LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Morgellons in the News

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Morgellons in the News
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All --

Here are a few links to Morgellons in the news--Jay--

CBS news

NBC news

other news

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I just saw this. Such a scam in that KAISER in California ran the study. We already know they discount lyme and so many Morgellons patients also have / had lyme.

Amazingly disgusting that they concluded it was "all in their minds" - a very sad day for all those who suffer with this and all who will yet.

I can't believe they could actually discount the FIBERS. So very sad. And, how is it that the KAISER "study" is the last word and not that of the real researchers on this issue ?

KAISER got big bucks to trash the lives of even more patients with something just too complex for their simple minds.

Big Sigh.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it something that the report concluded it was all in their minds? In the comments section for one of these reports, I said that Lyme medical professionals are treating Morgellons patients, and to check in with Lyme organizations.

I suggest we do that as much as we can - refer folks here, or to www.lymedisease.org, etc, for referrals!!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, just what we need... a study done by Kaiser- one of the worst of the worst for Lyme - and the CDC.

Eeeeeuuuuuu! What a nightmare of a marriage that is!

The Morgellons folks are getting treated now like what the chiropractors, Lyme patients, CFS, autism parents, and others once did, who later prevailed.

Does anyone want to send the CDC a note saying when you are wrong you say you are sorry and try to do better. It's that simple.

You don't beat defenseless people in the ground and kick them till they beg for mercy.

That's not nice.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sickening.

[ 01-26-2012, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that the Morgellon's Foundation (I believe that is the organization) had trust in the CDC, and really hoped that their research could help them.

There is so much corporate corruption now. I don't know how we canstop it. It is everywhere. And our doctors believe these study results. They think "peer reviewed studies" can be trusted.

Those of you who are Boomers may remember Joni Mitchell. Apparently she has made it public that she has Morgellons. She is thinking about becomming a spokesperson for this disease. I hope she does, but she has been very sick, so she may not be up to it.

Lyme and Morgellons patients will see a better day.

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some docs believe the results...some know good or bad science when they see it but they have families to support and cant risk losing their license...i used to get mad at the docs but now i understand

llmds and anyone txing morgellons are heros

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a Morgellon's sufferer I have had more than one doc tell me I was having Delusions of Parasotosis.

I asked them this: "If I am having DOP why is it that hundreds of thousands of ppl in the US and other countres are having the same delusion"? No reply of course. This will only become real when they or their loved one becomes ill with it.

When I first became ill with full-blown Morgellon's the doctor I was seeing sent me to a psychiatric hospital for a vacation. Seems my illnesses were causing me to tear at my skin??? Each day of my stay a lady with Alzheimer's reminded me I had sores on my face. I was crushed no one would listen to what I was telling them about the biting and pain coming from the sores. Guess it would sound a little weird. Everything about this disease is weird.

Thank God that I found a doctor that recognizes this horrific, painful disease for what it is. He is from another country and has seen it in his country.

If I had known what this was when I became ill with it maybe I wouldn't had this experience and some day some of these closed-minded doctors will realize this disease is physical in origin. It has a mental aspect because it is horrifying to feel you're being eaten alive from the inside out and knowing fibers are extruding from your own flesh. It is too surreal.

I hope we all find wellness some day but I don't see any help coming soon.

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was an interview on Coast to Coast AM - last Friday, I think... They interviewed Clifford Carnicom. He stated right out there that there is a link between Morgellons & the aerosol trails being sprayed in the sky. For those interested - Clifford Carnicom is not a nut job, conspiracy theorist. Just take a look at his creditentials...

I know this isn't any help to those suffering - but I wouldn't think that the powers in charge would want to recognise this illness.

Someone posted a link about a bunch of young girls who had a twitching illness in upstate NY... They said their illness was a mental condition, too.

This has been something that the medical establishment has been saying about illnesses (especially illness that effects women mostly) for a long time - it's not new. It is disguesting behavior, though.

How long are they going to deny us basic human rights of decent medical care & respect? I'm so tired of hearing "you must have a mental condition" when faced with an obvious physical ailment.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their egos won't allow them to say they don't know the answer to a medical dilema, so they blame it on the victim by saying it's all in the mind. What a weak excuse for ignorance and narcissism. It's also a control issue.

Really sick of it, and yes sparkle is right in that the "all in the mind" crap dx directed at women has been going on for a long time. Sign of weakness on their part if you ask me.

I layed the head of dermatology out when he pulled that with me about my skin lesions. He was shocked that I spoke up. Sorry I didn't slap him. [rant]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement