LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My child is sick...please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My child is sick...please help
savebabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the past few months, my two year old daughter has had a decrease in her WBC and neutrophillis. My pediatrician has recommend I see a hematologist to get her evaluated.

My concern is that this could be caused from a tick illness. I had her tested at birth and all her test came back normal and Dr. J said there was nothing to worry about, but, of course my mind runs wild.

If anyone has had a similar experience I would appreciate you sharing it with me.

Thank You

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was highly pozitive and in the mean time have had 2 times low WBC .The notes could be ehrlichia but in the second time that I have had WBC low I was after 2 years of DOXY and MINO and as well in IV in hospital but still my WBC was very low.So it did not make sense to have ehrlichia.But the second time I felt crawling sensation in the back of my neck and convinced me I was not out of Lyme war.
I know though that eusinophils are involved with babesia but neutrophils ??????

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What symptoms is she having?
Posts: 6943 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is not having any symptoms. Her pediatrician ran a yearly blood test, and he found this problem with her WBC. He has been monitoring it for a two months, and just the past three weeks her neurophilis count dropped significantly. I was thinking that if I passed something during birth, that it would have manifested itself earlier.
I am very worried that this may be a tick illness, but I am not ruling out other disorders as well.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest you to find somebody ND to do a muscle testing.
When I found I had lyme I tested my son and the ND found with muscle testing that my son has a parasite and artemisin was the one that my son needed.My llmd did not wanted to treat my son saying has a high Cd57 but I decided to go to Dr J in ct and tested .The test came out pozitive for babesia microti and he suffered the entire treatement for babesia for the 1 1/2 year and suffered again when we added artemisin in it.

My point is that you need to try to find out what is causing it asap do not wait and see.I am glad I never got one opinion but combined all the metods before he would have ended up like me.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement