LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter




The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Have a Question need HELP

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have a Question need HELP
MrsScampi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsScampi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had an appt with LLMD last Thursdy and he said he wanted to change my meds I was on Rifampin,Zith,Prilosec,Xanax,Magnesium,Benedryl,aand Diflucan for the last 4 mths, anyways he wants to me on Avelox, he told me to stop the Zith and Rifampin for 5 days and start the Avelox. Well, when I went to the Pharmacy the Pharmicist pulled me to the side and told me that I could not take the Avelox and Diflucan it could be deadly, so I asked how long it would take for the Diflucan to get out of my system, I have been off and on Diflucan for years so she said she couldn't answer that. I dont want to have a heart attack, I haven't taken Diflucan in 2 days, and I haven't started the Avelox, Don't know what to do. I have Bart BAD!!! and my LLMD said because I couldn't get past 150mg in 4 months we should try something different, I did try levequin and cipro and was in so much pain I could bare it. Any suggestions or has anyone ever taken these two together? ANYONE
Posts: 200 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest if a pharmacist said not to take two drugs together because the combo could kill you, that you shouldn't do it.

If the pharmacist is wrong, oh well. If she is right, you sure don't want to be testing her by being a guinea pig and doing what she said not to do.

Having a hard time reading your post, but if you were suppose to wait 5 days after stopping zith before taking new med, and have only waited 2 days, you still have several days to go.

I suggest you contact your LLMD, as Carol suggested, and let them advise you while you are waiting.

Then double check what your doc said with another pharmacist to be safe.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20352 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breaking up this post so everyone can read it:


Had an appt with LLMD last Thursdy and he said he wanted to change my meds I was on Rifampin,Zith,Prilosec,Xanax,Magnesium,Benedryl,aand Diflucan for the last 4 mths,

anyways he wants to me on Avelox, he told me to stop the Zith and Rifampin for 5 days and start the Avelox.

Well, when I went to the Pharmacy the Pharmicist pulled me to the side and told me that I could not take the Avelox and Diflucan it could be deadly,

so I asked how long it would take for the Diflucan to get out of my system, I have been off and on Diflucan for years so she said she couldn't answer that.

I dont want to have a heart attack, I haven't taken Diflucan in 2 days, and I haven't started the Avelox, Don't know what to do.

I have Bart BAD!!! and my LLMD said because I couldn't get past 150mg in 4 months we should try something different, I did try levequin and cipro and was in so much pain I could bare it.

Any suggestions or has anyone ever taken these two together? ANYONE

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in general the pharmacist is supposed to know more about interactions than the doc...we hope our docs are up on everything...but it really is the pharmacist job to do this

our llmds learn things like give coq10 with statins etc...maybe its just not a common thing yetso they dont know about the problem

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Network and the LymeNet system of Web services, please send your donations to:

The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey
907 Pebble Creek Court, Pennington, NJ 08534 USA


| Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Contact Us

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to Terms and Conditions.