i got full blast toxic overload and destroyed my neural network.
if i did it over now, i would definitely pulse treatment.
every house in north carolina that is not prepared correctly ,and this includes any houses close to coast with crawl space, will have mold, unless special dehumidifiers and treatment is set up prior to moving in.
the hot hot condenses in the crawl space and wets the wood.the wet wood is a home for colonies of mold and spores.
this however is a different problem from systemic yeast infection due to long term abx.
yeast is a mold not all molds are yeast.
they present different symptoms and treatment modalities.
mold is not killed by diflucan, but vfend or
amphoterin b.

yes ci ,long term abx cause many problems that people don't understand.
the idsa is not entirely wrong in not recommending long term abx, as the cure is sometimes worse the than the cure.
many issues arise, especially abx resistance and the development of a superbug, that is abx resistant.
MYCA is one that become a large issue in hospitals and others are evolving.
overuse of abx is a critical concern at the present and well into the future.

my research, and this is still speculative, since i have no equipment to prove it,
is that the bb enter the cell walls and release rna into the cell , and actually produce a dormant state of viral form.
there are several papers on this subject, but my gut feeling is that once into tissue, the bb act very very similar to dormant forms of herpes and other viruses.
they are brought out by extreme stress to the body, which is not how bacteria generally act.
the s and l forms may wind up being a whole new entity once lodged into the tissues of the body.
this is the other reason a cure is almost impossible.

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to agree with you that a "cure" is almost impossible. The key is to get our immune system working as best it can so that it can do the job it was designed to do. There's no one thing that will do that, and there's no one size fits all--unfortunately.

That's why we're pretty much on our own with this disease and have to fend for ourselves. I was very close to death in December 2009, but after going on another protocol, changing my diet and exercising, I finally began to make progress. There's no "one" thing that we can do that will get us well, it's a combination of things that we need to do.

Too bad there's not a "one size fits all" protocol for this disease. That's what makes this disease so frustrating and leads so many of us to lose hope, as I pretty much did in 2009. Thanks to my wife, and a dear lady on another forum, for encouraging me to "try one more protocol". Had it not been for them, I am certain I would not be writing this post today.

All I can say to everyone who's reading this, don't lose hope, don't give up, keep doing whatever you gotta do to fight this dastardly disease. It IS beatable. Curable? I tend to think it isn't, but we can get better and live a good life in spite of Lyme disease. Don't give up and don't lose hope!

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So do you think DocDave that antivirals are effective against Bb intracellularly?
Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there are a lot of reasons. Very resistant multiple infections that were not adequately treated is mine.

I keep the yeast in check with diflucan. I don't have a lot of problems with it.

But when I was only given nystatin I did develop really bad yeast. It was when I quit abx to treat the yeast that my babesia flared. I am still trying to get my life back under control.

It is just a struggle.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts are with almost any infection you never eradicate it. Take strep throat for exaample...the ABX kill some and knock it back into harmoney with the rest of the pathogens we are harboring. Many pathogens make biofilms and spores or cyst to protect them from being killed by ABX.

Many folks are carriers of MRSA, C diff, Bb...they are not infected until something disrupts the balance of these pathogens.

Trick is trying to figure out which one of these pathogens is causing the illness and to knock it back down without other infections trying to resurface such as yeast, dormant viruses, c diff etc.

It is a balancing act IMO. I tend to agree that many who have been on longterm ABX might have an overgrowth of yeast that needs treating.

I also think the IDSA is not that stupid. I think they know about the persistance of Bb, but would rather not treat it long term because of the risk involved...especially the development of superbugs like Dave said. If they deny the problem exist then the problem goes away.

Just my thoughts on my personal experience of trying to figure all this out.

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

i think that taking antivirals are for just that
preventing dormant viral outbreaks of shingles, cmv, ebv and herpes.
i was taking antivirals during latent stage
lyme disease ,and it really doesn't hurt.

AIDS patients take them all the time to prevent the herpes virus for aids.
monitored, i think it is safe to take.
monitored is the key to any treatment.
if it helps with dormant bb i don't know, can't tell you, but from my research , may help control outbreaks.

as gary mentioned, lyme and co's is a multifaceted disease and with its over 200 genomes
and different biology, almost every person must have a genetic diagnosis and treatment, which is in the near future.

as of now, it is hit or miss.
i was treated for 5 years and was extremely sick,
i did not get any dormant viruses during my treatment to lower my immune system either further.

what cures lyme?????
abx in some, herbs in others ,rife in others,
hyberbolic in others.

One thing for certain:
LONG TERM ABX 3MONTHS OR MORE CAUSES SYSTEMIC YEAST, PERIOD.
THIS IS WITH OR WITHOUT PROBIOTICS, DIET AND ANTIYEAST MEDS.

long term abx kill indigenous bacteria in the mouth , stomach and intestines and nothing stops this process as long as the person takes abx.
after treatment you still have systemic yeast.
This must be treatment for a good remission.

docdave

**edited some space for easier reading**

[ 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, question, docdave- which bacteria do you worry about killing in the mouth? I've been on antibiotics for 2 1/2 years and, not surprisingly, my old gum disease symptoms completely reversed(I went from having 4-5-6 deep gaps to 1-2-3's at worst around the back lower teeth). I had had early gum disease and had had root scaling or whatever that extra-deep nasty procedure is called, but that was ages ago now and the recent improvement is really recent. Anyway, I'm assuming I've killed a lot of the dental spirochetes as well as treating lyme. Which other mouth bacteria do you think are beneficial?

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

all mouth bacteria are beneficial
without them you could not digest food
the enzymes they produce help to breakdown initially the food bolus and move it down to the stomach.
there are many nasty bacteria in the mouth, that is why a human bite to another human is dangerous.
s aureus, strep mutans and the spirocetes if left unbalanced cause major damage in mouth and other places.
cycline based product reduce the bacteria for perio disease and can reverse it.
it does not however allow the bone to regrow.
there are now techniques to regrow bone ,but that is past this scope of conversation.
abx kill all bacteria, it does not know good from bad ,and even though bacvteria in the mouth and gut (ecoli) in itself is very bad, the body has them in a symbiotic relationship to itself.
\
docdave

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh i agree completely.

i've treated with diet, probiotics, diflucan, etc., and still have yeast problems.

i firmly believe abx cause yeast period...

but getting docs to even discuss it is another matter.

one i don't care what he says -- three days of diflucan will not cure yeast.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for jo3!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chirogirl
Member # 31150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chirogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I was told by a Doctor yesterday that I've got some chronic yeast issues. So today I am starting to address.. I've got the yeast connection cookbook and am wondering which probiotic is best. Seems like I heard it was Theralac, but may have been Threelac? Any suggestions?
Posts: 13 | From SC | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast is close to impossible to get rid of unless you detox the toxic metals which are the major contributors to growing yeast. It is the body's way to protect itself for survival by covering itself in yeast. The problem is that the neurotoxins from yeast are just as miserable as any other neurotoxins. If you want to clean up, be able to digest and eat a good diet again, you need to address detoxing of metals.

I have been talking about this for ten years and people still insist on a anti yeast diet which simply does not work longterm.

Please read some of my posts and cover yourself temporarily with some good probiotics. As long as you are metal toxic, infections are prone to show up again and again. Consider www.allergie-immun.de (English version)

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chirogirl
Member # 31150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chirogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi I am 37 years old and am not going to have my teeth removed. My other option would be to have the fillings removed and filled with something else, correct? I would be nervous to disrupt the fillings from their spot for fear of the neurotoxins. Is it a myth that the mercury dissipates after so many years? You do not believe that a good dose of antifungals and a no sugar, wheat etc. diet can rid your body of the yeast overgrowth? why would this not work long term? I know (in this day in age) it is normal to have SOME yeast in our bodies. It's the overgrow I am concerned about.

I read some of your posts years ago, I will look into the heavy metals again. (Assuming I could find a good Dentist around here). But I don't know if this is the route I'd want to go. My life is going pretty good right now, aside from a few symptoms. I was hoping that starving the yeast would help these issues. I don't want to stir the POT that much by starting to remove filling. lol.. not right now anyway. I feel my quality of life is pretty good.

I guess my main question would be is why do heavy metals cause you to have yeast issues? Isn't it normal to have latent viruses and bacteria in our body? Is it the fact your immune system is dealing with the heavy metals and not the yeast?

I am interested in this because my sister has just been diagnosed with high iron. But to go through what I would have to go through to do a REAL heavy metal detox, I don't know if it safe or if I am up for it. Not everyone has as good a mentor as you did..

Posts: 13 | From SC | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chirogirl
Member # 31150

Would you suggest detoxing of metals without messing with your teeth? Is this doable?
chirogirl
Member # 31150

ps. And I'll go read a little but I work 50+ hours a week so I am limited. Thanks.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chirogirl... Theralac is very good.

Excellent probiotics:

VSL#3
http://www.vsl3.com/order.asp

Theralac
www.theralac.com

Whatever you take, take at least 100 CFU's per day. Wish someone had told me that 10 yrs ago!

Candida diet and elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

YEAST SYMPTOMS:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/104816#000000

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chirogirl
Member # 31150

ok Gigi, maybe you are right. My sister still has yeast issues and she has been on a great diet, taken probiotics etc. Is there any way to do this (metal detox) without removing filling?
chirogirl
Member # 31150

Thanks Lymetoo. Do you believe you can get rid of the yeast without heavy metal detox? My sister is still having problems after having dieted and taking probiotics, but she refuses to take a prescribed antifungal. She'll only do natural.

Also, will I be able to tell how many CFU's from the labeling on the Theralac bottle? I'm going to order some. Thank you.

Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to disagree with this post (excerpted) for both factual and ethical reasons:

"Yeast is close to impossible to get rid of unless you detox the toxic metals which are the major contributors to growing yeast. It is the body's way to protect itself for survival by covering itself in yeast...Consider www.allergie-immun.de "

Though yeast is dimorphic, and does contribute to biofilms' structure, you can beat it down and/or eradicate it with many off the shelf anti-fungals and detoxifying agents.

I do believe Gigi offers excellent advice to many, and has helped many through the years. But I've seen so many posts where I just roll my eyes, and found 10 minutes to respond to this...

No offense here. My candida was sky-high, which is the reason why I stopped antibiotics. I beat it down -- and measured it with blood tests -- to show the progress I made with many different antifungals; and I felt much better too. It just takes a lot of work.

But to bait people into thinking they need to buy into German products or services is unethical. And for many, not affordable!

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a note-I was taking diflucan-found out I had candida krusei-which is resistant to diflucan! Got some chinese herbs which work much better!
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chirogirl
Member # 31150

Well it doesn't sound like you have cold feet anymore. [Wink]

Thank you Lymetoo for the links. Just what I needed as far as looking into the diet approach. Now I'm wondering if this yeast connection book is outdated. I wish this message board had IM.

chirogirl
Member # 31150

oh great Beth, thanks. Would you be interested in sharing which ones? Sorry if I'm taking over this thread, but I would love to know more.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

We have a private message function.

Click on the "envelope" next to the date.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Toboein
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toboein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Other Candida Albicans Symptoms Bumping into Things
Imagine walking into a Dr's office and you bump into the doorframe, and later knock over a plant and the doc just points at you and shouts "CANDIDA! IVE SEEN IT BEFORE!"

Oh i crack myself up inappropriately.

[bonk]

--------------------
A tiny bug no bigger than a pimple on your butt can change your life.

Posts: 101 | From Southern NJ | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toboein:
quote:
Other Candida Albicans Symptoms Bumping into Things
Imagine walking into a Dr's office and you bump into the doorframe, and later knock over a plant and the doc just points at you and shouts "CANDIDA! IVE SEEN IT BEFORE!"

Oh i crack myself up inappropriately.

[bonk]

Rotflmao I needed that laugh thanks !!!

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know..I've always wondered whether the yeast symptoms are really lyme symptoms.

Hear me out...Before I was dx'd with lyme I was very yeasty and went down the road of systemic candidia. I had a lot of the symptoms. I later learned lyme was my issue and that yeast is common with people with lyme.

So..are the yeast symptoms listed truely from yeast, or are they really lyme symptoms which peole incorrectly associate with yeast (people who don't know they have lyme.)

hmmm?

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chirogirl
Member # 31150

I think they are yeast symptoms because the OBgyn doctor did a swab and looked at the yeast under the microscope. In fact, I think a lot of my symptoms are yeast -and if I didn't know for sure I had an acitve yeast infection I would have been tempted to blame them on Lyme. To think of all the antibiotics I've had now I'm thinking, how could it have NOT been yeast?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good thinking, bcb! For me, I had both. I actually was diagnosed with lyme BECAUSE I had yeast. I sought treatment for the yeast and ended up in the office of an LLMD by accident! (Thank you, God!)

I had been treating the yeast for several months and was feeling much better.. but was still ill. So when we figured out I also had Lyme.. everything fell into place!

I believe I had the yeast because I'd had Lyme most of my life and my immune system was shot.

The rest is history.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

raw vegan runner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raw vegan runner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, I think the same with me.

I was on abx frequently as a teen...and ALWAYS got a YI. Then, any time as an adult I had to take abx, which wasn't that often...same thing. I truly think that I have had yeast longer than I have had Lyme...but now they just feed of each other...

Plus, I get that when we are on abx we are supposed to supplement with probiotics but to me that's like flushing $$$ down the toilet! So, you take your abx at 8am, then take your probiotics at noon, they get to swim around your gut for a bit before you kill them at 4pm with your next abx dose...??? That's why knowledgeable Docs will tell you to take probiotics for two weeks AFTER you finish your abx...

But then there are those of us who have been on abx for months/years whose systems and guts are just shredded...and the yeast is just EVERYWHERE...

Then we have years of trying to get it back under control.

I am not sure that the heavy metals will completey prevent you from curing yeast...but I haven't read enough about it. I am sure mold, metals, et al play a part but...who knows. I don't know if there is enough evidence out there ot support the connection, for *me*. I am sure I have some mercury issues as I have horrible teeth full of fillings but like chirogirl, I am not going to have all my teeth pulled...but I do have any fillings now done with composite not mercury. I have had to have some teeth puled because they were so bad, and haven't had them replaced bc of the whole 'dental surgery' thing and not wanting to have a yeast situation in my mouth go crazy from doing something surgical...ugh. Who knows what is ok and what isn't.

Posts: 206 | From In the shadow of a mountain | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some things that get rid of yeast:

Antifungal tannins or zinc tannates
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Probiotics, both the bacterial kind (acidophilus, bifidus) and also the yeast kind (s. boulardii)
Coconut oil (caprylic acid)
Garlic
Oregano
Thyme
Colloidal Silver
Pau D'Arco

and probably many more...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on Mepron for a week and I have to take it with fats which my LLMD recommended milk and peanuts. I know this is not allowed on the anti-candida diet. Any advice?

thanks

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how do you know that your symptoms are caused by lyme or by yeast???

my spit test was positive this morning, will do another tomorrow.

im on a new protocol since 2 weeks and since the second week im very depressed and have a lot of mental confusion.. but my concentration is ok..

my stool isnt that hard too since 1 week.. not diarrhea like.. but not like normal..

dont know if its yeast or herx.. :/

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good list Razzle.

I recently tried an herbal product called CandiGone per my LLMD's requeset(got it at my local health food store). It is a yeast cleanse that lasts for a little more than two weeks; it has lots of good anti-fungal herbs in it. I think it helped me. I had a few days last week where I felt better than I had in months (not right, but better). I was taking 100 mg of diflucan a day with it as well (had been on that for about a month and a half already).. I finished the cleanse and just doubled my dose of diflucan a couple days ago. Really trying to hammer the yeast out. And yes, I'm doing my best with the diet; no sugars of any kind as well as no flours and/or "white" foods.

Like TuTu and others, yeast was clearly a big factor for me before I "got sick.".. When I think of my history, it really makes sense.
I went on a heavy antibiotic protocol back in Oct. 2010, which I'm sure didn't help matters.

I don't feel that I'm done with my lyme & co. treatment, but for now, we need to clean up the yeast or else it will just keep getting more out of control with all the antibiotics. The diflucan is really the only drug that caused any noticeable improvement for me thus far.

So I am in total agreement that yeast must be always taken into account. Before I started taking diflucan daily and noticing the major die off type reaction, I would've told you that I probably didn't have a yeast issue! Not so.

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by skies:

I don't feel that I'm done with my lyme & co. treatment, but for now, we need to clean up the yeast or else it will just keep getting more out of control with all the antibiotics. The diflucan is really the only drug that caused any noticeable improvement for me thus far.

So I am in total agreement that yeast must be always taken into account. Before I started taking diflucan daily and noticing the major die off type reaction, I would've told you that I probably didn't have a yeast issue! Not so.

-
Too bad more people don't figure this out! Good job, skies!

I don't think the spit test is all that reliable...meaning that it could come out clear and you could have yeast in your gut.

So just get on the diet and see if you feel better.. or call your dr and ask for some Diflucan to see if it helps your symptoms.

St Olaf.. how about avocado, or almond butter, coconut oil, a piece of chicken (??) Can't think of others. I never took mepron.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stymielymie said

my research, and this is still speculative, since i have no equipment to prove it,
is that the bb enter the cell walls and release rna into the cell , and actually produce a dormant state of viral form.
there are several papers on this subject, but my gut feeling is that once into tissue, the bb act very very similar to dormant forms of herpes and other viruses.

Any chance you could provide a link to these papers please?

Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I have yeast issues, I have been on abx for three years and my recent candida test was through the roof. However, after starting diflucan, I noticed no change.

I do wonder if I should stop abx all together to see what happens. I started taking plquenil and biaxin plus still taking rifampin and told myself I would give it two months and then get off all meds except diflucan for some months and see what happens. I want to see if this helps me build my immune system back up. One months on plaquenil and biaxin and no change!

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raw vegan runner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raw vegan runner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will say...I have been off abx for several weeks, AND treating for yeast, I feel better. I have been doing several things so I can't say for sure what helps the most but though I treated for yeast ON abx, I think it was a waste and just made me resistant to that treatment.

I used a product by Solaray for several months and now I use Caprilic Acid, Oregano Oil(blech) and eat alot of garlic [Smile] I have to say the bloating I was having seems better, as do the white patches in my mouth/throat but beyond that...???

Posts: 206 | From In the shadow of a mountain | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

How many days have you taken Diflucan, rich?

matt.. Stymie doesn't post here very often. Try sending him a PM.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

365SunnyDays
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 365SunnyDays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are almonds okay on an anti-yeast diet? I believe peanuts are on the "no" list, but that almonds and certain other nuts are okay.

--------------------
We really know so little about the body and the microbiome.

Posts: 261 | From Southern California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chirogirl
Member # 31150

According to "The Yeast Connection Cookbook", almonds are okay.
Leonardjio
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leonardjio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chirogirl:
My sister still has yeast issues and she has been on a great diet, taken probiotics etc. Is there any way to do this (metal detox) without removing filling?

Chirogirl,
Consider the selenium connection. Selenium neutralises mercury, helps your immunesystem fight the yeast and neutralises the bioneurotoxins released by the yeast.
Its crucial and multifunctional.

info on selenium

--------------------
"They that are whole have no need for the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance"(Mark 2.17)

Posts: 149 | From Amsterdam | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the info, Leonard!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Kerry23
Member # 28383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I just had to respond to this old post. First, I want to thank Lymetoo for her "yeast" post that has helped thousands, I am sure. It sure helped me. I am still struggling with this but I wanted to share my story with this vicious illness. About 3-4 months after started Mino and Levaquin for Lyme and Bart, it felt like medication stopped working or disease was overpowering the meds. After MY research and seeing my LLMD who never diagnosed me with it. I told doc I believe I have yeast. He threw me script of Nystatin and out I went. I still was on Mino but off Levaquin for doc's fear of "tendonitis" (least of problems). Then, out of nowhere, I come down with a case of hives, everywhere. It was a clear sign of yeast but doctor had no idea, just told me to get off all meds. After, hives got under control after a couple of weeks, I went back on Mino due to joint ache and stiffness, unfortunately, I was unaware that I was herxing as the candida was flooding out of me. Called office again and told them to put me on ani fungal. Nystatin did nothing. Extreme fatigue and depression took over. I call office: again everyone's thinking it is Lyme worsening except me. Doc puts me on 10 day supply of Diflucan. 10 Days! On ABX! Crazy, but it eased symptoms for very short time.
Now, after losing time of treatment for lyme, I have to fight yeast. Worst than lyme. No one tells you this. Doctor never warned me of yeast or gave me preventative medication. So, what does he do? Changes to stronger antibiotic: Biaxin and Plaquenil and Ketaconazole, three weeks later, I am vomiting. I don't even call the office anymore. It takes days for them to respond. I leave a question on their machine and it never gets answered. I hate it there, it is all about money, these doctors don't care. So, to end this: I felt okay after a few days of being off everything and then it was like someone hit me over the head. I wanted to go to hospital but I sounded so mentally unstable, they would have put me in psych ward. I just told my husband and kids that I was dying. I have been prepping everyone since. For a month, I was in a herx. I took supplements for yeast and added more which made the herx even stronger. After a month, slowly, I came out of this. Since then, I have had 2 more herxes or it is coming back, I don't know. All I can tell is when I start crying during the day for no reason I know I still have it. Two days ago, I went back on antifungal (ket). I am sick of it not knowing whether it is coming or going. Fluid retention is on the symptom list. I have that on my one elbow, out of nowhere, it is bursitis. Never hurt, never had issues with that elbow but fluid backed up and I read it could be from yeast overgrowth. Since I stopped all meds over a month ago, that has slowly decreased in size. Even more since beginning ketaconazole. I can finally tell the difference between lyme and yeast.
I blame my LLMD who apparently specializes in yeast, leaky gut, but failed to help me or my son who has it too. My llmd wanted to put me on IV Rocephin over this: I think if I chose that route, I would be dead right now for increasing the yeast. It takes over your whole body, I can't even think, I thought I had ALS and MS due to trembling/shaking from anxiety. Without pain meds, Xanax, and regular Tylenol, I don't know how I would get through this. Thank you for posting this. It should stay on your first page as Lyme patients need to be educated on this. I know a couple of patients that have been on ABX for years and insist they don't have a problem. I tried to tell them....all I can do is tell them my symptoms. My son and I are traumatized and lost faith in medical professionals. This page should be posted in facebook as well!
Educate! Listen to your body!

--------------------
30 Supplements
Awaiting new protocol
Diagnosed 2nd time 9/08/2011
with positive western blot
No co infection

Posts: 74 | From Pine Island, NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear of your pain Kerry.
Don't lose faith, there are some good doctors left out there. Perhaps it's time for a switch if you haven't done so already?

My doctor in Montana takes my yeast concerns very seriously. When I tell her I feel like its acting up I get Diflucan for at least 2 weeks, and sometimes she gives me refills.

I'm not on ABX right now, but I am treating Babesia with herbs.
Its a slow ride, but I do feel confident my doctor is not putting my health in further jeopardy by hammering everything out at once. She seems truly genuine.

I hope you got better very soon!

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerry, I feel your pain. I have a terrible candida problem. I am angry that my doctor never mentioned anything about it in the beginning of my treatment. He never said anything about diet, so I wasn't terribly strict about what I ate. My diet has never been terrible, but I ate a lot of carbs to counteract the nausea that all the anitbiotics caused. There was no preventative in place except for diflucan 3 days per week. That wasn't enough to prevent this beast from taking over. He also didn't educate me on the proper probiotics. I was taking them, but they certainly were not the highest quality nor the right quanitity of bacteria needed.

I am now basically unable to treat with antibiotics because the yeast will rage even more out of control than it is now. I took diflucan for several months and that helped some, but I felt my body needed a break from it, so I stopped. Now I am on nystatin, which does makes me herx, but I don't know if it's as effective as diflucan.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Very depressing.

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry23:

breaking this up so we can all read it

[QB] Hi,
I just had to respond to this old post. First, I want to thank Lymetoo for her "yeast" post that has helped thousands, I am sure. It sure helped me. I am still struggling with this but I wanted to share my story with this vicious illness.

About 3-4 months after started Mino and Levaquin for Lyme and Bart, it felt like medication stopped working or disease was overpowering the meds.

After MY research and seeing my LLMD who never diagnosed me with it. I told doc I believe I have yeast. He threw me script of Nystatin and out I went.

I still was on Mino but off Levaquin for doc's fear of "tendonitis" (least of problems). Then, out of nowhere, I come down with a case of hives, everywhere.

It was a clear sign of yeast but doctor had no idea, just told me to get off all meds. After, hives got under control after a couple of weeks, I went back on Mino due to joint ache and stiffness, unfortunately, I was unaware that I was herxing as the candida was flooding out of me.

Called office again and told them to put me on ani fungal. Nystatin did nothing. Extreme fatigue and depression took over.

I call office: again everyone's thinking it is Lyme worsening except me. Doc puts me on 10 day supply of Diflucan. 10 Days! On ABX!

Crazy, but it eased symptoms for very short time.
Now, after losing time of treatment for lyme, I have to fight yeast. Worst than lyme. No one tells you this.

Doctor never warned me of yeast or gave me preventative medication. So, what does he do? Changes to stronger antibiotic: Biaxin and Plaquenil and Ketaconazole, three weeks later, I am vomiting.

I don't even call the office anymore. It takes days for them to respond. I leave a question on their machine and it never gets answered. I hate it there, it is all about money, these doctors don't care.

So, to end this: I felt okay after a few days of being off everything and then it was like someone hit me over the head. I wanted to go to hospital but I sounded so mentally unstable, they would have put me in psych ward.

I just told my husband and kids that I was dying. I have been prepping everyone since. For a month, I was in a herx. I took supplements for yeast and added more which made the herx even stronger.

After a month, slowly, I came out of this. Since then, I have had 2 more herxes or it is coming back, I don't know. All I can tell is when I start crying during the day for no reason I know I still have it.

Two days ago, I went back on antifungal (ket). I am sick of it not knowing whether it is coming or going. Fluid retention is on the symptom list. I have that on my one elbow, out of nowhere, it is bursitis.

Never hurt, never had issues with that elbow but fluid backed up and I read it could be from yeast overgrowth. Since I stopped all meds over a month ago, that has slowly decreased in size. Even more since beginning ketaconazole.

I can finally tell the difference between lyme and yeast.
I blame my LLMD who apparently specializes in yeast, leaky gut, but failed to help me or my son who has it too. My llmd wanted to put me on IV Rocephin over this: I think if I chose that route, I would be dead right now for increasing the yeast.

It takes over your whole body, I can't even think, I thought I had ALS and MS due to trembling/shaking from anxiety. Without pain meds, Xanax, and regular Tylenol, I don't know how I would get through this.

Thank you for posting this. It should stay on your first page as Lyme patients need to be educated on this. I know a couple of patients that have been on ABX for years and insist they don't have a problem.

I tried to tell them....all I can do is tell them my symptoms. My son and I are traumatized and lost faith in medical professionals. This page should be posted in facebook as well!
Educate! Listen to your body!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thank you kerry for sharing. Wish I could write more, but I have severe neck pain right now.

I do wish more patients would pay attention to preventing yeast because, as you said, it is worse than having Lyme once it takes over the body.

I followed the diet strictly while on abx and took probiotics. But I didn't know that PB8 was virtually useless!! It only contains 7 CFU's per pill and I would take one or two a day!!

I agree that the joints can swell from the yeast. I get that too.

I hope you can get a handle on the yeast. Consider asking your dr for a script for VSL#3 DS ... all you pay is your copay .. so it's cheaper and it is TONS of CFU's!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you buy diflucan without a prescription??

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

From Mexico maybe.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

pooldog71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooldog71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo

What is PB8?

Posts: 164 | From California | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

PB8 is a very LAME probiotic.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

GiGi
Member # 259

As long as you carry toxic heavy metals, yeast will remain a problem no matter how many probiotics and what kind you take. The toxic metals would kill us if the body did not produce yeast as a response to protect itself. It has very little to do with your diet. My experience and Dr. K.'s publication going back mid-90's, "Heavy Metals and Chronic Diseases".
Toxic metals kill and the list of symptoms is identical to all other neurotoxins, no matter which microorganism/co-infections or other source produces them.

If you have become allergic to the metals, the body has problems releasing them. Allergie Immun solves all allergies.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry23
Member # 28383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme tu tu is the one to address any yeast issues. She was better than any doctor of mine.
I tried PB8 and they did nothing. I am on VSL#3 DS for some months now due to Lymetutu's advice. My son is on it now too. There is nothing better than that product. I have heard so many different opinions about the diet, though. I have heard from doctors that "good carbs" are okay so I guess you just have to go with what your body tells you. I have had this yeast coming out of me while still eating a piece of bread, apple, bananas but no ABX. I don't drink, or smoke, I am just trying to survive. The doc's office did food allergy tests and egg whites was the only thing and I have been eating eggs all my life. No reactions.
Probotics are for prevention only, not cures.

Lymetutu: Are you on ABX right now?

--------------------
30 Supplements
Awaiting new protocol
No co infection

Posts: 74 | From Pine Island, NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

"Probotics are for prevention only, not cures."

That is correct.
However, the "prevention" will be ongoing, systemic damage from yeast continuing unless the detox of toxic metals, chemicals, molds is addressed in an effective way. For many, The body has lost the ability to regulate these substances and detox them unless the body is given the correct "information".

http://allergie-immun.de/Englisch/allergietherapy.html

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry23:

Lymetutu: Are you on ABX right now?

-
NO, I haven't been for years now. My GI doctor messed me up last fall with some antibiotics and I was not on VSL#3 at the time. Big mistake I am still paying for.

Gigi... Pay for my Allergy Immune and I may consider it. I'll be a good guinea pig. [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO READ THIS...POST by stymielymie
its a little long, but,
there is a huge part of recovery here..
up #2

[ 08-15-2011, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: payne ]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic Thread- Up for all!
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry23
Member # 28383

I want to know what Payne was trying to Post??
There is nothing there....Did I miss the post: Do you know, Lymetutu?

--------------------
30 Supplements
Awaiting new protocol
No co infection

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kerry,
just the entire post above by stymielymie..
when we up something it gets moved to first in topic post for attention.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerry, I think PAyne was just trying to bump the post up for others to read...

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up for those suffering!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the bump up!!!!

Been trying to figure out what I could safely use to fight yeast!!!

Silverwolfi here

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This came at a great time for me. I would have continued to stay on Lyme treatment when what I am dealing with right ow is out Lyme, but the mess it left behind.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crazy. my first bad symptom was/still is a very bloated stomach, so bad it was hard to breathe. but i also have specific lyme sx's like terrible leg pain and muscle loss. yeast can't be the cause of that. i did test pos for candida albicans

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dave, I haven't been active for a spell so glad to hear from you.

Al

CT, now in FLA, (Got tired then retired)

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love this post. I remember reading it last year. I just want to add my two cents to help those still suffering. I have had MAJOR yeast issues ever since I went on abx.

I tried absolutely everything to get rid of it. Like many here, I wasn't given enough probiotics when I started on abx. But, I had yeast prior to getting abx, I just didn't recognize the signs. Looking back, every single time I got bit (that I'm aware of), I craved sugar like a fruit fly on crack. You couldn't keep me away from it. I became absolutely addicted to cookies and cakes. Each tick bite, it was something different (a new sweet).

I have tried Burrascano's anti candida diet, diflucan, nystatin, every single anti yeast herb and product out there. You name it, I've done it. All of these help. Rest too. Aside from all of this, I have to say, Gigi is spot on (heavy metals).

I recently started removing my amalgams and my yeast got better. Each time I get some removed, my yeast gets better. This alone was worth the expense and worry of removing them. I wish I had listened to Gigi 2 years ago. I wasn't ready back then though. My mind wasn't open to it.

I have also been working on parasites. There is a heavy metal and parasite connection to the yeast. Gigi's babushka principle explains this (search). Looking back with the sugar cravings and all, I'm convinced some parasites came with the tick. I started treating parasites last year. I can now eat things that I couldn't eat before thanks to working on both heavy metals and parasites. Not a lot, just a little (some fruit, potato chips, gluten free bread and pizza). I still have more amalgams to replace. Once they are all done, then I can start working on detoxing heavy metals.

If you really want to make an impact on yeast, I would listen to Gigi and Gael. Heavy metals and parasites have been at the heart of my yeast problem. Of course everyone's advice above is helpful too, but if you truly want to kill the yeast beast within, go after the source of the yeast: parasites and heavy metals. They're in you whether you test positive or not. If you breathe air or live on the planet, you have parasites. Like the western blot, these tests are fallible.

[ 03-09-2013, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iluvrain
Member # 40055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iluvrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And THIS is my biggest fear of aggressive Abx treatment. I know i have a systemic yeast problem. It is everywhere! In fact before we had thought of lyme, my naturopath was treating me for yeast. He said i was a very bad case...and it can get rough real quick. I had been on abx for aut three months due to a dental infection...and i got sick with the yeast.

Many docs will think only in terms of oral or vaginal...obvious yeast signs and think the rest is a crock. But i experienced the difficulty breathing, extreme fatigue, chemical smell sensitivity etc. I was fortunate to be working with a chiro whose mom almost died of candidiasis. She had been givien two weeks and another chiro said..here is the one thing you might could do as last ditch effort. No one knew what was wrong with her. She just couldnt breathe. This man worked with her doc to get her off unnecessary meds, candida strict diet, she even showered with a special water filter. She is alive and well today.
So i began to tell him the symptoms of candidiasis without even knowing it. I resisted this diagnosis for a while...but once i went on the diet, it took a couple of months and i was much better. I followed it very strictly. If i ate candy, the next day was automatic thick breathing. At that point, i would have done just about anything. Regular docs make me feel crazy if i say this happened to me. He said people called his mom crazy, but her breathing was so bad she slept on the driveway. Its real and i have no idea why mainstream can not understand.

Now i have a maybe lyme diagnosis, positive igm, negative igg...and many of the symptoms. I am having to take abx now to just stay afloat. Mainly issues with pain in my teeth, head and neck.

I have an appnt with an llmd but i just know my body can not handle the yeast so i feel like i cant win for losing.

I am going to try the probiotics lymetoo mentioned. I take a different now. I do need some options for the oral yeast. I am having major dental issues...and i am strting to wonder if it is more yeast related than bacterial, but abx makes it better.

Dr. b discusses chewable acidopholus...can you get that otc?

Posts: 66 | From Memphis | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
[email protected]
Member # 40097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmomlq@yahoo.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ironically, I looked at this thread cuz of babs and Malarone withdrawal. I began my Lyme journey w/Candida. In 'Feb. '12 (after Valentine's Day!) I noticed my head/eyes drooping during conversation. Never one to be fatigued unless sick, I knew something was very wrong. I also had a strange stench in my nose that only I could smell.

After 26 yrs. of disabling pain and various sxs, I was finally dx'd Bb 6/12. At this point I'd been on a strict Candida diet along w/Diflucan for several mos., as well as a strong dose of Nystatin. I began abx for Lyme, then Lymetutu said it sounded like I had babs and that I MUST treat immediately. I asked my Dr. to treat, she put me on Malarone 3 pills bid. The 1st week I was so very, very sick from it: short of breath, extreme nausea, etc. my doc had me do an ultrasound for gall bladder. I had to go off of Mal. cuz I couldn't handle fat. After gb removal I went back to Mal. high dose.

It helped my middle back pain and returned my voice (which had been gone for most of a decade). I was on it for 6 straight mos. I've just asked to go off of it cuz of extreme nausea and the stench which has worsened. My LLMD suggested I go off of Mal. for a few days and see what happens. I've been off since last night (missed 3 doses now). The nausea has been a bit better, but the stench is horrendous, and my stomach/digestion is awful.

I'd always leaned toward constipation, now I'm having 2-4 loose stools/day. It's messy and depleting, and I never feel quite right. I'm thinking it may be yeast, although I've remained on a VERY strict diet (even stopped fruit for a couple mos.), no sugar, yeast, vinegar, etc. since Feb. '11. After reading Stymie's post I'm thinking I need to address the yeast once and for all.

I had my fillings removed in '89 which got me up out of a wheelchair- had been very careful w/metals since, but tested positive for lead. Have been on DMSA for that since last April.

I'm afraid of stopping the Mal. before the bugs are gone, but I know that it encourages yeast growth too. I have written to the group at large since I managed to finally re-register when it kept spewing me out after the site change. I've never gotten any response. Sitting at the computer is hard for me (pain), I can't get the group on my phone or I would.

My husband and I are both on this tx w/this LLMD. I think he has yeast too but won't admit it. We've both lost lots of muscle, we look like scarecrows!

Anyway, I'd like to know these things:
1. Does anyone else deal w/a stench in the nostrils which worsens w/extra carb intake?

2. Do you think that babs can be removed with yeast in the system?

Please address the group and PM me if possible so I can read responses through Email.

cmomlq

Cipro 500mg bid
Azith 500/day
Ketoconazole bid
Gris-Peg/day (anti-fungal)
Methylation genetic problem- can't digest foods
On allergy drops for: Candida, T3, Molds- all 7 (live in mold-free house now), Trees/weeds
7 food allergies including cane sugar

Posts: 8 | From NV | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement