LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » want your amalgams out now???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: want your amalgams out now???
jedidano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jedidano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all:

I just completed having all of my amalgam fillings removed, and it is BY FAR one of the best decisions that I have made!!! And here is some good news for those folks who are concerned about the costs involved--

There is a company called CareCredit, which offers interest-free credit lines to dental patients (in addition to eye patients, ear patients, etc.) for up to an entire year!!! So I will have a whole year to pay this bill off, but I was able to have all the amalgams removed NOW!. :-))

NOTE: I do not work for CareCredit, nor do I have any interest in their financial performance; in other words, no conflict of interest.

Posts: 116 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ill be going to get my last one out in January. Can I ask what it has done for you? How have you detoxed the toxins created by the Amalgams?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Mom has care credit and loves it

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went into remission for 12 years when I had mine out in 1991. I didn't get sick again until I got bitten again (9 years ago). It was a great decision for me as well.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm slightly confused by this. Is this specifically mercury infused fillings?
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jedidano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jedidano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeboy-

I'm in the process of beginning a "detoxifying" strategy. Whereas my symptoms have been primarily neurological, I have started Welchol. I am trying to find a naturopathic physician to assist in this process.

As far the specific improvement go, I *immediately* (as in while I was still in the dentist's chair) could feel humongous weights lifted off of me. My dentist (I saw a biological dentist) told me that amalgams, in addition to being partly made of mercury, also contain several metals that are found in things like car batteries!! (nickel, for example). He shared with me how these metals act on the central nervous system, essentially "revving it up" without end. So, when I had the metal taken out of my mouth, it was literally like taking the batteries out of me.

Pretty amazing stuff. I knew about the long-term benefits of having the amalgams removed (for detoxification purposes), but the immediate results were *so* unexpected, and *so* welcomed!!!

In fact, my dentist seemed amazed at the immediate amount of relief. However, given that I have chronic neuro lyme, babesia, and bartonella, we talked about how I have many "loads" that I am carrying, and I literally and figuratively removed a bunch of them in his office.

I don't know if these results are going to be so dramatic for everyone (I'm sure no), but there were in my case. :-)) (after I had the first ones removed, I couldn't stand or keep my eyes open for an entire hour!!! I had to sit in the dentist's waiting area, and then walk around the block a bit, before I felt ready to drive again!).

Just amazing stuff....

Good luck with it! I hope that you enjoy similar benefits....

Posts: 116 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me too, it was one of the best things I did. But I'm still cleaning the mess amalgams left in my mouth, as they had been there for decades.
Posts: 6196 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep us posted on your detoxing. I had mine removed about 10 yrs ago and know I need more detoxing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 94894 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations jedidano! I know it's a

comforting feeling knowing there are no more

amalgams there [Smile]

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robbiem
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know of a qualified dentist in the RI area who has skill in knowing how to properly do this?

I have a zillion fillings and dread the thought, however, would do so if I knew of a reputable dentist who knows what he is actually doing in handling the removal the correct way as I have heard there is an actual right way vs wrong way which most dentists aren't trained in knowing how to do...

Tx

Posts: 192 | From New England | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the best go to resource for amalgam removal in other words, an official site that recommends licensed practitioners? Is there such a thing... thank you...
Posts: 857 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.IAOMT.com show a listing.

Also go to www.hugnet.com (Dr. Hal Huggins, who no longer practice here. He has trained many and may know of someone in your State.

Learn all you can about mercury etc. and hope you can find someone guide you through all of it.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am concerned about how many toxins removing amalgams puts in the body (I already have a ton of heavy metal in my body). Jedidano couldn't open his eyes or walk for an hour after getting his removed (positive/negative?).

I can't seem to find anyone who has gotten re-tested (push test, doctors data) to determine if their toxic load increased after amalgam removal. This is troubling to me, as this information seems vital to determine if removing them is actually a good thing to do.

I know some people on this website have gotten better without removing them. I guess it's a coin toss at this point.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

There is no conclusive test for toxic metals in the body. Some bodies are unable to release the metals - for different reasons; some let it go more easily.

The amalgam filling, shortly after installation, will release the toxic mercury vapor for years and years - taking the shortest route to the Central Nervous System/Brain. When it settles in other body compartments, vapor changes into a different mercury metal form which is even harder to get rid off. So that is not a good solution either. We even pass it on, by vapor, to the people close to us. Not a solution.

Mercury toxicity is never a coin toss, because it eventually kills. There are thousands of published papers that have proven the point.

Parasite treatment is important because they hold onto the metals also. Treating parasites needs to be followed by a strong effort to detox the metals that are being released.

Amalgam fillings often lead to root canals where bacterial infections flourish.

Have you seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA

Becoming symptom-free with amalgams in the mouth is pretty difficult, if possible at all.

I wish it weren't so.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffinca11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWTCEIPdfY
Posts: 165 | From lymeland | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robbiem
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks much, GiGi!
Posts: 192 | From New England | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/stories/powerpoints/mercury%20presentation.pdf?chakra_shop=0a778521117a075053c7d0db88942182
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know a going rate for removal? I found a dentist in my area and I just want a ball park. Thank you!
Posts: 857 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by willbeatthis:
Does anybody know a going rate for removal? I found a dentist in my area and I just want a ball park. Thank you!

If your fillings are old, dental insurance will cover part of it.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pigwit and i went to a great dentist in montreal...he was cheap and excellent and accomodating...there was a b and b close

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks all... this is a help...
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had them removed several years ago, while I believe I had lyme but before it had gone wild, so to speak. I did not notice anything dramatic, and I think jedidano's dentist's reaction is also a clue for other to not get hopes up and expect it to provide wonderful and immediate results like it was in that instance.

I do believe having them removed for anyone is a great idea, look, mercury in the mouth constantly giving off vapors is not going to be a good thing. And if you have lyme, all the more reason, as these problems go together. Just please be careful, have it done by a dentist who really knows what he's doing, and have reasonable expectations regarding results.

Unfortunately, I do also think testing for precise toxic loads is just not possible, as GiGi said, so difficult to measure results (unless in terms of symptom changes, for those who get that dramatic of an impact).

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement