If anyone has tested and found that Mold in home is the cause of not getting better, what did you do? More important, did you notice feeling a little less sick after being outdoors for just a couple of hours, or is it something that you must get away from the mold in your home for weeks to notice a difference?
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353
I am considering this as being a possibility in my case. Of all the time I have been on abx treatment the only time I felt good was when I had my windows open at night for several nights in a row.
I'm hoping to get out of the house soon. I personally don't notice a difference after leaving the house for only a few hrs but who knows, maybe you have to be away longer.
I would love to hear others experiences with how long it took to notice a difference after leaving the moldy environment.
Posts: 1533 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011
| IP: Logged |
We had an issue with mold in our basement and behind some of the stucco at the front of the house. On the advice of my doctor, I did leave during remediation work, but am now back. I do like the windows open and insist on it at night. I took CSM for a while, but that brought its own problems.
I also got haplotype testing and according to Shoemaker's research, I do NOT have the haplotype for whom mold is an issue. I do have the post-lyme syndrome haplotype. So I wonder whether I even needed to move out. Still, a clean environment has got to be better.
I don't know what others say, but it might be worth getting the genetic testing to see how much of an issue it is for you.