LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Diane Rehm show Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diane Rehm show Lyme
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the Diane Rehm show Lyme is being discussed right now.
From 10 am to noon.

thedianerehmshowdotorg

Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for letting us know! did anyone catch it? I only heard it for a couple of minutes.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter heard a little. She said one man called in and said his friend suffered with Lyme for 29 years. Then, he got cancer.

After the chemo treatment, he never had another Lyme symptom.

My daughter said she would do chemo right now if it would bring her back to health.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
finallylyme
Member # 33807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finallylyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A link is posted on Under Our Skin's facebook page. I'm listening right now.

try this...
http://thedianerehmshow.org/audio-player?nid=15684

--------------------
I have Lyme - but it doesn't have me.

Posts: 70 | From ohio | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had trouble getting names of speakers-i know a, s, and f....if you caught the otheres or have a transcript of this could you plz help me by pming it ? thanks

[ 03-01-2012, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shoot...lost my post-have to do it again and my hands!!!!! grrrrrr.

kelmo-mst impt the llmd speakers made it very clear they have not seen chemo as helpful for lyme tx so i just wanted to clrify that for othrs reading this...if you are interested please listen yourself---it is near the end.

they said there is a relationship between lyme and immune and chemo and immmune so something could happen but they did not see it as good tx for lyme at this time---

the rest was prettty good...im wondering if it wasfirst aired the 29th or if it had beeen aired earlier

i havent heard dr. f in a long time-he is always so careful with what he says---must be fack backed up by research...he was so careful diane got after him a little and he had to clearly state he was on the ilads side not the idsa

i would like to know where sr s practices if anyone else caught that

nothing really new but it made us look good instead of like crazies

i'd also like to talk to the dad from nh who was on at the end talking about his 5 yo son...

so if you see this sir...plz pm me.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it was recorded yesterday. I haven't listened yet but hubby heard it all. He said they gave a few min in the beginning to the IDSA guy from Hopkins then spent the rest of the show knocking it down. There is a transcript on the Diane Rehm show website -search under 2/29.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Oh and Dr S is in Va.
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I listened to it for about 10 minutes and then just went to the transcript. The IDSA guy from Hopkins sounded like the President of the Flat Earth Society. He spoke for 2 minutes and then never said another thing. Other panelists were good. I agree Dr. F could be more forceful in articulating the ILADS position. Overall a very welcome airing of the issues. Obviously, Diane Rehm "gets it.".

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beth22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The IDSA guy from Hopkins sounded like the President of the Flat Earth Society."

roflmao!

Posts: 236 | From Zionsville IN | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WIZARD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIZARD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diane Rehm has M.S.
Posts: 252 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure about this wizard? She has spasmodic dysphonia, a voice problem that she has to get botox treatments for every now and then. It is thought to be neurological in origin.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lpkayak...thanks for the information. It would be so dang expensive to get chemo.

I do know they use it for the hard cases of Valley Fever we get in the southwest.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beth22:
"The IDSA guy from Hopkins sounded like the President of the Flat Earth Society."

roflmao!

I think someone must have smothered him with a pillow during the interview, cuz he never said another word, and no goodbyes to him at the end, either.

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement