LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dumb Question - Bb and Bart are always releasing toxins?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dumb Question - Bb and Bart are always releasing toxins?
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even with no treatment - ie in absence of Abx/herbs etc?

Can anyone elaborate on this?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe I read in the book, "Cure Unknown", that Lyme in the body, even if dormant can give off toxins. I don't know about Bart, and I'm not sure that Lyme does this in every person.
Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I've been told not to say it this way, but when have I ever listened?

Little bacteria enter the body. They hang out, get comfortable, claim their territory, and party as they disperse throughout the body.

Every month or so they all get together and with no shame what-so-ever, have an orgy and party the whole night long.

During all the partying and because some are getting older, they kick the bucket as a result.

NO ONE bothers to remove their tiny little corpses and they are left to spoil. In this process, like raw hamburger meat left on the counter overnight in the summer time....

They rot, like proteins will, and put off toxins. The more bacteria, the bigger the die-off naturally, and the more toxins.

Obviously I did not read this theory in the scientific literature. It is my own rendition of what is happening, so take it as such.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the more microwave radiation you expose them to (say, you step inside a microwave oven or are exposed to a wireless device like a cell phone), the more annoyed they get and the more toxins they spew out.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh great.....

Tincup -- sounds bazaar and creepy but TRUE. Well explained.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hammond
Member # 32303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hammond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the Burrascanol Bible:

"BORRELIA NEUROTOXIN

Two groups have reported evidence that Borrelia, like several other bacteria, produce neurotoxins. These
compounds reportedly can cause many of the symptoms of encephalopathy, cause an ongoing inflammatory
reaction manifested as some of the virus-like symptoms common in late Lyme, and also potentially interfere
with hormone action by blocking hormone receptors. At this time, there is no assay available to detect whether
this compound is present, nor can the amount of toxin be quantified. Indirect measures are currently
employed, such as measures of cytokine activation and hormone resistance. A visual contrast sensitivity test
(VCS test) reportedly is quite useful in documenting CNS effects of the neurotoxin, and to follow effects of
treatment. This test is available at some centers and on the internet.

It has been said that the longer one is ill with Lyme, the more neurotoxin is present in the body. It probably is
stored in fatty tissues, and once present, persists for a very long time. This may be because of enterohepatic
circulation, where the toxin is excreted via the bile into the intestinal tract, but then is reabsorbed from the
intestinal tract back into the blood stream. This forms the basis for treatment. "

So the outer membrane of the Bb bacteria is a toxin that is fat soluble and elicits inflammation and an immune response. No antibiotics required in order for you to be exposed to these toxins! And the fact that they are lipoproteins means that our bodies must eliminate them throught the liver and the bowels.

This is the KEY part about this toxin. Lipoprotein toxins are HARD to eliminate. For further researching fun, look up primary emunctory organs (skin, liver, kidneys, lungs, large intestone) and secondary emunctory organs (when the primary ones get blocked) which are uterus, sinus etc....

Also check out the literature on Ospa lipoprotein.

Sorry my version is not as party friendly as Tincup's!

Posts: 65 | From oregon | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hammond- thanks for the more scientific explanation!

And yes, Tammy, it use to creep me out thinking of what was happening in those terms.

Here a a bunch of bugs inside me squiggling around and having sex like there was no tomorrow, and even when it wasn't a hot Saturday night, and reproducing by the bucket load, and then dropping dead and spoiling my pristine body.

Even Stephen King would shutter. HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can pass the VCS test with flying colors, yet struggle to remember stuff and struggle to be able to do simple (e.g., 1 + 2 = 3) math. So IMHO, the VCS test is a sham for some of us.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking Cholestyramine to mop these dead up. I failed the VCS test miserably and will retake it again soon. I hope the drug helped.
Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cockapoo1996:
I am taking Cholestyramine to mop these dead up. I failed the VCS test miserably and will retake it again soon. I hope the drug helped.

Wish I could take this. It is way too constipating. Any tips on avoiding that?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RZR, it didn't make me any more constipated than I already was. I was taking lots of magnesium (3a Magnesia) at the time I started it but since I am not constipated anymore (finally!!) and am still taking the Cholestyramine, I guess it doesn't affect me that way.
Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doc has me on Pure Encapsulations CholestePure because there r less side problems than Cholestyramine.

I also take powdered Chlorella with it both 2 X a day. Check with your docs about this [Smile]

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great analogy, TC! More truth to that than some may think.

Re: "During all the partying and because some are getting older, they kick the bucket as a result."
I think we (they) need to do a whole lot more research on this "partying".
Plant a few tiny hidden cameras.
That could be the key! [Wink]

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This made me smile.
Posts: 1725 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement