LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Liver flukes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liver flukes
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks to the people here who have been posting about parasites.
I think I may have liver flukes.

Chinese liver fluke, Clonorchis sinensis,
a parasitic worm 10 to 25 mm long that lives in the bile ducts of the liver in humans and other mammals.
Clonorchiasis is a common disease in China, Vietnam, Korea, and Japan and is acquired by eating freshwater fish containing the fluke larvae.

-

Trematode are leaf-shaped flatworms also known as flukes.
Fasciola hepatica is leaf shaped and measures approximately 1 x 3 cm.

Life cycle
Humans are infected by the consumption of improperly cooked watercress that harbors encysted larva.

Diagnosis
Diagnosis is based on symptoms and history.
The eggs of F. hepatica in the stool are indistinguishable from those of F. buski.

Treatment
Treat F. buski with praziquantel.
Treat F. hepatica with Triclabendazole.

Several times in the past, I have passed something that resembled a leaf....looked like the last inch or so of that fluke picture.

I ate some watercress once as a child, when my parents got some from a friend's pond.
I did not like it, as I crunched on little snails when I ate it, blech.
Now I find out that snails are a host for flukes.

Some fish carry fluke eggs too, and I've eaten fresh caught fish when I was camping as a child and teen.

The flukes live in the duct of the gall bladder.
I've had occasional symptoms over the years.

I'm wondering what the opinions are of the parasite experts here.
Could I try treating with medication and see if I pass flukes?
Has anyone here done this?
I'm not sure of which kind I have, but I can get the meds from pet shops if my doc doesn't believe me.
I don't know if the black walnut mixtures would affect liver flukes at all.

I also wonder about roundworms and tapeworms.

Thoughts?

Praziquantel (Brands: Biltricide) is used to treat blood flukes, lung flukes, liver flukes and intestinal flukes, and the majority of tapeworms.
It is the drug of choice for treating clonorchiasis.
This drug increases cell membrane permeability in susceptible worms, resulting in loss of their intracellular calcium, massive contractions, and paralysis of the worm's musculature.
This is followed by attachment of phagocytes to the parasite and its subsequent death.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In many circles (Hulda clarke) F Buski is considered the root of all cancer.

Some say if you don't have F Buski... you can't get cancer.

*shrugs*

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to hear user feedback from Biltricide users.

It's something I'm keeping in my back pocket for tapeworms/flukes

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Carol,
Good find on parasites...
Hope you find recovery as your life unfolds.
wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carol,

I had much success with antiparasitic herbs and salt/c. Sixgoofykids reported she passed a tapeworm while on Humaworm.

I would be more inclined to try the herbs first because the pharma meds can be hard on the liver. Parastroy is stronger than Humaworm, so you might want to start with that if you choose herbs.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol, just a thought, as my daughter has been doing bile duct flushes, she often passes seaweed leaf looking things. sometimes as bigger than a 50 cent piece. We've been told they are liver bile. Maybe this is what you saw?

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've passed flukes on Hulda Clark's protocol: Black Walnut, Artemisia absinthe and Clove.

I've also passed flukes on Nutramedix Enula.

I think they are common. They look either like leaves or curled up tomato skins.

17 - I still think those are fluke gonads!!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoxerMom:
17 - I still think those are fluke gonads!!

BoxerMom, you know I hold your opinions in high esteem...but I can't even imagine the reaction I'd get from my daughter if I said those words to her! [bonk]

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 17hens:

...she often passes seaweed leaf looking things.

Yes, someone had posted about this in the past, and when I looked at the pictures I realized that's what I had too.

When I began looking up information about flukes, I found a connection with watercress and fresh fish.
So now I'm trying to figure out what I should do about it.

Canefan, thank you for bringing up the post, Topic: Did anyone use "Biltricide"?
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/105369
After reading about TerryK's reactions to it, I don't know if I want to try it now. [Frown]

Gael has suggested Parastroy may be better for me to use than Humaworm, as it's stronger.

Boxermom has passed flukes using
Hulda Clark's protocol: Black Walnut, Artemisia absinthe and Clove.
...and Nutramedix Enula.

Gigi wrote in the past that Dr. K. advocates using pharmaceuticals to eradicate the pests, rather than herbs.

I don't have a RIFE machine or use a biotensor, but I'm hoping to get pointed in the right direction for flukes by people with experience.
Like, do I need to do stuff beforehand? Afterwards?

I'm alarmed by the accounts of die off reaction, as I'm a total wimp.
I already have enough problems with brain fog, memory problems, fatigue, headaches, and pain.
I've been able to reduce much of the pain and headaches with supplements and meds, and I don't relish the thought of getting sicker again.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol,

You can always start at a lower dose of herbs than suggested, so it would be easier on you and you can see how you react.

I have used ALL of the herbal cleanses mentioned above. Perhaps you might want to start with Humaworm and see how that goes.

Try not to be alarmed from the dieoff because it will be very beneficial in the long run.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took Biltricide. I found it to be the most benign drug I have ever taken, for what its worth

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
I took Biltricide.

Amanda,
What symptoms did your doctor prescribe it for?
And did the med take care of the problem?

Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I didn't really have gut symptoms of bowel problems. But I can't seem to get better on abx, so my LLMD put me on herbals, and more recently Dr K's protocol to see if that would help my immune system better.

And after almost 5 months of herbals and just finishing hard-core meds (including bicltrice, amoung other things)
I do not feel any better, and my bloodwork didn't get better. So I don't think this is what is holding me back.

But that doesn't mean its not the case for you. It sounds like you have got something weird in your digestive track. I'd talk to your LLMD about that. If you can see them, then it might even show up on a stool test....

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes the five different types of pharmaceuticals to eradicate the different parasites that most people carry around.

Biltricide a couple of days which may have to be repeated later again to take out the liver flukes. Then Ivermectin, pyrantel pamoate, albendazole, and then alinia is what most people need to be successful, and in that order.

That is the protocol that has proven to be successful leaving a lot less residue than many months of herbals do. The latter is the main reason Dr. K. and Dr. S.Y. choose this protocol.
It works and in a relatively short time. The detailed protocol can be found on the internet. I had posted it earlier and if you check closely you may even find it on Lymenet because mine got nixed while others who posted the protocol were left standing.

As a rule, one or two of the same type antiparasiticals will not be satisfactory. Different types, sizes, etc. require different meds and it takes these five different ones to do the job.

If parasites get all the food they need, many people have no obvious symptoms.

Remember alive parasites live in the small intestine while the dead ones live in the large intestine and colon. They prefer the real food as opposed to the leftovers in the large intestine and colon. That also is the reason for different meds.

Parasites and larvae also live in the brain and albendazole and alinia cross the blood brain barrier - one more reason for different meds.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am having problems with search here, which is very frustrating.

can anyone please link to the protocol gigi is referring to above?

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i found this:

klinghardt 2010

which is an excellent read, however doesn't go into all of the medicines you have listed, gigi.
is there a better article?

this is interesting: gigi quote "That is the protocol that has proven to be successful leaving a lot less residue than many months of herbals do. The latter is the main reason Dr. K. and Dr. S.Y. choose this protocol."

i find there is a large amount of toxic die off to be endured with herbal parasite treatments, and the toxins/metal/infection content of these worms creates a never-ending churning of poisons in your system.. requiring binders for as long as you are on them, and even then, too toxic.

in this case, the faster you can release them the better. with serious mopping as well.

i only once took a sript for worms, i think it was ivermectin? but a large load was released, overnight. on the herbals its months of not knowing where you are getting with these things.

this is one case where herbal is not necessarily better, imo.

mo

[ 08-17-2011, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Mo ]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Bringing this back up, for Clint31.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=126229;p=0#000003

I never did do anything about treating for flukes, as I wasn't having symptoms, and I'm such a procrastinator.

desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took Billtricide and it was by far the worst drug I have ever taken! Not sure if it was a side effect/drug reaction or a massive die off but I got severe vertigo and vomiting.

I think my dose may have been a bit too aggressive though.

I took it as part of a multi-drug protocol so it is hard to say if which drug helped but I felt amazing after the treatment ended.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GIGI posted this site on January 19,2013.

Parasite
HOW TO DETECT AND TREAT A PARASITIC INFECTION

Thanks GIGI, very good information!

http://www.andreaskalcker.com/index.php/en/health/parasite

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget sushi.

And if you buy your fish, fresh or frozen, from the supermarket-read the packages. Most fish in my supermarkets are farmed in Vietnam, Cambodia, China. It may say "Wild Salmon" etc. But if you read the fineprint or phone the store it is farmed fish from those countries.

So there's a good chance all of us have these flukes.

I know I do.

"Twig-like", "Tomato peels", "Blueberry skins", "Leafs" are frequently terms people use to describe flukes.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol-
do you have any symptoms that lead you to believe you have flukes? I've thought this could be a problem for me as well. Been off and on antiparasitic herbs but still symptoms. I do have liver pain and pass things that look like tomato peels, twigs and leafs but don't know if its just undigested food. Could blood flukes cause issues like Babesia?

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Jamers, several times in the past, I have passed something that resembled a leaf....looked like the last inch or so of that fluke picture.

That happened with a loose stool, and I never realized that it might be part of a liver fluke until I saw pictures.

Babesia is caused by a tiny protozoan parasite that enters individual blood cells.
Liver flukes are about an inch long.

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does DE taste like? How do you eat it?
How do you take castor oil without gagging and vomitting?
Is leaf of senn senna?

I know i need to do this but it seems so complicated to me

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tomatoe skins?? omg!!! I've passed what looks like tiny rolled up pieces of, you got it, reddish tomatoe skins. they are transparent looking.

is this what you're talking about?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

lpkayak, diatomacous earth is powdered, so I guess you could mix it in with applesauce or yogurt.
When I gave it to the cats, I mixed it in with wet food.

Randibear, when I passed stuff, it was leaf shaped like the last inch of the fluke picture, but colored green from bile.
That would have been a broken off piece of fluke.

I'm not certain, but I think a liver fluke may look similar to a slug.
The thought turns my stomach, ugh.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement