My dad has a severe allergy to poultry and what you're describing is exactly what happens when he eats anything containing it or even something cooked on the same surface as poultry. You could die from your air supply being cut off from swelling. He has to have an epi-pen on him at all times just in case. I personally wouldn't risk taking it again, but you can always ask your doctor.
Posts: 107 | From Hesperia, CA | Registered: Feb 2011
| IP: Logged |
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556
Parasites can cause an allergic response especially if they are attacked with antiparasitics.
I open my capsules and put them in some applesauce and take a little at a time with meals. That way I can control the dose and see how I react.
if you decide to try the Humaworm again, you might consider doing it this way and starting with a low dose.
You can also take a benedryl beforehand or incorporate some vitamin C in your regime which is an antihistamine.
The parasites are hibernating in the small intestine and can cause spasms as a dieoff reaction which can cause spasms throughout the G.I. tract and the throat.
An epi penn on hand is also a good idea. Dr. K. gave one to a friend of mine when he prescribed alinia. Of course check with a medical professional.
-------------------- PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS* Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008
| IP: Logged |