LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » rifampin + cyst

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rifampin + cyst
cleo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where it the proof that rifampin is a cyst buster? All the research that I have done says that borrelia is resistant to it. I also thought that Dr.B said it has no activity against it.
Posts: 433 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not aware that it is a cyst buster. I thought it was used to treat bartonella??

Have you emptied you mailbox yet? I tried to respond to your PM twice but could not. Me and another poster left a message for you on your post in "Seeking" but you never indicated on the post if you emptied your mailbox.

Posts: 5187 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told it treat lyme and can penetrate cysts. That is why I had such a massive herx from it like nothing before.

I did look it up and it did say it was also a cyst buster and that is the reason why it is so aggressive.

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mailbox emptied
Posts: 433 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
annier, can you post the source that states it works for cysts.. This is something new to me as well.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2026 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never heard that it was a cyst buster. If it is, it can't be a serious one or everyone would have heard that before.

(It will seriously kick butt though! [dizzy] )

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95344 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Dr B say in his last update it "could" be a cyst buster?
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beths, you are correct. In reading back, I see that he did state that in his latest notes.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/105863?

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2026 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read it on facebook when someone sent me Dr B's notes on abx...they were showing me why I had such a strong reaction.

I also was told by my llmd that the reaction was so strong because I was already on omnicef and zithro when they gave me the rifampin. He said rifampin kills off lyme and enters the cyst form of lyme which cause a msssive overload and herx on me.

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe my experience of late is proof it is a cyst buster as well. About a month ago I realized it needed to be taken on an empty stomach and oh my goodness... the difference that has made. Throw in the sauna every other day and some Bolouke, and I have been living a herx for about a month. I am only now beginning to see the light.

My symptoms that came out full force-- migrating joint pain, a headache like there was no tomorrow, neck stiffness, back sensitivity and basically feeling like I was run over by a truck. So, yes, I think Dr. B is again... right on the money.

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement