LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has Bart h. led to bacillary angiomatosis for anyone here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has Bart h. led to bacillary angiomatosis for anyone here?
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am beginning to believe that my 'mystery' subcutaneous nodules that seem to come and go, flaring only when I relapse, MAY be related to or may actually be a secondary bacillary angiomatosis infection. It all finally makes a lot of sense timewise and symptom wise.

Do any of you have experience dealing with this manifestation of Bartonella? And if so what was your outome?

Thanks so much in advance!
Melanie

http://misc.medscape.com/pi/android/medscapeapp/html/A212737-business.html

--------------------

Posts: 7006 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is angiomatosis?

Several years ago a little wart appeared on my nose; except it wasn't a wart; my doc said it was a hemangioma.

I read on the internet that there is a kind of Bartonella in South America that causes hemangioma on the nose. But i've never been to South America!

It has been stable for years and hasn't got worse.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I remember noticing the subcutaneous nodules was around 2006. I had just moved to CA and my cat disappeard for almost a week. When he returned, he was very skinny and covered in fleas.

I dealt with that infestation for several weeks, but shortly after that- we both became very ill. I really wasn't back to 100% from 3 years of aggressive treatment, but was doing so much better, so I thought it was just a relapse due to the stress of moving, starting a new job, etc., etc.

However, I began to experience many symptoms that were new to me at the time and sought out a new LLMD in CA.

We tackled all of the other symptoms with more aggressive therapy, but the nodules were never addressed and never really went away, they just lessened in size and pain intensity. This continued for several years with an flare in pain everytime I would relapse.

So, it has been an ongoing issue with me for about 6-7 years now. I am REALLY good at ignoring things, so I tend to ignore this as well when it seems like other more prominent and overt symptoms need to be addressed.

But if this IS a secondary bacterial infection, it would explain why I never feel quite 100% even after really intense and aggressive therapy.

I would like to find someone who will biopsy the most painful one so we can find out if the infection can be cultured and confirmed... but I'm just not sure where to turn to for that. And I have read that it is difficult to culture this bacterium, so I can't just go to anyone and ask them to do this sort of specialized lab work.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 7006 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Manybites. that is a helpful link with good basic info.

Pam, I am never surprised when I hear that someone has contracted something that 'only' can come from somewhere they have never been. Remember... people and animals that are hosts or that carry vectors travel!

In fact, pretty recently, an airplane was grounded when several ticks were found on it.

dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you should consider Galaxy Lab for a bartonella test, as they are currently the best, I hear. Wondering if a biopsy is necessary to do a test....blood test would work too?
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Yes, I am interested in using Galaxy lab, but do not know where they are located- any information there?
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Thank you for your help Manybites. I have been treating agressivily off and on for about 10 years so unfortunately I am well aware of reaction intensities! [Wink]

I completely agree that protocols need to be at high doses for long periods of time... and I also agree that if the infection is a long standing one and the loads are high, you will need to start out slower and build up to a bactericidal level.

poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are going to a lyme doc, he/she will be familiar with this lab. And, as you know, tests have to be ordered by a licensed medical person. Not sure who all this covers, probably varies by state.

Here is lab info:

http://www.galaxydx.com/web/human-health/how-to-order/

[ 08-18-2012, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: poppy ]

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since '05 Lone Star nymph bites I've had many bartonella issues. Most prominant was GI issues. But soon after skin eruptions started happening.

When my PCP (somewhat lyme literate) seen my skin eruptions, he told me most skin issues come from the gut. They are connected.

I was then able to connect it all to bart. I had been using rife for bartonella but it wasn't until I seen these 2 freqs that I was able to knock it down. Freqs 832 and 357 although hard for me to do, have been the answer to my skin eruptions.

In no way shape or form did my eruptions look like those horrible pictures I seen on some sites. TBTG

So I guess my tx with a year of rifampin or levaquin did help in some ways. But it wasn't until I actively treated with rife that the skin eruptions went into hiding.

Melanie I hope you find some tx for yourself that works.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6405 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's very common in those with HIV (because the Bart runs rampant)

How come HIV is never talked about on lymenet?

Is it possible some of us have that suppressing our immune systems beyond belief?

We shouldn't need years and years of Bart treatment if we had a responding immune system to suppress it.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Lyme also disregulates the immune system.
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Thanks so much everyone! I'm trying to get an apt in DC so I know I will be under expert care.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement