LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Babesia - Fungi - Parasites (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Babesia - Fungi - Parasites
gwb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read on curezone that Albenza should be taken with fats otherwise it will not work as effectively. Couple other places said the same thing. The doctor said nothing about that to me. Do either of you, Nana and Garden, eat fats with it or any special instructions to follow when taking it?

My biggest concern is my kidney which this med warns about. I'm still researching and trying to decide what to do.

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you sharing your experiences with this med.

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do take with fat. The instructions from the pharmacy mention it, if you read allllll the fine print.

I add extra fat to my meal or take a spoonful of flaxseed oil.

--------------------
Garden

"Fibromylagia" for 8+ years
Pos IgeneX WB per both Igenex and CDC
Pos Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID
Started tx for Lyme in March 2011

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neither my doctor nor the pharmacist said anything about it. I found out from curezone and doing a google search. I'm still reading the instructions that came with the meds but I need a magnifying glass as the print is so small. You'd think someone would mention this if it is important information.

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, right? Also, do not drink grapefruit juice while on Albenza. Why do they not tell us these things?

--------------------
Garden

"Fibromylagia" for 8+ years
Pos IgeneX WB per both Igenex and CDC
Pos Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID
Started tx for Lyme in March 2011

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary, my doctor told me to take it with a LOT of fat - stressed lot.

I eat an entire avocado with each pill.

Curezone will tell you it has to be chewed. My doc said no.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary,

I have taken albendazole for one month at a time twice, between Parastroy. Parasites are still not gone.

When I switched back to Parastroy from albendazole, parasites came pouring out of me.

I have been battling parasites with Parastroy and albendazole for 9 months now.

Wish I could get Dr. K's recommended drugs.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Nano see, this is where it all gets confusing. Several people say the meds should be crushed and mixed in food and taken with 40 grams of fat. Your doctor says not to crush it. Who to believe???

My doctor said nothing about how to take it. The pharmacist said nothing about it. I read ALL of the instructions with the meds and not one word in there about taking it with fats.

jennie, I was "lucky" to get Albendazole from this doctor. He is a missionary doctor who treats people every year in Africa with this med and he swears by it. He looked at the K protocol that I copied here, the one GIGI posted, and said that's way too much and too hard on the liver, too many toxins, even if it's spread out like he outlines. He wasn't going to give me anything else, just the Albendazole.

I doubt any doctor (other than K) will give anyone all those meds. Curezone has a list of websites where you can buy some of them online, others you have to buy at a feed store and try to figure out how to cut the doses down since most of the meds are for horses or big animals.

This is too confusing for me. I'm tempted to do the two weeks of Albendazole and see how it goes. Not the least bit excited about it. Some guy, who everyone claims to be a parasite expert on curezone, said all herbs do is kill a few parasites but most of them are scattered about throughout the body. He's a believer in herbs and all that, but feels the meds must be taken to do the job.

He says that Albendazole and Ivermectin need to be taken together as they work synergistically and are far more effective when taken together.

So, confusion abounds. Right now I'm leaning towards doing the meds then go and do a couple of colonics. The doctor suggested I do that and I planned on doing it anyway. Then wait and see what happens. I'll probably do like you are doing and take Parastroy after the two weeks of meds and colonics.

Thanks everyone for your input. If only life could be a bit more simple. I like simple, but simple doesn't like me. I suppose many of us feel the same way. One way or the other, we're gonna beat this bleeping disease! ; )

Gary

*** Removed practioners name *** Lou B

[ 06-14-2011, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Lou B ]

jbaer
Member # 31938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbaer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To further complicate things, are we not supposed to have any fats becuase of the Biofilm?? I am on malarone, and abt to start Dr. K protocol. All the meds are supposed to be taken with fat, and I'm supposed to be on a non-fat diet?

Every dr sais something different. Auuuugggg!!

Posts: 80 | From scottsdale | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read the stuff on Curezone about the drugs. Some people say you have to take the drugs for months - even over a year. From what I read, many of the drugs are (or can be) toxic.

I know Gael did well without the drugs. I am doing so much better & I didn't take the drugs. I don't really know how these people who post can know for sure that the herbs make the parasites scatter throughout the body. Eventually, they will die.

First of all, not everyone has the same type of parasites.

Second of all, wouldn't the drugs do the same thing (ie: make the parasites scatter throughout the body)?

I think the advantage of herbs over drugs is that they are less toxic. If you have to take them for a long time, it seems that the herbs are safer since they are less toxic.

Just from experience, I think whichever way you go - you have to do it for a long time. With Parastroy - you can take it for 6 months & take a month off & do it again.

I don't think there's alot of data about drugs in regards to long term use, effectivness, & toxicity for humans. They have mostly been used on animals.

It is a difficult decision. Gary, in your case, you can try the drugs for a couple of weeks & see how it goes. You can always go back to the herbs later.

There are alot of options with herbs. There are different brands, different herbs - you can try salt/c or diatomaceous earth, boron, etc. It seems like you do have to stick with it for at least a year or more whichever way you go.

Rain-tree herbs (rain-tree.com) has this product which may be a good alternative to the traditional Western approach if you want to switch it up -

AMAZON A-P 120 capsules / 650 mg $31.95
A combination of rainforest plants which are traditionally used in South America for parasites.* Suggested use: 2 - 3 capsules twice daily with meals. Ingredients: a proprietary blend of amargo, simarouba, boldo, fedegoso, carqueja, quinine, erva tosto, epazote, anamu, and graviola.

I've heard good things about it. I haven't tried it, yet. There are options...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also - I herxed alot from the Nutramedix Enula, Cumanda, & Quina... when I was doing the Cowden protocol. I know why now. These are all anti-parasite herbs. I thought it was from the Lyme as to why I herxed... in retrospect - it was parasites.

For me - I think I may have had the hidden lungworm & maybe others. You won't necessarily see that in the toilet. It takes practice spotting parasite looking things in your bowel movements - sorry to be so graphic. I think, you do really have to look, though.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The die-off can be quite bad. Like unexpected diarrhea when you are in Walmart & they are cleaning the bathroom... Severe aches & pains. Bizarre stuff coming out in the toilet. Sensation of sandpaper in your colon - literally bug up your butt... pimples, insomnia, anxiety, etc." (sparkle)

Sparkle, I feel this way now w/o any anti-parasitic drugs.

The only thing I've been on is A-Bab. I have acne on my chest and face and back. Seems like I need to shower at least twice a day if not 3 just to feel CLEAN. creepy crawly sensations and sores in that area. my eyes are dry itchy and patchy, i have insomnia, anxiety, and i am SO irritable! I just don't even want to be around people for very long.

so if this is gentle..i dont know. I was on albendazole and mebendazole for trichinella, I didn't experience any discomfort (dragged out agonizing discomfort) when on pharma.

My doc did agree to give me this entire list of meds. but she highly advised against it.

I told her I would try humaworm for 6 more weeks and then we can consider it at that time.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PS. I am taking a break from A-Bab today and starting on Systemic Formula's VRM3 http://www.systemicformulas.com/493-vrm3-micro

I'm also adding WO http://www.systemicformulas.com/260-wo-china-healing-oil

The WO helps the herbs to cross the blood brain barrier.

I'm going to try to confuse the buggers by doing this for 10 days or so and then go back to A-Bab for a week and then I should have Humaworm in the mail by then.

We'll see what happens, I try to keep my blog updated but it gets hard to find the time (energy) to write.

--------------------

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Sorry you are so ill, FYRE...

Humaworm didn't seem strong enough to me. I thought the Parastroy was better & cheaper...

FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

hmm. I've tried Parastroy for a while. didn't seem to do much. maybe i just never took it long enough.

is it good to rotate types of treatments for parasites

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

re - VRM3

Black Walnut Leaves; Carrapichinho; Erva Tostao; Aniz Estrelado; Bromelain Enzyme; Wormseed Oil; Yerba Santa.

---

I think you need the green, black walnut hulls - not the leaves + wormwood & cloves. I think the Systemic Formulas are a bit overrated - no offense to you or others...

Also - someone here had an adverse reaction to the Humaworm - so we all are different.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

How long did you try it?
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

30 days or a little longer.
I think VRM3 is mostly for more microscopic organisms, hence the different ingredients.

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may try the Pekana product Helminth. Pharmaceuticals and I do not go well together and usually herbs are hard on my tummy. I have done well with other Pekana products and this one is supposed to hit roundworms and tapeworms, so it is worth a try. So far I don't energetically test well for any anti-parasite drugs--prescription or herbs, so maybe I don't need them.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 7060 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

FYRE- yes, could be a good thing to try something else... We all need our own unique way to go about things.

Sometimes, it takes longer for people tp start purging parasites or you may not have the correct formula. Seems like it's "something" you are dealing with.

I don't mean to scare you but there are links between Morgellons & Lyme. It really does take time with the anti=parasite protocols. I've been doing this for a year or 2.

I'm finally starting to feel better!

Not everyone needs the heavy drug protocol. I'd take it slow at first. Parasite herxes are really bad!!!

gwb
Member # 7273

Fyre, when I showed my doctor the list that GIGI posted he was pretty shocked that someone would Rx all those toxic meds to his patients. He made it clear that I wasn't going to get anything more than Albendazole from him, at least not now.

However, he said if my parasite test from Metametrix (the lab I chose) comes back negative, then he'll consider adding Ivermectin, but he'd do it very reluctantly. He doesn't think it's a good drug, nor does he think it's necessary based on his own experience in treating parasites.

He claims to have had great success treating parasites every year when he goes on his missionary trips to Africa. He admitted my parasites were different than what he's seen in Africa. I'm not sure he ever saw parasites that looked like mine. He asked me if I ever went to another country. I actually did go to Mexico over ten years ago, but I told him it was most likely Lyme related.

He's familiar with Lyme disease and has patients who have lyme but he doesn't treat them for it. He understands what they go through and he doesn't brush them off as if it's all in their head. He's a pretty opened minded doctor for a MD/ND in our town. I'd go back to him just because he's open minded enough to let me share ideas with him and talk about lyme disease without rolling his eyes.

I asked him to refer me to a good GI doctor. He said it would be a total waste of time to see a GI doctor because they're not open minded enough to believe people in the US have parasites. I like his attitude. He is pro coffee enema and wants me to do colonics after I take the meds.

I think I finally found me a half way decent MD/ND here in OK. I look forward to getting the test kit from Metametrix and getting the test results back.

hiker, thanks for the pm and for sharing with me that information. I appreciate it and plan to respond to you soon.

Gary

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It took me 6 mos of strong herbs (16 caps a day,not suggesting anyone do that much) and then started salt/c and parasites started pouring out of me like pictured on Lymephotos.

FYRE,

It takes persistence with the herbs to get rid of these parasites One month is not nearly enough. I agree with sparkle as far as Parastroy being much stronger than Humaworm.

Adding salt/c could be a powerful adjunct as well.

P. S.

I really feel "Morgellons" is really the Filarial Worm co-infection. Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Gael, I noticed today as I was drinking my salt/c that I would get a pressure inside the left side of my head. It only happened when I would drink the salt/c.

It lasted just for a few minutes then went away. Then again after I took another sip of the salt/c water the head pressure returned. No pain, just pressure.

I'm only using 1/8 tsp of himalayan salt and 1/8 tsp of c. Do you know what might cause this? Have you heard of anyone else experience this with salt/c?

Gary

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by gwb:
Fyre, when I showed my doctor the list that GIGI posted he was pretty shocked that someone would Rx all those toxic meds to his patients.

This is exactly why it's so dangerous to post doctor's protocols ....

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary, No, I haven't heard anyone talk about that particular symptom when drinking the salt/c. I did however experience a swelling which eventually turned into a bump(s) all over my scalp.

That occured with the herbs and then the salt/c. If you have any parasites in the head area, they will start running from the salt and cause different sensations.

It can happen at low doses. The salt is VERY antiparasitic and also acts against borrelia, and other co-infections.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

six, just so you know, he doesn't know who gave me the list, no names of doctors or lymenet users were mentioned. He had no interest in who's protocol it was and I had no intentions of telling him.

Gary

sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: I really feel "Morgellons" is really the Filarial Worm co-infection. Gael

Yes, there seems to be a worm component but it seems like more than that. Tests for Lyme are often positive with Morgellon's patients. Sort of odd. I don't have it so I can't really say. It must be dreadful. I heard that Joni Mitchell has Morgellon's...

http://www.toxicworm.com/

http://www.morgellons.org/faq-home.htm

glm1111
Member # 16556

sparkle,

The red and blue fibers Dr. Harvey talks about are the same ones pictured on www.lymephotos.com

He hypothesizes that the red fibers are male and the blue ones are female, however there are green and black ones also. I know first hand because they came out of me.

Dr. Harvey describes the red ones as male and the blue as female, but that doesn't explain the green and black ones.

I never in a million yrs would have suspected I had this after pretty much had most symptoms that a lot of Lyme sufferers describe.

It was because of the aggressive herbs and the high dose salt/c that I have done, that I was able to force them to evacuate.

I highly suspect that a lot of chronic Lyme patients that are having a hard time getting well have this. Not sure if Filarial worms are described having colored bodys, but the owner of lymephotos describes them as Filarial nematodes.

Not sure if the Filarial worms Burgdorfer found were ever described as having color.

Stephen King couldn't even write this nightmare.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as herbals, can anyone recommend anything that worked for them as well as Parastroy?

I feel like I should definitely switch things up since I have taken it for so long.

Does anyone think pulsing 3 weeks on, 1 week off would keep parasites from becoming resistant to herbs?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

jennie,

Google parasite herbs and you will come up with a lot of different options,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Some may think this is a bit out there but it seems possible to me -

http://www.morgellonsexposed.com/index.htm

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Some home remedies that people may want to try -

http://www.morgellonsexposed.com/MorgellonsGwenScott.htm

You may not have full blown Morgellons but these ideas may help people with an open mind. I believe there are links between Morgellons & Lyme.

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post 
Please note that I now removed the total protocol in my original post of this thread. It had been been altered in a way by moderator(s) that completely negated the purpose of its use as a combination protocol. Size, location, type of parasites and timing were all considered in this single protocol. It was developed by more than one capable lyme literate and parasite literate medical doctor dealing successfully with the problem.

Over 11 years I have been sharing info here, I have read thousands of protocols on this board used by lyme literate medical professionals, and not a single one was ever altered or disallowed without the consent of the originator even though many are clearly inferior or simply just don't work longterm or shortterm, whether dangerous or not.

For months and years, my posts are being removed, altered, tinkered with, destroyed in context, or moved to another section even though clearly addressing a medical problem connected with a chronic disease. Why? It has been my intent for years to post relevant information and I don't want to waste my time on coffee enemas (never had one) and yeastfree diets (that are useless if you are metal toxic) , because these clearly do not address the meat of the many problems we face.

Take care and get well.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:

Over 11 years I have been sharing info here, I have read thousands of protocols on this board used by lyme literate medical professionals, and not a single one was ever altered or disallowed without the consent of the originator even though many are clearly inferior or simply just don't work longterm or shortterm, whether dangerous or not.

Not true. Full protocols have not been allowed for quite some time now. They regularly get reported because members are aware of this, and they get edited. The "consent of the originator" is not sought.

Here is the note regarding this that is stickied at the top of medical questions. Please note that Lou rewrote it the other day, but the first version of it had been up and enforced for months. ALL members have to follow the terms of use, you have not been singled out. http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/108368

Members please note, several posts were removed because they were discussing whether this is a good rule instead of the topic.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I removed several more posts every one of them having to do with the rules, not the thread topic. I already have explained to you why the posts were removed and will not do it again.

I am closing this thread since it is not getting back on topic. I have copied all of the removed posts and forwarded them to Lou b.

My PM's are enabled. There is no reason to be compaining to me on the public board except to stir things up, which is obviously what the four of you are trying to do. I know you will look here. Consider this a warning. The board owners don't expect me to put up with this blatant, public disrespect especially when it's their rules I'm enforcing. Think about it. It has never in history helped anything to kill the messenger.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement