LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cannabis Oil for Lyme/Co

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cannabis Oil for Lyme/Co
Indica440
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indica440     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0nLdVJiIg

I think the woman in the video had LYME or any other infection like CPN and CO's. The symptoms and the "career" fit like a glove

With all the respect to the LLMD's out there, why is no one using cannabis for lyme? There are many studies out there which indicate that it helps with inflammation and cytokines. So why no cannabis? There are ways to use it where you DONT get the psychoactive effects, which some people are scared of.

There are many studies out there that show that cannabis is a potent antibiotic if you use it in the right way. If it kills cancer it CANT be bad for lyme and coinfections. It helps the body to heal.

You have to forget all the propaganda information that theyve put in your head. I think some of the negative reviews are from herxes because of the antibiotic effects. If you juice the cannabis, there is no psychoatice effect.

You should also watch "run from the cure" - there are only a few report for lyme out there but the ones i found were promising. One man could walk again after he was paralysed for years in a wheelchair, just from the oil. Another one is the woman in the video.

With all the supplements today we are getting, why is this - the most potent plant on the planet - overlooked?

Also look into this:

"Young un-budded hemp plants provide extractions of CBDs (cannabidiolic acids). There are many antibiotic uses of the cannabidiols, including treatment for gonorrhea. A 1990 Florida study indicated its use in treating herpes.

The acid side of tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiols occur inversely to the amount of the plants THC and is therefore more acceptable to prohibitionists because it wont get you high. For virtually any disease or infection that can be treated with teramycin (Tetracycline), cannabis derivatives did better in Czechoslovakian studies, 1952-1955.3 The Czechs in 1997 still publish farm crop reports on strategies to grow cannabidiol rich hemp.

3. The Antibiotic Effect of Cannabis Indica, 1952-53-55. The Antibacterial Effect of Cannabis Indica, 1955, from Marijuana Medical Papers; Cohen & Stillman, Therapeutic Potential of Marijuana, UCLA, 1976.

(Also see Cohen & Stillman, Therapeutic Potential of Marijuana; Mikuriya, Tod H., M.D., Marijuana Medical Papers; Roffman, Marijuana as Medicine, 1982; International Farm Crop abstracts.)"

Posts: 141 | From cali | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Q: With all the respect to the LLMD's out there, why is no one using cannabis for lyme?

In most states, it is not legal. LLMDs have enough trouble just trying to keep the IDSA off their backs as it is.

Still, in states where marijuana is legal, it would not take a LLMD to prescribe this. Anyone's doctor could, for pain or other symptoms on the list to qualify for a Medical Marijuana card.

Not at all contesting the help of this or how our laws need to be updated, just answering the question about why LLMDs are not prescribing this or singing its praises out loud for all to hear.

Much depends on the state in which they practice but, still, it does not take a LLMD. Anyone with a Medical Marijuana Card can obtain various forms.

Smoking pot can damage the lungs, but there are so many other safer methods to consider now, as the oil. "Funny Butter" is one that my regular doctor mentioned some of his patients found helpful for pain.

To see if your state has a medical marijuana program, just Google. There may be certain doctors or support groups through each state's sites.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Indica,

For your state: looks like you could certainly obtain this if you have (or get) a card.

FEDERAL LAWS would still prevail, so it's important to be savvy about this, especially if traveling out of state.

As with any Rx or supplement, it's best if one's LLMD is in on the discussion before any changes.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/mmp/pages/default.aspx

California Medical Marijuana Program
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Other methods discussed here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/24039

Topic: Looking for long term pain management
-

surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it may help pain, but for memory/cognitive issues,
not good.

JMO.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I would say the legal part is a big reason!!

But most dr's also won't use/don't know about legal essential oils.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95055 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love smokin i just cant rite now cuz the brain fog and anxiety,,, cant wait

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indica440
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indica440     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im mainly talkin about its benefits against infections (heal the body) and its antibiotic effects...Maybe LLMDs praise garlic and the buhner herbs when cannabis in high doses might be even stronger. Several studies indicate that... People with lyme should sty hemp oil because its so rich in cannabinoids

And for me it HELPED with brainfog because it reduced inflammation. It has so many benefits!

Posts: 141 | From cali | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indica, are you talking about the hemp oil you can buy online with omega 3s or the oil that you need a script for?

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2026 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I could not see the video you posted as my computer is on its last legs and won't play videos or any sound. So this may have been addressed in that.

I assumed you were talking about marijuana oil.

IF you are talking about hemp, though . . . for those new to this . . .

Hemp is excellent nutrition. You can get all kinds of hemp at any natural foods market, but it's not allowed to be grown in the U.S. - Most comes from Canada.

Too bad, though, because if American farmers could grow and harvest hemp, they could likely make a nice, fair profit - and also - provide environmentally renewal building materials, fabrics, fabulous quality food and medicinal oil.

Hemp crops could also help reverse air pollution and turn around erosion, thereby flooding.

Tough very distant "cousins" - there is absolutely no way anyone can get the same calming effects from hemp as from marijuana.

It's impossible to ever get any kind of "high" from hemp. It is not mind, mood or awareness-altering in any way (other than as great nutrition).

Putting hemp and marijuana in the same category is like saying a Chihuahua is the same as a German Shepherd. They are just not even close.

And that is something the U.S. legislators can't seem to ever understand so they leave the farmers at a disadvantage and force consumers to buy from out of the country. Congress seems to think hemp and pot are the same. Not even close, though.

Hemp can be help in reducing inflammation (and, therefore, pain - just in a far different manner).

Hemp protein powder is the best, IMO, of any.
-

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I posted about this a couple of months ago. There are alot of reasons why marijuana is not widely used.

Look into Jack Herrer's book...The Emperor Wears No Clothes.
FYI -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu7q_-R5NX0

I'm not interetsed in being high but I believe that the useful plants should not be prohibited. Prohibition is ignorant & does not work. It leads to crimes worse than beiing in an altered state of consciousness... There are larger forces at work in regards to this subject, though.

I have read that some use the oil for making a massage oil for muscle & nerve pain, etc.

The more I look into it, the more I see a small minority of people who are making these heinous decisions for the rest of us. I don't know what cane be done but at least more & more people are becoming aware of the problem.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our country is way too conservative, to a fault actually. All plants should be considered for everyone, not just medical use. How do we change this? Write your congresspeople. They really have no idea what Americans want until we write them.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in a state where cannabis is legal. My LLMD gave me a prescription for a license.

He also sent me to this website and had me watch the video titled "leaf."

http://cannabisinternational.org/

It was really an eye-opener for me.

Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weird thing about this "legalization" is that "federally" - it's still illegal - so, you can't grow it for yourself. It's dicey about how it is sold. I read that some dispensaries in places where it is legal were being harrassed & busted - still.

I think this country should take Amsterdam as a model about this stuff. It's been prohibited for too long. I guess the powers want to keep sweeping all the detriments under the carpet. They really should feel bad about how many people's lives have been ruined by these rediculous laws - not to mention the environmental costs.

We could be using hemp for fabric, paper, probably bio fuel... not to mention the medical uses.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - not to divert this thread...

Please sign a petition for keeping kratom legal if you are interested in natural remedies for pain or if you are interested in keeping plants free for our use.

http://keepkratomlegal.org/

http://www.kratomassociation.org/

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Sparkle (Amsterdam). Look what prohibition did (people drank more during prohibition than any other time in US history).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i live in cali, we got farms of weed, its nothing new these days, everybody grows and smokes out here

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I read that the Feds were still hassling some dispensaries in CA. Is this true?

During prohibition some people actually died from drinking poison that was supposed to be liquor... It's rediculous. The criminals made tons of money, though. I think NASCAR actually got started from people driving around with moonshine deliveries... LOL

riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are different forms of hemp and medical cannabis....it seems that there are some companies (at least one that i know of) that are now selling legal forms of high cbd glycerites.

Speaking of LLMD's, I watched a video from the 2011 ILADS conference on pain control for lyme patients and one of the suggestions from the LLMD was to use medical cannabis.

For people who do not want to get high, using the raw form of cannabis will give you high cbds and no THC.

As soon as you heat the marijuana (leaf or bud)....you'll be activating the THC and that is what makes a person high.

It's only a matter of time before more people will be able to legally access the medicinal qualities of these plants.

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my LLMD's in the past used Marinol for pain which is synthetic cannabis, the thc part. This is legal.

It worked fabulously for pain, but you got the buzz like smoking and the worst part is that you wanted to eat everything in the house while taking it.

Not all of us have the low weight issue with this disease. For me, I have to fight the scale daily. So I got off the Marinol.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2680 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Living in B.C. I'm in cannabis country and I'm hearing more and more about JUICING cannabis plants. This is done when the plants are very young, before buds are produced.

I have a lyme friend who has a script for cannabis and she has asked her grower to make her some baby plants for juicing so I'll let you know what she thinks.

Apparently no "high" from juiced plants. I think "Run From the Cure" talks about juicing.

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
smoked weed the whole time I was sick-

I was in horrible pain 24 seven for years
Smoking weed made the pain more Tolerable and I actually think it helped with antibiotic qualities-

I noticed when I ran out of weed that I would get sicker -

This happened many times to where it was clear that this was the case -

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neurologist says his MS patients swear by marijuana for pain and twitches and spasms . I agree that it should be legal for medical reasons .

Keebler , thank you for the hemp info. I knew nothing about it at all ! You are so helpful . I hope you get a new computer as a gift soon!

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura_W
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would really be interested in the juicing of the marijuana plant and the results that anyone has had from it.

I am in a state where it is legal.

Thank you!

--------------------
10/10 EIA 1.4+, 41 (IGG), 23 (IGM)
Bitten over 20 years ago.
Currently not treating, looking for a Dr who will work with my insurance lol.

More muscular, cognitive, nerve issues than joints. Facial droop and blurred vision.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement