LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter




The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » is igenex worth doing twice??

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is igenex worth doing twice??
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had an igenex originally back in about 2008 by a doctor that i really really didn't like. near dallas...

i'm not sure he was even competent. i'd like to have it redone and read by this new doc i'm going to in april.

do you think that's a good idea? i got treated for two years but lost a good doc and haven't been treated for three years now.

it would give him a good base to work from and i would trust his interpretation.

i mean i'd like to know.

it was 400 bucks way back when but i don't know what it costs now. i know my insurance won't pay for that.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had mine done again about 3 years later. It didn't change much and the doc wasn't too excited about it.


Where was the original test done - which lab?

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1966 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Moderator
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no need for a second test .. doesn't matter which lab.

The Western Blot costs around $200.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95978 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are off antibiotics, why not do the new culture test instead? More expensive, but might be better.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what would be your purpose for retesting?

Unless you think you don't have lyme, it wouldn't help guide treatment.

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Once diagnosed, there is no need for a second test.

If the new doctor you plan to see in April is really ILADS-educated and fully LLMD, let him guide you.

Take the Igenex test copy for him, of course, with all the paperwork completed and just let him SEE you, TALK to you, WATCH how you move, function, etc.

Sounds like you did not have complete treatment for those two years after being diagnosed - whatever the case, though, the detail here should help.

The new Advanced Labs test in here, too:

==========================================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=015508;p=0

Diagnosing Lyme Disease (&/or whatever else is going on)

Other tick-borne infections and other chronic stealth infections - as well as certain conditions - that can hold us back are discussed here.

==================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013239;p=0

(What ILADS is) . . . WHY you need an ILADS-educated, Lyme Literate Doctor - starting with assessment / evaluation.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kim812
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kim812     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had 3 Igenex tests done and they all were basically the same...lots of IND and 41+++
Posts: 343 | From North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralphi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ralphi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doc treats by symptoms and told me to save my money for medicine.

If it's worth $200+ to you, then get the test. But you may have a false neg. even with Igenex.

Posts: 330 | From TN | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD just repeated the Western blot. They are trying to get a CDC positive in case I ever need IV, so insurance would pay. I think if this is still negative, they will do an antibiotic challenged Urine PCR for the same reason.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my test was done in 2005. the doctor was uh, not very good. he never explained it but here's what it says.

IGG western blot
23-25 -- IND
31 - IND
39 +
41 +

IGM western blot - 31 +

i assume it's positive right?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canaanbites
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canaanbites     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally would consider that positive, based on all that I have read over the last four years.

I agree with taking those results to your new LLMD and let him/her go from there.

Posts: 112 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have headaches and JAW TMJ pain.That alone is clear Lyme.I have had it before it was activated from head to toe.

Why do you want to do it again ? You have Lyme and you have activated lyme in your head area for sure right now with what I recall from your last posts .

what is the purpose of doing it?If bartonella is in play ( because your feet hurt) your lyme stays activated as Bartonella is opening the doors of lyme to continue and reproduce and spread.

I have been exactly where you are years ago but was given paikillers from the doctors and was clueles of lyme and bart.

You have lyme , bart for sure activate means reproducing .Your headaches are constant and too long as well.They are no migranes ( as I was told by german doctors a decade ago ) and within a few years after that I was fighting for my life with a FULL BLOWN bartonella ( that is too dangerous) and than LYMe and babs.
You need Treatment for sure right away.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Network and the LymeNet system of Web services, please send your donations to:

The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey
907 Pebble Creek Court, Pennington, NJ 08534 USA


| Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Contact Us

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to Terms and Conditions.