LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The flu....need suggestions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The flu....need suggestions
momintexas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure I've got the flu. Freezing, achy, burning eyes, congestion, sore throat, fever 102.2 - Came on quick.

I'm trying to take as little as possible - I'm going to ride out the fever as long as I can in hopes to kill more bugs.

Most OTC meds make me antsy - heart race - is there anything "natural" I can take?

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elainer97
Member # 33917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elainer97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oscillococcinum is a homeopathic remedy that should help with the symptoms. Walmart usually has it. I keep it on hand just in case because the sooner u start it the lighter the misery.

Sorry ur sick- hope u feel better soon!

Posts: 77 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
elderberry syrup is good for immune. We take oregano oil with garlic and onion in capsule form at the first sign of illness.

The best stuff I've bought this year has been an oregano oil nasal spray. It has several other indregients in it. It burns like crazy, but it stopped a sinus infection in it's tracks!

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detox! Hot bath soaks, drink plenty of water, no heavy or large meals, rest, rest and more rest...

A few drops of Eucalyptus oil in a pan of water on the stove, boil the water to vaporize the eucalyptus oil. Inhale these vapors and it can help open the sinuses and help kill the virus.

Vitamin C in large doses.

Elderberry, L-Lysine, Melissa, Lemon (hot lemon water, lemon essential oil), Olive Leaf Extract all have good anti-viral properties.

Oscillococcinum is also a good suggestion. No need to take the whole vial, just take a cap-full as often as every 2 hours. Keep using it until your symptoms are gone to prevent relaps.

I hope you feel better soon...take care,

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vitamin C and the homeopathic suggested above. Turmeric is also good for inflammation.

Some of us do badly with elderberry. It's great for building the immune system, but once you've got the flu, if you're like me and have an over-active immune response already, it will aggravate it even more. Some swear by it, including Lymies, but it made me VERY, VERY ill, so be careful.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MOMINTX... Hope you are feeling better today!!!

kidsgotlyme... thanks for saying the oregano spray burns. I will avoid that one. The health food store owner was pushing that one yesterday and I decided not to get it. My mucous membranes are very sensitive.. esp the nose!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95439 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions and well wishes!

Fever is breaking this morning - sweating profusely.
Pulse is 110 - and I'm not sure why.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo...Did you ever see the movie Dennis the Menace? Dennis puts mouthwash in Mr. Wilson's nasal spray bottle.

That's pretty much the same reaction I had the first time I sprayed that stuff up my nose. It was really quite funny.

I use it just about every day now though.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIT....Your heart rate WILL go up when you are ill .. esp if you have fever.

no, never saw the movie.. only the original TV shows!!! You're too young to have seen those!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95439 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am feeling ill, have been for a few days. Razzle can you recommend a dosage for olive leaf extract? I have taken 500 mg today
Posts: 1533 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel better soon. My prayers are with you.

Hugs,
CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stephen Buhner and others mentioned Lomatium Herb for the flu....herbpharm makes a tincture. I believe it's 1/2 dropper in water a couple time a day till symptoms are gone.

Also, ginger root tea with lemon and honey is antiviral....

Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is my 6th day of feeling bad and it just seems to be getting worse. Should i stop antibiotics temporarily? Any other suggestions of things that will help me get over this?
Posts: 1533 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Gigi - do you have any fever with it?

If you have what we had, it takes about 12 days to get over it. I started 2 days before I made my first post here.

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad - tons of people in our area have it too.

I hope you feel better soon. Get lots of rest, lots of fluids, extra Vit C.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement