LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need opinions on Pediatric lyme docs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need opinions on Pediatric lyme docs
jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,
My son has had a few symptoms and I tested him and he tested Igenex positive on both Igm And Igg

I have an appt with Dr. J in CT but Ive read some good things about a dr C in PA.

Iam wondering what your opinions are on these 2 doctors. I wanted to take him to See Dr. J bc i know he has treated ALOT of kids but Iam afraid that he is getting old.

I am just wondering if anyone could give me any opinions on these 2 doctors or recommend another one that has dealt with kids. ? Thanks so much

Posts: 573 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLogged
Member # 36494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLogged         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think both doctors are excellent. I believe Dr. C was trained in part by Dr. J.

But... Dr. J. isn't getting any younger. I hate to think what will happen to all his patients when he's gone.

My opinion isn't based on experience, just what I've researched for my own child. In the end we took our child to our LLMD and is now in remission.

Posts: 74 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LymeLogged- I am just wondering how long your child was sick before treatment and how long it took to get to remission?

I was also wondering what their symptoms were? thanks so much

Posts: 573 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Dr. J is God's gift to the children with Lyme. None better.

If you are fortunate enough to get in to see him, do not miss the chance. If your child hasn't fully recovered by the time Dr. J may retire, at least you'll know what direction you should be headed and your family will be better off having known him.

You may also want to call and see what the wait time is for each office and IF they are taking new patients.

Good luck and hope your little one feels better soon!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20352 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLogged
Member # 36494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLogged         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My child had symptoms for three months before he got into see an LLMD. He was in treatment for a little over a year on differnt oral combos.

He really didn't get all that sick, but had minor neurological involvement, stiff neck, tibial pain, weakness and fatigue.

All better now. Hopefully for good.

He's off all meds except for some CAMS and vitamins.

Posts: 74 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know someone who treated with Dr. C and also went to see Dr. J just to make sure the meds were right.

Dr. J said that Dr. C was doing everything right and that they did not need to return to him and to let Dr. C treat the child.

Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticksickfamily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticksickfamily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent you a PM
Posts: 174 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement