LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Solution to Head Pressure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Solution to Head Pressure
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had a cervical MRI done this evening. I went there and had unbearable squeezing in my head and other neuro symptoms. They sedated me using intramuscular versad and morpheine. Now 1 hr later, the pressure left. lol.

My muscles finally feel less tight. Versad always helps.

What do I make out of this? Maybe I should become a drug junkie so I can live again. [Smile]

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad you found some relief,
Being a drug junkie is alittle differant to being able to manage them in away to help recovery, Lorcet 10/650 is tuff on my liver
yet, i don't know how i could make it through this without it... lorzapam has help calm me too
those are my top favorites..
did, your MRI show anything ?
you probably don't have the results yet.
REST WELL, healing prayers sent for you,
wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No results as I had it done today. I'm happy to hear you found a drug combo that helps you live better. We do what we need to so we can survive I guess. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seek,

The morphine probably helped as well. It has some brain anti-inflammatory properties. Hubby got a small dose of this recently when he had one of his high fevers. It seemed helpful this time, but I was very nervous about using that med -- he had a bad reaction to a small dose of morphine back in 2003 before he had any tickborne treatment.

This time he had mild encephalopathy and was somewhat confused -- just thought they were giving him IV ativan which used to be the old standby med of most ER's.

I can't remember if you ever tried lumbrokinase or not? Other than IV Rocephin and IV Zithromax and various babesia meds that is one of the few things that helps hubby's head symptoms. For him walking also is helpful even when it physically wears him out.

What has improved this symptom in the past for you -- even briefly? I seem to remember you had some good or at least better days on various babesia meds? If so, then I honestly think that is the primary factor you need to focus on.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahodge01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahodge01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My head pressure comes from all the tension in my face... It helps when I up my magnesium would be worth giving a try if you don't already take magnesium.
Posts: 286 | From St. Louis | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahodge01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahodge01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My head pressure comes from all the tension in my face... It helps when I up my magnesium would be worth giving a try if you don't already take magnesium.
Posts: 286 | From St. Louis | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium is a true God send...
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to and still do slightly,,,get nauseous lightheaded sick and gastro distressed when around ANY large electric motor,,or vehicle with a alternator.

Legs would jump and huge distress.

Found goofiest thing. IF chewing gum or sun flower seeds it went away and didnt come back,,,till I quit chewing...

Try chewing,,such a simple thing,,,who knew!!! Try Magn. too.With and wo calcium.

Try anything,,,you will find something that helps.

more or less just a support of keep looking!!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement